March 28, 2024, 10:15:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517131 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #360 on: May 12, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »

Her brother is older, I think the oldest. Sandra was the baby

Yes, Sandra was the baby. Simone is 20, Thomas is 15 and Miranda is 11.

What better reason to get out of that neighborhood and move....Miranda is 11.

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #361 on: May 12, 2009, 11:46:04 AM »

YAY WYKS!!!
You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
This is for the very informative and organized post you made on the Photos & Facts ONLY
Very helpful, indeed...
(That's why I'm posting my THANKS on this thread)
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #362 on: May 12, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »

Here is part of the work WYKS did organizing!  Check out the whole post!!!!  (Photos & Facts Only Thread)
If you start feeling boggled...maybe review this and I think it might help me and some others too!!!!
Thanks AGAIN!!!!!!

1931 - Clifford Lane Lawless born in August, currently age 77, tho some reports say 67

1941 - Connie L Harris born in August

1943 - Arthur DeWayne Harris (Connie's brother) born

1950 - Lane attended Brewster High School, on debate squad in Brewster WA 

1950s - Lane was in the US Navy, unknown which years

1958-1963? - Arthur attended three years at Landmark Baptist College in San Jose CA, earned a BA degree in Religious Studies from Sacramento Baptist College and Seminary in Sacramento CA, accredits most of his Bible education and indoctrination to his father, AA Harris

1960 - AA Harris pastored Eastside Missionary Baptist Church of East Wenatchee WA, unknown for how long he had pastored there

1960 - Lane was saved in Wenatchee WA in April; Lane was baptized by AA Harris in East Wenatchee WA on July 9; married Connie same day in Modesto CA, married by her father AA Harris

1961 - Brian Lane Lawless (son of Lane and Connie) born in April; unknown when his brother Brett was born

1963 - AA Harris (Connie's father) pastored the Douglas Street MBC of Omak WA, unknown for how long he had pastored there

1963 - Arthur ordained by his father AA Harris and began his pastorate work in May; was first pastor of Sovereign Grace MBC of Mountain View CA, unknown what year/s

1971 - Lane was called to the ministry on April 6 and ordained August 20 (four months later) by the Winton MBC

1971-1972 (?) - Lane pastored Beacon MBC of Redding CA

1973-1974 - Lane pastored Grace MBC of Gardena CA, all the other pastors at Grace MBC had been there for several years, yet Lane was there only one year

1974 - Landmark MBC of Salinas CA authorized mission work in Mountain View CA which resulted in the formation of the Sovereign Grace MBC of Mountain View CA; Arthur was their first pastor

1975 - Lane sent out by Salinas MBC of Salinas CA to do mission work in Eureka CA

1975 - Lane pastored Sovereign Grace MBC of Mountain View CA

1976 - Lane living in San Jose CA

1978? to present - Arthur pastor of Alisal Baptist Church of Salinas CA for over 31 years, Dean of the Alisal Baptist Institute Theological Seminary, distributes monthly sunday school literature to various churches of like faith

1979 - Lane living in San Jose CA

1981 - Melissa Chantel Lawless (Lane and Connie's daughter) born in February in Orange County CA.........
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #363 on: May 12, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »

1981 - Melissa Chantel Lawless (Lane and Connie's daughter) born in February in Orange County CA.........
Wyks
Isn't Melissa C Lawless Huckaby actually the grandaughter to Connie and Lane and the daughter of Brian?
  LM
Lynbit
Scared Monkey

« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2009, 01:25:25 AM »

http://adjix.com/cshc

((edit - likely totally untrue and worse than the NE))

By the way, I just banned this poster for this POST AND RUN
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:18:22 PM by klaasend » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2009, 09:20:13 AM »

This is all very sad    I notice the phrases "a source" and "the source" are used without information as to who the source really is. These things might be true and were leaked, and depending on the circumstances, this person leaking might be subject to facing charges, as I believe much surrounding this case was sealed.  In this day and age we want information and we want it fast.  I'm not certain  we should always have it, if it may jeopardize the case.   If the things said in this article are false, then we have more rumor and speculation, nothing more. JMHO 

As far as the comments this article says about Danny Cantu and what he says, same thing.  Who is the source?  Who interviewed him?  It says "Canny Cantu has said..." when and where did he say this?  He may very well have said it, but if so, when and where?  And what else was said?  No source given to time, place, whether in a interview, said to neighbor said to law enforcement...etc.  Law enforcement has been very quiet on this case and I think it's because they are being careful to make sure it doesn't turn into a media frenzy that could affect the trial.  I wouldn't want to see this case go like Caylee Anthony's, which turned into a three ring circus, and ended up so much about Casey Anthony and her family and not about the victim Caylee.  Rant over.  All just my own humble opinion.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:18:40 PM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2009, 09:22:45 AM »

Lynbit ~  I'm sorry about my poor manners, guess I need more coffee...  Hello and welcome to Scared Monkeys!  Your first post was quite interesting. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #367 on: May 13, 2009, 10:11:52 AM »

I saw this "BNO" article a few days ago.  No offense, and Lynbit, I am not directing this at you (WELCOME TO SM!) but I was really hoping no one would post this trash from BNO.  And that's what it is--trash.  BNO is a start-up "twitter-based" news "agency" from the Netherlands that is trying hard to break into the news arena as a "breaking news source."  It has no credibility as a news organization (it's really just a bunch of twitterers who purport to be journalists) which is why none of the reputable news agencies picked up on this "story" and why probably none of us ever heard of the organization until they spammed this "story."  In fact, this falsehood was spammed all over the SearchForSandra site provided by Fox40.  I wish Fox40 would remove it.  So what does this story really say?  It says that an unnamed "source" "CLAIMED" something is true (not what a source in the know SAID was true), then went on to say the information would not come out until AFTER the trial.  Anyone can CLAIM anything they want, and then hedge the "story" by saying you'll find out if the "Claim" is true or not AFTER the trial.  (What about during the trial?)  This story has as much credibility as the reports a few weeks ago that the gag order was being partially lifted which, of course, proved to be false too, and was also leaked by "a source."  It's amazing the lengths some "organizations" will go to try to make a name for themselves, even so far as to publish something like this purely for the shock value.  This is just ridiculous.  Why in the world would Sandra's father (who is subject to the gag order) or someone in the know jeopardize the state's case against MH by talking to a BNO twitterer/journalist?  And to an "organization" based in the Netherlands to boot!  The answer is simple--they wouldn't.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:19:07 PM by klaasend » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »

And now for some HAPPY NEWS!  Or, at least news with a HAPPY ENDING!  God Bless this little child.  I can't imagine what she experienced, but WOW! is she a fighter.  The last sentence of the article is priceless.  I suppose the little girl buried herself in the nude just to see if she could dig her way out. . .

NorCal Man Charged In Abduction Of 3-Year-Old Girl

YREKA, Calif. (AP) ― 

A Northern California man has been charged with attempted murder in the brief disappearance of a 3-year-old girl who told police she was buried alive.

Siskiyou County Superior Court Judge Robert Kaster ordered 22-year-old Kody Kaplon of Hornbrook, a small community 270 miles north of Sacramento, held for trial.

According to testimony from Yreka Police Sgt. Ray Boutin, the girl told investigators her abductor took most of her clothes, choked her and buried her. She then dug herself out.

Kaplon is charged with kidnapping, attempted murder and five counts of sexual assault.

The girl disappeared from her home in March. Later that day, a group of miners working near the Oregon border found the girl shivering under a bush near Kaplon's car, wearing only a T-shirt.

Defense attorney Andy Marx disputes the girl's story.

http://cbs13.com/local/yreka.abduction.girl.2.1008055.html

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »

YAY WYKS!!!
You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
This is for the very informative and organized post you made on the Photos & Facts ONLY
Very helpful, indeed...
(That's why I'm posting my THANKS on this thread)

Thanks lonemonkey, and you're welcome!     And that monkey is sooooo cute! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »

Wyks
Isn't Melissa C Lawless Huckaby actually the grandaughter to Connie and Lane and the daughter of Brian?
  LM

thanks for catching that, lonemonkey!  Yes of course that's what it should be, eep! 

Maybe one of our wonderful mods can edit that for me plzzzzzzzzzz?? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2009, 10:41:28 AM »

Hi Lynbit and welcome! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #372 on: May 13, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »

JessStar, thanks for letting us know about that news site, I hadn't heard about it before, possibly neither had Lynbit and others. 

This does bring up something I have wondered about.  In some cases, such as this one and Haleigh's for example, we get info released by some in the media who refer to having gotten that info from "a source".. "a reliable source" .. "an unnamed source" .. "my sources say", etc. 

Art Harris does this on his blog site with nearly every article he writes.  Some attorneys have done this as well.  And so has others in the media, news or blogs, etc.  So many folks take the info released and run with it as fact, and most times so far it has turned out to be factual. 

Am just wondering, how is the average person surfing the web supposed to know which to believe and which to take with a grain of salt?  Is it the credibility of the one reporting the info received from a 'source', that we believe what they say without question?  And if so, is it really possible that they are rarely if ever wrong?  <gasp>

Also am thinking, there may be actual facts in what some are reporting as having come from a "source", even tho they are not as well known as others, and may just not have achieved full credibility with the public yet. 

While writing this, (and coffee is starting to kick in.. lol), I realize it likely does boil down to the credibility of the one reporting.  But how are we to know?  Or is it about past experiences with that person or agency?         

Example, I used to take whatever I heard on CNN as gospel truth.  Until I realized that even those reporters can be biased, have a slant and an agenda. 

I've been on the other side of this as well, in a high profile case of a missing person, with a reliable and unnamed source.  I wanted for others to believe the facts that I was sharing from this source, it's why that person stepped forward, to let folks know which was fact and which was rumor.  I know what it feels like to be sharing facts to dispel the rumors etc, and have most folks believe what I shared from the source, yet some say 'uh hmmmm.. why should we believe you?'.  The person was too scared of the perp to come fully forward themself and gave their info only thru me and the owner of that private forum.  So how would we have been any different than say a person or agency with no credibility yet, since we are just average folks? 

How is it any different for any of us doing research and coming up with some nugget of factual info that no one was aware of or had connected yet?  Such as what we are doing in tracking down just who the heck ARE the Lawless family and what could they be doing. 

There *can be* facts in what we read being shared by others, credible or not.  How do we sort out which of that is true and which is not? 

I sure hope this all made some sense!!   

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #373 on: May 13, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »

WELCOME!!!
Thank you for this post...
It's a heart crusher, but I think this has been what many monkeys have feared!  It's part of why there is SO Much wonderful, hard work from the monkeys on the case.
Thanks Again!
  LM

Daniel Cantu - Sandra's Daddy

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:19:28 PM by klaasend » Logged
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »

I WISH I Wish I wish...
I wish some generous philanthropist would buy them a new home!!!!!!! an angelic monkey
If I was ssuper rich...I would in a heart beat.........
Who could blame her . . .

Source: Cantu's Mom Wants To Move From Mobile Home Park
Bad Memories Haunt Mother, Friend Says

POSTED: 4:06 pm PDT May 8, 2009
UPDATED: 7:49 pm PDT May 8, 2009

TRACY, Calif. -- The police checkpoint is gone from the front of Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park where candles, flowers and and stuffed animals sat in memoriam for 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

According to a friend of Maria Chavez, Cantu's mother, KCRA 3 has learned that Chavez wants to move away from the mobile home park because memories of her daughter and the events that took place at the park are too much to bear.

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #375 on: May 13, 2009, 12:12:46 PM »

Mornin' Wyks!!!
As usual you bring up great points...
I have been wondering about some of the same things you pointed out, too.  I am also wondering if indeed we may see more of these "sources" as things progress due to the Gag Order and overall lack of information.
This is a case where people really have a lot of questions that NEED answers!!!!

As a native of Calif....
Watching the Florida judicial system and it's SUNSHINE Laws has been a real eye opener for me....
I wish we had those SAME laws!!!!

What did you monkeys think of :
1) the mention that source is not guilty
2) the statement the church is a cult with 13 members
3) the statement the pastor is not involved
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: May 13, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »

(link deleted)

From the BNO Newsroom.

Lynbit- No offense, but I find it unfortunate your first post here would be of an article that contains inflammatory BS and quotes no one as some have pointed out already. You posted that on my site last night and I deleted it from the comments from that very reason. Unless you wrote it, this is not a slight on you, but that article could by read by this girl's family, and I can assure you those comments did not come from Mr. Cantu.
B
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #377 on: May 13, 2009, 12:30:41 PM »

Blink & Klaas...
Sorry for my posts...I thought they were being honest....
Please delete what is not relevant that I posted!!!
  LM
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »

Morning lonemonkey, and thanks!   

It IS frustrating when a gag order is placed and with it goes any chance of finding anything out before trial.  And yet.. it's understandable, for both sides.  Just frustrating.  Cuz trial could be a year or two down the road, and we still have to wait til after that. 

And yeppers, wish every state would do as Florida does, with their Sunshine Law.  We've been very spoiled ya know, in some of the cases occuring there, with all that has been released.  Am thinking that in Caylee's case, we know wayyyyyyy more than we ever needed to know.  Yet some of us still have even more questions.   

To go from that case, to this one, where there is nothing but a bunch of zipped lips, is beyond frustrating!  Even before the gag order went into effect, LE was being very tight-lipped about everything.  I don't want it to become a circus either.  Gosh, isn't there a happy middle ground? 

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2009, 02:14:09 PM »

Morning lonemonkey, and thanks!   

It IS frustrating when a gag order is placed and with it goes any chance of finding anything out before trial.  And yet.. it's understandable, for both sides.  Just frustrating.  Cuz trial could be a year or two down the road, and we still have to wait til after that. 

And yeppers, wish every state would do as Florida does, with their Sunshine Law.  We've been very spoiled ya know, in some of the cases occuring there, with all that has been released.  Am thinking that in Caylee's case, we know wayyyyyyy more than we ever needed to know.  Yet some of us still have even more questions.   

To go from that case, to this one, where there is nothing but a bunch of zipped lips, is beyond frustrating!  Even before the gag order went into effect, LE was being very tight-lipped about everything.  I don't want it to become a circus either.  Gosh, isn't there a happy middle ground? 

I agree Wyks!
And it just seems like if we could have some crumbs of info...it might be better than people speculating and then rumors running rampant...

What's to do if no one can set the record straight.
And saying that it would be too inflammatory to release Sandra's cause of death ...etcc....just makes some peoples imaginations run off with them...
It seems like a little info...would help strike a happy medium.
Just my thoughts!
  LM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.