April 24, 2024, 11:17:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 519388 times)
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #780 on: July 13, 2009, 06:02:02 PM »

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days.  My youngest sister suffered a massive stroke sometime over the weekend, I found her Monday afternoon.  But even now, I pray for justice for all the silent victims, God-willing my sister will come out of her silence -- for the others we will continue to be their voice.

Hi sweet Monkeys, sorry I haven't been around, need to focus on my studies for college and my older son has come to visit for a couple of weeks. Sister and tracygirl you both have my blessings, strength and hope for all you 2 are going through. Hope everyone else is well too. Hopefully I can get back to some more research soon.
With respects Always,

~Love~

Oh sister i am so sorry to learn of this. Prayers for your sister and a ((((hug))))) for you.

Prayers for her 2 sons too, I am so proud of them.  They are not only stepping up to the plate, they are acting on their love for their Mom.  We are staying around the clock and doing shifts so every time she opens her eyes, someone who loves her is there.  I just had to come home tonight to be in my own space for a while.  Thank you deeply for your prayers.

Sister~  is this the link for your sisters candles?  http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=conni

yes, it was the only way I knew how to do it
 geek
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #781 on: July 13, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

Ha, I messed that post all up..lol...
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: July 13, 2009, 08:08:15 PM »

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: July 13, 2009, 10:21:38 PM »

Cece..thanks for the poster of Sandra....she looked so happy there.....what a darling little girl she was..

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: July 14, 2009, 02:38:58 PM »

Cece..thanks for the poster of Sandra....she looked so happy there.....what a darling little girl she was..

You're welcome cookie.  I notice in all her pictures she has such a sweet smile.

(I love your avi.)

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: July 14, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »

how could anyone do evil things to this sweet child and then murder her? I am gobsmacked at it all...it makes me really sick to even think about it....

spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #786 on: July 15, 2009, 01:50:16 AM »

Just on our local news.

What led to Melissa's arrest were conversations on her cell phone and her grandfather's line.

They are trying to get the case tossed because there was no warrant for the tap.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: July 15, 2009, 07:07:17 AM »

Wiretaps used in Huckaby case
Telephone calls of suspect’s grandmother among those that were monitored by law enforcement

By Scott Smith
Record Staff Writer
July 14, 2009 6:00 AM

Officers set up wiretaps in their investigation of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu's death, according to a required-by-law notification letter the San Joaquin County District Attorney's Office sent to The Record informing the newspaper that its calls were among those monitored.

Connie Lawless, the grandmother of Melissa Huckaby, who is accused of killing Sandra, said she and about five people she knows received a similar letter. Lawless said it was unnerving to learn that her calls may have been recorded.

"Anything that comes to us from, like the DA's office, it automatically is upsetting," Lawless said. "We never know what shoe's going to drop."

She said the monitoring worried her, because members of the congregation her husband leads could have had their confidential conversations recorded. Lane Lawless is pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy. Several church members confirmed that they also got the letter about wiretapping, she said.

"We have learned through this that at any moment any one of us can be swept up in this," Connie Lawless said. "It could be you, me or anyone."

She added that investigators resorted to the phone taps because they are "really scraping the bottom of the barrel for evidence" against her granddaughter. Lawless said she has yet to hear of any solid evidence in the case against Huckaby.

The investigation ultimately led to the arrest of Huckaby, a 28-year-old neighbor of the slain girl. Huckaby now stands accused of kidnapping, rape and murder charges that could result in a death sentence.

In the letter to The Record, Chief Deputy District Attorney Ron Freitas wrote that on April 8, San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Richard Vlavianos signed an order allowing investigators to monitor phone numbers.
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090714/A_NEWS/907140320

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #788 on: July 15, 2009, 10:34:42 AM »

Just on our local news.

What led to Melissa's arrest were conversations on her cell phone and her grandfather's line.

They are trying to get the case tossed because there was no warrant for the tap.
Oh, that's upsetting that there was no warrant for the tap, but I can't imagine that the case would get tossed, the public outcry would never allow it. Would sure be interesting to hear what she was all saying on the phone.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #789 on: July 15, 2009, 10:37:03 AM »

In the article that Desi just posted, that grandma needs to shut up    In the letter to The Record, Chief Deputy District Attorney Ron Freitas wrote that on April 8, San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Richard Vlavianos signed an order allowing investigators to monitor phone numbers.
An order was signed to allow investigators, so I don't see what the problem is.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: July 15, 2009, 08:50:41 PM »

In the article that Desi just posted, that grandma needs to shut up    In the letter to The Record, Chief Deputy District Attorney Ron Freitas wrote that on April 8, San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Richard Vlavianos signed an order allowing investigators to monitor phone numbers.
there shouldn't be...betcha they're just mad 'cause ?????  (now granted i'm all about my rights, but my family also isn't involve in a murder/kidnapping case)
if your not saying anything odd over the phone who cares if they were tapped?

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: July 15, 2009, 09:07:12 PM »

Just on our local news.

omg they tapped the phone with no warrant?  are they stupid!!! how in the world could they screw that up like that?  the feds were on the case, gee, how did they do that?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: July 15, 2009, 09:16:19 PM »

so what the heck if the order is signed by the judge then what is the problems, they file an application and the judge approves or denies it, seems he approved it so why are they sayiing there were no warrant.  where did this "no warrants" start? from connie?  or who?

and why is connie so worried that others including her could get swept up in this thing as she says.  how are you going to get swept up in something you had nothing to do with

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #793 on: July 15, 2009, 09:18:38 PM »

no rose colored glasses... oh let that dumbo woman keep talking 

she's just like melissa huckaby, the more she talks the more she seems to be saying she is worried and someone is going to find out something.  let her talk, she will hang her own butt.   Monkey Devil!

To find me:
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #794 on: July 15, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

Even if there was no warrant, the case would not get tossed. Worse case scenario, the evidence would be excluded. However, I too saw that the court signed an order permitting the taps. So I don't see the issue.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: July 15, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »

no rose colored glasses... oh let that dumbo woman keep talking 

she's just like melissa huckaby, the more she talks the more she seems to be saying she is worried and someone is going to find out something.  let her talk, she will hang her own butt.   Monkey Devil!
Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #796 on: July 16, 2009, 10:01:06 PM »

Tracy Press phone call to Huckaby recorded
Jul 16, 2009
 The San Joaquin County District Attorney’s Office said today a 40-minute phone call between the alleged killer of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu and a Tracy Press reporter was secretly recorded during a wiretap.

The D.A.’s office sent letters to the Stockton Record, to Connie and Lane Lawless, members of their church and perhaps others informing them that investigators recorded phone calls made to the Lawless home as well as calls to the cell number of the Lawless’ granddaughter Melissa Huckaby.

Huckaby was arrested on the night of April 10 on suspicion of killing Sandra, just hours after the Press published a story in which Huckaby told reporter Jennifer Wadsworth in a 40-minute phone call that the suitcase in which Sandra’s body was found might have been the same one Huckaby said she reported stolen when Sandra disappeared March 27.

Police said the next day there were inconsistencies in what Huckaby told Wadsworth and what she told police investigators.

But because the Tracy Press never received a letter from the D.A.’s office informing the paper a phone call involving a Press reporter was recorded, it was unclear whether the interview between Huckaby and Wadsworth was secretly taped. The wiretap allowed investigators to record phone calls from April 8 to 13.

District Attorney spokesman Robert Himelblau said today that phone call was recorded, and that it was an oversight that the Tracy Press never received a letter telling the paper so, as required by law. Himelblau said his office also failed to notify one other person of a recorded phone call, but did not identify who that was.

Huckaby has pleaded not guilty to charges of kidnapping, raping and murdering Sandra and “furnishing a harmful substance” to a 36-year-old man and a 7-year-old girl. She remains in solitary confinement in San Joaquin County Jail in French Camp.

Prosecutors are expected to convene a criminal grand jury, possibly next week, in an effort to obtain an indictment against Huckaby, 28. A gag order prevents witnesses and other involved from discussing anything about the case.
http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Tracy+Press+phone+call+to+Huckaby+recorded%20&id=2971491-Tracy+Press+phone+call+to+Huckaby+recorded&instance=home_news_bullets

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: July 19, 2009, 05:28:23 PM »

Connie Lawless needs to shut up. Anybody could get swept up in this?
No, not anybody, just Huckaby and her stupid family. And anyone who helped them.

I was happy to read that the little girl was given to the Bio-Dad instead of anyone from this f-up'd family.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: July 19, 2009, 10:49:11 PM »

where is the secrete son????

anyone??????

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #799 on: July 20, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in. It may need to be moved to MH's thread... ??

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:43:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.