April 30, 2024, 12:04:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Victoria “Tori” Stafford Missing Since 4/8/09 in Ontario, Canada  (Read 370171 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1560 on: May 15, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »

TRANSCRIPT: Rafferty apologizes but still declares his innocence

::snipping2::

I wanted to come to this court room defending myself.

And after hearing the victim impact statements, I think there’s something more important to say.

To Tara McDonald, for the past three years I’ve had so much to say on my behalf.

Nobody has all the pieces of the puzzle and I am willing to give you those pieces but uh…

I know this has been a long ordeal for everybody. I am glad it’s  come to an end. Hopefully everybody, this will provide some closure of some sort to me being sentenced to life.

I am truly sorry to the entire family. Not that it has much bearing to anyone coming from my mouth, but it’s still true.

I’ve stayed quiet this entire trial thinking it was for my defence, thinking it was for the better, but I do have something to say.

And that is for Tara McDonald alone without the media, without spectators, so at least you know to be true umm or as true as you will believe it without other people listening in, without it being to my benefit.

I still disagree with the conviction of these three charges. I am guilty of many crimes and there are a lot of things I am very, very ashamed of. But these three counts, I still stand firmly behind not guilty.
As I  said I would fill in the blanks for you if you wish. Umm, however, that can be seen by the courts or in the institution I will be staying.

To your son, I believe that impacts him the hardest. I can only imagine that something like that came from the words, came from the mouth of my own son.

I have lost a child before, but I have no idea what you have gone through. I cannot imagine what you have gone through. For that I’m very sorry.

As I said I am standing behind not guilty of these convictions. Not withstanding though, I do believe that I am a very definite part of why Victoria’s not here today.

Once again, I am very sorry not that (inaudible) you may believe me.  But as I said I stayed quiet thinking that was to my defence. Not thinking of how it may impact (inaudible) of Victoria Stafford.

That’s all I have to say.

http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/topic/michael_rafferty_murder_trial/article/205677--transcript-rafferty-apologizes-but-still-declares-his-innocence
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1561 on: August 09, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

Stafford’s family in tears over Rafferty appeal
Sat Aug 4 2012

Family of a murdered eight-year-old girl reacted with dismay Friday to word her killer wants his first-degree murder conviction set aside and a new jury trial ordered.

A court filing by Michael Rafferty, who is serving a life sentence in Kingston Penitentiary for raping and murdering Tori Stafford, raises two grounds for a possible appeal.

“We were just starting to get our lives back in some semblance of order,” Tori’s grandmother, Doreen Graichen, said from Ingersoll, Ont. “(But) I’ll be damned if he’s going to shake us again.”

According to his inmate notice of appeal, which will first need a judge’s permission to be heard, Rafferty wants to appear in person rather than have the case decided in writing.

“The jury failed to apprehend the evidentiary requirement to convict for first-degree murder,” he argues in his handwritten application.

His second ground claims “the honourable judge failed to properly instruct the jury.”

http://www.therecord.com/news/canada/article/774537--stafford-s-family-in-tears-over-rafferty-appeal
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1562 on: August 12, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »

Stafford’s family in tears over Rafferty appeal
Sat Aug 4 2012

Family of a murdered eight-year-old girl reacted with dismay Friday to word her killer wants his first-degree murder conviction set aside and a new jury trial ordered.

A court filing by Michael Rafferty, who is serving a life sentence in Kingston Penitentiary for raping and murdering Tori Stafford, raises two grounds for a possible appeal.

“We were just starting to get our lives back in some semblance of order,” Tori’s grandmother, Doreen Graichen, said from Ingersoll, Ont. “(But) I’ll be damned if he’s going to shake us again.”

According to his inmate notice of appeal, which will first need a judge’s permission to be heard, Rafferty wants to appear in person rather than have the case decided in writing.

“The jury failed to apprehend the evidentiary requirement to convict for first-degree murder,” he argues in his handwritten application.

His second ground claims “the honourable judge failed to properly instruct the jury.”

http://www.therecord.com/news/canada/article/774537--stafford-s-family-in-tears-over-rafferty-appeal
Good grief -- how much more pain does this POS want to throw at this family!!!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1563 on: September 17, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »

DiManno: Tori Stafford’s tormenter admits to pitiless assault on fellow inmate
September 12, 2012

KITCHENER—The child killer never got on the stand this time.

Convicted murderess, abductor of an 8-year-old victim for her rapist boyfriend’s perverse pleasure, one half of a diabolically degenerate couple — but Terri-Lynne McClintic had nothing to say in court on Wednesday morning except “yeah.”

Hands manacled and rising to her feet, that was the notorious felon’s version of a guilty plea to assault.

She would have lied — as she’s mangled the truth beyond recognition so often before — and claimed innocence of the stomping attack on a fellow inmate at Grand Valley Institution for Women, where McClintic is serving a life sentence for first-degree murder in the sex slaying of Tori Stafford. Indeed, that had been the original plan, to plead not guilty to the frenzied assault against Aimee McIntyre, said McClintic’s lawyer Geoff Snow, until a damning letter surfaced in May during disclosure by the Crown. The letter had been seized by a prison guard.

“I got in a couple shots, good ones, like one or two decent face shots, but the f----n bitch totally threw me for a spin,’’ McClintic wrote to another incarcerated friend on Jan. 30, mere hours after the incident. “She pretty well curled up in the f----n fetal position on the floor, arms over her face, legs curled, sometimes kicking. I was standing over her tryin to get some shots through her arms, finally I brought my foot up, tried stompin on her face a couple times…threw a couple kicks in the whole time. She’s like, what the f--- Terri, what the f---, just saying it over and over…’’

Head stomping in lethal rage is what McClintic does.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/1255862--dimanno-tori-stafford-s-tormenter-admits-to-pitiless-assault-on-fellow-inmate
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1564 on: September 27, 2012, 05:20:30 PM »

DiManno: Tori Stafford’s tormenter admits to pitiless assault on fellow inmate
September 12, 2012

KITCHENER—The child killer never got on the stand this time.

Convicted murderess, abductor of an 8-year-old victim for her rapist boyfriend’s perverse pleasure, one half of a diabolically degenerate couple — but Terri-Lynne McClintic had nothing to say in court on Wednesday morning except “yeah.”

Hands manacled and rising to her feet, that was the notorious felon’s version of a guilty plea to assault.

She would have lied — as she’s mangled the truth beyond recognition so often before — and claimed innocence of the stomping attack on a fellow inmate at Grand Valley Institution for Women, where McClintic is serving a life sentence for first-degree murder in the sex slaying of Tori Stafford. Indeed, that had been the original plan, to plead not guilty to the frenzied assault against Aimee McIntyre, said McClintic’s lawyer Geoff Snow, until a damning letter surfaced in May during disclosure by the Crown. The letter had been seized by a prison guard.

“I got in a couple shots, good ones, like one or two decent face shots, but the f----n bitch totally threw me for a spin,’’ McClintic wrote to another incarcerated friend on Jan. 30, mere hours after the incident. “She pretty well curled up in the f----n fetal position on the floor, arms over her face, legs curled, sometimes kicking. I was standing over her tryin to get some shots through her arms, finally I brought my foot up, tried stompin on her face a couple times…threw a couple kicks in the whole time. She’s like, what the f--- Terri, what the f---, just saying it over and over…’’

Head stomping in lethal rage is what McClintic does.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/1255862--dimanno-tori-stafford-s-tormenter-admits-to-pitiless-assault-on-fellow-inmate
What a POS!!!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1565 on: November 06, 2012, 12:44:20 AM »

Michael Rafferty clears hurdle to proceed with appeal in Tori Stafford murder
| Nov 2, 2012 11:09 AM ET

TORONTO — Michael Rafferty has cleared a hurdle to proceed with an appeal of his murder conviction in the killing of eight-year-old Victoria Stafford.

Rafferty missed the deadline to file his notice of appeal, which is 30 days after sentencing, so he had to request a time extension.

The Court of Appeal for Ontario granted it Oct. 26, so he can now file a full appeal if he wants.

He has not filed any appeal documents beyond the inmate notice of appeal, filed in July, in which he says his conviction should be set aside and a new trial ordered.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/11/02/michael-rafferty-clears-hurdle-to-proceed-with-appeal-in-tori-stafford-murder/

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1566 on: November 06, 2012, 12:47:11 AM »

Rafferty allowed to proceed with appeal
November 2, 2012 

According to reports, the Ontario Court of Appeal granted Rafferty the extension on Oct. 26. Rafferty missed the original deadline of 30 days after sentencing to file his notice of appeal. Rafferty claimed he had been unable to use the telephone to contact legal counsel.

Rafferty’s original appeal documents – filed from Kingston Penitentiary and received by the Ontario Court of Appeal on July 26 — say the jury didn’t understand the “evidentiary requirement” to convict for first-degree murder.

Rafferty hasn't filed any additional appeal documents.

An appeal date won't be set until Rafferty files the necessary documents. 

His trial lawyer, Dirk Derstine, isn't handling the appeal.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/11/02/20326436.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.