April 30, 2024, 11:22:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370154 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #360 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:55 PM »

Michael Thomas C. S. Rafferty

Can someone explain to me what C.S. stands for?  TIA, Lovinlife
I could, but you don't want me too.
  Is it not his middle initials 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »

in my head it means coxucker...but I wondered if it was some sort of title.  Sorry Mods--delete if necessary.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »

lol
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #363 on: May 20, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »

Would someone mind to put the link up to the live feed? Is there more then one? If so, please post them?

TIA
http://www.livestream.com/lfpress
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #364 on: May 20, 2009, 01:10:25 PM »

in my head it means coxucker...but I wondered if it was some sort of title.  Sorry Mods--delete if necessary.

LOL.  That's great.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: May 20, 2009, 01:20:39 PM »

It appears Tori Stafford has been murdered.  But I am waiting for official confirmation that the body recovered is Tori's before I make that notation on the thread and before I move it.  I'm so sorry.  I was hopeful she would be found alive.   
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:59:09 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: May 20, 2009, 01:23:12 PM »

lol
What does those initials mean, I am really confused 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2009, 01:25:20 PM »

WOODSTOCK, Ont. — Two people appeared in court Wednesday charged in connection with the murder of 8-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford in Woodstock, Ont.

Court documents show that Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, has been charged with one count of murder and one count of abduction. Eighteen-year-old Terri-Lynne McClintic is also charged with abduction and accessory to murder.

It's alleged that Stafford was killed on April 8, the same day she went missing after she was seen on surveillance camera footage walking away from her school willingly with an unidentified woman.

McClintic's charge is in connection with knowing about the homicide and "enabled him (Rafferty) to escape," the documents said.

According to Global Toronto, Rafferty broke down sobbing in court early Wednesday and said: "I didn't do it."

The pair were arrested after midnight at a rundown house in Woodstock.

Police said a news conference will be held at 3 p.m. ET Wednesday in the city located about 50 kilometres west of Toronto.

Emergency crews were reportedly also searching an area outside of Guelph, Ont.

Tori's mother's best friend, Sarah Leeper, told the National Post that this was the "worst-case scenario" as she headed toward Tara McDonald's home.

When contacted at home early Wednesday by Canwest News Service, Tori's uncle, Rob Stafford, said the family had "no comment" about the arrests.

Barb Derbowka, Victoria's second cousin, said she is "at a loss for words over how people can be so cruel."

She was waiting for the extended family to gather at her house and then join the parents.

Police raided the house of a woman and her daughter just after midnight Wednesday.

Reporters and neighbours have gathered outside the home on Wilson Street. The house is under police guard.

A neighbour said a woman named Carol and her daughter, Terri-Lynne live in the home, which he said was in a rough area of town. The neighbour said the house regularly has broken up furniture on the patio.

Tori, as she is called by friends, has been missing for six weeks.

She was last seen on a surveillance camera willingly walking away with an unidentified woman after school on April 8. Police released a composite sketch of the woman. The sketch is of an unidentified white female, believed to be 19 to 25 years old, with long, straight, black hair past her shoulders, worn in a ponytail. She was wearing a white winter jacket and tight black jeans.

Rodney Stafford said at the time of the release that he "strongly believes" the woman is someone he knew in high school. Her mother, Tara McDonald, however, said she did not recognize the woman.

Oxford community police classified her disappearance as a missing-person case for 10 days until it was later determined she had been abducted.

McDonald has held daily news conferences outside her home since Tori's disappearance. The briefings have been, at times, emotionally charged, with Tori's parents fighting and McDonald admitting to a former drug addiction to the painkiller OxyContin.

McDonald dismissed claims her daughter's abduction was related to her addiction, saying suspicions that her daughter's disappearance is related to a drug debt are unfounded.

She told reporters she used OxyContin two to three times a week, but started going to a methadone clinic two years ago, because she wanted to gain control of her life.

She said Tori and her brother Daryn, 10, never knew she was taking drugs, and it never affected her ability to care for her kids.

Both the girl's parents were given lie-detector tests by police, and were never declared suspects.

On many occasions, McDonald told the media she believed Tori was taken because of her attractive physical appearance, and made repeated pleas to the captors to "just drop her off somewhere.'"

There are various online Facebook groups dedicated to finding the Grade 3 student, with one group having more than 120,000 members.

A reward of $50,000 was offered by the Oxford Community police for information leading to the arrest of Tori's abductors.

National Post with files from Lisa Hepfner, CHCH News, Global Toronto and Canwest News Service

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/arrested+disappearance+girl+Reports/1612290/story.html
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2009, 01:26:39 PM »

lol

It's short form for Laugh out Loud. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2009, 01:27:56 PM »

Timeline: The Victoria Stafford file

By Natalie Stechyson, Canwest News ServiceMay 20, 2009 1:01 PM

April 8: Victoria Stafford is last seen in the afternoon walking home from school, but she never arrives. An Amber Alert is not issued.

April 9: Surveillance camera footage from a local high school surfaces, capturing what police say was the child and an unidentified woman. Victoria does not appear to be struggling in the video. The woman is described as between 19 and 25, white, five-foot-two and about 125 pounds with a black ponytail. Stafford's grandparents offer a $10,000 reward for her return.

April 10: Police appeal for woman in video to come forward.

April 11: Const. Laurie-Anne Maitland of the Oxford Community Police says that there have been many questions about why an Amber alert was not issued. "At the time of the call coming in, we didn't have what was required for an Amber alert — not even close." A Facebook group — Find Victoria Stafford — already has 10,000 members.

April 12: Hundreds gather in Woodstock at 8 p.m. to hold a vigil for Stafford. Tori's mother makes a tearful appeal for her daughter to contact her family. "Anywhere, anyway that she can get back to us, if she can call or get away, find a way to come home," said Tara McDonald.

April 13: Police call off the ground search after finding no clues. Const. Maitland says: "I think the feeling among police is, yes, she is (alive), and I am happy to report that feeling."

April 14: Stafford's classmates return to school for the first time since her disappearance.

April 15: Parents reveal they took lie detector tests on the weekend. America's Most Wanted features Stafford's case as its top story.

April 17: It is announced that Ontario Provincial Police take over the search. Det. Insp. William Renton says the case is now officially classified as an abduction, not just a missing person. Tara McDonald speaks to a throng of media outside her home and says she believes her daughter is still alive. "I'm her mother, I know her better than anyone else on the planet," she said.

April 21: Police release a composite sketch of the woman in the video.

April 22: Rodney Stafford says he believes he recognizes the woman in the sketch, but Tara McDonald says she is not familiar with her.

May 3: Rodney Stafford lashes out on Facebook. "If by chance the persons responsible for the disappearance of Victoria are reading this I hope you are scared, nervous or whatever your sick minds are feeling right now. But know this . . . Daddy and the world are coming for Victoria."

May 4: Police release video footage of a dark coloured station wagon being driven on the same street where Victoria Stafford was last seen walking with a woman.

May 8: Tara McDonald says she is tired of gossip and rumours that she is somehow involved in the disappearance of her child and urges people to focus on Tori.

May 12: McDonald reads an open letter to her missing daughter, and urges her to stay strong.

May 15: Stafford's parents fight publicly in a daily media conference. Stafford lashed out at his ex-wife for displaying a lack of emotion, while she countered he was able to cry for the cameras because he feels guilty for being an absentee father. McDonald later spoke in more detail about her past addiction to drugs, saying she used OxyContin two to three times a week but started going to a methadone clinic two years ago because she wanted to gain control of her life. Suspicions that her daughter's disappearance is related to a drug debt are unfounded, McDonald said.

May 20: Two arrests are made. Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, appear in court. Both are charged with abduction. Rafferty is charged with murdering Stafford on April 8. McClintic is charged with knowingly aiding and enabling Rafferty. Rafferty and McClintic are scheduled to appear in court on May 28 in Woodstock, Ont.

http://www.canada.com/news/Timeline+Victoria+Stafford+file/1612780/story.html
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

Rafferty, 28, was also read charges of having abducted Stafford, and then, in Woodstock and elsewhere in Ontario, having murdered her. McClintic was read a third charge of having been an accessory to murder after the fact.

Teri Lynn McClintic was adopted at age three by Rob and Carol McClintic, who would later split up. The parents both moved out of Woodstock.

Now 18, it's believed she moved back to Woodstock a few years ago and troble soon followed. "She was getting into trouble, hanging out with the wrong people," her paternal grandmother, Nancy, told The Free Press.

http://www.lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Local/2009/05/20/9510571.html

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: May 20, 2009, 01:29:01 PM »

lol

I believe No Rose was asking about the "C.S" in the name.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: May 20, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »

CP24 just reported both people arrested ARE KNOWN to Tori's father.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: May 20, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »

Tori's dad just came out of the police station.  Reports are saying police have told him what they know .

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: May 20, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »

House that Teri Lynn McClintic was arrested in last night
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: May 20, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »

Arial view they are now showing
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: May 20, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »

Police searching this morning
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #377 on: May 20, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »

CP24 just reported both people arrested ARE KNOWN to Tori's father.
The step Dad ( the boyfriend )  or the real Dad.( Bio Dad ) ?
This is horrid. We are all talking about it at work. Well, mostly me.
Why wasn't the woman charged with kidnapping ? Tori left the school with the woman. The Justice Dept. here better not make any "deals" with this lady or there will be rioting in Canada on the streets. And we have different laws, no sunshine laws, so very little will come out until the trial. And we have no Death Penalty.
Twenty five is the maximum unless declared a habitual. Sometimes they "gate"  them and figure out some NEW charges on their way out.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: May 20, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »

lol

I believe No Rose was asking about the "C.S" in the name.
I was, thanks. So McClintic lived with her mom and Rafferty lived with his mom, has there been something that I may have missed, how these two got together?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: May 20, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »

News conference feed

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.