March 28, 2024, 05:25:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517101 times)
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: June 11, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »

Looks to me as if the good Mr. Testa is through playing games with Melissa Huckaby and her counsel.  It's time to hold her feet to the fire.  This is a pretty aggressive maneuver.  To me, it shows that Testa has nothing but the utmost of confidence in his case.  In essence, it says "Judge, if she doesn't enter a plea, the Court is empowered by statute to enter a "not guilty" plea on her behalf.  I want to you to do that, because I want my preliminary hearing, and I want my trial.  Let's get this show on the road."  Kudos to him.

I agree Jess, if she does enter a plea by Friday which I think she will, I guess her line in the sand has been drawn. Who this woman thinks is going to come to her aid is beyond me.

I just really want to hear what MH's defense is/will be....???

i totally agree!!!!
alot of other situations/crimes i could think of a million excuses/defenses but this is gonna have to be a good one, and by good i mean pathetic no way ur chitting me kinda defense...
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #641 on: June 11, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »

Looks to me as if the good Mr. Testa is through playing games with Melissa Huckaby and her counsel.  It's time to hold her feet to the fire.  This is a pretty aggressive maneuver.  To me, it shows that Testa has nothing but the utmost of confidence in his case.  In essence, it says "Judge, if she doesn't enter a plea, the Court is empowered by statute to enter a "not guilty" plea on her behalf.  I want to you to do that, because I want my preliminary hearing, and I want my trial.  Let's get this show on the road."  Kudos to him.

I agree Jess, if she does enter a plea by Friday which I think she will, I guess her line in the sand has been drawn. Who this woman thinks is going to come to her aid is beyond me.

I just really want to hear what MH's defense is/will be....???

i totally agree!!!!
alot of other situations/crimes i could think of a million excuses/defenses but this is gonna have to be a good one, and by good i mean pathetic no way ur chitting me kinda defense...
You're funny!
I, for one, think this is gonna be a DOOZY of a story when ALL is said and DONE!  If only we had Florida's SUNSHINE LAWS!!!!!  If only...
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #642 on: June 11, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »

Why would her lawyer(s) delay in entering a plea ? I don't have your legal expertise, but don't they have to plea not guilty in capital cases ?
Is there some legal stategy in this ?
Or are they just trying to delay all of the other hearings that follow a plea ?

Under Section 1017 of the California Penal Code, a defendant may plead guilty to a capital offense with the consent of his/her counsel.

jaggard19
Scared Monkey

« Reply #643 on: June 12, 2009, 02:43:41 AM »

ATTENTION!  ATTENTION!  ATTENTION!
Please read this article.  It is something that only 17 states currently have but ALL 50 STATES SHOULD HAVE IT!

http://wjz.com/local/DNA.police.match.2.1041592.html

I realize I posted this in the early hours, but I will bump this during the days to make sure everyone sees this.

The DNA samples are taken from anyone ARRESTED for any crime (even not paying parking tickets).

It is something we can do to move in the right direction.
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #644 on: June 12, 2009, 10:10:25 AM »

Hello Monkeys - I've been out of town and out of touch -

Isn't MH going to court today ?  Seems quiet out here.  The Lawless case seems quiet too. 
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2009, 10:32:05 AM »

Hello Monkeys - I've been out of town and out of touch -

Isn't MH going to court today ?  Seems quiet out here.  The Lawless case seems quiet too. 

You know, its really freaking me out lately, i dnt know if its related or anything, but i went to the coast last weekend and on the way out of town we go thru/over the top of Grants Pass (which is where the Lawless Ranch is that gma held MH lil boy) anyways, there is a HUGE warehouse very close to and visible from the free way and it is a Lawless Roofing Co. it freaks me out driving passed it and makes me wonder if they are connected anyone have any insight?
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #646 on: June 12, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »

Post 133: "Comment by Slient one — June 12, 2009 @ 11:01 am
 http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/05/26/sandra-cantu-case-melissa-huckaby-bombshell-huckaby-has-toddler-son/#comment-1487154

On KCRA 3 today is says:  Meanwhile, Huckaby’s grandparents, pastor Lane Lawless and wife Connie, are seeking custody of Cameron,

Could this be the missing son?
The article says daughter (which we all know is Madison) but here the name Cameron is mentioned! Could this be who everyone has been looking for?"

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: June 12, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »

Who has custody of madison? i know that they were in GP with grandparents, madison and brother, but who actually has custody right now?
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #648 on: June 12, 2009, 02:11:14 PM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/05/26/sandra-cantu-case-melissa-huckaby-bombshell-huckaby-has-toddler-son/#comment-1487154

On KCRA 3 today is says:  Meanwhile, Huckaby’s grandparents, pastor Lane Lawless and wife Connie, are seeking custody of Cameron,

The article says daughter (which we all know is Madison) but here the name Cameron is mentioned! Could this be who everyone has been looking for?"

Hey Sacs!
 NG opening narration tonight Sacs,
SHOULD be......
B O M B S H EL L

How much you wanna make a bet she does not even mention Sandra's case at all?!
Hope I'm wrong!
I think it's just quiet today...'cuz we have been working SO hard on researching this case...
Give it a couple of hours (also I think many of us are on the West coast out here) so it's 11:10 am here.
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #649 on: June 12, 2009, 02:12:37 PM »

Who has custody of madison? i know that they were in GP with grandparents, madison and brother, but who actually has custody right now?

Judy Lawless was granted temp. custody pending a court date set in July...
It's a nasty custody battle brewing!
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #650 on: June 12, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/19730133/detail.html
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #651 on: June 12, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »

Hey Sacs!
SHOULD be......
B O M B S H EL L

Hope I'm wrong!
I think it's just quiet today...'cuz we have been working SO hard on researching this case...
Give it a couple of hours (also I think many of us are on the West coast out here) so it's 11:10 am here.

I think it is just a mistake

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #652 on: June 12, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »

Hey Sacs!
SHOULD be......
B O M B S H EL L

Hope I'm wrong!

What is a mistake, Catbert?

I think it is just a mistake
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #653 on: June 12, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »

Hey Sacs!
SHOULD be......
B O M B S H EL L

Hope I'm wrong!
You will hear about what's going on before us - I'm in CDT.  Is this a close or open proceeding ?
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #654 on: June 12, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »

Meanwhile, Huckaby's grandparents, pastor Lane Lawless and wife Connie, are seeking custody of Cameron, Huckaby's daughter. So is the girl's father, Johnny Huckaby, who has little contact with his daughter.

Yes, Catbert
This could be a mistake...
But that's a pretty darn lame mistake on the part of that journalist, if that's the case....
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #655 on: June 12, 2009, 02:42:30 PM »

Hey Sacs!
SHOULD be......
B O M B S H EL L

Hope I'm wrong!
You will hear about what's going on before us - I'm in CDT.  Is this a close or open proceeding ?

With the Gag Order in place it is closed to a certain degree.  However, media is allowed access inside.  But no cameras or tape recorders are allowed in.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #656 on: June 12, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys!  (East Coast time for me).  Hope everyone is having a great day.

I've been on the Caylee thread, reading the lastest document dump, (nothing of note there).  But I wanted to check to see how things are going for Sandra.  Looks like we are about an hour away from the hearing.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=61043&catid=2

STOCKTON, CA (AP) -- The former Sunday school teacher charged with the sex killing of an 8-year-old Tracy girl is due in a Stockton courtroom at 1:00 pm.

San Joaquin County prosecutor Thomas Testa wants 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby to enter pleas this time.

This will be Huckaby's fourth court appearance on murder, rape and kidnapping charges in the death of Sandra Cantu, whose body was stuffed into a suitcase and dumped in a canal.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: June 12, 2009, 03:06:23 PM »

(snipped):

Melissa Huckaby goes back to court Friday, and there's pressure from the San Joaquin County District Attorney's office to force her to enter a plea.

Prosecutor Tom Testa is asking the judge to enter a plea even if Melissa Huckaby refuses to do so, and also wants to set a preliminary hearing date -- eliminating the need for a grand jury.

Former defense attorney and current Humphreys College law professor John Schick said a grand jury could mean lengthy legal challenges. However, Schick doesn't think Melissa Huckaby is a candidate for the death penalty.

"She doesn't have prior convictions, never been involved in crimes of violence, those are the kinds of things that in my experience have been in a person's background," Schick said.

Most legal experts who talked to KCRA 3 also think that the case will be moved out of San Joaquin County because of pretrial publicity.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: June 12, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »

I'll check back later to see if there are any updates after t he hearing.   an angelic monkey

Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2009, 03:21:59 PM »

(snipped):

Melissa Huckaby goes back to court Friday, and there's pressure from the San Joaquin County District Attorney's office to force her to enter a plea.

Prosecutor Tom Testa is asking the judge to enter a plea even if Melissa Huckaby refuses to do so, and also wants to set a preliminary hearing date -- eliminating the need for a grand jury.

Former defense attorney and current Humphreys College law professor John Schick said a grand jury could mean lengthy legal challenges. However, Schick doesn't think Melissa Huckaby is a candidate for the death penalty.

"She doesn't have prior convictions, never been involved in crimes of violence, those are the kinds of things that in my experience have been in a person's background," Schick said.

Most legal experts who talked to KCRA 3 also think that the case will be moved out of San Joaquin County because of pretrial publicity.

Where do they think they can go to get away from the publicity ?  Oregon ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.