April 19, 2024, 09:36:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 518837 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1380 on: August 20, 2010, 07:55:55 AM »

We should make it a point to never ever stop tracking, never stop adding to the Lawless data, because these monsters WILL do something like MH did again. That's how their sort of evil works. Add all their friends. Anyone who wants to be publicly identified a friend of the Lawless' is saying "I'm one of them". None of them have any shame.  All we have to flush this out is social pressure. I'd say we keep it up.
(Edit to change color from red to navy, with red & maroon used by mods & admin)  But no matter the color, ITA, RIGHT ON!

You are so right!!

The part I bolded in RED above is RIGHT ON!  In my humble opinion, it's one of the "Ten Commandments" of beating this epidemic of crime against our children.  Kudos to you, sweeti_pi.  
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:02:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1381 on: October 01, 2010, 11:45:30 PM »

Calif. allows sealing murdered children's records

By DON THOMPSON (AP) – 3 days ago

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Autopsy reports of slain children could be sealed permanently under a bill signed into law by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in response to several murders of children and teenagers in California over the last year.

Schwarzenegger spokesman Matt Connelly said Tuesday the governor signed the bill to protect the privacy of victims' families and prevent more suffering for them.

The law lets family members request that autopsies and other evidence be kept private if their child was killed during a crime. The request could be made only after a conviction, under the bill by Senate Minority Leader Dennis Hollingsworth, R-Murrieta.

The California Newspaper Publishers Association, opposed the bill, SB5. However, Jim Ewert, a lawyer with the association, said it was narrowed from a more sweeping original version that might have protected killers who murdered their own family members.

The bill was amended to prohibit a family member from asking that the records be sealed if he or she has been charged with any involvement in the child's death.

Though the records would not be subject to disclosure under the California Public Records Act, they could become public if introduced as evidence during a trial. The records also could not be kept secret if the victim was a ward of the juvenile justice or Child Protective Services systems.

As amended, "it protects public access in just about every situation except where there's a murder by a stranger," Ewert said.

The law, which takes effect immediately, could prompt a legal challenge depending on how it is interpreted by coroners or other agencies, Ewert said.

Hollingsworth's bill was sought by San Diego District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis on behalf of the families of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, both of whom were raped and murdered in San Diego by a convicted child molester who now is serving a life sentence. It was also backed by the family of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu of Tracy, whose body was found last year stuffed inside a suitcase pulled from an irrigation pond.

Hollingsworth said in a statement that he is glad Schwarzenegger agreed "there is simply no convincing public interest in the broadcasting of lurid autopsy documents that should prevail over the rights of a family to keep private the final, desperate moments of their child's life."

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hb9T8Og2F5tEJerx0j9WUBZlFnCQD9IH6B9O1?docId=D9IH6B9O1

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1382 on: October 02, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »

Calif. allows sealing murdered children's records

By DON THOMPSON (AP) – 3 days ago

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Autopsy reports of slain children could be sealed permanently under a bill signed into law by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in response to several murders of children and teenagers in California over the last year.

Schwarzenegger spokesman Matt Connelly said Tuesday the governor signed the bill to protect the privacy of victims' families and prevent more suffering for them.

The law lets family members request that autopsies and other evidence be kept private if their child was killed during a crime. The request could be made only after a conviction, under the bill by Senate Minority Leader Dennis Hollingsworth, R-Murrieta.

The California Newspaper Publishers Association, opposed the bill, SB5. However, Jim Ewert, a lawyer with the association, said it was narrowed from a more sweeping original version that might have protected killers who murdered their own family members.

The bill was amended to prohibit a family member from asking that the records be sealed if he or she has been charged with any involvement in the child's death.

Though the records would not be subject to disclosure under the California Public Records Act, they could become public if introduced as evidence during a trial. The records also could not be kept secret if the victim was a ward of the juvenile justice or Child Protective Services systems.

As amended, "it protects public access in just about every situation except where there's a murder by a stranger," Ewert said.

The law, which takes effect immediately, could prompt a legal challenge depending on how it is interpreted by coroners or other agencies, Ewert said.

Hollingsworth's bill was sought by San Diego District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis on behalf of the families of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, both of whom were raped and murdered in San Diego by a convicted child molester who now is serving a life sentence. It was also backed by the family of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu of Tracy, whose body was found last year stuffed inside a suitcase pulled from an irrigation pond.

Hollingsworth said in a statement that he is glad Schwarzenegger agreed "there is simply no convincing public interest in the broadcasting of lurid autopsy documents that should prevail over the rights of a family to keep private the final, desperate moments of their child's life."

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hb9T8Og2F5tEJerx0j9WUBZlFnCQD9IH6B9O1?docId=D9IH6B9O1

JessStar, thank you for posting this article.  I think it is fair.
I don't have a right to know "everything" -- I really don't!!!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1383 on: November 02, 2010, 04:28:41 AM »

Sandra was robbed of all these emotions, these events  ~ never to be ... to be able to experience

She is in a better place yes, but what a World we could have had with her in it ........ Thinking about Sandra, always.
Sandra, You will never be reduced to a newspaper clipping
You are in my heart always  ~ If Sandra could SING
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2OSKE6LB848?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/2OSKE6LB848?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

"I Will Be"

Mmm...

The world seems so cold
When I face so much all alone
A little scared to move on
And knowing how fast I have grown

And I wonder just where I fit in
Oh the vision of life in my head
Oh yes

I will be
Strong on my own
I will see through the rain
I will find my way
I will keep on
Traveling this road
Till I finally reach my dream
Till I'm living, and I'm breathing
My destiny, yeah yeah

I can't let go now
Even when darkness surrounds
But if I hold on, yeah
I will show the world
All the things that you never expected to see
From little old me, this Pittsburgh girl

And I wonder just where my place is
Close my eyes and I remind myself this
Oh yeah yeah

I will be
Strong on my own
I will find my way
I will keep on
Traveling this road
My destiny, ohh

It comforts me
Ooh it keeps me
Alive each day of my life
Always guiding me
Providing me
With the hope I desperately need

Well I gotta believe
There's something out there meant for me
Oh I get on my knees
Praying I will receive
The courage to grow and the faith to know

That I will be
Strong on my own
I will find my way
I will keep on
Traveling this road
My destiny

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1384 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09:32 AM »

Deenie - I know you mean well but we are trying to keep the MP threads ON TOPIC.  In the future, if you think a video is particular apropo to a case, just post the link.  Don't embed and ADD all the lyrics.  People with older computers have problems in the thread if there are alot of embeded videos so we want to keep them pertaining to the case.  TIA.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:11:50 AM by klaasend » Logged
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1385 on: December 24, 2010, 01:49:03 PM »

Merry Christmas Angel!!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1386 on: December 25, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »

Merry Christmas beautiful Sandra. I bet you are skipping on clouds as you celebrate Christmas in Heaven. God Bless you

My heart and prayers go out to Sandra's family today and always.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1387 on: December 25, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »

Merry Christmas Angel!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1388 on: January 25, 2011, 07:22:07 PM »

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/news/article_1614497.php/E-Entertainment-Specal-When-Women-Kill-Jan-26
E! Entertainment Specal: When Women Kill, Jan. 26
January 25, 2011

E! brings an hour long special that shows what happens when women lose it. To the friends and family who knew them best, they were women who doted on their children and were dedicated to their relationships.

However, behind closed doors, their seemingly perfect lives turned shocking and deadly.

E! examines how four women went down the path to murder when the “E! Entertainment Special:  When Women Kill” premieres Wednesday, January 26 at 10pm ET/PT only on E!

The disappearance of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu from her Tracy, California home in 2009 gripped the nation.  This E! special takes a close look at former Sunday School teacher Melissa Huckaby - Sandra’s neighbor and mother of a 5-year-old herself – who eventually admitted to kidnapping and murdering Sandra.  Huckaby’s own mother and aunt, who continue to support Melissa, spoke with E!  They share the experience of having two families shaken to the core by Huckaby’s actions, and the fact that she was diagnosed with a mental illness only after she was in police custody.  Ultimately, Huckaby avoided the death penalty, though she will spend the rest of her life in prison for murdering Sandra Cantu.

The special features three other tragic stories of death and destruction from seemingly happy wives and mothers.

Susan Wright was a young stay-at-home mother of two from Texas who stabbed her husband Jeffery 193 times before burying his body in a shallow grave at their home.  Wright later admitted to the killing as an act of self defense after suffering years of domestic abuse.

She was convicted of murder and initially given 25 years in prison, although her sentence was reduced to 20 years, after an appeal.

E! presents viewers with testimony and footage from the trial, along with insight from all attorneys involved.

Andrea Petrosky is the subject of another tragic story.  She was a wife mother of two who grew up in rural Virginia plagued by depression and incapacitating migraines.

In a phone interview with E!, Petrosky talks about being an unhappy child despite being brought up in a loving home, and the unchecked mental illness that led her to have marital affairs, and attempt suicide twice—all before committing the horrifying act of violence that landed her in prison in 2006.

In addition, viewers will hear the chilling 911 call Petrosky made, in which she admitted to killing her only son.  Petrosky speaks with E! about her life in prison, and where her relationship stands with her, now adult, surviving daughter.  We also go behind bars to hear from Elizabeth Romero, a mother of eight children who was convicted of solicitation of capital murder and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Don’t miss these terrible, true tales of heartbreak inflicted by seemingly unassuming wives and mothers when “E! Entertainment Special: When Women Kill” premiering Wednesday, January 26 at 10pm ET/PT only on E!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1389 on: January 27, 2011, 08:50:53 AM »

I didn't get to watch this . . . although I believe I would still support my child, going on national television (and making money) would be like bile in my mouth.  Now if the FBI or some other legitimate research program wanted information, I would tell them everything I knew.  I just have a hard time stomaching the "entertainment" press doing these kinds of stories.  But having said that . . . again, I didn't watch.  Maybe they are going to donate all the money they made for the "licensing of pixs" to the Cantu family.  I would love to stand corrected, otherwise . . .

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1390 on: February 01, 2011, 08:59:04 AM »

We have not forgotten nor will we forget you, precious one!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=cantu

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1391 on: February 23, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:08:22 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1392 on: February 23, 2011, 07:14:40 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/juliani-cardenas-mom-and-sandra-cantu-s-aunt-attend-memorial-ride-1
Juliani Cardenas’ mom and Sandra Cantu’s aunt attend memorial ride
February 6, 2011

On Saturday, A motorcycle club in Patterson, California held a charity event to take place in honor slain 4-year-old boy, Juliani Cardenas. Not only was the family of the little boy in attendance, but the aunt of murdered 8-year-old Tracy, California girl Sandra Cantu was also present.

::snipping2::
Angela Chavez, Sandra’s aunt was present to honor the ride put on by the Hooligans Motorcycle Club memory of little Juliani.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1393 on: February 23, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »

http://www.tracypress.com/view/full_story/11349481/article-Event-for-children-honors-Sandra-Cantu?instance=home_news_lead_story
Event for children honors Sandra Cantu
February 11, 2011

The family of Sandra Cantu is planning an event called Celebrating Tracy’s Children on March 8 in honor of the birthday of the Tracy girl who would be turning 10 years old had she not been kidnapped and murdered in 2009.

Children younger than 14 will be invited for games and activities, and local businesses are being asked to get involved.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1394 on: February 23, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=7954684
With Video at link
Search and rescue teams thrive on helping others
February 12, 2011

Across the state some 1,000 search and rescue volunteers often hone their skills after putting in time at their day jobs.

"The people on this team range from sheet metal workers to teachers to EMTs and paramedics, to CEOs," said search and rescue volunteer director Jeff Thomas.

Santa Clara County's Search and Rescue Team has 56 volunteers. Retired high tech employee Jim Cole has been part of the unit for nearly two decades.

"I do it for the people. There is no pay involved in it, just flat out for the people. I love helping people," said Cole.
The volunteer experience is both challenging and rewarding. Santa Clara County's Search and Rescue Team goes out on anywhere from six to 15 real missions a year. The assignments range from trying to find a lost hiker to searching for a missing child. Those are often the most difficult. Jim Cole can't forget the faces of Hasanni Campbell, Xiana Fairchild and especially Sandra Cantu. Sandra was found dead in a suitcase.

"I was 75 feet from [Sandra] at one time. She was in a canal that I was near and I didn't see it because the water was still over the top of the suitcase," said Cole.

Even when the search ends with a tragic outcome as it did in the case of Sandra Cantu, the volunteers say they provide some measure of comfort.

"Even there, you realize you've accomplished something, you've at least brought closure to the family. You've brought them some end to a thing that might have gone on forever," said Thomas.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1395 on: February 24, 2011, 05:55:13 AM »

Thank you for posting these articles Muffy.  Sandra is the reason I came to Scared Monkeys and because Blink was working on the case.  Sandra will forever live within my spirit.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1396 on: March 04, 2011, 05:52:24 PM »

I thought about you today Sandra. God bless and RIP!  an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1397 on: March 04, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »

I thought about you today Sandra. God bless and RIP!  an angelic monkey
Amen and Amen.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1398 on: March 05, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »

Happy 10th Birthday Sandra (March 8th).  You lit a fire in me that burns to this day.  You are in my heart forever.  God Bless You, Angel.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1399 on: March 08, 2011, 09:12:47 PM »

Jess....{{{{hugs}}}}}

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.