April 17, 2024, 05:54:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 518625 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1340 on: June 18, 2010, 04:26:58 PM »

Huckaby case closed, hearts exposed

by Jaclyn Hirsch / Tracy Press
Jun 18, 2010

Although Melissa Huckaby will be behind bars for the rest of her life and the criminal court case has been shut, the case might never end for the family members of the slain Sandra Cantu, as they continue to fight for what they say is their right to privacy.

“Our world has forever been changed,” Angie Chavez, Sandra’s aunt, said in criminal court in Stockton on Monday, June 14. “Sandra wasn’t the only victim affected by what (Huckaby) has done. Our family, the Tracy community and the whole world became victims when she murdered Sandra.”

The story of Sandra’s disappearance rocked the town of more than 80,000 residents last year, when she went missing from her home in Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park on West Clover Road in Tracy on March 27, 2009. A farmer discovered a suitcase with Sandra’s body crammed inside on April 6, 2009, in a drained dairy pond north of town. Huckaby, the then 28-year-old single mother, was arrested four days later for Sandra’s kidnapping and death on April 10. She pleaded guilty in May this year to murdering and kidnapping Sandra, and was officially sentenced earlier this week.

Family fights for privacy

The gruesome murder will have lasting effects on Sandra’s family and the many residents who call her “Tracy’s Angel,” and the family has fought tirelessly to keep the details of the murder private.

Judge Linda Lofthus decided Monday, June 14, to release the 1,825-page grand jury testimony and most of the crime photos, which include details of how Huckaby, a Sunday school teacher, kidnapped and drugged Sandra last year, brought her to the church where she taught just down the road from the mobile home park where they both lived, and murdered her.

The crime scene photos include images of the rolling pin prosecutors said Huckaby used to molest Sandra. The rolling pin was found in the church with Sandra’s blood on it, and its handles matched injuries on Sandra’s body.

“Melissa wasn’t prepared for us to find those things,” Tracy police detective Tim Bauer said. “She didn’t clean up good enough.”

The details of the murder and cause of death — “homicidal asphyxiation” — were released Monday morning by prosecutor Thomas Testa after Lofthus lifted a gag order that had prevented those associated with the case from speaking to the public.

Lofthus decided against unsealing the autopsy photos and lifted the protective order over the autopsy report. She said the release of the autopsy report is up to the county sheriff-coroner’s office, because the report was never an official part of the court file. A hearing in civil court today, June 18, will decide if the autopsy report will become public information.

Details found in that report are included in the grand jury transcripts, but the actual report was never brought before the court.

A motion filed Wednesday, June 16, by lawyers representing Sandra’s mother, Maria Chavez, and sister, Simone Chavez, said the family wants to avoid the graphic details of Sandra’s death from becoming public, although many of the details began to surface once Lofthus lifted the gag order.

The family’s lawyers argue that Marcy’s Law, a 2008 amendment to the state constitution, gives crime victims’ close relatives the right to privacy.

“Anything anybody has the right to know is already known,” Archie Bakerink, the lawyer for Maria, said.

Bakerink and Stewart Takak, the lawyer for Simone, wrote in the motion that the media has followed Sandra’s family, their home in Tracy has been “staked out” by media and the police have intervened in the past to keep the media out of the neighborhood.

“The Tracy community has been great to her (Maria) and the family,” Bakerink said. “The media can undo all of it.”

Bakerink said he and Tabak have not decided whether they will appeal to the state’s 3rd District Court of Appeal to try and overrule Lofthus’ ruling to unseal the grand jury transcripts and most of the crime photos.

Bakerink said the family’s primary objective was always to keep the autopsy report and autopsy photos sealed, and the family was “very pleased” with Lofthus’ ruling Monday that keeps the autopsy photos sealed forever.

Lofthus said Monday afternoon that she was concerned about the autopsy photos being leaked on the Internet and wanted to avoid putting the photos in the wrong hands.

“Once published, it goes viral,” Lofthus said in court Monday afternoon.

She said she trusts the mainstream media, but was concerned about bloggers and those “on the fringe of mainstream media.”

Les Garcia, a spokesman for the sheriff’s office, said Sheriff Steve Moore wants to make a “well-informed” decision about the autopsy report and has involved county lawyers to help sort through public record law and case law to determine “the right thing” to do.

“He just wants to make an informed decision before he makes that final determination,” Garcia said.

Garcia said Moore is unavailable until Monday, June 21, and said Moore will not show up at the hearing this morning.

Moore told The Record on Tuesday, June 15, that he is “looking for the right answer” and “not looking for an excuse not to do it.”

Prosecutor Thomas Testa said the autopsy report was written in technical medical language, and the doctor spelled out the details in “plain language” when he gave testimony to the grand jury.

He said just about everything that is in the autopsy report is also in the grand jury transcript in “one way or another,” and reading the autopsy report would be “anti-climactic.”

Testa said the summary of charges that he released Monday contained most of the main points of the case, including the doctor’s report that Sandra had “injuries to the external genitalia which were consistent with the diameter of the rolling pin handles.”

He speculated that Sandra’s family could be concerned about how much information is on the Internet, but said most of the details have already come out.

An emotional day in court

Huckaby’s sentencing Monday morning was filled with emotional remarks from Sandra’s family, Huckaby’s mother and Huckaby herself, before Lofthus decided to sentence Huckaby to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

This was the first public statement Huckaby, 29, has made about the murder.

She pled guilty last month to the kidnapping and murder in order to avoid the death penalty. Charges that she raped Sandra were dropped with the plea deal.

Sandra’s aunt, Angie Chavez, showed a four-minute slideshow with pictures of Sandra before she spoke on behalf of the maternal side of the family.

As the slideshow began, Huckaby put her face in her hands and started to cry as she watched pictures of Sandra on the projector screen directly in front of her.

The slideshow included pictures of Sandra from early childhood, sleeping on her mother’s chest, through the last moments of her life captured on camera March 27, a surveillance video of her skipping in the mobile home park.

“Seeing these images of Sandra are bittersweet,” Angie Chavez said. “The video of her skipping down the street will forever be etched in our minds, and the pain of knowing that she was so close to home and we couldn’t protect her from Ms. Huckaby is unimaginable.”

Chavez’s emotional three-minute prepared speech reflected on how the family will be forever affected by Huckaby’s actions.

“All we have left are pictures, videos and memories of Sandra that remind us of the innocent, sweet and larger-than-life person that she was,” Chavez said. “We hope that as Ms. Huckaby watched this video that she will forever be haunted by the pictures and by what she has done.”

Sandra’s father, Daniel Cantu, and paternal grandmother, Connie Cantu, also made heartfelt remarks.

Huckaby’s mother, Judy Lawless, spoke for about two minutes after the Cantu family. This was the first public statement made by anyone related to Huckaby since last year. Huckaby’s father, Brian, was also in the courtroom, along with a few other family members.

“I understand the anger that you must have,” Lawless said, crying. “I would be angry, too.”

Lawless apologized to Maria Chavez, Sandra’s mother, and said the family continues to “grieve” and “pray” for Sandra’s family every day.

“If I could take this all away I would, but I can’t,” she said. “If I could give you justice, the justice that you deserve, that would be to have your baby girl in your arms right now.

From mother to mother, I am so sorry.”

Huckaby asks for forgiveness

Melissa Huckaby spoke quietly but emotionally for just over three minutes Monday morning before her sentencing.

She apologized to Sandra’s family, the community of Tracy, Tracy police officers, her family and her own 6-year-old daughter — who was close friends with Sandra. But she directed most of her comments to Maria Chavez, Sandra’s mother.

“Words cannot convey how badly I feel for the pain that I have caused you,” Huckaby said, crying. “It is not enough that I say that I’m sorry … I wish I could bring Sandra back, but I can’t. I wish I could trade places with her, but I can’t do that, either.

She said she has no explanation for what happened and denied that she sexually molested Sandra, although the county pathologist claims Sandra was molested with the rolling pin found in the church.

Huckaby also said Sandra did not suffer.

“I alone am responsible for Sandra’s death,” Huckaby said, with a tear rolling down her cheek. “I still cannot understand why I did what I did. Every day I try to discover the motivation, but I still do not have an answer. This is a question I will struggle with for the rest for my life.”

Huckaby thanked her family for “unconditional love and support” and also asked her daughter for forgiveness. She also said that in her heart she believes God and her family have forgiven her, and asked Sandra’s family for their forgiveness.

“Not a day, not an hour goes by that I don’t think about the harm that I caused,” Huckaby said, sobbing. “For the rest of my life I’m going to have to live with this … the responsibility of her death.”

Details of Sandra’s kidnapping

The documents released by Testa state that the last evidence Sandra was alive — captured in a surveillance video at 3:54 p.m. March 27, 2009 — came just eight minutes before Huckaby was seen driving her Kia sports-utility vehicle out of the trailer park, where both Huckaby and Sandra lived, and toward Clover Road Baptist Church.

The media release states that at about this time, Huckaby reported to mobile home park management that her Eddie Bauer suitcase had been stolen.

Eighty-five minutes after driving away from Orchard Estates, the release says, Huckaby was seen driving away from the vicinity of the church before she returned about 30 minutes later.

During that 30 minutes, the prosecutor’s report says, Huckaby was seen by a former U.S. Marine and his wife near an irrigation pond at Bacchetti and Whitehall roads north of Tracy. The report says the suitcase with Sandra’s body was pulled 10 days later from the same irrigation pond where the man and his wife saw Huckaby.

According to the timeline, Sandra’s body had been dumped by 6 p.m. March 27 — no more than two hours after she first went missing.

On March 28, police say that Huckaby handed FBI officials a handwritten note that read: “Cantu locked in stolin suitcase thrown in water onn Bacchetti Rd. & Whitehall Rd witness” (sic).

Detective Bauer, the lead Tracy investigator on the case, said Huckaby first became a suspect when she “found” the note.

He said that was the investigation’s first contact with Huckaby, who said her daughter was friends with Sandra.

That same night, FBI officials talked to Huckaby in her home and asked her explain how she “found” the note. They walked around the trailer park and asked her to suggest neighbors who could be responsible for Sandra’s kidnapping, and she pointed to Christian Sinclair, a neighbor. Bauer said police investigated Sinclair, but were able to rule him out.

Bauer said FBI officials said her behavior was uncommon because she appeared overly excited when she found the note, but calmed down quickly.

He said her reaction to the note was “a front” and she had to appear excited about it even though she wrote it.

Prosecutors say that the handwriting matched samples of Huckaby’s writing, even though the writing in the “witness” note was disguised.

When Clover Road Baptist Church was searched on April 6, 2009, police found that one of the church’s window blinds was missing a draw cord — the cord that was used to tie shut the Eddie Bauer suitcase was a match for the cords on the other church blinds.

Bauer said all the evidence indicates that Huckaby acted alone. He said her grandparents were babysitting Huckaby’s daughter and Sandra’s sister at the time, and police are certain they had no knowledge of the crime.

He said Huckaby’s grandparents thought she went to the church to decorate the Sunday school room for Sunday.

It also appears Huckaby drugged Sandra before killing her. Alprazolam, a form of the muscle relaxant and anti-anxiety drug benzodiazepine, was found in Sandra’s body. Bottles of alprazolam were also found in Huckaby’s purse and home, the prosecutor's report stated.

Prosecutors had accused Huckaby of drugging a 7-year-old girl in January 2009 and a 37-year-old man in March 2009 with benzodiazepine, though those charges were dropped as part of Huckaby’s plea bargain.

The two other victims

Prosecutors and detectives allege that Huckaby kidnapped a 7-year-old girl who lived in the same trailer park and drugged her at Wendy’s one afternoon, without the consent of her mother. Testa wrote in Monday’s report that Huckaby alleged that the girl’s grandmother knew she was with Huckaby, but the grandmother denied the claim.

The girl was seen around 1:30 p.m. in the afternoon Jan. 17, 2009, and went missing until around 5 p.m. when she returned to the trailer park in Huckaby’s car.

The girl’s mother said her daughter was “slurring her words” and “acting drunk,” and decided to take her daughter to the hospital.

The girl’s urine sample tested positive for the same drugs found in Sandra’s body.

Police searched the girl’s home and found no drugs containing benzodiazepines, which are similar to Xanax or ativan.

The 7-year-old girl said she drank some “funny tasting water” when she was with Huckaby, Testa said.

Daniel Plowman, the 37-year-old ex-boyfriend of Huckaby who was drugged last March by Huckaby, said she gave him something from a Tupperware container that was “very bitter — like sucking on an aspirin.”

Plowman was found later that night passed out in his car in the McDonald’s drive-through line and was charged with driving under the influence. He said he had no memory of getting behind the wheel.

Traces of Xanax and ativan were also found in his system. He is not prescribed any medications and said he does not take anything other than ibuprofen.

Bauer said these two instances could have been practice for drugging Sandra, and that he didn’t believe Huckaby had any intent to kill the 7-year-old girl or her ex-boyfriend.

Bauer said he thinks she drugged the 7-year-old girl to see the effects the drugs would have on a child with similar height and weight to Sandra.

“All we know is that we had the same drug in three people three different times, and the last person was found dead,” Bauer said. “She did her research. She had already seen twice what the medication would do to a grown adult and a child.”

Huckaby’s motive and mental health

As details emerge from the investigation into Sandra’s death, some of Huckaby’s public comments have been questioned, along with her mental health.

She said she did not sexually molest Sandra, but evidence found by the police in the church April 6 led detectives to believe she was molested, and the county pathologist told the grand jury that Sandra was most likely sexually assaulted.

The question on everyone’s mind is why Huckaby did what she did.

While no one has any concrete answers, some have offered theories and speculation of motives for the murder.

Bauer said he has several theories on why Huckaby approached the FBI with the note, which initially led investigators to her.

One theory is that she wrote the note and gave it to the FBI because she wanted them to find Sandra, he said. He also said she might have wanted to insert herself in the investigation because she is an “attention seeker.”

Bauer also said she could have been testing the police to see if they would go search the dairy pond in rural Tracy.

Although Huckaby has never said why she killed Sandra, Bauer said he has some theories, such as her jealous nature.

He said that after interviewing family and friends of Huckaby, he learned that she had issues with sharing people that were close to her with others, such as her daughter.

Bauer said Huckaby told him that Sandra would come over to play with her daughter between 10 to 15 times a day, and he speculated that maybe Huckaby wanted her daughter all to herself.

Other theories about her mental health have also been talked about.

“Melissa didn’t tell me why she did what she did,” Bauer said. “She could make excuses and say it’s because she’s bi-polar… We don’t know that.”

He said she claimed to be taking her medications regularly when he interviewed her the day she was arrested.

“I don’t know what the benefit to killing Sandra is except that she gets her out of the picture if she’s super-jealous to the point where she doesn’t want her around,” Bauer said. “I don’t know if things got carried away in the church.”

He said he would like to sit down and talk to Huckaby someday to find out exactly in what order everything happened.

“Why did she sexually assault her? Did she do it for her own gratification? Did she do it because she was in a manic rage?” Bauer asked rhetorically.

He speculated that she could have sexually assaulted her to redirect the investigation toward a man.

Testa, the prosecutor, said he doesn’t “buy” into the theory her mental state was unstable, “because there is so much showing that she is lucid.”

He said one theory he has is that Huckaby killed Sandra to cover up the sexual molestation, because Sandra wouldn’t have kept the molestation secret.

Maybe “she had to kill her to silence her,” he speculated.

http://www.tracypress.com/view/full_story/7969065/article-Huckaby-case-closed--hearts-exposed?instance=home_news_bullets

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1341 on: June 18, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »

Court to Release Sealed Documents in Sandra Cantu Murder Case
Huckaby was sentenced for the murder of 8 year old Sandra Cantu whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase in a pond in April 2009.
Raw Video: Huckaby Asks Victim's Family For Forgiveness
KTLA News
1:51 PM PDT, June 18, 2010

STOCKTON -- The San Joaquin County Superior Court says it will release the grand jury transcripts from the Melissa Huckaby murder trial.

Meantime, the family of Huckaby's victim, 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, is trying to block the release of her autopsy report.

The mother and sister of the young murder victim filed a request for a temporary restraining order citing the graphic content of the report, lawyer Stewart Tabak said Thursday.

"I am absolutely baffled that the media still wants more ... more details, more misery, more disgustingly graphic details," Tabak said. "What else do they possibly need, since we know the public does not want nor need to know any more."

The move came after San Joaquin County Judge Linda Lofthus lifted a protective order Monday on search warrants and grand jury transcripts in the case.

Tabak said the family was still considering whether to challenge Friday's expected release of those documents.

The records were sought by The Associated Press, Bay Area News Group and the Record of Stockton in a motion citing public interest.

Melissa Huckaby, 29, was sentenced Monday to life in prison without the possibility of parole after she pleaded guilty to murdering Sandra - the playmate of Huckaby's daughter - in 2009.

Lofthus said then she could not rule on releasing Sandra's autopsy report because it had never been entered into the court record and remained under the control of the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office.

A hearing on the request for the restraining order is scheduled Friday.

The crime drew national attention after a 10-day search for Sandra ended with her body being found stuffed in a black suitcase that was pulled from an irrigation pond on April 6, 2009, a few miles from the Tracy mobile home park where her family lived.

Sandra died from "homicidal asphyxiation." Prosecutors believe she was drugged then smothered with a cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol.

Their investigative summary said the girl had injuries to her external genitalia that were consistent with a bent, bloodstained rolling pin found inside a church where Huckaby had taught.
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-huckaby-documents,0,6910341.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1342 on: June 18, 2010, 05:58:59 PM »

OMG IT IS almost impossible to stay in here today! Ackkkkkkkkkkkk! We need a new server........grrrrrrrrrr

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1343 on: June 18, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/23957825/detail.html

Testimony: Cantu May Have Suffered Previous Abuse
Grand Jury Transcript Reveals More On Tracy Girl's Disappearance, Death

UPDATED: 4:13 pm PDT June 18, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A kitchen cloth fashioned into a noose was found inside the suitcase containing Sandra Cantu's body, and a medical examination suggested the girl may have previously suffered sexual abuse, according to a grand jury transcript released Friday.

The records also reveal Cantu's sister, Miranda Chavez, spent the night at the home of her sister's killer, Melissa Huckaby, after 8-year-old Cantu disappeared.

Miranda Chavez recalled seeing Huckaby carry suitcases out to her vehicle, according to the transcript. Cantu's body was found inside a piece of luggage sunken in an irrigation pond a couple of miles north of the Tracy mobile home park where she lived.

"This was not something heat of the moment. This was a very calm, calculating mind at work. It was not something that was done in a hurry. It's possibly something that may have been premeditated," Medical Examiner Dr. Bennet Omalu said, describing how Cantu's body was placed in the luggage.

Grand Jury Transcript (Warning: Contains Graphic Details)

Omalu also testified that certain examinations revealed Cantu "may have been sexually abused in the past" and told the grand jury that the girl suffered an agonizing death.

Huckaby, a former Sunday school teacher, was sentenced Monday to life in prison for killing Cantu.

Meanwhile, a hearing was set to take place Friday afternoon regarding an effort by Cantu's family to block the release of the girl's autopsy report.

The family is seeking to have a judge grant a temporary restraining order, which would give the family time to try to get a permanent injunction to permanently seal the report.

Family members have said they do not want the report and findings to become public, to protect the memory of the girl.

Huckaby, who has been transferred to the Valley State Prison for Women in Chowchilla, apologized for the killing, but the girl's mother, Maria Chavez, told "Today" that she could not forgive her.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1344 on: June 18, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »

Omalu also testified that certain examinations revealed Cantu "may have been sexually abused in the past" and told the grand jury that the girl suffered an agonizing death.  OMG, don't know what to say about the being sexually abused in the past, and an agonizing death.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1345 on: June 19, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »

Records: Girl's killer had calm, calculating mind

By TERRY COLLINS and PAUL ELIAS (AP) – 3 hours ago

STOCKTON, Calif. — The care with which a Sunday school teacher placed the lifeless body of the 8-year-old girl she admitted murdering into a suitcase was one indication Melissa Huckaby had planned the gruesome killing, investigators say in newly released case documents.

This and other macabre pieces of information were revealed in the more than 1,800 pages of grand jury transcripts and other documents released Friday, shedding some new light on Huckaby, who was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to kidnapping and murdering her daughter's playmate last year.

Still, the 29-year-old Huckaby never revealed her motive and investigators have been at a loss to explain why she did it — but the documents do help fill out a portrait of a depressed woman with a troubled past and a penchant for cutting herself.

"There are so many unanswered questions that we will never know," prosecutor Thomas Testa said.

According to the documents, as the evidence against her mounted, Huckaby stuck to her story as police questioned her in April 2009: She had nothing to do with the abduction, rape and murder of an 8-year-old neighbor girl.

"She's the type of person that thought she could always explain her way out of situations," Tracy Police Det. Nate Cogburn told the grand jury that would charge Huckaby in Sandra Cantu's death. "And that was clearly what she thought she was going to do in this case."

According to a probation report, she described her childhood as "kind of rough" and said she was raped by a police officer when she was 19. She said she was diagnosed as bipolar and suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome.

Dr. Bennet Omalu, the forensic pathologist who conducted the autopsy, testified that Sandra's killer showed a "calm, calculating mind at work."

The way the body of 8-year-old victim was placed in the suitcase after the killing showed the work was likely premeditated, Omalu said during the July 2009 hearings. He testified that Sandra suffered mightily before she died of suffocation and was undoubtedly sexually assaulted.

"This was not something heat of the moment," Omalu said.

That calculating mind also on display the night of March 28, 2009, when Sandra was still missing and neighbors held a candlelight vigil in the mobile home community where Huckaby and Sandra lived.

During the vigil, a hyperventilating and tearful Huckaby ran up to investigators clutching a misspelled note she claimed to have found wedged in a nearby wall, according to the transcripts. The note said Sandra had been "stolin" and dumped in a nearby pond.

The girl, clad in a Hello Kitty T-shirt and Hannah Montana slippers, was indeed found stuffed in a suitcase submerged in the pond. It turned out that Huckaby wrote the letter, prosecutors said.

Two days before the suitcase containing Sandra's body was pulled from an irrigation pond, Huckaby checked herself into a hospital after swallowing a razor blade.

The documents showed Huckaby told investigators she accidentally swallowed the blade while sleepwalking. Prosecutor Testa contended the action showed the "consciousness of guilt."

Police quickly zeroed in on Huckaby as the prime suspect after Sandra's body was found.

Still, she kept up her innocence claim.

"Why would someone want to take her," Huckaby told police from her hospital bed. "Why do people hurt other people...because they are sick in their heads...disgusting."

She even tried to bamboozle her grandmother during her hospital stay.

"I hope she wasn't sexually assaulted," she said in a text message to the grandmother on April 6, 2009.

She still equivocated once she was arrested and confronted with overwhelming evidence that she committed the murders, including video surveillance, a witness spotting her in the remote area where the body was found and numerous inconsistencies in her interviews with investigators.

Her new story was that Sandra perished during a game of hide-and-go-seek gone wrong.

According to court documents, she finally told investigators that she urged Sandra to climb into the suitcase during the game with her daughter. Huckaby said she zipped Sandra into the suitcase and then forgot about her until it was too late, finding a lifeless body when she finally returned.

She said she "freaked out" and dumped her body in the irrigation pond.

Huckaby still maintains she did not sexually molest Sandra. The doctor who performed the autopsy testified otherwise in the transcripts released Friday. But a judge Friday barred release of the actual autopsy report at the family's request.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ifqBl1kMWh5a56KV4n_NalxeBJEgD9GE83AO0

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1346 on: June 19, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »

"she still equivocated" . . . liar, liar, liar.
I am filled with such rage!!!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1347 on: June 25, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »

For Sandra

Jimi Hendrix - rare - acoustic ~  Angel 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A1cmF1uIZ4M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/A1cmF1uIZ4M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

My wish is for Danial Cantu to hear and read my post. For Danial, Sandra's father to " offer his word" to others  - so Sandra can finally be free. That she knows she did not die in vain. Enough said.

My heartfelt feelings go out to the Cantu Family at this time. To Sandra's Mother, Sandra's Father, .. to Sandra's Siblings.  Let it be known that Sandra all by herself left a mark upon my Heart ..that I will carry forever. Sandra is Love ~ She is an Angel. 

She was a gift from Heaven. She will always be, near my heart, and in my thoughts, as a incredibly precious little girl. Whole, Not Hurt, Not abused, Not harmed.
I find her just as she is. Sandra

The little Angel.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1348 on: June 26, 2010, 08:37:13 PM »

Thanks Deenie.  I appreciate what your wrote and posted.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1349 on: June 27, 2010, 08:06:49 PM »

Sister,
( thank you for your kindness to me)
If I could only express what I truly feel about all of this - I would need a punching bag. I feel that MH deserves the needle and or chair. I feel that her being in protective housing in a all Woman's prison* for life is not enough. I have never felt so strongly of the DP ever. If MH is allowed into General Population she will be " executed" by Mother's who are Lifers (who survive in prison because they have children on the outside/who are not incarcerated for harming a child ) .. which is fine by me. I said to some, that I would not go and read the court documents of Sandra's case. I did last night for the first time and I read up to 40 percent of the pdf file. I sat with my Deenie next to me.. on the couch, reading each page from my laptop. I have never felt so much anger " from any of Casey's files" as I did reading Sandra's court documents. I don't know what will happen " within Society or felt by the public"  when its finally "* released the not yet said of Caylee's records - that will be exposed in Casey's trial 2011" ..

Reading the documents of Sandra just put me over. Finally putting the unknown pieces together. The pieces that We all tried to put together within the days of Sandra' being missing. I was able to read first hand the accounts of the days. And attempt to compute into my brain. The information that was key during the days of March 27-March 29 - all the speculations ..finally being put to paper with testimony of witnesses..what really happened.

Reading about the day of March 27th  - according to the court files .. very intense to say the least. The unknown of that day/24 hours finally painted in a picture for me to " grasp"... and attempt to understand. Reading the files of Sandra's autopsy. The pure inhumane torture that Sandra suffered alive - I have no words for it.  I have quite a few feelings though for MH. For the media to state that Sandra did not Suffer. I beg to differ. I think that a horse with a broken leg who is shot point blank .. is another " Typical" statement of " He/she did not suffer" .. when the Horse did, Did very much Suffer. HOW can that be stated in the Media ? Sandra did not suffer? I would really like to know who Coined that - that as statement (who's truth) that went wildfire within the media. Did they READ the court documents? Obviously not.

I still stand with my thoughts that MH did not act alone. That she was in cooperation with ?? I don't know. Its always been my gut. MH is a sick, evil, disturbed individual. But within all her evil does not explain the " perpetual" actions she committed.  She was trying I believe to prove something by torturing and killing Sandra. To WHO though. Something went wrong and it did not work out as planned for MH - that is why she flipped and started dropping hints and tips to " anyone who would listen, leading up to LE " that night of March 27th.  The Note she said she found. Her claims of the Missing Suitcase ..Stolen suitcase.

She so WANTED to be in the middle of the investigation - yet not as the perp - but to have a birds eye view of ..everything on going within. She had to figure out a way to insert herself. Playing off of " suitcase" " Sunday School Teacher" " Mom act " etc.. as the two only things she was known for Church/Mady's Mom. She was not known to be a Brain, to Be a person who was known by any of the families in the park.. She was Mady's Mother or the Woman who lives with her Grandparents that run the Church. She never attempted to befriend any of the other mothers. She though had this unique way of latching on to " little girls" within the park.  Which just blows my mind. That parents allowed their children to go to MH/Lawless House and spend time inside and even spend the night ..and yet all claim " We didn't know them - We weren't friends" .. I am not pointing fingers at anyone. ( If Mom who's daughter was slipped the Wendy drugged Water is reading here - I am not pointing fingers at you. You did not know and you were duped by this Evil B MH. I wish for you to read on- I am praying for your Daughter, and you as well)
My Daughter when she was Sandra's age/even younger and older. We lived in Apts. We lived in " not the best" apartments either.  I laid down the rule " YOU are NEVER to go INSIDE anyone's Apt" I don't care who they are. Never EVER go inside. Unless I knew the MOM and She and I were Friends. Not just HI "passing" but Really Friends. And that was almost never. I only had one woman that I claimed friend in 16 yrs of apt living. That I allowed my Daughter to enter her apt, her daughter and my daughter went to school together/had the same teacher/and she/Parents lived under me. Her Daughter was allowed in my house as well. I had no concerns. * that is the only time I have recall that I allowed my Daughter to visit inside. I am not saying I am " superior" to any other person.. But when it comes to my Daughter. I would never allow her to enter others homes - that I did not Know them.
I taught her from square, If someone asks you to enter their apt - YOU say NO. And you return home immediately. For the spending the night .. I just cant' say enough ..how wrong. Not to know who your child is with. 
What I write is Mute today in Sandra's case. It is though a lesson that all Mothers/Fathers need to understand .. Your child is Golden and You have to be the Parent and say NO to ADULTS that have INTEREST in YOUR Child  -this Adult that Only your child knows. If you do not know this Person who has INTEREST in Your Baby - That's on You. You need to find out WHY? Why is this adult so interested in your child. Adults do not seek out others children for anyone's benefit but their own.
(( sorry Monkeys I am angry)). The fundamentals of raising a child in a multiple house dwelling.  (apt/manufactured home community)
Sandra's Mother and family have been through enough and I am not writing this to point at her - or to shame her.
Food for Thought
I am writing to those who do read this - Pay attention to your surroundings, pay attention to the Adults in your realm around your home, to the Adults that frequent your child's outdoor play area, to those who walk the neighborhood, to those who have children the same age as yours..yet you have never met the child nor the parent. ( Your child though speaks of them often as they have a relationship with them - outside while playing )  Tell your child - I want to meet this person/ this little girl. Lets go for a walk so I can introduce myself to them. Be consistent. Listen to your little one as the ramble when they come indoors from playing.
I cannot say that any of what I wrote above would have saved Sandra's life. I cannot say. But I can try to offer up "words" in hope for others to take on the responsibility of awareness.  I think its Crucial in this Day and AGE to Pay attention to what is Not obvious along with what is in your face ...that many and most of us do not see until its too late. I have much to offer after reading Sandra's court files. I have to settle myself first.
We all have to be " aware " myself included. Currently, I don't have any children who live on my street. None. I am surrounded by elderly folk. They do have grand kids that visit - but thankfully when they do - their Dad/GP's are always with them playing outdoors. They are never left alone and do not leave the yard.
 We as people need to pay attention in public of the children who are around us. Not just glance or think WOW what a brat and assume it is a whining child say during shopping.  But to stop, take notice, pay attention.
I know I ranted and I am not sorry for it. I pray that my words are read and ..In a Dream World I wish never for a child to suffer at the hands of a MH .. Ever Again. 
now I am crying.  I think Monkeys by this time .. more than likely shed purple tears.
Sandra & Caylee
K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1350 on: June 28, 2010, 12:08:22 AM »

Deenie, bless you for sharing your innermost thoughts.  I too feel total rage.  MH is the one who said she did not suffer. The sheer terror for this little girl to know she was going to die -- is more than my mind can calmly receive.  Again, as I just wrote in Ethan Stacy's thread -- the punishment needs to be exactly what MH did to Sandra, except keep her alive and do it over and over and over and over.  Then let her die.  Let her taste the fear and pain she caused.  Her weepy act means nothing to me.
I too agree this was not done alone.  I pray someday we will have complete justice for Sandra.  Until then, though I know her family must miss her deeply, I rejoice she no longer feels any pain or fear.  That provides some solace.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1351 on: June 28, 2010, 05:17:29 AM »

Deenie, bless you for sharing your innermost thoughts.  I too feel total rage.  MH is the one who said she did not suffer. The sheer terror for this little girl to know she was going to die -- is more than my mind can calmly receive.  Again, as I just wrote in Ethan Stacy's thread -- the punishment needs to be exactly what MH did to Sandra, except keep her alive and do it over and over and over and over.  Then let her die.  Let her taste the fear and pain she caused.  Her weepy act means nothing to me.
I too agree this was not done alone.  I pray someday we will have complete justice for Sandra.  Until then, though I know her family must miss her deeply, I rejoice she no longer feels any pain or fear.  That provides some solace.

Sister .. I wonder if Sandra's Mother or family will ever recover from this. Why I say is because " Sandra's Sister" was lured into MH's home the night of Sandra being missing - the night of March 27th.  She too was " right there" during/after Sandra's death. Sandra's sister.  I cannot offer any words in my vocabulary for the HATE pure HATE I have for MH - she victimized this entire Family. She Brutally Tortured with RAGE and Malice - Sandra. Sandra's life was ended by this less than human, less than animal POS. .and yet she is sitting pretty .. eating quite well obviously .. her 100lb weight gain since her arrest.  She to me is less than a human being. She to me is the waste that I scrape off my boots.. from stepping in something by accident.

Life in prison is " too Good for Melissa Huckaby" ..
Seek the guilty Seek Justice - Hollywood Style - Charles Bronson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHBYc0DgPB0   
I could embed the video but I wont. 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1352 on: June 28, 2010, 07:11:17 AM »

My Dad, 83 yrs old. He and I talked about Sandra and her being missing, I told him everything about the case. Who was on the list of question, who was hinkey, who was speculated. He was very much interested in Sandra. He wanted to know everything and anything about her. He saw her photos and he said " without a thought" Oh she is a sweet girl. He was fully vested into everything I could find out- For Sandra to be found Safe. He was trying to be positive. But he said to me, in a very soft voice, caring voice.. Honey I don't want you to get your hopes up. With all that you have told me about these people around Sandra .. he said it might not be what we want in the end. He said I have been praying for Sandra every night.

When the suitcase was found, when it was confirmed Sandra was inside that suitcase.  That she was identified. I felt I had no one to talk to but My Dad. Because I felt so deeply for Sandra, I needed to speak to someone who understood my feelings.  I tried to call my Dad at that moment. He was not home. I wrote him an email .. His words to me - his email he sent in response of Sandra's death. My Dad at 83 yrs old - he wrote:

Hi K, God works in mysterious ways, we will never know all the answers until we go to our real home in heaven, the world is not our home, God had his reasons, maybe if this is possible he saved her from a fate worse than death, it's a cruel world out there, all one can do is the best they can in trying to protect our loved ones, we can only do so much to try and advise and help, some people will not listen to your sage advice and just keep on doing crazy things throughout their lives and cannot be helped no matter how hard we try, and we can't keep blaming ourselves for the outcomes and fate of others, we just have to continue our lives in an unselfish, loving manner and keep asking ourselves the best question we can,( what would Jesus Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I hope you are doing well and have a wonderful day, from one who cares, love you very much, your Dad-

If my Dad only knew what really happened to Sandra. I think though My Dad doesn't have to know. For all the times that I spoke of Sandra.. maybe .. possibly My Dad and Sandra have had conversations together in Heaven. Because I am so drawn to her. Why I am drawn to Sandra ( I cannot say)  she means so much to me. I have no explanation of why. She to me represents " something" bigger than life here on this planet I guess. That is why I call her a Angel.
~ Sandra I do not claim, she is not mine, never will be, never was 
She is of " All" and Everyone. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pXynEtTA24Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/pXynEtTA24Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1353 on: June 28, 2010, 08:19:16 AM »

Deenie, I wish there was something I could say to help alleviate some of your pain.  But I know there isn't--I can't offer you anything but whatever emotional support you can garner by knowing you are not alone.  Knowing that I, too, feel the level of pain, anger, distress and sorrow that you feel.  Like you, I have no explanation for the question, "Why has Sandra affected me the way she has?"  I truly can't answer that.  I ask the same question about Nevaeh and hope and pray every night that Nevaeh gets justice. 

We can search and search and search for an explanation for why MH did what she did.  I can probably come up with a million suggestions, but they'd only be based on speculation and, to me, it's just not worth spending what little emotional capital I have left on speculating.  Why?  Because the scenarios are all too painful to think about and all of them would be based on little more than what our imaginations can dream up. I instead choose to spend my emotional capital on spreading the message and trying to save just one child from experiencing a similar fate.  Your father was right--God works in mysterious ways.  While God has given us much, He has not given us the ability to understand His every move.  We just need to accept that, keep Sandra in our thoughts and prayers, and try the best we can to prevent this from happening again.  I know that Sandra will be part of me forever--she's permanently engraved in my heart and in my mind.

I never told anyone this story because I know sometimes stories like this turn people off.  But because I can sense the pain in your heart, I'm going to post it in the hopes that you'll get at least a little consolation from it.  Without going into too much detail, after Sandra's body was found, I was an emotional wreck.  I prayed every single night that her killer would be found quickly and justice would be equally as swift.  I specifically recall that it was very early in the morning my time (I live on the East Coast) when they announced MH's arrest.  I recall being awaken by a dream.  It was Sandra.  She said three things to me.  "Don't worry about me, I want you to know that I'm okay."  "I want you to know that I didn't suffer, I was asleep."  And probably the most startling, she told me to wake up and turn on my computer.  I immediately woke up and turned it on to hear Sheneman announce they'd arrested Huckaby.

I will remember that forever.  God Bless Sandra and the many other children whose stories are never told.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1354 on: June 28, 2010, 09:42:41 AM »

As always very good posts from Deenie and JessStar. HUGS   This has been bothering me to the point that I can't let it go. What all happened to little Sandra is beyond words, but the ME making a statement about previous sexual molestation, has me very upset as well. I'm wondering who in little Sandra's life could also have done that to her, could it mean that at other times that Melissa had done things to her like that, perhaps Sandra could have been drugged. Or a family member or close family friend? So very sad that she had to endure that as well. I suppose it would be extremely ignorant of me to think the ME could be wrong. I won't bring this up again, just wondering if someone could please explain this, and how the ME would know that.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1355 on: June 28, 2010, 10:42:18 AM »

Deenie, JessStar, NoRose -- thank you all for sharing in this extreme pain we all feel.  If our pain is so acute, just imagine how much more her family.  I continue to go and light a candle, not so much for Sandra anymore, but for her family.  NoRose, I believe Sandra was abused by MH in the past as she spent so much time there.  Sometimes it starts out as some little "secret" game and moves on from there.  God only knows, truly only God knows.  I am so thankful she is skipping through the meadows of heaven free from the harm of this earthly life.
JessStar, what a powerful and blessed dream.  I too have those on occasion and I feel they are gifts from the Lord, I call them my manna from heaven.  He gives us the courage to not only go on, but to be focused with our energies to help our children.  Jesus said, "when you have done to one, you have done to me" -- may all we do to help the children delight the heart of our Lord.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1356 on: June 28, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »

Thank-you Sister.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1357 on: June 28, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »

As always very good posts from Deenie and JessStar. HUGS   This has been bothering me to the point that I can't let it go. What all happened to little Sandra is beyond words, but the ME making a statement about previous sexual molestation, has me very upset as well. I'm wondering who in little Sandra's life could also have done that to her, could it mean that at other times that Melissa had done things to her like that, perhaps Sandra could have been drugged. Or a family member or close family friend? So very sad that she had to endure that as well. I suppose it would be extremely ignorant of me to think the ME could be wrong. I won't bring this up again, just wondering if someone could please explain this, and how the ME would know that.

Hi NRCG.  Let me take a crack at it because I carefully read Dr. Omalu's testimony. READERS BEWARE-PORTIONS OF THIS WILL BE GRAPHIC!!!

Dr. Omalu never testified that Sandra was previously sexually abused.  During his testimony, he was asked how he could determine whether or not the injuries to Sandra's genitalia were cased "at or near the the time of death as opposed to her being, say, sexually active."  (Tr., p. 366).  Testa clarified his question by asking "Do you know if she was sexually active or some guy was molesting her or some person was?"  (Tr., p. 367).  His answer was "It's possible she may have experienced some previous sexual abuse."  His opinion was premised principally on the fact that Sandra's hymen was entirely absent as opposed to being just torn.  However, when asked why, then, he was able to say that her injuries were caused close in time to death as opposed to this hypothetical sexual abuse, he testified "Because of the bleeding.  If this was done to her like eighteen hours prior, the bleeding would change from red/purple to yellow. . . so the pathology, the microscopic features, the gross features, the naked eye features, indicate with a reasonable degree of medical certainty that this was in and about the time of death."  He also testified that there was evidence of blood in her underpants which prove the injury was caused close in time to her death.

So what does this mean?  Mr. Testa needed to anticipate the defense that the injuries to Sandra's genitalia were caused by prior sexual abuse and not by MH, and diffuse that anticipated defense.  So he had to ask the question.  Dr. Omalu essentially testified that had the autopsy showed remnants of Sandra's hymen and "old injuries," it would have been more consistent with prior sexual abuse.  But since the hymen was completely absent, there was evidence of fresh blood, and the direction of the penetration was entirely inconsistent with penile penetration, it was clear in his mind that Sandra's injuries occurred close in time to her death, that MH was the perpetrator, and that Sandra was raped with an object that was quite large and strong, like the handle to the rolling pin.

I should probably add that Sandra's mother also testified at the grand jury proceeding.  She testified that Sandra never exhibited any signs of having been sexually abused.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1358 on: June 28, 2010, 04:11:50 PM »

Thank-you JessStar, and I apologize for misunderstanding what was said.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1359 on: June 28, 2010, 08:47:01 PM »

Thank-you JessStar, and I apologize for misunderstanding what was said.

No need to apologize!  I completely understand. This is just one example of why I lobbied against the media obtaining this information. As usual they used it to sensationalize a story rather than telling the true story.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.