April 28, 2024, 04:07:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: HOW LONG WILL CONWAY LAST AS THE ANTHONY'S ATTY?
1 day
1 week
1 month
Until the Bitter End

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #124 4/17/09 - 4/21/09  (Read 355446 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2009, 10:16:45 AM »

Northern Rose, it sounds about right that Cin and George would be on pimping the May 17 vigil. I just can't take much more of these people, Karma where are you?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2009, 10:16:50 AM »

Good morning Miss darla, how are you sweetheart?
Capacinno, you are right.  I just want to see what defense they can probably run with?  Its like WTF?????  No moron defense lawyer would take her case on.  Yes, im thinking out loud, but in the near future, "the unfair trial" law will be gone.  WE HAVE INTERNET AND EVERY COUNTRY WHO HAS INTERNET ACCESS, AND AN INTEREST IN CRIME, LOOKOUT, WE WILL STAND BY THE VICTIM AND BE THEIR VOICE.  Caps on purpose.  It will happen within a year I reckon.  MOO 

hahahaha   Yup this case is one big WTF!  We all are curious what this "team" is going to throw at the wall & if they have a remote chance of pulling it off -- mainly because we would be outraged if they did.   I just strongly feel that they don't stand a snowball's chance in H E double hockey sticks in pulling it off.   If I had to guess the October trial date will be pushed back, I'm now going to project February/March 2010...anything longer would be sheer lunacy considering there has been ample time already to prepare, the DP being put back on the table should technically only push it back a bit but certainly not another whole year, to me that seems ludicrous & just posturing.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: April 18, 2009, 10:18:44 AM »

Casey Anthony case
Casey Anthony's jury: Could you be impartial?

By Henry Pierson Curtis | Sentinel Staff Writer
    April 18, 2009
Everyone knows Casey.

Even the tiniest details in the death-penalty case against Casey Anthony are common knowledge in Orange County's neighborhoods, wealthy and poor, large and small.

Drive as far as possible without leaving the county and residents still know about her green shamrock tattoo and the red heart-shaped sticker found on her dead daughter Caylee's skull. It's hard to imagine anyone untainted by the pretrial publicity.

"How could you not be? " asked Tony Geraci outside the Oakland Post Office serving 1,200 residents on the Lake County line. "You can't avoid it."

An original Walt Disney World cast member, the retired executive chef remembers every high-profile local murder case since moving to Central Florida in 1970. None compare to the constant, near 24-hour media coverage that followed 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's disappearance last summer.

"I don't think I could sit on a jury in that case," said Geraci, who questioned his impartiality. "The whole thing started out and turned into a circus too quickly."

Last week, Orlando Sentinel reporters asked county residents whether they would be willing to serve as jurors in the wake of Orange-Osceola State Attorney Lawson Lamar announcing he wants Anthony put to death if she is convicted of killing her child.

Hardly anyone declined comment.

Before saying whether they would sit on the jury, most expressed a mixture of disgust with the way the case has been handled so far. That included law-enforcement leaks, Anthony's defense team, Lamar's prosecution and reporters' daily, sometimes hourly, updates on Anthony's life and the lengthy list of bounty hunters, private eyes and psychics voicing opinions.

Peter Kearsley couldn't avoid the case, even stopping for water at Killarney Station while riding his mountain bike on the West Orange Trail. He doubts 12 impartial jurors can be found anywhere in the state.

"Basically, I'm sick and tired of it. There are so many other things going on in the world that it's a distraction," said Kearsley, lamenting that the case has overshadowed important news about a global recession, the Iraq war and threatened closings of Orange County schools.

"I've been overexposed to it, and that's a national issue, not just here in Orange County. Whenever I'm in New York or Chicago, it's playing on CNN and getting loads of attention."

Undecided about Anthony's innocence or guilt on premeditated murder, Kearsley said Lamar's decision to seek the death penalty looks like a tactic to force a plea bargain.

On the county's east side, Michael Buckle is ready for jury duty, willing to listen to weeks of testimony and decide whether Anthony's guilty. But there's a catch. He doesn't support the death penalty.

"You already have a dead child," he said. "There's no need in taking another life."

Buckle said he wishes the Anthony case would simply go away but "the court has to do its due process" and the trial should be held here.

Nearby, scores of Orlando-area residents exercised Thursday afternoon on the Little Econ Greenway trail in Jay Blanchard Park. It's where UCF graduate student Nicole Ganguzza was murdered last summer in an unsolved crime that many in law enforcement think has been overshadowed by attention to the Anthony case.

David and Ana Ruiz, who were walking their French bulldog, also doubted Anthony can get a fair trial here.

"It's too personal for a lot of folks around here," he said.

The couple's adult daughter disagreed slightly.

"I don't think she'd get a fair trial anywhere," Melinda Ruiz said.

In downtown Orlando, mothers watching their children at the Lake Eola playground have no interest in sitting on the jury.

"I don't want to see pictures of a [dead] child who is my daughter's age," said Erin Schauer of Oviedo. "Any mother who doesn't report their child missing for a month should be sentenced to death."

At Orlando Fashion Square mall on East Colonial Drive, Valerie Johnson of Orlando said her faith would prevent her from sitting on a jury in a death case.

"I wouldn't want to make that decision. ... Only God can," said Johnson, a human-resources director who thinks Anthony is probably guilty. "I don't know if she deserves the death penalty."

In Windermere, Daisy Vina cared for the latest child in her 15-year career as a nanny by walking with the year-old girl in a stroller. A mother of three and a grandmother as well, Vina says every young mother faces frustration but nothing justifies hurting a child.

"If it's proven she did it, I would raise my hand and say she deserves to die," Vina said. "Her child won't be free until her killer is convicted."

Amy L. Edwards, Sarah Lundy and Bianca Prieto of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Henry Pierson Curtis can be reached at 407-420-5257 or hcurtis@orlandosentinel.com.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-aseccasey19041809apr18,0,213902.story

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2009, 10:25:18 AM »

Lucinda, tks sweetie...I think you expressed Casey's obsession with herself very well.  As far as her narcissism goes as a defense, it is a disorder not a mental illness that meets the criteria of a diminished capacity or insanity defense.   You can be a narcissist but still no the difference from right or wrong as well as being aware of what you are doing.   Casey is the female version of another DP inmate, Scott Peterson...he is a classic narcissistic sociopath.    Its interesting to note that he was convicted on much less evidence against him 

read a few posts back what i said about snotty peterson.     We think alike, but i can never word it right.  But, beware, and we will wait and see.  I always "think aloud" and usually its just shyte, but wait and see, in the new era of internet, and especially attracting attention to a murder case, this law and defense strategdy needs to be renewed.  These days, any internet sleuth, caring person, advocate for victims of crime, can just log online, so, yes, if you go back to what i said about snotty, well, his balls were fried for less than caseys.  They will go for unfair trial, and i am almost giving two to one the defense will go for narcissism, abuse has been ruled out.  They cant go that path.  i dont know if Im right, but i put it out here occassionally. Just my random thoughts and MOO
ps my football team lost, bloody vics, LOL 
O wow, I did look back...uncanny rhymes with zanny - alright maybe this case is getting too me LOL.   

I see what you are saying about the defense trying to establish a correlation to how much this case has been exposed to the public because they are already whining about it, BUT it can be argued that Casey's defense team & family have been very "in your face" with their media interviews & spin unlike the State whom havent spoken much at all about the case but the discovery speaks for itself.   My personal thoughts & counting on a guilty conviction, I doubt a defense would have much merit to claim unfair trial, not even the Sunshine Law allowing this case to get so much exposure - the bottom line is the defendant's actions & statements existed to be discussed & her family/defense team were more than willing participants in beginning the spin by their public appearances to dispute the facts or raise reasonable doubt.   As I see it, its been an equal opportunity to make this case public.   under Florida's well-established & liberal version of the Sunshine Law so I'm not sure even that would persuade an appellate court.   That aspect won't reverse Casey's conviction (said with confidence) but it may cause a revisit of the Sunshine Law in general due to its wide scope  in Florida.

As far as any mental illness, here is a huge problem in her upcoming trial or even on appeal:   Casey has no medical history that she received any mental health assistance, her mother stated in her FBI interview that Casey has no mental health issues (laughable I know), there is nothing that links a mental disorder in her past as opposed to an excuse given at trial.  Another factor is narcissism on its own, anti-social personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, etc. etc. while they may exist does not legally excuse a person from their actions in that those disorders do not prevent one from knowing the difference between right & wrong OR that they were "insane" that they did not know what they were doing at the commission of the crime or in her case an obvious cover up thereafter.  Casey has always exhibited a knowledge of her surroundings, concealed what she had done & has very actively participated in her defense.  She readily admitted she lied about certain facts & had no problem implicating other innocent people for her crimes, never appearing dazed and confused but actually rather defiant & combative.  At trial one of the things I'm looking forward to hearing about is the battery of tests & psychological analysis that was done with her beginning when she was first incarcerated.

sorry for the quote stack, but you are right cappi mate.  Im hoping sindy gets charged also.  George is just full of shyte, like his last suicide attempt, I said in here, what a load of shyte, a lot were feeling sorry for him, and fair enuff, but pith on george too, that was all a hoax.  We are talking about CAYLEE MARIE, her mum killed her, so, get that case done with.  Cindy and George should be charged, they better never set foot in Australia, cos i will be onto them, scabbing off their grand daughters death, how could anyone do or act like this?  I know Im gone. Just made a cup of black tea, I threw up dinner before it even reached my tummy tonight.  I made slosh too 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: April 18, 2009, 10:27:34 AM »

I've got to go for awhile.  We're in Home Repair Hell and the Hub needs me to help chip away ceramic tile so we can get our new floor put in.  I need some fake nails so I can get out of it.  But not today, I guess.  Have fun without me, sniff... 

Bless your heart.I recommend a Xanax or a cooler full of cold ones.See you in a bit. 

At least you don't live on Hopesprings Drive. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: April 18, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »

About Us

Who We Are
The National Vigil For Hope 2009 is a coalition of businesses, organizations, media, and individuals that agree “One Missing Child or Person, is One TOO Many.” 

On Sunday, May 17, 2009 thousands of families, friends, businesses, organizations, and the public will come together for an hour of prayer, hope, and awareness for thousands of missing people who may be “gone…but are not forgotten.”

Michelle Bart, owner of Helping Heroes Productions, who once had a voice for missing toddler Caylee Anthony and her grandparents, started the National Vigil For Hope while searching for Caylee in 2008.  Bart has always been aware of the importance of bringing home missing children, but the search for Caylee Marie Anthony was a wake up call.  Despite the nature or circumstance of how a child [or person] goes missing, one thing should never be questioned: the person must be found and brought home and most importantly, NO ONE should ever give up HOPE.

The National Vigil For Hope 2009 is comprised of a steering committee of concerned business owners, organization executives, public safety professionals, and individuals from across the country that are driven by passion, concern, and hope in making a difference in the lives of those missing and the families still clinging to a dream of someday seeing their loved one again. 

The National Vigil For Hope “Host” Committee is the backbone to bringing awareness to the communities across the country.  The men and women who make up this group include people personally touched by the search for Caylee Anthony , may have a missing child currently in their own family or community, are involved with a community non-profit organization, or they want to have a voice for all missing children and adults.  The “Host” Committee are the folks that will represent communities and host a Vigil Site on May 17th across the country.

http://nationalvigilforhope.org/?page_id=2

Knowing from the past the the Ant's never do anything publicly unless they benefit I was wondering why would they agree to be on Oprah when they have spit venom at the media and asked publicly to be left alone on numerous times.  I am getting a strong feeling their dog and pony show is heading to Oprah to pimp support for the May 17th vigil.  

And their future projects with KFN.   A few weeks ago I posted that to show Michelle Bart's active involvement still & that she was pimping Caylee with the Anthonys consent,   KFN, NLHF,  Michelle all of it is a circle of people using missing children as a platform to pocket profit for themselves...no doubt in my mind.

To add insult to injury, they are appearing to raise reasonable doubt & defend their daughter.  I'm praying it will backfire in their faces.    There is one up side to their appearance & obviously Morgan was well aware of it, when they do open their mouths yet again there will be even more evidence of their contradictions.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: April 18, 2009, 10:30:47 AM »

Lucinda, tks sweetie...I think you expressed Casey's obsession with herself very well.  As far as her narcissism goes as a defense, it is a disorder not a mental illness that meets the criteria of a diminished capacity or insanity defense.   You can be a narcissist but still no the difference from right or wrong as well as being aware of what you are doing.   Casey is the female version of another DP inmate, Scott Peterson...he is a classic narcissistic sociopath.    Its interesting to note that he was convicted on much less evidence against him 

Capp,I agree.She is a female Scott Peterson. 

~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #527 on: April 18, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »

Any Heroes fans here? Remember the slogan from the first season: Save the Cheeleader, Save the World?

Well, I have a new slogan: Kill the Ants, Save the Planet!*

These people are the cause of global warming -every time The Evil Mistress of Doom- (that's Cindy for you newbies) opens her mouth, the temps rise world-wide,

Famine -looking at Skanerella's (again for the newbs, Casey) photo makes millions puke,

The oil shortage/crisis - the nutless wonder (newbs, ya catching on yet? That's Georgie Porgie) spends hours tooling around in his SUV, hauling that ridiculous billboard, and now is off yatching with Kid(we never found one)Finders, wasting God knows how much gas (and who is paying for that gas??)

And lastly, and closest to my heart, the world-wide shortage of blue eyeshadow. The Lives-With-Mommy Boy Wonder (newbs, it's Lee) has been buying up the world's supply of blue eyeshadow. He figures when this is all over, he'll be all over television and movie deals, so he must be ready for his close-up, Mr. Demille.

So, we would save the world be eliminating just a few people. Kill the ants, save the planet. C'mon now, say it with me...

*Actual total legal disclaimer: This post in no way is meant to suggest the actual killing of any members of the Anthony family....well, except for Casey. I want that biotch to fry!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: April 18, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »

Northern Rose, it sounds about right that Cin and George would be on pimping the May 17 vigil. I just can't take much more of these people, Karma where are you?

Not to be confused with our "Karma Monkey" 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: April 18, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »

Tevye...that was awsome. 

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #530 on: April 18, 2009, 10:40:24 AM »

Tevye...that was awsome. 
  Yes it was
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: April 18, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »

Any Heroes fans here? Remember the slogan from the first season: Save the Cheeleader, Save the World?

Well, I have a new slogan: Kill the Ants, Save the Planet!*

These people are the cause of global warming -every time The Evil Mistress of Doom- (that's Cindy for you newbies) opens her mouth, the temps rise world-wide,

Famine -looking at Skanerella's (again for the newbs, Casey) photo makes millions puke,

The oil shortage/crisis - the nutless wonder (newbs, ya catching on yet? That's Georgie Porgie) spends hours tooling around in his SUV, hauling that ridiculous billboard, and now is off yatching with Kid(we never found one)Finders, wasting God knows how much gas (and who is paying for that gas??)

And lastly, and closest to my heart, the world-wide shortage of blue eyeshadow. The Lives-With-Mommy Boy Wonder (newbs, it's Lee) has been buying up the world's supply of blue eyeshadow. He figures when this is all over, he'll be all over television and movie deals, so he must be ready for his close-up, Mr. Demille.

So, we would save the world be eliminating just a few people. Kill the ants, save the planet. C'mon now, say it with me...

*Actual total legal disclaimer: This post in no way is meant to suggest the actual killing of any members of the Anthony family....well, except for Casey. I want that biotch to fry!

Brilliant...that was belly chuckle worthy!

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: April 18, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »

Tevye...that was awsome. 

Thank you, thank ya very much! (also to capp and NoRose!)
You know, it is Saturday. I usually have to do a TV-related summation of the week...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: April 18, 2009, 11:04:14 AM »

Judge OKs California Lawyer On Casey Anthony’s Defense Team
Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:59:51 AM

ORLANDO -- A judge has ruled a new lawyer from California can join Casey Anthony’s legal team.

Todd Macaluso was brought on board Casey's legal team last month.  But controversy surfaced after it was learned he was accused of unprofessional conduct in California.

A complaint alleged he didn't have enough money to cover some business expenses, but Macaluso later blamed that on an office staff mistake.

The judge ruled, despite the trouble, he can practice law in Florida once he pays the filing fees with the Florida Bar.

Macaluso was hired because he excels at cross-examining technical experts on the stand.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/4/17/california_lawyer_joining_casey_anthony_legal_team.html

~ Peter Frampton
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #534 on: April 18, 2009, 11:07:44 AM »

she doesnt have any boobs 
looking at the myspace link now, loading loading loading    When i get wealthier, Im getting broadband, Johnny Cash tattoo comes first tho 

Lucinda, you make sure you take a pic of your tat and post it in Musings, I wanna see it!!! 
Got 5 myself, including one of my dog Grissom!

I can show you one, I have in p/b. its my nannas blue rose.  The others I didnt photo, got a white pointer shark going thru a wave, starts at my hip, and goes right past "you know where, blushes"  I dont know why i got that, my ex hubby made me get it so i was branded with his big fat name rolling right down with the wave.  Then, he wouldnt let me get any more.  I defied him when my nanna died and got her "rose" on my back.  I also have a chest one, of the harley davidson motif cos i loved harleys back then (till i near killed myself on a kawasaki 500 ag bike  ) Scarred me for life, have 24 stitches to sew my left knee back up, that never hurt, till i seen the injection for the numbing, and i fainted LOL.  I hate injections.  When joshie died, i got a dragonfly on my ankle, can photo that soon, but when i get Johnny cash on my arm, I already have Buffy drawing it up to fit my arm, i will post it in here.  it will even make that tattoo mag so they will knock off 100 bucks, so i should get it for 150 aud they said.  im saving up, said in three weeks I will have enuff to pay.   

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #535 on: April 18, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »

Just a quickie ... 

Hello and happy weekend monkeys!

Hell to the no. I could not be an impartial juror and I'd tell them so. But I do think slore will get a fair trial. She will be convicted based on the FACTS. That is perfectly FAIR.

WTF -- do they want a jury of 12 Joy Wrays or Cindy Anthonys? Scary thought.

ok, I'm running off now. 

I remember you, Caylee.
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #536 on: April 18, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.  You know I read where the Florida may have to pick up the tab on her defense?  I'd be furious if I were a resident of Florida.  Why can't they take the money that the Ant's are getting and use it for her defense?  Maybe they need to work on new laws for this!
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #537 on: April 18, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »

Question-how do you copy from photobucket?  I tried copy and pasting but just got address?  I want to post one of the pics.  TIA
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #538 on: April 18, 2009, 11:20:32 AM »

Question-how do you copy from photobucket?  I tried copy and pasting but just got address?  I want to post one of the pics.  TIA

click on the pic you want, then copy the [IMG] tag that will show up. then paste it here 0sorry, nail polish)

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: April 18, 2009, 11:20:53 AM »

Im sorry, I didnt even say Hi to you all.  Hi!!!!   Steel, how is your eye this am?   Heading out to do shopping for my Mom.  BBL>

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.