April 27, 2024, 08:29:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brooke Hanna, 15, Arkansas taken by mom during Spring break (Home/Safe)  (Read 4409 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 16, 2009, 10:31:30 AM »

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/15/car-carrying-missing-brooke-hanna-found-oklahoma/

Brooke Hanna

Donna Hanna

Car carrying millionaire mother, missing Brooke Hanna found in Oklahoma
By STEVEN BEARDSLEY (Contact)
Originally published 3:54 p.m., Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Updated 3:54 p.m., Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Brooke and Donna Hanna might be traveling in a cream-colored 2005 Chrysler 300 with Arkansas license plate 215 MEC, similar to the one shown above.

BONITA SPRINGS — A Bonita Springs woman being sought by U.S. Marshals for breaking a custody agreement may have caught a flight from Oklahoma with her daughter, according to the woman's ex-husband.

The car in which Donna Hanna and daughter Brooke, 15, were last seen driving was found Tuesday at a Ramada Inn near an airport in Tulsa, Okla., said Burt Hanna, Brooke's father. The two women have not been located.

Burt Hanna, who lives in Fayetteville, Ark., has custody of the teenager. Yet after a spring break visit to her mother's Barefoot Beach condominium, Brooke never returned home. Donna Hanna never returned to Bonita Beach, authorities said.

The two were last seen in Fayetteville, when they urged a deputy to prevent Brooke from returning to her father's custody. They borrowed the car, a cream-colored Chrysler 300 with Arkansas plates, from a friend.

Deputies later filed an arrest warrant for Donna Hanna, after which the U.S. Marshals Service filed a federal warrant.

Burt Hanna is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Brooke. On Tuesday, he filed a lawsuit against Donna Hanna, accusing her of kidnapping their daughter and seeking $6 million dollars in compensatory and punitive damages.

The disappearance of the mother and daughter follows a bitter divorce and custody dispute between Donna and Burt Hanna.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:59:37 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:56:02 PM »

Naples Daily News (Florida)

April 16, 2009 Thursday

Car of missing mother, daughter found

A Bonita Springs woman being sought by U.S. Marshals for breaking a custody agreement may have caught a flight from Oklahoma with her daughter, according to the woman's ex-husband.

The car in which Donna Hanna and daughter Brooke, 15, were last seen driving was found Tuesday at a Ramada Inn near an airport in Tulsa, Okla., said Burt Hanna, Brooke's father. The two women have not been located.

Burt Hanna, who lives in Fayetteville, Ark., has custody of the teenager. Yet after a spring break visit to her mother's Barefoot Beach condominium, Brooke never returned home. Donna Hanna never returned to Bonita Beach, authorities said.

The two were last seen in Fayetteville, when they urged a deputy to prevent Brooke from returning to her father's custody. They borrowed the car, a cream-colored Chrysler 300 with Arkansas plates, from a friend.

Deputies later filed an arrest warrant for Donna Hanna, after which the U.S. Marshals Service filed a federal warrant.

Burt Hanna is offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the safe return of Brooke. On Tuesday, he filed a lawsuit against Donna Hanna, accusing her of kidnapping their daughter and seeking $6 million dollars in compensatory and punitive damages.

The disappearance of the mother and daughter follows a bitter divorce and custody dispute between Donna and Burt Hanna.

Donna Hanna received a $16 million cash settlement during the couple's 2005 divorce. Burt Hanna is founder and owner of Hanna's Candle Co., in Fayetteville, Ark., one of the nation's largest candle producers.

Donna Hanna originally had custody of the pair's two children - Brooke and Jake, 17 - but lost it in the summer of 2008. She moved to Bonita Springs and purchased a $2.68 million condominium on Barefoot Beach.

The day after Brooke Hanna was to return home, Donna Hanna's lawyer filed an emergency motion for temporary custody. An affidavit by Naples family counselor Dianne Durante stated the teenager was uncomfortable living with her father, had flashbacks to inappropriate touching and "is in danger from her father."

In an interview with the Daily News soon after his daughter went missing, Burt Hanna scoffed at those allegations. He said similar claims had been made to child welfare services in Arkansas but that none had been confirmed. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:956800348&start=6

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »

Hanna sues ex-wife for not returning daughter

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fayetteville businessman Burt Hanna filed a lawsuit Monday against his ex-wife, Donna Hanna, for failing to return their 15-year-old daughter, Brooke, on March 29.
Burt Hanna is seeking $1 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages. He is also offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the return of his daughter.
Donna Hanna, 46, faces state charges for custodial interference and federal charges for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, officials said. Local, state and federal officials are looking for both the mother and daughter.
Burt Hanna was awarded custody of their daughter on Aug. 15 after a lengthy, bitter divorce and custody battle. He said he had a good relationship with her until she went to her mother's home for spring break in Bonita Springs, Fla.
Donna and Brooke Hanna flew from Florida to Northwest Arkansas on March 29 and met with a Washington County sheriff's deputy to allege that Burt Hanna was an unfit parent, but they apparently left town after they did not get the results they were looking for, Burt Hanna said.
Donna Hanna's attorney filed an emergency motion for custody on March 30 with an affidavit from a Florida counselor alleging that Burt Hanna has acted inappropriately with his teenage daughter. Burt Hanna said the allegations are bogus.
He paid his ex-wife a huge divorce settlement and is afraid she may have fled the state or country with his daughter.
He has set up the Web site www.findbrookehanna.com. His daughter's Facebook page also says she's missing and asks for help.
Donna Hanna's attorney, Judith Rebecca Pratt Hass, could not be reached by phone.
Anyone with information about Brooke or Donna Hanna is asked to contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 444-5700 or the U.S. Marshals Service in Fort Smith at 479-783-5215.

http://nwanews.com/nwat/News/75743/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 10:10:30 PM »

I have not been able to find a report that she was found, but Missing Kids no longer has the poster up
Please note the following messages:   

Sorry! The case you requested does not exist or has been removed from the site.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1119608&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Will look for a story again tomorrow, then post my findings and hopefully mark and move to safe.

leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:02:25 PM »

Hanna sues ex-wife for not returning daughter

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fayetteville businessman Burt Hanna filed a lawsuit Monday against his ex-wife, Donna Hanna, for failing to return their 15-year-old daughter, Brooke, on March 29.
Burt Hanna is seeking $1 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages. He is also offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the return of his daughter.
Donna Hanna, 46, faces state charges for custodial interference and federal charges for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, officials said. Local, state and federal officials are looking for both the mother and daughter.
Burt Hanna was awarded custody of their daughter on Aug. 15 after a lengthy, bitter divorce and custody battle. He said he had a good relationship with her until she went to her mother's home for spring break in Bonita Springs, Fla.
Donna and Brooke Hanna flew from Florida to Northwest Arkansas on March 29 and met with a Washington County sheriff's deputy to allege that Burt Hanna was an unfit parent, but they apparently left town after they did not get the results they were looking for, Burt Hanna said.
Donna Hanna's attorney filed an emergency motion for custody on March 30 with an affidavit from a Florida counselor alleging that Burt Hanna has acted inappropriately with his teenage daughter. Burt Hanna said the allegations are bogus.
He paid his ex-wife a huge divorce settlement and is afraid she may have fled the state or country with his daughter.
He has set up the Web site www.findbrookehanna.com. His daughter's Facebook page also says she's missing and asks for help.
Donna Hanna's attorney, Judith Rebecca Pratt Hass, could not be reached by phone.
Anyone with information about Brooke or Donna Hanna is asked to contact the Washington County Sheriff's Office at 444-5700 or the U.S. Marshals Service in Fort Smith at 479-783-5215.

http://nwanews.com/nwat/News/75743/

WHAT... the dude is a multi millionare yet his daughter is worth SPIT to him apparently.... I say GO Thelma and Louise!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 06:52:10 AM »

Missing Bonita Springs woman, daughter found in Arkansas
BY CRISTELA GUERRA
April 23, 2009

Burt Hanna received word from his ex-wife, Donna Hanna, Wednesday at noon.

After a month-long search, his daughter, Brooke, was coming home.

“She readjusting well,” Hanna said by phone this evening. “I really didn’t know where they were, I was afraid they were dead or hurt.”

Donna Hanna, 46, of Bonita Springs had a federal warrant out for her arrest on a charge she abducted her daughter, Brooke Hanna, 15, after a spring break vacation at Hanna’s Barefoot Beach condominium. The Bonita Springs woman surrendered to authorities in Arkansas on Wednesday, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

Burt Hanna of Fayetteville, Ark., had recently gained custody of the couple’s two children after a custody battle.

He is also the founder and owner of Hanna’s Candle Company, one of the nation’s largest candle producers.

Federal marshals, Arkansas deputies and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children contributed to the search.

Burt Hanna said he didn’t ask his daughter much about their whereabouts, but he said they spent a good amount of their time in Atlantic City and New York City.

“They slept in till 9:30 a.m., watched daytime TV and window-shopped,” Burt Hanna said.

Donna Hanna was booked into Washington County Jail and charged with interference with custody Wednesday night

She was released from jail today on a $25,000 bond, but has a court hearing scheduled on Friday.

“I’m just glad she’s home back with her brother and I,” Burt Hanna said. “I just hope I won’t have to worry about her mother getting between us.”
http://www.news-press.com/article/20090423/NEWS0102/90423083/1075

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 06:52:54 AM »

Brooke Hanna missing from Fayetteville, AR, has been restricted. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families.
Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.