April 30, 2024, 03:06:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370031 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #700 on: May 22, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »

Thanks for the updated articles. I have a question, since Terri-Lynne's help isn't helping that much, why don't they take Rafferty out there to help instead? Or is it because Terri-Lynne was the one and only one to get rid of Tori's remains?

He's probably maintaining his innocence and not cooperating with police.

The two attempted abductions in the area involving dark colored car, make me awfully relieved that Rafferty is locked up!  Not saying it was Rafferty...
but...

My speculation is that T-L has confessed and that is how Rafferty got found out. She has nothing to lose as she already said she was involved.  I am betting Rafferty is not saying anything and if he takes him to the body that pretty much proves he is guilty.

Right NorRose.  She has something to gain - (avoiding murder charge)
Maybe that's why it is rumored there may be an upgrade in the charges - (in the event McLintock is messing with the police they are leaving their options open.   I doubt a deal has been made ...yet.  There was too much of a public outcry with the sweetheart deal Homolka got...early in that case.

Homolka being out, reportedly pregnant and living her life like nothing happened is sickening.  I really hope there is no deal here.  How can you make a deal when you have already taken a life?  Put her in a room with Ronald for 1/2 hour and lets see what he can get out of her.  Save all the taxpayers a huge pile of money.  I am already sick that we are paying for Mulroney's Schriver crappola and it is already in the millions.

YEPPERS, it's no da*m wonder there is such a distrust of politicians of every suit!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: May 22, 2009, 01:07:14 PM »

CBC

Tara is expected to be holding a press conference at 3:00 today.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: May 22, 2009, 01:09:54 PM »

CBC
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: May 22, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »

CBC

Search has moved east to Salem. (5 minute drive)

Canines are being brought to a rock pile. 

T-L is not sure where Tori's remains were dropped off.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #704 on: May 22, 2009, 01:18:22 PM »

CBC

Tara is expected to be holding a press conference at 3:00 today.

Thank-you  an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #705 on: May 22, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »

CBC

I don't understand how T-L doesn't know, if she was there...(even IF she stayed in the car)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #706 on: May 22, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »

So the green car was his? So I can assume he tried to abduct the other children as well? My god, he was turning into a serial child rapist/murder!

The story about what happened that day was disturbing to say the least. Who the hell would kidnap a child for their boyfriend? I don't believe she walked away from the car. I think  she is trying to save embarrassment.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #707 on: May 22, 2009, 01:35:05 PM »

CBC

I don't understand how T-L doesn't know, if she was there...(even IF she stayed in the car)

NRose said:
-L is reported to be doing her best to remember but the trees now have leaves which they did not have 6 weeks ago and it is making it harder to recognize the areas and see things; things look a whole lot different.

-------------

I have also heard over yonder from someone with a "source" that it was Terri said it was dark. (take that for what you will) ) So between the trees changing and it being night...I can see her having problems if she isn't familiar with the area.

jmo.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #708 on: May 22, 2009, 01:37:44 PM »

So the green car was his? So I can assume he tried to abduct the other children as well? My god, he was turning into a serial child rapist/murder!

The story about what happened that day was disturbing to say the least. Who the hell would kidnap a child for their boyfriend? I don't believe she walked away from the car. I think  she is trying to save embarrassment.
Whether or not he was the one attempting to abduct others within the past two weeks, thank God he is off the streets.

Bernardo's sick perversions escalated from ever more vicious rapes of teenage school girls to lengthy torture and murder.

I just wish they would find Tori - today.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #709 on: May 22, 2009, 01:41:40 PM »

CBC

NRose said:
-L is reported to be doing her best to remember but the trees now have leaves which they did not have 6 weeks ago and it is making it harder to recognize the areas and see things; things look a whole lot different.

-------------

I have also heard over yonder from someone with a "source" that it was Terri said it was dark. (take that for what you will) ) So between the trees changing and it being night...I can see her having problems if she isn't familiar with the area.

jmo.
Thanks.   I can see that. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: May 22, 2009, 01:50:48 PM »

CBC

Me either
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: May 22, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »

I don't believe for a second she walked away from the car.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: May 22, 2009, 02:26:18 PM »

Foliage changes hamper search for body of Ont. girl Tori, says lawyer of accused
By Allison Jones – 33 minutes ago

GUELPH, Ont. — Accused of abducting Tori Stafford and helping her alleged killer evade police, Terri-Lynne McClintic wants the eight-year-old girl's family to know she is trying hard to find her body, her lawyer said Friday.

McClintic, 18, was charged this week along with Michael Rafferty, 28, who is facing charges of abduction and first-degree murder. Despite the murder charge, Tori's body has not yet been found.

A judicial order has allowed McClintic to remain in the custody of the Oxford Community Police Service to assist in the search for Tori's remains, which is taking place about an hour outside Woodstock, in Fergus, Ont.

McClintic's lawyer Jeanine LeRoy said Friday that her client has a message for Tori's family.

"She wants them to know that she is doing everything in her power to assist the police in bringing Tori home," LeRoy said outside court in Guelph, Ont., where she was appearing on unrelated matters.

"It's important to her that they know that."

A judicial order that allows McClintic to aid in the search for her body has been extended through the weekend to Sunday, LeRoy said.

The search for the Grade 3 student's remains was in its third day Friday, despite McClintic's help. LeRoy noted six weeks have passed since Tori disappeared.

"She is doing her best to try to remember what she can and to provide that info to the police," LeRoy said. "She did indicate that the weather changes and the foliage changes (since April Cool are making that tougher."

LeRoy said neither she nor her client have discussed a deal with the Crown attorney in exchange for her co-operation.

"It was her idea (to help), not counsel's," LeRoy said of her client. "She was involved with police in assisting them in the search well before she even talked to a lawyer."

Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, was set to speak at 3 p.m. Friday outside her home in Woodstock.

In the days following Tori's disappearance the community rallied behind the family, plastering the town with hundreds of flyers, holding candlelight vigils and balloon releases and participating in massive volunteer searches for the little girl.

But court documents suggest police Tori died the same day she was taken.

McDonald began holding daily news conferences to keep the story in the media spotlight and, on a number of occasions, vigorously denied rumours that began swirling in the community, including one that her daughter was kidnapped over a drug debt.

At one point McDonald was confronted with the allegation that she looked like the woman in a composite sketch released by police - a suggestion she called laughable.

Police remained tight-lipped about the investigation, but McDonald's daily briefings revealed a number of strange twists in the case: McDonald accepted a ride in a limousine to meet a mysterious benefactor in a Toronto hotel who offered to pay any ransom demand, and the family also sought the help of a psychic.

Family members, including McDonald and Stafford, also spoke openly about having taken lie-detector tests.

The media spotlight also put McDonald's personal struggles on full display, including her addiction to the narcotic OxyContin, which she said she's receiving treatment for.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gfd7eDwU4LmbhkkiWbmH1xqoh7vw
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: May 22, 2009, 02:27:05 PM »

Prime minister says heart breaks over Tori Stafford's abduction and death
By THE CANADIAN PRESS – 40 minutes ago

CALGARY — The prime minister says that the abduction and slaying of an Ontario girl is a terrible thing that "breaks your heart."

Stephen Harper says it's particularly hard for him because he has a young daughter of his own.

Two people have been charged in the abduction of eight-year-old Tori Stafford, who was last seen April 8 leaving her school with an unidentified woman.

Michael Rafferty, 28, is also charged with first-degree murder and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, is charged with being an accessory.

Harper said nobody ever wants to experience the pain Tori's parents are going through so publicly.

"I know the trials and tribulations of being in the public eye," he said Friday in Calgary where he was making a funding announcement.

"What a terrible thing for an ordinary family to be thrust into the public eye because of such a deeply personal tragedy, one that would be bad enough without all of the publicity that goes along with it."

Harper added he is sure Canadians everywhere have the family in their thoughts and prayers.

He also said he believes that "Tori's in a better place."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jB9cYeel0kA9_k07GwBeFZosgGAg
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: May 22, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »

Oxford County : Police Creating DNA Profile Of Tori
Posted by Ashley DeGroote 

Oxford Police are starting to create a DNA profile of Victoria Stafford. Last night, OPP brought Tori's mother Tara McDonald and her boyfriend James Goris to McDonald's home for a tooth and a pair of Tori's shoes. OPP would not comment to media about the roundup of the items, nor what the accused Terri-Lynn McClintic led them to in a Fergus field yesterday. Tara McDonald is expected to speak with the media at 3 this afternoon.

http://cd989.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=16445
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: May 22, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »

Thank-you Northern Rose  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: May 22, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »

Accused helping police as gesture to Tori's family
Updated Fri. May. 22 2009 1:58 PM ET

ctvtoronto.ca

The lawyer of the woman accused in the kidnapping of Victoria "Tori" Stafford says her client is co-operating in the search for the girl's body as a gesture to the 8-year-old's family.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, is charged with kidnapping and being an accessory to murder after the fact.

Since being charged Wednesday, a judge has allowed McClintic to help the Ontario Provincial Police search for Tori's body.

"Certainly she's doing it because she feels she needs to do this for the family and for Tori," McClintic's lawyer Jeanine LeRoy told CTV Toronto on Friday.

On Friday, a judge extended a court order allowing McClintic to help police until Sunday.

"She did indicate that the weather changes and the foliage changes (since April Cool are making that tougher," LeRoy told The Canadian Press Friday.

Police continued to focus their search in an area between Guelph and Fergus, Ont.

"The OPP chopper is giving co-ordinates back to the command post," CTV's Jim Junkin reported Friday from Fergus.

"Officers are then being given maps with the co-ordinates and sent out to the various locations around the Fergus area to try and find some trace of Tori Stafford."

Junkin said police were searching a rock pile in Fergus Friday morning.

On Thursday, police picked up a dumpster in Fergus and sent it away so that its contents could be examined.

Daryn Stafford, brother of Tori Stafford, walks past flowers left at his house in Woodstock, Ont., Friday, May 22, 2009. (Dave Chidley / THE CANADIAN PRESS)
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090521/Tori_search_090522/20090522?hub=Canada
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: May 22, 2009, 02:31:49 PM »

Thank-you Northern Rose  an angelic monkey

You are very welcome.  I will try to capture the press conference.  Was going to cut the lawn but it can wait.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: May 22, 2009, 02:33:57 PM »

Woman accused in Stafford case had troubled past
Updated: Thu May. 21 2009 11:30:36 PM

CTV.ca News

With a single mother who worked as a stripper and an estranged father, the 18-year-old woman accused of luring Tori Stafford to her death was forced to live a transient childhood around Ontario.

According to friends and relatives, Terri-Lynne McClintic grew up in Parry Sound, North Bay and Brampton, to name but a few of the towns.

Recently, McClintic moved back to Woodstock to live with her mother, Carol McClintic.

One friend, who declined to be named, said the constant moving made childhood difficult for the young McClintic.

"She was moved around quite a bit, and that really messed with her. Everywhere, everyone screwed her over. The system really failed her," said a 17 year-old friend, who declined to be named.

"To have a life like that, you'll never be normal, never be the little girl she was supposed to be," the friend told The Globe and Mail.

On her Facebook profile, McClintic appears to show a fascination for violence -- including a stated desire to join the infamous Crips gang.

The results of several personal quizzes posted on the profile suggest similar leanings:

"What drug are you?" (the answer was methamphetamine)
"How evil are you" (pretty much evil)
"What kind of guy would you fall for?" (the bad boy)
"What crime are you?" (murder)
A woman living in Woodstock, who identified herself as McClintic's grandmother said she hadn't seen her granddaughter in years.

"[Carol] was a stripper and she knew the wrong people and she wasn't treating Terri-Lynne right," the woman told The Globe and Mail. "It's breaking my heart."

McClintic's boyfriend faces murder charge

Meanwhile, McClintic's co-accused and boyfriend is an unemployed former landscaper ten years her senior.

Last year, Michael Rafferty, 28, moved to Woodstock to live with his mother after he lost his job in nearby Guelph.

On his MySpace page, Rafferty describes himself as a "hopeless romantic" who is into music and martial arts.

"I'm full of romance and love and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am a hopeless romantic... But can also stand my ground," he states on the profile.

According to an ex-girlfriend, Rafferty was an emotional man who seemed to obsess over his relationships.

"He wasn't stable," said Lexi, who declined to give her last name.

Lexi told CTV.ca Thursday night that she dated Rafferty earlier this year for about two months before she broke it off.

Rafferty attended high school in the Greater Toronto Area and hoped to become a paramedic, according to the profile.

Friends say Rafferty and McClintic met at a pizza parlour in Woodstock and began dating about four months ago.

Police allege that McClintic helped Rafferty abduct Tori, and then helped him escape the area. Later, police allege Rafferty killed the girl on his own.

On Thursday evening, police continued to search for Tori's remains.

"This is totally out of character," said Dave Riddell, who lived with Rafferty and his mother for a year.

Riddell recently moved out of the home because he felt Rafferty was taking advantage of his mother's generosity.

Rafferty and McClintic next appear in court May 28.
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090521/stafford_suspects_090521/20090521/?hub=TorontoNewHome
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #719 on: May 22, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »

Surveillance camera catches accused couple on day Tori was taken

Missing girl's mother and accused, Terri-Lynne McClintic, had only a fleeting acquaintance, contrary to some earlier reports.

Christie Blatchford

Tuesday, May. 19, 2009 01:20PM EDT

After Victoria (Tori) Stafford was abducted on April 8 from her Woodstock hometown, her accused killers were captured together in a car by a surveillance camera located in a nearby Southwestern Ontario city.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, the 18-year-old so fully co-operating with police she accompanied Ontario Provincial Police detectives on a helicopter search of a rural area near Guelph yesterday, and her 28-year-old boyfriend Michael Thomas Rafferty, are apparently visible in the surveillance photograph, The Globe and Mail has learned.

The two were taken into custody Tuesday night after Ms. McClintic, then in her second interview with detectives, made a full statement to police. The surveillance video evidence, as well as the location of the area being searched, are considered corroborative of some of the details in her statement.

It is alleged that Ms. McClintic was loitering outside Oliver Stephens Public School that day, where Tori was in Grade 3, as the dismissal bell rang.

The teenager allegedly was on a specific mission to grab a child for Mr. Rafferty, with Tori being simply the first available youngster she spotted.

Ms. McClintic is alleged to have led the little girl to her boyfriend, who was waiting nearby in the same car shortly afterwards caught on the videotape.

The vehicle is now in police hands and will be subjected to a painstaking search, with officers looking for any forensic evidence – from hair to fibres to DNA – of Tori's presence.

Ms. McClintic has told police that she walked a distance away from the car when Mr. Rafferty allegedly assaulted the little girl.

But if proved in court, the allegations that this young woman actively helped in obtaining a child victim for her boyfriend for the purpose of sexual assault would place her in one of the rarest of categories, the so-called “male-coerced or male-accompanied” female sexual offender.

A recent study of 19 convicted female sex offenders done by the Correctional Service of Canada revealed they made up just 3 per cent of the total number of female offenders.

The vast majority of these women – 16 of 19 – had male co-offenders, and 14 of them committed their offence or offences with the men – thus the “male-coerced or male-accompanied' moniker. Most of the involved men were their husbands or lovers, with four being described as male-coerced (where the male partner forces the women to take part) and five falling into the “male-accompanied” category, which researchers say usually means they took a more active role in the assaults on the victims.

more at link

http://is.gd/CqtS

Edited: Removed items outside of article.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:12:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.