March 29, 2024, 04:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517241 times)
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2009, 01:56:46 PM »

N2WISHN  thanks for that article, very interesting.

I thought it was quite interesting too. Melissa seems to have alot of the classic traits going for her. At a minimum, someone in her family must have been aware of some of her disturbing behavior.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »

N2WISHN  thanks for that article, very interesting.

I thought it was quite interesting too. Melissa seems to have alot of the classic traits going for her. At a minimum, someone in her family must have been aware of some of her disturbing behavior.
One would think, maybe they just swept it all under the rug, and proceeded with their own lives.
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2009, 04:16:40 PM »

REGARDING A PARTIAL LIFT ON THE GAG ORDER - an email from my attorney friend living near Tracy:

Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:23 PM
Subject: RE: Partial lift of the gag order in Sandra Cantu case.

“As of April 30 at 12:15 p.m, there is no news on the official
San Joaquin Superior Court website that the gag order was partially lifted. The original gag order remains in place. There was a news article that speculated that it would be partially lifted. Also the court has not emailed to the media any information about a partial lift.

It would probably take a motion by media before the judge to try to lift or modify the original gag order or the gag order on the document filed by the DA in opposition to the disnterment.

Unfortunately, once a judge puts a gag order in place, it is darn expensive in time and money to do the paperwork to try to lift it. And the media usually will have the motion denied by the trial judge and her judicial decisions will havfe to go up appeal to the California Court of Appeals with a writ application and if the writ is not denied summarily, which often happens, and the writ is actually reviewed by the court, the process often takes months to hear. This is so despite the fact the media usually requests quick emergency relief re: lifting a gag so that the trial proceedings don’t pass by in a gagged stated, before a court actually issues a decision one way or the other.

Public court proceedings are the goal of the California judiciary, at least officially, but in practice, sealing is rampant in all kinds of cases, often for specious reasons.

I see your posting at ScaredMonkeys, Blink, and co. I admire your activism.

It appears from the response of the Tracy Press that they did not dig into the Timothy Lawless connection to Melissa Huckaby, other than making a few phone calls to the official authorities.”

K

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »

Thank you Sacsayhuan for bringing this info to us & I would like to say WELCOME!

WELCOME SACSAYHUAN!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2009, 06:39:31 PM »

Thank you Sacsayhuan for bringing this info to us & I would like to say WELCOME!

WELCOME SACSAYHUAN!

Yes, me too.   WELCOME 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2009, 06:47:46 PM »

I missed seeing you come in Sacsayhuan.  Hello and welcome to Scared Monkeys 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2009, 07:25:40 PM »

Welcome Sacsayhuan! 

Are you from the bay area or central valley?
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »

Your going to love this !  

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:17:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2009, 08:22:14 PM »

Welcome Sacsayhuan! 

Are you from the bay area or central valley?

I am from Louisiana !  I have friends in CA - Santa Monica and Northern CA around San Francisco.  Tracy is very near the girls in Northern CA.
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2009, 08:24:30 PM »

I missed seeing you come in Sacsayhuan.  Hello and welcome to Scared Monkeys 

Thanks MuffyBee - I had been posting on Blink's website - but I think it is almost full.  This is a great site - just have to figure out how not to duplicate my posts !
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »

WELCOME SACSAYHUAN!

Yes, me too.   WELCOME 

Thanks !  I look forward to reading the posts daily and contributing when I have any good info. 

Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2009, 08:31:06 PM »

WELCOME SACSAYHUAN!

Yes, me too.   WELCOME 

Nice meeting you and am looking forward to getting to know everyone !  Looks like a wonderful site with knowledgeable and determined individuals !
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2009, 11:11:21 PM »

Seems like a quiet night.  Blink, if you get a second, can you get my email address from Klaas and send me an email?  I'd like to ask for your opinion on something.

Thanks.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2009, 08:43:48 AM »

OT-  Sort of. . . 

Accused Molester Blames Blood Pressure
Man Also Blamed His Medication, Report Says

Posted: 1:30 pm EST January 2, 2008Updated: 3:23 pm EST January 2, 2008
CHANDLER, Ariz. -- A Sunday school teacher who was arrested on suspicion of molesting a 5-year-old girl at a Phoenix-area church blamed his actions on his "high blood pressure," according to a police report.

High Blood Pressure Blamed

Terence James Greenwood, 62, a married father of two children, also cast blame on his "medication" or the possibility that he had "mental problems," the report said.

Greenwood faces six felony charges, including child molestation, sexual conduct with a minor and indecent exposure, KPHO-TV in Phoenix reported.

Greenwood has been a member of the Chandler United Methodist Church for years, but he recently started helping in the classrooms in September, according to the police report.

In a phone call to Greenwood from the victim's mother before his arrest, he first denied what the victim said, the report stated.

He then admitted he had "made a mistake" and was "ashamed" of it, but said he only "exposed himself" to the girl, according to the report.

Greenwood was arrested on Dec. 21 outside a Paradise Bakery store where he does maintenance work.

In interviews with investigators, Greenwood admitted he "touched" the victim "inappropriately," "exposed" himself and made the girl touch him and perform oral sex, the police report stated.

He also said he "tried to touch two other little girls" in the Sunday school class who spent the night with his 11-year-old daughter, according to the report.

According to the police report, he said he "took advantage" of the 5-year-old girl because "she trusted him" and was "quiet."

After getting away with it one Sunday, he said, he was "emboldened" to "do it again," the report said.

Police said the church sent letters to its members about Greenwood's arrest. Officers said they are investigating the possibility that there might be one other victim.

Greenwood is being held without bond.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2009, 08:52:35 AM »

Will a Mod please remove my above posts - wrong thread    and delete this post - TIA

Rob, when I started reading it, I thought, geez, Rob must have meant to put this on the thread about Britannie....
hard to keep track sometimes isn't it?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2009, 08:54:06 AM »

Jess...that man in your above post is thoroughly disgusting! uuugggghhhhh....

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2009, 09:02:28 AM »

UPDATE:  The good news is that he's serving 35 years in prison w/o possibility of parole.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: May 01, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »

Seems like a quiet night.  Blink, if you get a second, can you get my email address from Klaas and send me an email?  I'd like to ask for your opinion on something.

Thanks.

sorry jess, just got this, I think I have it, if not, I will
B
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2009, 09:13:38 AM »

Most Female Child Molesters Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse, Study Suggests

ScienceDaily (May 13, 2008) — A University of Georgia study that is the first to systematically examine a large sample of female child molesters finds that many of them were themselves victims of sexual abuse as children.

The finding, published in the April issue of the Journal of Interpersonal Violence, has the potential to help break the cycle of abuse by improving treatment for offenders and their young victims.

“This study informs us about the pathway to becoming sexually deviant for females,” said study author Susan Strickland, assistant professor in the UGA School of Social Work. “With that knowledge, we can improve treatment and reduce the likelihood of future sexual assaults on children.”

Strickland said the sexual abuse of minors by women has been largely ignored by the general public, the legal system and by academic researchers. Many people believe that women are not capable of committing such acts, she said, and the abuse of boys by women is often dismissed as the boys sowing their oats or even being lucky. The truth is that both boys and girls are molested by female perpetrators and these victims often suffer a myriad of consequences affecting their sexuality, relationships and beliefs about themselves and others. Childhood sexual abuse also has been linked to a host of emotional and behavioral problems, such as substance abuse and eating disorders.

The true prevalence of female sexual abuse on children is unknown, but a commonly accepted figure is that five to seven percent of sex crimes are committed by females. Studies on female sex offenders are rare, and most have been descriptive in nature, used small samples and have not used valid statistical measures or control groups.

Strickland’s study, the largest of its kind, surveyed 130 incarcerated females - 60 of which were sex offenders and 70 of which were nonsexual offenders - and examined factors such as childhood trauma, substance abuse, emotional neediness and personality disorders. While the majority of both groups reported being the victims of childhood maltreatment, the sex offenders were significantly more likely to experience pervasive, serious and more frequent emotional abuse, physical abuse and neglect.

“We’ve pretty much known that the majority of women in prison have had bad childhoods and that many suffered childhood sexual abuse,” Strickland said. “But the subgroup of female sex offenders has suffered significantly more abuse, particularly sexual abuse.”

Sex offenders also exhibited more social and sexual insecurities, inhibitions and inferiorities. Strickland said the findings suggest that many female sex offenders struggle with relationships and lack the social skills to have their needs met with consensual adult partners. Therefore, treatment for female sex offenders should address their past trauma and focus on developing appropriate social skills and increasing arousal to appropriate sexual and emotional encounters.

Because victims are at increased risk of becoming abusers later in life, Strickland said their treatment should include offender prevention therapy, which addresses issues of power and control, appropriate sexual expression and boundaries, and cycles and triggers that may lead to offending behaviors.

“While it appears that only a minority of girls who are sexually abused become offenders,” Strickland said, “we can reduce that number and reduce the potential for further sexual assaults on children – both male and female – by including offender prevention in our treatment protocols.”

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/05/080513101605.htm

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2009, 09:13:46 AM »

UPDATE:  The good news is that he's serving 35 years in prison w/o possibility of parole.

that is totally music to my ears! now if we can only get the rest of them rounded up and throw away the keys!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.