April 27, 2024, 05:22:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #35 4/15/09 - 4/20/09  (Read 100883 times)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »

Apparently the Admin of  Idiotsfoundonline likes nothing more than to talk about herself. 

"Some appear to have educational and cognitive deficits."
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2009, 01:51:38 PM »

Apparently the Admin of  Idiotsfoundonline likes nothing more than to talk about herself. 

"Some appear to have educational and cognitive deficits."

Well, their reading comprehension and math has been demonstrated to be extremely poor so actual writing is just about out of the question!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »

I got a problem that I need some Monkey help with. Just got off the phone with my sister and she was telling me about an issue with my father.

My father and his girlfriend went over my sister's house for Easter and she was telling her that she is afraid to drive anywhere with my Dad anymore. My Dad is 80 and has a few drinks in the evening, then drives. Apparently he's not using his oxygen tank as much as he told us either, he takes it off early and tools around town without it. This too depletes the much needed oxygen to the brain.

I have no idea on how to approach this with him. He was a terrible driver to begin with, honestly I don't know how he still has a license to drive!!! I'm so afraid that I'm going to get a phone call from the police department telling me, he's in jail for drunk driving, he killed someone or he killed himself!!! BTW, I am the black sheep in the family so I have to think of a "round about" way to get this message across. Hopefully I will get some good monkey ideas!! My tactic is to give him a good slap in the face and tell him I'm calling the cops on him, but I hear that doesn't go over well with the elderly.   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2009, 02:13:36 PM »

Oh, my, Boo!  Just call the cops and report him if he has been drinking prior to driving.  Have his license plate and make and model of the car he is driving to give them.  Give them his age and any other particulars you feel important.  You just might save the lives of other people by doing this.  He has to face the consequences of his behavior as well.  Get your sister and his girlfriend to report him as well.  Better the night in the drunk tank than the morgue.

But never the slap.  This man is your father.

JMO And if he is the unruly type, you might just not mention the fact that it was you doing the reporting.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #244 on: April 16, 2009, 02:22:34 PM »

I got a problem that I need some Monkey help with. Just got off the phone with my sister and she was telling me about an issue with my father.

My father and his girlfriend went over my sister's house for Easter and she was telling her that she is afraid to drive anywhere with my Dad anymore. My Dad is 80 and has a few drinks in the evening, then drives. Apparently he's not using his oxygen tank as much as he told us either, he takes it off early and tools around town without it. This too depletes the much needed oxygen to the brain.

I have no idea on how to approach this with him. He was a terrible driver to begin with, honestly I don't know how he still has a license to drive!!! I'm so afraid that I'm going to get a phone call from the police department telling me, he's in jail for drunk driving, he killed someone or he killed himself!!! BTW, I am the black sheep in the family so I have to think of a "round about" way to get this message across. Hopefully I will get some good monkey ideas!! My tactic is to give him a good slap in the face and tell him I'm calling the cops on him, but I hear that doesn't go over well with the elderly.   

Boo, I would talk to his Doctor about it and see if you can get his drivers license revoked.  Your Dad will be mad but a life may just get saved (including his) so It will be worth it.

I would try this first!!  If it doesn't work, disable his car!!   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: April 16, 2009, 02:25:25 PM »

UH-OH  Looks like someone needs to go back to Grammar 101!!   

Oh, those Idiots keep defining themselves, don't they? 

hahahahahahaha..

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »

Oh, my, Boo!  Just call the cops and report him if he has been drinking prior to driving.  Have his license plate and make and model of the car he is driving to give them.  Give them his age and any other particulars you feel important.  You just might save the lives of other people by doing this.  He has to face the consequences of his behavior as well.  Get your sister and his girlfriend to report him as well.  Better the night in the drunk tank than the morgue.

But never the slap.  This man is your father.

JMO And if he is the unruly type, you might just not mention the fact that it was you doing the reporting.

Boo, I agree with Anna. Call the police and report him. I don't know where he lives, but sometimes the DMV will call him in and give him another drivers test. What kind of car does he drive so I can be on the lookout. JUST KIDDING.

As far as his oxygen and drinking, you may be able to discuss this with his doctor. He probably would not give you any thing about his medical reports, but he may be willing to speak to you and you can tell him what is on your mind.

I know it is awful when our parents become childlike and hard to control. I can sypathize with you....been there, done that. But it is a very hard thing to deal with. I hope you don't mind my advise from this silly monkey.

(((HUGS))))

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2009, 02:29:26 PM »

Boo ... my friend was faced with exactly the concern.

Her 80+ year old father who had never had a driving infraction but was an accident waiting to happen ... denied up and down an implication that he was a potential danger on the road.

So my friend ... unknown to her father ... phone the motor vehicle branch and shared her concern.  The motor vehicle branch proceeding to send her father a notice informing him that upon the upcoming renewal of his driver license he would be required to take a road test.

My friend's father knew in his heart that it was unlikely he would pass a road test ... so he volunteered to turn in his license.  My friend was relieved and ... her father never lost face.  He gave the impression it was all his idea.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2009, 02:29:39 PM »

OH, BOO, I'm so sorry! I wish I had an answer for you. I have my own father issues, but nothing like yours. It's easy to say take his keys away, cause other than that I just don't know! I know other monkeys can help you better than me. I can offer lots of (((HUGS))), just don't know what else I can say but that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too BOO!!

RIP Sweet Puppy
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2009, 02:32:39 PM »

Her 80+ year old father who had never had a driving infraction but was an accident waiting to happen ... denied up and down an implication that he was a potential danger on the road.

So my friend ... unknown to her father ... phone the motor vehicle branch and shared her concern.  The motor vehicle branch proceeding to send her father a notice informing him that upon the upcoming renewal of his driver license he would be required to take a road test.

My friend's father knew in his heart that it was unlikely he would pass a road test ... so he volunteered to turn in his license.  My friend was relieved and ... her father never lost face.  He gave the impression it was all his idea.

Janet

Yes, Janet!!  I agree!!  But from what iwas told, if his Doctor calls, it is done asap.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »

Janet

That is a great idea, if he is anything like my dad, it won't do any good to talk to him about it, stubborn is the word. I bought him a life alert system for his house, and after listening to at least ten lies why this was not going to work, and other issues with it, a stranger calling me and telling me he had called her and to call me, that it won't work in his house  Good luck Boo, even calling the doctor might not work, believe me I tried that with another issue.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »

Hiya Boo     Sorry to hear of your dilema.  My cousin has been dealing with my uncle who has very similar problems and pretty crabby and defensive about his independence.     One thing that really made him worry enough to not drive at night ( lord only knows that daylight aint much better)  was the idea that IF he caused an accident OR was even involved that all his money would more than likel;y be used up,    she kept hammering him with he'd lose his money, what if he had to go to court, and the faces of all families if somebody else was injured or killed.   He didn't relish the idea of living in a nursing home, being broke or being in the paper for being one of those old codgers that drives into a bus stop or anything.   Good luck
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »

Janet

Yes, Janet!!  I agree!!  But from what iwas told, if his Doctor calls, it is done asap.

Mytime

My friend's father had/has no medical issues that would justify a physician to claim he was not qualified to drive.  It was only my friend and her family who could determine this by observation.

This gentleman is now 86 years old.  The other day I mention to my hubby that I hope that I am as mentally and pysically fit as Mr. B. when I am his age.  My hubby's reply ... "You will have to improve if you expect to attain that objective".

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2009, 02:46:20 PM »

Hello Boo my most favorite sister!  Since talking to him may end up in a shouting match, or you hitting him, I would first call the drivers license bureau within the county he is a resident and let them know of your concern and see what help they could offer if any.  If that fails, I would seek out the help of someone he admires or looks up to such as a paster, psychiatrist, doctor, attorney, and or sibling - voice your concerns to them and ask that they speak with him about this.
For the oxygen tank situation I would most definantly contact his doctor and let them know that you are in fear of his life, mention the driving as well...quite possibly he/she deals with other situations like this and could point you in a direction that would help!!

Love ya!!! 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2009, 02:49:43 PM »

I received text message today from Always1.  Her brand new computer has gone and blown itself up.  She will not be one for a bit of time, no need to call the Fireman unless of course they are fully aware that they are in for a good time.

She said to tell you all she will miss you and hopes to be up and running again soon.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »

Janet

Mytime

My friend's father had/has no medical issues that would justify a physician to claim he was not qualified to drive.  It was only my friend and her family who could determine this by observation.

This gentleman is now 86 years old.  The other day I mention to my hubby that I hope that I am as mentally and pysically fit as Mr. B. when I am his age.  My hubby's reply ... "You will have to improve if you expect to attain that objective".

Janet

I think I love Mr Janet!! 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2009, 02:51:10 PM »

I received text message today from Always1.  Her brand new computer has gone and blown itself up.  She will not be one for a bit of time, no need to call the Fireman unless of course they are fully aware that they are in for a good time.

She said to tell you all she will miss you and hopes to be up and running again soon.

OH NO!!  That is awful.  Tell her we are all sad for her! I hope they replace it quickly.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »

Hello Boo my most favorite sister!   Since talking to him may end up in a shouting match, or you hitting him, I would first call the drivers license bureau within the county he is a resident and let them know of your concern and see what help they could offer if any.  If that fails, I would seek out the help of someone he admires or looks up to such as a paster, psychiatrist, doctor, attorney, and or sibling - voice your concerns to them and ask that they speak with him about this.
For the oxygen tank situation I would most definantly contact his doctor and let them know that you are in fear of his life, mention the driving as well...quite possibly he/she deals with other situations like this and could point you in a direction that would help!!

Love ya!!! 

_____

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2009, 03:02:06 PM »

Hello Boo my most favorite sister!   Since talking to him may end up in a shouting match, or you hitting him, I would first call the drivers license bureau within the county he is a resident and let them know of your concern and see what help they could offer if any.  If that fails, I would seek out the help of someone he admires or looks up to such as a paster, psychiatrist, doctor, attorney, and or sibling - voice your concerns to them and ask that they speak with him about this.

Love ya!!! 

But you are my most favorite Mom!!

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: April 16, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »

Hey BooBoo...my friend was just in a similar situation.  The family doctor intervened and sent the Dad for "testing" at an area Rehabilitation Center.  Apparently there is a test and if they fail, the Rehab Center notifies either the Dr. or the State.  In my friend's case...Dad's license was taken away. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.