March 28, 2024, 02:25:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517085 times)
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2009, 08:31:17 PM »

To all that saw NG tonight . sorry I can not do this anymore
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »

My goodness Momoftwins! you certainly have your hands full! when I have the 6 yr old, the 3 yr old and the baby of 8 months grand daughters, by the end of the day, I am exhausted! give you credit girl for doing what you do almost all by yourself since hubby is gone for work...God luv ya!
I know what you mean about the 6 yr old being left out at times, that is why I give her special attention, besides she is my first and my heart...but the baby always gets the attention and the 3 yr old gets it cause she is always moving and ashaking and because of their ages!
 You can only do what you can do...but a extra little kiss for the 6 yr old would probably mean a lot to her and to you! xxxxxxxx

momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2009, 09:31:50 PM »

My goodness Momoftwins! you certainly have your hands full! when I have the 6 yr old, the 3 yr old and the baby of 8 months grand daughters, by the end of the day, I am exhausted! give you credit girl for doing what you do almost all by yourself since hubby is gone for work...God luv ya!
I know what you mean about the 6 yr old being left out at times, that is why I give her special attention, besides she is my first and my heart...but the baby always gets the attention and the 3 yr old gets it cause she is always moving and ashaking and because of their ages!
 You can only do what you can do...but a extra little kiss for the 6 yr old would probably mean a lot to her and to you! xxxxxxxx

Thanks Cookie
Just got them tucked in.  My hubby thinks I'm nuts for following these missing cases like I do.  I just feel so sorry for these lost souls, and their families.  Words can't express.  I try to keep up with this case and Little Haleigh.  I just wait for the day Justice Prevails!!  Your son or daughter is very, very lucky to have you to help with the babies.  My oldest is 21, yep, I'm 44, and she lives on the property, so she helps me.  I just became a Grandma a month ago.  I'm so proud even though I havebabies myself.  I always say if God didn't want me to have them, I wouldn't.  All of them are BLESSINGS, and I'm sooo thankful for them, and their health.  I'm a very blessed person.  Thanks again. 

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2009, 09:41:18 PM »

What happened on NG?  I normally watch it as a repeat at 10 pm local time . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »

Nancy was doing the story of Emma Baker the toddler that was killed by her mother Stacey in Lancaster Ca. The crime was commited March 19, and she was finally arrested, and charged with second degree murder. Stacey had an outlandish story like Casey did, and it turns out she suffocated the toddler.

OT

For those interested, Link to Emma Barker's thread in Crimes Against Children at SM:
  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4934.0
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:52:56 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »

Nancy was doing the story of Emma Baker the toddler that was killed by her mother Stacey in Lancaster Ca. The crime was commited March 19, and she was finally arrested, and charged with second degree murder. Stacey had an outlandish story like Casey did, and it turns out she suffocated the toddler.

My God, what is this world coming to. Someone needs to put birth control in the water or beer or weed or whatever these idiots are using.   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2009, 09:53:29 PM »

My God, what is this world coming to. Someone needs to put birth control in the water or beer or weed or whatever these idiots are using.   

OT

For those interested, Link to Emma Barker's thread in Crimes Against Children at SM: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4934.0

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
momoftwins
Scared Monkey

« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2009, 09:56:17 PM »

My head is spinning from this one.  I can't understand for the life of me this girl lived with her Mother like Casey, why not just leave the baby?!!! MAKES NO SENSE.  I don't want to know.  NO EXCUSE!!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »

My head is spinning from this one.  I can't understand for the life of me this girl lived with her Mother like Casey, why not just leave the baby?!!! MAKES NO SENSE.  I don't want to know.  NO EXCUSE!!

Poor little girl, she was so cute. It seems the family helped and provided a good support system for the mother, why would she do this? How???
I am a mother and my worse nightmare would be, god forbid, to lose one of them. A parent should never bury a child, but when that parent causes it? I just don't get it, never will, I don't even know if we are supposed to
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2009, 11:37:01 PM »

A word of caution concerning information on the internet especially news sources.  We found in the Natalee Holloway case that these often just disappear and not only from local media but even national.

Some of the article and transcripts are still there after all this time but many were gone in no time, two page transcripts shortened to one page and just plain gone.  Some there is now even a $25 charge to access what was at the time just routine program like Greta van Susteren.

So don't depend on the link working forever.  It well may but then again, it may not.  There did not seem to be any pattern to the disappearing sources, just poof and one day they were gone.

I suppose all archives have a limit to the amount of information they store.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:39 PM »

Hey ALL!
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2009, 11:56:41 PM »

Well Monkeys
Here we have another Hughes.  May or may not be related to the Lawless'.

DAVID HUGHES

288(a)     LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS
Last Name:   HUGHES      First Name: DAVID     Middle Name:  ALLEN   
Description    Offenses    Scars/Marks/Tattoos    Known Aliases
Last Known Address:    713 ANN GABRIEL LANE
TRACY, 95376
County:    SAN JOAQUIN
Zip Code    95376
Date of Birth:    03-24-1952
Sex:    MALE
Height:    5'10"
Weight:    160
Eye Color:    BLUE
Hair Color:    BROWN
Ethnicity:    WHITE
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:07 AM »

A word of caution concerning information on the internet especially news sources.  We found in the Natalee Holloway case that these often just disappear and not only from local media but even national.

Some of the article and transcripts are still there after all this time but many were gone in no time, two page transcripts shortened to one page and just plain gone.  Some there is now even a $25 charge to access what was at the time just routine program like Greta van Susteren.

So don't depend on the link working forever.  It well may but then again, it may not.  There did not seem to be any pattern to the disappearing sources, just poof and one day they were gone.

I suppose all archives have a limit to the amount of information they store.

Thanks for the explanation. It totally makes sense. I will make a folder and copy to it.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2009, 09:31:04 AM »

Interesting article I found involving the fbi questioning other churches in other states.  May have already been posted?

http://www.ibabuzz.com/onassignment/2009/04/28/cantu-investigation-takes-fbi-to-rural-northwest/#more-217

Cantu investigation takes FBI to rural Northwest
By Kari Hulac
Tuesday, April 28th, 2009 at 10:09 am in Crime.

The Sandra Cantu murder investigation and its related threads have led media and FBI investigators all over the West Coast and up into the rural Northwest, where small towns like Clarkston, Wash., and nearby Lewiston, Idaho, are hearing about the Tracy girl’s story.

Late last week reporter Josh Richman managed to reach the Rev. Oliver Bittleston, pastor of the Clarkston First Church of God from 1982 to 1994, at his Clarkston home to ask him about the FBI’s visit to the church. Agents went there in connection with their investigation into murder suspect Melissa Huckaby and her family, including the Rev. Lane Lawless, whose Clover Road Baptist church in Tracy was searched as part of the Cantu investigation. Lawless was ordained in Washington state in the 1970s.

Bittleston said he’d just returned from a Clarkston grocery store, where he’d bumped into the church’s current pastor, the Rev. Bill Creutzberg, who was familiar with the FBI probe and subsequent media calls.

“I have absolutely no idea, I wish that I knew something,” Bittleston said. “The only thing we can do is if there’s any interrogation or investigation that involves the church up here, we’ll have to do it in the presence of our lawyers.”

Bittleston said he has not been contacted by the authorities and has “no recollection” of Lane Lawless or of “any connection” to the Cantu case. Asked if there’d ever been allegations of child abuse and/or molestation at the church, he replied, “At one time, there was some… but it was an adult not involved with any of that name (Lawless) that I’m aware of.”

“We at the church found an elderly person who was doing some not-good things, so it went to court and he was sent into state jurisdiction” – meaning state prison, Bittleston said. “I was called in on that but I can’t see where there was any connection there… Any time that a church is working with children you’re going to have a certain amount of that … but we took it right to the authorities and it was taken care of.”

Bittleston also recalled that sometime early in his tenure at the church, “as I recall there was a young fellow and he came and immediately wanted to be associate pastor. … I didn’t feel right about it, I asked for some references. I think he was at church once or twice and he was gone.”

Bittleston said he recalled neither that person’s name nor the year in which he visited the church.

Lewiston (Idaho) Tribune City Editor Craig Clohessy said his researchers couldn’t find anything in their archives about Lawless being in the area though they’ve “heard tell” that he had been at some point.

Lawless’ church web site biography states that he came to Tracy in 1981.

And we're supposed to believe Melissa Huckaby acted alone? 

There's about 20 things alone that bother me in that article, thanks for posting.

Here's an example as to how the media in general does not do their homework. We have an entire thread with specifics about the Lawless family and the relatives of same, directly tying him to this area. Does not mean he is responsible for the rumors of "not so good things", however...
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2009, 09:48:53 AM »

April 30, 2009

Female Sex Killers: The Devious PredatorsDeborah Schurman-Kauflin, PhD

***EDITOR’S NOTE – CONTENT WARNING: The following article contains subject matter that may be disturbing or upsetting to some of our readers, as it includes descriptions of violent crimes and deviant criminal behavior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are the world’s most elusive hunters. Using their looks, their status, and their personalities, female sex killers can be the most difficult to catch. I have studied serial killers all of my adult life and am the only profiler to interview a large group of female serial killers and create their profiles. I work with police on such cases around the United States, and from first- hand experience, I can attest to the fact that female rape murderers are clever.

Though rare, such predators are more common than the general public knows. Why? In most instances, when a female rapes and kills a victim, the act is done in conjunction with a male partner. As such, when caught, the females play innocent and blame the male. This strategy has proven highly effective over the years because people are hesitant to believe that a woman could rape and murder. But it does happen, and sometimes, the female will act alone.

Out of all the interviews I have done with male and female serial killers, the only offender who ever made me uncomfortable was a female sex killer. She had a long history of violence and killed with no remorse. What made her unique is that she was very open about her love for drawing blood using knives, and she said if she ever got out of prison, she would kill again.

These offenders are a unique breed in that they have a real taste for hurting helpless victims. They enjoy the feeling they get when using objects to rape. In fact, female rape killers will often use jagged instruments when they attack. These women are especially brutal with female victims, and almost always, they will mutilate the genitalia. Such women have told me that they chose to hurt their victims so viciously because it turned them on. Like their male counterparts, it was sexually exciting.

To capture their prey, these women use a rouse to trick their victims who are always smaller in size. They use their gender as a cover for their evil intentions because most people find it hard to believe that the fairer sex could rape and kill a child. However, children are not their only victims. Such offenders have been known to target adults since everyone is less wary of a woman. This allows these super predators access to almost any type of victim.

The killers are drawn to traditionally “feminine” jobs such as nursing, caregiving, teaching, or the sex trade. These fields give them natural cover to get close to victims. Like their male counterparts, female sex killers fantasize about rape and murder. However, unlike men, women tend to be less selective about the type of victims they choose. For instance, male sex killers typically prefer certain types of victim such as 20-year-old blondes. But for the women, victim age and gender are less important than opportunity. Female predators search for that which is easy to get. If she works in a nursing home, she may go after the elderly and rape them in their beds. If the woman works as a prostitute, she will target customers. If she teaches, she often sets her sights on students. These women crave what is familiar to them, and they watch their prey over time to assess how easy it would be to attack.

The killers tend to have spotty work histories as well as a string of failed relationships. They dabble in sexual relationships and will try everything from lesbianism to child molestation. Emotionally they find it hard to be “centered,” and family will cover for the women when they engage in strange behavior. In looking at their backgrounds, their life pattern tends to be as follows:

Loneliness
Child abuse (victim of)
Fantasy
Acting out (violent against animals & other children)
Sexually promiscuous
Psychopathic behavior (stealing, fire setting, lying)
Attaching to steady figure (older male)
Increased time alone
Practicing violence
Kidnap
Kill

The interesting part of this pattern is that when looking back, it is easy to see how the women progressed. And there is almost always someone who knew about the increasingly dangerous behavior but did nothing to stop it. There is a tendency in families to hide problems, and those that produce female rape murderers are no exception. The crimes are so aberrant that even those close to these women find it hard to believe that their child/friend/spouse could do such things. The women are well aware of this and use it to their advantage. At every turn, they will plant doubt into the minds of those who question. They will act strange on purpose to try to confuse people. Then they turn on the water works and cry to appear innocent. The thing that tends to be consistent with these killers is that people around them will say that the women were “strange” or “unusual.” Others will even say that the women made them feel uncomfortable at times, but again, because of their gender, people are reluctant to be suspicious.

Once caught, the women go to emotional extremes and will do everything from attempting to seduce investigators to acting out in an almost psychotic like way. When female rape murderers are cornered, they are more likely to talk than other female killers. However, their ‘confessions’ will be self serving and filled with lies. They will be flamboyant and spin tales of their own horrific abuse in order to garner sympathy. However, make no mistake, such women are devious and know exactly what they are doing. They use the rarity of their crimes to hide the truth of what lies beneath their façades. These types of crimes are actually becoming more common, so parents must become educated about this ‘newer’ predator that is stalking their children. As awareness grows, expect to see the discovery of more of these types of crimes. When society realizes what has been hiding in its midst, an innocence will be lost, but protection will be gained. People will be shocked when they discover what happened in the Sandra Cantu murder case. But the horror will provide the necessary wake-up call and education that parents need in order to be forearmed in the future.

Copyright Violent Crimes Institute, LLC 2009

FamilySecurityMatters.orgContributing Editor Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Ph.D., heads the Violent Crimes Institute, and is author of The New Predator, Vulture and the soon-to be published Disturbed: Terrorist Behavioral Profiles

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.3128/pub_detail.asp
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #215 on: April 30, 2009, 10:38:56 AM »

N2WISHN  thanks for that article, very interesting.
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #216 on: April 30, 2009, 10:55:37 AM »

Interesting article I found involving the fbi questioning other churches in other states.  May have already been posted?

http://www.ibabuzz.com/onassignment/2009/04/28/cantu-investigation-takes-fbi-to-rural-northwest/#more-217

By Kari Hulac

The Sandra Cantu murder investigation and its related threads have led media and FBI investigators all over the West Coast and up into the rural Northwest, where small towns like Clarkston, Wash., and nearby Lewiston, Idaho, are hearing about the Tracy girl’s story.

Late last week reporter Josh Richman managed to reach the Rev. Oliver Bittleston, pastor of the Clarkston First Church of God from 1982 to 1994, at his Clarkston home to ask him about the FBI’s visit to the church. Agents went there in connection with their investigation into murder suspect Melissa Huckaby and her family, including the Rev. Lane Lawless, whose Clover Road Baptist church in Tracy was searched as part of the Cantu investigation. Lawless was ordained in Washington state in the 1970s.

Bittleston said he’d just returned from a Clarkston grocery store, where he’d bumped into the church’s current pastor, the Rev. Bill Creutzberg, who was familiar with the FBI probe and subsequent media calls.

“I have absolutely no idea, I wish that I knew something,” Bittleston said. “The only thing we can do is if there’s any interrogation or investigation that involves the church up here, we’ll have to do it in the presence of our lawyers.”

Bittleston said he has not been contacted by the authorities and has “no recollection” of Lane Lawless or of “any connection” to the Cantu case. Asked if there’d ever been allegations of child abuse and/or molestation at the church, he replied, “At one time, there was some… but it was an adult not involved with any of that name (Lawless) that I’m aware of.”

“We at the church found an elderly person who was doing some not-good things, so it went to court and he was sent into state jurisdiction” – meaning state prison, Bittleston said. “I was called in on that but I can’t see where there was any connection there… Any time that a church is working with children you’re going to have a certain amount of that … but we took it right to the authorities and it was taken care of.”
Bittleston also recalled that sometime early in his tenure at the church, “as I recall there was a young fellow and he came and immediately wanted to be associate pastor. … I didn’t feel right about it, I asked for some references. I think he was at church once or twice and he was gone.”

Bittleston said he recalled neither that person’s name nor the year in which he visited the church.

Lewiston (Idaho) Tribune City Editor Craig Clohessy said his researchers couldn’t find anything in their archives about Lawless being in the area though they’ve “heard tell” that he had been at some point.

There's about 20 things alone that bother me in that article, thanks for posting.

Here's an example as to how the media in general does not do their homework. We have an entire thread with specifics about the Lawless family and the relatives of same, directly tying him to this area. Does not mean he is responsible for the rumors of "not so good things", however...

Hello Monkeys

The part I bolded made my mouth drop to the floor WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would any one expect if a church is around children then this is 100% going to happen.
That is just a strange statement
I think FBI are getting all their little ducks in a row

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2009, 12:03:02 PM »

By Kari Hulac

Hello Monkeys

The part I bolded made my mouth drop to the floor WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would any one expect if a church is around children then this is 100% going to happen.
That is just a strange statement
I think FBI are getting all their little ducks in a row

Monkey hugs

I agree Stacey, it's a VERY strange comment!  My jaw hit the floor too!  Seems to me that some of the folks they've questioned in WA and Idaho sound defensive and evasive, as tho they've more info to hide than to offer.  Maybe it's just the way I took it, dunno.  A comment like the one this guy made, not only doesn't reflect well on any church, but it makes me want to question him more about the attitudes of that church in particular.  And surprises me, coming from a pastor and all.  Strange thing too is that this pastor can't remember the name of whoever it was .. uh hmmm .. and neither pastor can remember anything about Lane Lawless.  So hand them a picture and flat out ask, do you know this man under ANY name? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »

You know call me crazy but I would expect God wishes for all  children to always be safe, especially in a house of worship

Edit-fix underline
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:03:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2009, 01:38:05 PM »

You know call me crazy but I would expect God wishes for all children to always be safe, especially in a house of worship!

OOPs should have underlined rather then italic  Embarassed

Edit-fixed
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:04:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.