April 30, 2024, 11:07:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370150 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #940 on: May 29, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »

Maybe they should try waterboarding Rafferty and see if he discloses where he put her. Or better yet, that big unlce of Tori's, give him 2 minutes with him.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #941 on: May 29, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090529/stafford_update_090529/20090529?hub=Toronto

Police tell dad they may never find Tori's remains

Updated: Fri May. 29 2009 12:42:23 PM

The Canadian Press

WOODSTOCK, Ont. — The father of Victoria Stafford says police have told him to prepare for the possibility they may never find his daughter's remains.

Tori went missing on April 8 and six weeks later police arrested 28-year-old Michael Rafferty and charged him with first-degree murder.

Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, who was originally charged with being an accessory, has since had her charges upgraded to first-degree murder.

Police have been searching for Tori's remains for 10 days, and though at first they were looking in a specific rural area that has now been widely expanded to include lakes and areas near Canada's busiest highway, the 401.

Tori's father, Rodney Stafford, says police told him they may never find his daughter.

But Stafford says without being able to lay his daughter to rest he will never be able to let his mind rest, still thinking there is a shred of hope she is alive.
How awful, what a horrible thing to have to live with, not only the death of your child, but the possibilites of not laying her to rest. I honestly don't understand how these families get through any of this and survive.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: May 29, 2009, 08:18:14 PM »

Maybe they should try waterboarding Rafferty and see if he discloses where he put her. Or better yet, that big unlce of Tori's, give him 2 minutes with him.

I vote for Tori's uncle. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: May 29, 2009, 08:40:12 PM »

I think the uncle is the best bet as well. I just want them to find her body. It is an aweful thought but you had stated there are wild animals in that area. I pray nothing like that happened.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: May 29, 2009, 09:05:24 PM »

She could be anywhere in that area. It is a large rural area they are covering and they have no clue where he was. He had from April 12 , the day that Terri-Lynn was arrested to do clean up and move things around. They are going to review the Amber Alert in that province, but that does Tori no good. Or her parents. Let me tell you, people are enraged here in Canada. Mad at who ? The community police who for ten days did pretty well nada except look at the parents. They could have looked elsewhere at the same time. By the time the OPP got on board, there had been too much of a time lapse. Plus, they sure aren't doing a great job now. They show pictures of the suspects, one with the jacket over his head, her with cornrows and ask, have you seen these persons ? The media is just as bad. Yesterday, the news about the court appearance, shows the uncle and some lady.
They are going to have separate trials. Oh wow. They have Terri-Lynne's statements that she began to make without a lawyer present when she was in jail. Unless somethign major happens like a stranger does a stumble upon, they are both going to walk. There will be a preliminary hearing and there will be no evidence except the statements of a drug abusing girl who was " pressured" while incarcerated.   
jaggard19
Scared Monkey

« Reply #945 on: May 29, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »

I am going to sound like a broken record, but, again, a Missing Child Alert, should be put into effect whenever a child is reported missing.  Amber Alert can be added later if necessary.  Does not matter who the LE suspect either, it is a MISSING CHILD ALERT, and alerts the immediate area regarding the missing child and could then branch out to adjacent areas  But a Missing Child Alert works, I know, we have one in my area.  On one of the alerts, the child was at a neighbors house, and the neighbor got the missing child alert via phone (they use a reverse 911 for the alert), and child was brought home within 10 minutes of the alert!  It works.  It gets the community involved.  It lets people know about the missing child immediately instead of waiting until the 11 PM news!  It works.  We need every community to have the Missing Child Alert.  The alert is issued at the time of the 911 call, even while LE is on the way to the area where the child was reported missing.

After reading this, I know I sound like a broken record, but it is as important or even more important than the Amber Alert, because it is immediate.  Even if the parents are suspects, the alert has gone out.  It brings in more leads, and has a huge number of people already looking for the child.  Our alert advises us to go outside and check our property and neighborhood!  What could possibly be wrong with that?

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: May 29, 2009, 09:18:56 PM »

Near where I live, we had a community police force disbanded for several reasons and the RCMP took over. The same thing should happen in Woodstock. Get rid of them all.
Or not let them handle any major crimes. This wait of ten days enrages me.
And because the police don't release any information as it is an on going investigation, I am not convinced that Terri Lynne was being truthful. She spilled on him when she found out he dated some other girl.
I am in a rant mode and I should just step away for a while.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: May 29, 2009, 09:36:51 PM »

Near where I live, we had a community police force disbanded for several reasons and the RCMP took over. The same thing should happen in Woodstock. Get rid of them all.
Or not let them handle any major crimes. This wait of ten days enrages me.
And because the police don't release any information as it is an on going investigation, I am not convinced that Terri Lynne was being truthful. She spilled on him when she found out he dated some other girl.
I am in a rant mode and I should just step away for a while.

I don't blame you, this case was very much bumbled, and I would hate to see these two walk, but it wouldn't surprise me. I believe Terri was just bs-ing the police the whole while she was out helping.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: May 29, 2009, 09:39:03 PM »

God Love ya', our Northern Friends! This case has been a true eye opener to me.  From the very beginning I was caught off guard by the little news there was regarding the abduction.  Thank God you guys were finally able to bring some more news as it broadened into Toronto and Ontario or I'd still be posting links to the Woodstock newspaper.  I'm not saying that it is any better here in the states but golly they waited too long to get the information out.  Hindsight 20/20 I guess.  I hope that some reform can come from this.  Too bad Tori had to pay the ultimate price. 

an angelic monkey
GOD BLESS TORI

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
victorian
Scared Monkey

« Reply #949 on: May 29, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »

I vote for Tori's uncle. 
Me too
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: May 30, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »

I vote for the Uncle also. Let these two go. Give them a 5 second head start down Woodstock's main drag. I am still felling very mean, can't imagine what the family is feeling.
There have to be some legislative changes and a good hard look at the Oxford Commmunity police. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: May 31, 2009, 05:59:59 PM »

Parents Plan Memorial For Tori Stafford
Sunday May 31, 2009
CityNews.ca Staff

Rodney Stafford and Tara McDonald last saw their beloved daughter nearly eight weeks ago.

Recently, police cautioned the family that they may never see eight-year-old Victoria "Tori" Stafford again.

Faced with that agonizing information, the parents decided to move forward with a public memorial service for the young girl. It will held at Calvary Pentecostal Church in Woodstock at 1pm on June 6, nearly two months to the day after Tori disappeared forever.

The third-grade student at Oliver Stephens Public School didn't come home after classes on April 8.

Six weeks later, two people from her town of Woodstock were charged with her abduction and murder.

Despite one of the accused initially agreeing to help police, Tori's small body still has not been found.

At first, Stafford and McDonald refused to plan a service until police had finished their search.

But as the hunt enters its 12th day, hope is becoming slim. Officers, including members of the Halton Regional police force, are looking through ditches and garbage dumps near Fergus, ON for any trace of the girl.

Roadways and lakes near Highway 401 were also looked over by crews but so far, they've turned up nothing.

Michael Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, face charges of first-degree murder and kidnapping. McClintic received special permission to help investigators look for Tori's body.

However, her information did not appear to help police and McClintic was once again put behind bars on May 24.

Rafferty and McClintic will be tried separately.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_34981.aspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: May 31, 2009, 06:01:20 PM »

No new leads as search for Tori Stafford continues

Canwest News ServiceMay 31, 2009

WOODSTOCK, Ont. -- As the search for the body of eight-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford continued in rural forested areas of southwestern Ontario Sunday, police officials said they have yet to find any new evidence in the case.

"I haven't received any information of anything being found yet," Const. Laurie-Anne Maitland told Canwest News Service Sunday morning, disputing reports by some media agencies late Saturday night that suggested investigators came across some "items of interest" while searching along Highway 6, near Fergus, Ont.

Police entered their 12th day in search of Tori's body Sunday. Officers from the OPP's Emergency Response Team and the Halton Regional Police Search Team are conducting a ground search of ditches, roadways and woodlots near Fergus.

As the search for Tori's body continues, the little girl's grieving family is making plans for next week's memorial service.

Her parents, Rodney Stafford and Tara McDonald, say they will be holding the service for their daughter on June 6 at Calvary Pentecostal Church in Woodstock at 1 p.m.

They had initially refused to plan a service until police recovered the girl's remains.

On Friday, police delivered the grim news to her father to brace himself for the possibility that the body of his daughter may never be found.

Tori was last seen on a surveillance tape on April 8, willingly walking from school with an unknown woman in Woodstock, about 150 kilometres west of Toronto. Investigators believed the Grade 3 girl was killed on or around the day she was kidnapped.

Two people - Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, and Michael Rafferty, 28 - have each been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death. They are to stand trial separately.

http://www.canada.com/news/leads+search+Tori+Stafford+continues/1648597/story.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: May 31, 2009, 06:02:24 PM »

Search for Victoria Stafford's body returns to Fergus, landfill site.

FERGUS, Ont. - Investigators will concentrate their search for the remains of eight-year-old Victoria (Tori)Stafford in Fergus, Ont., and at a landfill site in the area, a police spokeswoman said Friday.

Oxford police Const. Laurie-Anne Maitland said officers searched a lengthy stretch of Hwy. 401 Thursday, but will return to the landfill site located east of Salford, Ont. Friday.

The search for the little girl's body began May 20, after two suspects were arrested and charged.

Eighteen-year-old Terri-Lynne McClintic had her charge upgraded Thursday to first-degree murder. She had previously been charged with abduction and accessory after the fact to murder.

Her co-accused, 28-year-old Michael Rafferty, also faces one count of first- degree murder.

The two were in a Woodstock, Ont courtroom via videolink Thursday. No details were provided in court as to why the charges against McClintic were upgraded.

The two will be tried separately, lawyers for the accused said Thursday.

Meanwhile, police continue to ask area property owners within a 50 minute drive of Guelph,Ont., to check their fields and report any suspicious or significant changes to landscape or familiar landmarks.

Investigators are also asking potential witnesses, who may have seen the suspect vehicle and or suspects either in the city of Woodstock, Guelph and the surrounding area, to come forward. The vehicle is described as a 2003 Honda 4- Door car, blue with black spray paint over portions of the vehicle.

Police are attempting to locate the missing back seat of the vehicle.

The Grade 3 girl was last seen on a surveillance tape, willingly walking after school with an unknown woman in Woodstock, about 150 kilometres west of Toronto, on April 8.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Search+Victoria+body+returns+Fergus/1643693/story.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: June 01, 2009, 11:12:51 AM »

Search for Tori Stafford enters 13th day

Canwest News ServiceJune 1, 2009 9:01 AM

WOODSTOCK, Ont. — Police began the 13th day in the search for the body of eight-year-old Victoria Stafford Monday along Highway 401 between Woodstock and Cambridge, Ont.

The OPP Emergency Response Team, and other assisting police services, planned to search for evidence along the westbound shoulder of the highway.

Over the weekend, investigators concentrated their efforts in rural forested areas of southwestern Ontario but police officials said they have yet to find any new evidence in the case.

“I haven’t received any information of anything being found yet,” Const. Laurie-Anne Maitland told Canwest News Service, disputing reports by some media agencies on the weekend that suggested investigators came across some “items of interest” while searching along Highway 6, near Fergus, Ont.

As the search for Tori’s body continues, the little girl’s grieving family is making plans for this week’s memorial service.

Her parents, Rodney Stafford and Tara McDonald, say they will be holding the service for their daughter on June 6 at Calvary Pentecostal Church in Woodstock at 1 p.m.

They had initially refused to plan a service until police recovered the girl’s remains.

On Friday, police delivered the grim news to her father to brace himself for the possibility that the body of his daughter may never be found.

Tori was last seen on a surveillance tape on April 8, willingly walking from school with an unknown woman in Woodstock, about 150 kilometres west of Toronto.

Investigators believe the Grade 3 girl was killed on or around the day she was kidnapped.

Two people — Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, and Michael Rafferty, 28 — have each been charged with first-degree murder in connection with the death.

They are to stand trial separately.

Woodstock is about 150 kilometres west of Toronto.

http://www.canada.com/news/Search+Tori+Stafford+enters+13th/1650863/story.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: June 01, 2009, 11:13:42 AM »

Officers to search highway shoulder Monday for Tori Stafford's remains
By THE CANADIAN PRESS – 2 hours ago

WOODSTOCK, Ont. — Investigators on the case of Victoria Stafford's abduction and killing will be searching along the busy Highway 401 Monday.

The eight-year-old girl disappeared in Woodstock, Ont., on April 8 and two weeks ago two people were arrested.

Both Michael Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, are charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping.

Police have been involved in an ever-expanding search for Victoria's remains since May 20.

Officers will spend Monday searching along the westbound shoulder of Highway 401 between Cambridge, Ont., and Woodstock.

Though her body has not yet been found a memorial service for Victoria will be held Saturday in Woodstock at 1 p.m

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5j36fHnvpTadW4Z8H06SnXF_YPBPw
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: June 01, 2009, 05:50:30 PM »

Officers to search highway shoulder Monday for Tori Stafford's remains
By THE CANADIAN PRESS – 2 hours ago

WOODSTOCK, Ont. — Investigators on the case of Victoria Stafford's abduction and killing will be searching along the busy Highway 401 Monday.

The eight-year-old girl disappeared in Woodstock, Ont., on April 8 and two weeks ago two people were arrested.

Both Michael Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18, are charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping.

Police have been involved in an ever-expanding search for Victoria's remains since May 20.

Officers will spend Monday searching along the westbound shoulder of Highway 401 between Cambridge, Ont., and Woodstock.

Though her body has not yet been found a memorial service for Victoria will be held Saturday in Woodstock at 1 p.m

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5j36fHnvpTadW4Z8H06SnXF_YPBPw

Thank-you  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: June 02, 2009, 10:43:41 AM »

Tori to be remembered at memorial in Woodstock

Jun 02, 2009 04:30 AM
In life, she was her mother's pet, her father's little angel and her brother's favourite playmate.

In death, she became Woodstock's princess, the little girl everyone talked about and came to love.

On Saturday at 1 p.m., a devastated family and heartbroken town will remember Victoria "Tori" Stafford at Calvary Church.

Tori disappeared April 8. Two weeks ago, Michael Rafferty, 28, and Terri-Lynne McClintic, 18 were arrested and charged with her abduction and murder.

Investigators have still not recovered the 8-year-old's body.

Tori's parents, Rodney Stafford and Tara McDonald, had initially refused to plan a memorial before investigators found her body. But last week, after police told Stafford there was a possibility it may never be found, the family decided to hold a memorial at Woodstock's largest church.

"People (in the community) have done so much," said Randi Millen, Stafford's sister. "This is to reflect (on Tori's) life and how she touched so many people."

The church seats about 800 people. Another 300 will be able to watch the service on closed-circuit television in an overflow room.

Calvary's pastor, Keith Bishop, said the memorial "will help people to come to grips with the reality" that Tori isn't coming home.

He said the church approached Stafford's sister to offer its services. The family approached him over the weekend, he said.

Meanwhile, officers searching for Tori's body combed the shoulder of Highway 401 between Cambridge and Woodstock yesterday. Investigators are also searching farmland in Fergus and the Salford landfill.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/643956
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: June 02, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »

'People want to help'
Posted By Heather Rivers, SENTINEL-REVIEW
Posted 4 hours ago

Support is pouring in from a grieving community for Saturday's memorial service for Victoria (Tori) Stafford.

Calvary Pentecostal Church is fielding numerous phone calls and e-mails from people offering to volunteer or offer other support at the upcoming service set for June 6 at 1 p.m.

Police have charged two Woodstock residents with the first-degree murder and kidnapping of eight-year-old Tori, who disappeared on April 8.

Tori's family learned last week that her remains may never be located.

"The word is out (about the service) and people want to help," said Pastor Keith Bishop of Calvary Pentecostal Church. "It speaks well of the community. There are a lot of genuine, caring people here. (The memorial) will give the community an opportunity to express how deeply felt the loss is."

Bishop said he is expecting to fill the 1,100-seat church, and added they may even have to utilize the out-of-doors if the weather remains clear.

"Everyone we talk to say they are deeply touched by this and want to be at the service," Bishop said. "People are wanting to have some way to express their grief."

"We are really, truly glad to come alongside and support the family. It is a privilege -- that is truly how we feel."

Details of the service have yet to be confirmed.

Bishop said neighbouring businesses have offered their parking lots to ease any parking issues they may experience.

http://woodstocksentinelreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1594325
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #959 on: June 02, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »

Tori Stafford
Search stalls as jail visits continue
Patrick Maloney
The London Free Press
  June 2, 2009   

With investigators regularly visiting accused killer Michael Rafferty in jail, there are signs the eight-week search for Victoria (Tori) Stafford may be stalling.

Victoria (Tori) Stafford

One legal commentator, London defence lawyer Gord Cudmore, speculated police likely are looking for help in their search during the jailhouse visits, which have continued since Rafferty, 28, was charged with abducting and killing the Woodstock girl.

"The police have been (at his cell at the Elgin-Middlesex Detention Centre in London) numerous times," said Cudmore.

With police having warned Tori's family her remains may never be found, officers continued their search in the rain yesterday along Hwy. 401. They focused on the westerly lane's shoulder from Hwy. 59 -- Woodstock's main exit -- to Cambridge.

There's no indication the search will be called off soon, said Const. Laurie-Anne Maitland of Oxford Community Police.

"We need to rule out any area between Woodstock and Wellington County," Maitland said. "We continue to receive tips and have still not exhausted all possibilities."

That they are appealing to the public for help -- and have apparently not found the girl's body -- may lead some to question the calibre of evidence police have.

It's been nearly two months since the eight-year-old was abducted, and two weeks since two people were charged for her abduction and death.

One of the accused, 18-year-old Terri-Lynne McClintic, had for days helped police scouring fields near Guelph but is no longer actively involved.

That police are repeatedly visiting Rafferty is likely aimed at the same goal, said Cudmore.

"I don't think they are getting very far with the search," he said.

Cudmore and a second legal analyst contacted yesterday said the Crown's case is harder without a body -- but even if one is not found, it's far from a major blow to their chances of conviction.

The discovery of a body helps prosecutors in two ways, Cudmore said: It proves definitely there has been a death and can provide evidence in the case.

Sanjeev Anand of the University of Alberta law school said the circumstances of a child death make the absence of a body less important.

"When you're dealing with the missing body of an adult, the defence can say . . . there are other reasonable inferences to draw than he's dead" such as the person ran away. "That is always an option.

"A child, when there's no custody dispute, (that's) unlikely."

Attempts to reach lawyers representing McClintic and Rafferty were unsuccessful yesterday.

Patrick Maloney is a Free Press reporter.

http://lfpress.ca/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?p=266483&x=articles&s=societe

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.