April 27, 2024, 10:49:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brandon Patton Missing from GA/FL (Home Safe)  (Read 8976 times)
JNGA
Scared Monkey

« on: April 13, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »

Brandon Patton
25, of Georgia was supposed to go to Florida to get his daughter and never made it there, and has not been heard from since.  Missing since April 3, 2009.  Last seen in Atlanta Ga at 8:00am.  His truck, GOLD 1997 CHEVY S-10 PICK-UP TRUCK WITH A GEORGIA TAG OF: ATL 9105, was last seen in Lakeland, FL on April 8, 2009.  I came across this case on my local news website.  I will start to compile links to info. and articles on this case here. 

Brandon's missing myspace page
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=465517899

JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/apr/08/081548/atlanta-man-en-route-tampa-missingg/

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Missing-Atlanta-mans-truck-spotted-in-Lakeland/8p-M2etQGE-sLAy08uVQ0A.cspx

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19130369/detail.html

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/19137322/detail.html

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/04/09/missing_atlanta_man.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=128898&catid=3

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/pinellas/Missing_atlanta_man_041009
JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »

http://www.eurekautah.info/News_and_Events.php

*Apparently he is 28, sorry for the mistake, his missing myspace said 25*
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 03:20:03 PM »

Thanks, JNGA:

This was mentioned on the Haleigh site one day, oh maybe about a week ago I remember reading about it.

One of the posters had said that they had seen that truck in the area selling meat.  She checked with her son and he had said yes he had seen that man as well.

Can't remember which poster it was, but I am sure when they see that they will comment further. 

JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »

Thanks, JNGA:

This was mentioned on the Haleigh site one day, oh maybe about a week ago I remember reading about it.

One of the posters had said that they had seen that truck in the area selling meat.  She checked with her son and he had said yes he had seen that man as well.

Can't remember which poster it was, but I am sure when they see that they will comment further. 

Thanks GramaMonkey, yeah I put a link to a news article up and searching was the one that replied.  She said that she called the investigators and told them and was supposed to talk to the family, but she wanted me to go ahead and make a thread for him. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 04:14:18 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=128858&provider=top

Missing Man's Truck Spotted In Florida
Posted By: Michael King

ATLANTA -- Police in Florida said on Wednesday that a truck belonging to Brandon Patton, missing from Atlanta, has been spotted in Lakeland, Fla. But the circumstances make his disappearance even more bizarre.

This is now a missing persons investigation that spans across two states -- but Patton is nowhere to be found. Police said his 1997 Chevy pickup truck was spotted by a man and his fiancé.

The truck is tan and has Georgia tags. The man who saw the truck said two men were in it selling meat in a Lakeland neighborhood over the weekend.

In a police report, Glenn Hicks of Lakeland said neither of the men he saw was Patton -- whose picture he had seen in earlier news reports. Police said they are seriously investigating this new development.

Friends and co-workers of Patton's at Metro Catering of Atlanta continue to have concerns about their missing friend.

Fellow chef Paul Kerr says the mood is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Things at this point just aren't adding up -- Kerr was the last known person to talk with Patton in Atlanta.

"He said he was running behind, he couldn't find his phone, and he said he 'd be in by 8 -- and that's the last I heard of Brandon," Kerr said.

So the questions remain -- who were the men trying to sell meat from a cooler in the truck? Did that cooler belong to Brandon Patton?

No one is giving up on the 28-year-old Atlanta executive chef being found alive. A missing persons' flyer with his picture on it is still being circulated nationwide. The hope is that he will soon surface safe and sound.

Police have not yet put out an exact description of the two men seen riding in the truck. While they seek to know who they are, the focus remains on finding Patton so he can be reunited with family and friends -- especially the daughter he set out to see.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 04:17:30 PM »

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19167240/detail.html

Missing Man Spotted At Florida Restaurant
Posted: 12:50 pm EDT April 13, 2009
Updated: 1:11 pm EDT April 13, 2009

ATLANTA -- Channel 2 Action News has learned witnesses continue to report possible sightings of a missing Atlanta chef. Brandon Patton, 28, was last seen by his family April 2, but now a woman said she spoke with him at a Florida restaurant recently.

"This is totally out of character for Brandon," said Patton's uncle, Tom Johnston.

Patton's family confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that a woman said she spoke with Patton in St. Petersburg, Fla. recently. The woman told Patton's family and police she spoke with him at Crabby Bill's restaurant April 6.

"From what I understand, he talked in length about his daughter...they exchanged numbers and the number he gave her was his cell phone number," said Johnston.

The Atlanta man never showed up for a planned visit with his 3-year-old daughter in Tampa, Fla. last weekend. His disappearance touched off a two-state search by his family and friends.

Channel 2 Action News was the first to report a sighting of Patton's truck April 4 in Lakeland, Fla. with two men inside. Neither man matched Patton's description.

Now his family is dealing with the new development two days after the truck sighting and 100 miles away at a beachside restaurant.

Carol Bennett is the mother of Patton's child. "We have a beautiful little girl that we both love. She's the light of both of our lives," said Bennett.

Police said the woman who spoke with Patton is cooperating with the investigation.

Patton's family said a bartender at the restaurant backed up the woman's story.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:20:27 PM by klaasend » Logged
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 06:18:48 AM »

Thanks, JNGA:

It was me Gramma.. Thank you JNGA for starting this thread. I have spoken with his daughter's mother. She seems very nice. She did relay to me that he had mentioned moving to Fla. to be closer to his daughter but was afraid to with economy as it is since he had a secure job. I have also been in contact with the detective handling his case,very nice man and seems to be following up all leads which I was pleased to see,a lot of times in cases of missing adults,leads are not followed up on, in this case all are. I have some things I need to do for this case that I told Det. Oneal I would do and hopefully it will help find Brandon.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 06:25:20 AM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=128858&provider=top

Missing Man's Truck Spotted In Florida
Posted By: Michael King

ATLANTA -- Police in Florida said on Wednesday that a truck belonging to Brandon Patton, missing from Atlanta, has been spotted in Lakeland, Fla. But the circumstances make his disappearance even more bizarre.

This is now a missing persons investigation that spans across two states -- but Patton is nowhere to be found. Police said his 1997 Chevy pickup truck was spotted by a man and his fiancé.

The truck is tan and has Georgia tags. The man who saw the truck said two men were in it selling meat in a Lakeland neighborhood over the weekend.

In a police report, Glenn Hicks of Lakeland said neither of the men he saw was Patton -- whose picture he had seen in earlier news reports. Police said they are seriously investigating this new development.

Friends and co-workers of Patton's at Metro Catering of Atlanta continue to have concerns about their missing friend.

Fellow chef Paul Kerr says the mood is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Things at this point just aren't adding up -- Kerr was the last known person to talk with Patton in Atlanta.

"He said he was running behind, he couldn't find his phone, and he said he 'd be in by 8 -- and that's the last I heard of Brandon," Kerr said.

So the questions remain -- who were the men trying to sell meat from a cooler in the truck? Did that cooler belong to Brandon Patton?

No one is giving up on the 28-year-old Atlanta executive chef being found alive. A missing persons' flyer with his picture on it is still being circulated nationwide. The hope is that he will soon surface safe and sound.

Police have not yet put out an exact description of the two men seen riding in the truck. While they seek to know who they are, the focus remains on finding Patton so he can be reunited with family and friends -- especially the daughter he set out to see.

The meat sales, my son and his friend both agree that it was Brandon here that day, the only thing is, he was NOT driving his truck that day, there was another man with him and they were in a blue van. seems was around the same time his truck was spotted selling meats as well... He told us he had just opened the business and was selling cheap, my son talked a bit with him about getting a job with him.Going today to where he said he opened the business to see if I can spot his truck or the blue van.

JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »

The siteings of him at that restaraunt have been confirmed by family members who saw the video and they say it is him.  It seems everything is ok with him.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19177612/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 07:37:26 AM »

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

April 15, 2009 Wednesday

Police stop search for missing chef after Fla. sighting

The family of Brandon Patton is still worried about his whereabouts, but on Tuesday the Atlanta Police Department said it had stopped searching for the missing Atlanta chef.

Patton was last seen by his family April 3, and his truck was seen the next day in Lakeland, Fla., in the possession of two men who were using it to sell meat door to door, according to a Lakeland police department spokesman.

Atlanta police said in a statement Tuesday the department is no longer the "lead agency" in the search after Patton's family identified him from a surveillance video taken April 6 when he was a customer at a St. Pete Beach seafood restaurant.

"At the time of the sighting, he appeared to be under no duress or in any immediate danger," Atlanta police spokesman James Polite said in a press release.

A spokesman for the St. Pete Beach Police department confirmed the department has taken on the case.

The video was discovered April 11 after the department got a call from someone who said they saw a man matching Patton's description at Crabby Bill's Seafood restaurant. The tape was retrieved by police, and family members confirmed his identity.

His ex-fiancee and mother of his 4-year-old daughter, Carol Bennett, said Tuesday she is not satisfied that Patton has been located and is out of harm's way.

"We still think the police should be searching for him," she said. "As far as we are concerned, he's not been found." 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:955933987&start=2

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »

April 15, 2009 Wednesday

The family of Brandon Patton is still worried about his whereabouts, but on Tuesday the Atlanta Police Department said it had stopped searching for the missing Atlanta chef.

Patton was last seen by his family April 3, and his truck was seen the next day in Lakeland, Fla., in the possession of two men who were using it to sell meat door to door, according to a Lakeland police department spokesman.

Atlanta police said in a statement Tuesday the department is no longer the "lead agency" in the search after Patton's family identified him from a surveillance video taken April 6 when he was a customer at a St. Pete Beach seafood restaurant.

"At the time of the sighting, he appeared to be under no duress or in any immediate danger," Atlanta police spokesman James Polite said in a press release.

A spokesman for the St. Pete Beach Police department confirmed the department has taken on the case.

The video was discovered April 11 after the department got a call from someone who said they saw a man matching Patton's description at Crabby Bill's Seafood restaurant. The tape was retrieved by police, and family members confirmed his identity.

His ex-fiancee and mother of his 4-year-old daughter, Carol Bennett, said Tuesday she is not satisfied that Patton has been located and is out of harm's way.

"We still think the police should be searching for him," she said. "As far as we are concerned, he's not been found." 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:955933987&start=2

guess my work is done on this one unless you still want me to go to memorial blvd and see if I can find the shop opened there? Could not get there yesterday as everyone goes stupid in the rain and there were accidents everywhere due to rain/thunder storms.

JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »

April 15, 2009 Wednesday

guess my work is done on this one unless you still want me to go to memorial blvd and see if I can find the shop opened there? Could not get there yesterday as everyone goes stupid in the rain and there were accidents everywhere due to rain/thunder storms.

I think it's been proven that he hasn't been harmed and he's ok.  Unless you want to do it yourself, I'd just give the address to the family members and let them go.
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 01:50:57 PM »

April 15, 2009 Wednesday

I think it's been proven that he hasn't been harmed and he's ok.  Unless you want to do it yourself, I'd just give the address to the family members and let them go.

That's why I was gonna go,to get an address... but,he gave his cell number to the lady in st pete no?? why don't they just try calling it??

JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 02:17:21 PM »

April 15, 2009 Wednesday

That's why I was gonna go,to get an address... but,he gave his cell number to the lady in st pete no?? why don't they just try calling it??

Yeah on the news they kept saying he lost it but obviously not since he gave his number to that girl, it must have been him giving an excuse for not calling anybody in advance, like their aren't phones everywhere you go these days.

The babys momma said in a blog on his myspace that he was supposed to give her half of the tax money.  I'm wondering if he decided to take the whole thing and start a bussiness down there to be close to his child and didn't want to talk to her(baby's momma) until he made enough profit to replace her half of the tax money.  She seems real eager to find him and I wonder if that money is the reason.  I just feel bad for his momma and daughter and hope they get to see him in person again soon
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »

Ok, this guy has been found and spoken to, he was found if I heard correctly in Alabama and said he had no idea people were looking for him and that he was "just hanging out".... odd if I do say so myself.
He was suppose to go see his daughter,did not show up,did not contact anyone and has not been to work.. hmmmm  and he was "just hanging out"? I think I would have to smack him but good if he were related to me..lolol

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 01:41:03 PM »

'Missing' Buckhead Man Back Home
Posted: 11:47 am EDT April 16, 2009
Updated: 11:53 am EDT April 16, 2009

ATLANTA -- A missing Buckhead man is no longer missing.

Brandon Patton’s family e-mailed Channel 2 Action News to say he was home.

Patton, 28, disappeared two weeks ago while making plans to visit his 4-year-old daughter in Tampa, Fla.

Police later confirmed he was at a St. Petersburg bar. Officer J. Polite with the Atlanta Police Department said, "The Atlanta Police Department Missing Persons Unit with the assistance of family members have made a positive visual identification (VIDEO) on Mr. Brandon Hamilton Patton. At the time of the sighting he appeared to be under no duress or in any immediate danger."

At the time, his family said they just wanted him to contact them and say he was OK.

No other details about Patton's homecoming have been released.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19197753/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
JNGA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »

This one said he was found in the atlanta area.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/missing_man_found_041609
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.