March 29, 2024, 03:14:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517233 times)
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #680 on: June 12, 2009, 05:10:56 PM »

If anyone would like to light a candle for Sandra today, here is a great site:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Cantu

I'll catch you all later.   an angelic monkey

Thanks SO much for postingCecean angelic monkey
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #681 on: June 12, 2009, 05:19:30 PM »

J U S T I C E
GODSPEED

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #682 on: June 12, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »

One more... an angelic monkey
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #683 on: June 12, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »

Hi monkeys,

Don't know if anyone caught Oprah's powerful show today regarding pedophiles and the lack of funding to pursue and track these guys.  Please go to Oprah's website where all the links are active, and everything you need is there.

Snipped from Oprah's website today:

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090220-tows-adam-walsh-act

Help Get Funding for the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
Adam Walsh

The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act was passed on July 25, 2006—20 years after Adam Walsh's abduction. The act established a National Sex Offender Registry law, but recent news reports reveal most states will not be in compliance with the law by the upcoming July 2009 deadline.

Act Now!

It's time to bail out our kids. Make your voice heard by imploring your senators and state representatives to comply with Adam's law and give it full funding.

Don't know what to write? Use our sample letter.

To contact your senator: Go to Senate.gov to find contact information for the senators in your state. Search for your senator by name or state by clicking the arrow from either drop-down menu. Contact information will be provided. To send an e-mail, click on Web Form below his or her name. E-mail your letter to make a difference.

To contact your state representative: Go to House.gov and click on Write Your Representative in the upper left-hand corner. Select your state from the drop-down menu, and enter your ZIP code, including the four-digit ZIP code extension. Contact information will be provided. To send an e-mail, click on Send a Message. On the state representative's page, click on E-mail the Congressman/Congresswoman, and e-mail your letter to make a difference. (continued at the above link)

As you can see, Oprah and John Walsh have made it pretty easy for us to let our legislators know that we want these laws funded.

I know we all express our frustration about these sickos running free and hurting our children.  I think it's time to let our legislators know that we put our kids and their protection first.

Thanks, Monkeys. an angelic monkey

Helen Back
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #684 on: June 12, 2009, 05:47:44 PM »

Connie and Lane Lawless want custody of the little girl? WHAT???? We have to get moving monkeys, this man cannot have access to this little one, no, no way, no how! We know he is up to know good, we know his family has been up to no good, now we have to have the ammunition to prove this. Our dead line is approaching I suppose in July, YIKES!!!
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #685 on: June 12, 2009, 06:40:57 PM »

Connie and Lane Lawless want custody of the little girl? WHAT???? We have to get moving monkeys, this man cannot have access to this little one, no, no way, no how! We know he is up to know good, we know his family has been up to no good, now we have to have the ammunition to prove this. Our dead line is approaching I suppose in July, YIKES!!!

It is a possible scenario that MH is taking the rap for what someone else helped her with or did...
I think there was most likely at least one or two others with MH when she committed this atrocious act.  And it's possible that her child/ren are being held as "ransom" ...so that she sticks to the story.  There may be threats we do not know about making her family far more terrifying than LE...
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #686 on: June 12, 2009, 07:23:53 PM »

It is a possible scenario that MH is taking the rap for what someone else helped her with or did...
I think there was most likely at least one or two others with MH when she committed this atrocious act.  And it's possible that her child/ren are being held as "ransom" ...so that she sticks to the story.  There may be threats we do not know about making her family far more terrifying than LE...
  LoneMonkey - I would say - let MH talk.  I'm going to evaluate the negatives and possitives in the "No Guilty" plea.  I would imagine, if she is proven wrong - adios.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: June 13, 2009, 01:21:26 AM »

This is a bit off topic but I tell you Monkeys  this young teen lived through hell. If you don't mind  my sharing this here. Kyle deserves to have his story told. He was a kidnapped victim and some how lived through horrible and unimaginable abuse at the hands of 4 cowards.

http://tracypress.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=2716740-Tortured+teen+testimony+released&article-Tortured%20teen%20testimony%20released%20=&widget=push&instance=home_news_bullets&open=&#cb_post_comment_2716740

Tortured teen testimony released
by Jennifer Wadsworth/ TP staffJun 12, 2009 | 123 views | 1  | 1  |  |  A 16-year-old allegedly tortured for a year inside a Tracy home told a grand jury that he escaped because his captors talked about killing him and dumping his body in the Delta.

Afraid for his life, the boy — called Kyle in court papers — fled the Tennis Lane home on Dec. 1 by unlocking himself from the fireplace to which he was chained and using a trampoline to hop over the backyard wall. He then limped across an adjacent parking lot and into the lobby of a sports club, where employees called police for help.

After he heard his alleged captors talking on speakerphone about how they planned to cut off his fingers with a meat cleaver, Kyle said he knew then that he had to find a way out.

“I had to hurry up and leave or it was just going to be the end from there,” he said in a newly unsealed 928-page transcript of a grand jury hearing that led to a slew of indictments against the four adults accused of imprisoning Kyle.

Husband and wife Michael Schumacher and Kelly Lau were arrested in December along with next-door neighbor Anthony Waiters and a woman named Carén Ramirez who called herself Kyle’s mom. Police said they starved, drugged and beat the boy for as many as 18 months after he fled a Sacramento group home in spring 2007.

The four could spend life in prison if found guilty of the several charges of torture, kidnapping, false imprisonment, assault with caustic chemicals and other forms of abuse. All except Schumacher pleaded not guilty to all charges. He has yet to enter a plea. The four are due in court again on June 18.

Kyle told the grand jury that the abuse escalated from slapping and punching to slicing flesh and drawing blood for offenses as minor as forgetting to feed the dog or for taking food to slake his hunger.

Waiters once sliced Kyle’s arm with a steak knife, Kyle said. Ramirez held his arm down and Kyle screamed, the boy alleged. Kyle said that afterwards, the pair poured bleach on his cuts and doctored them with salt and butter before wrapping his arm in a paper towel.

Other times, Ramirez, Lau and Waiters would stick an aluminum baseball bat into the fireplace and brand Kyle’s back, the teen said.

“Carén and Kelly came up with the idea of, like, heating the bat up, and then I guess they started branding me with the bat,” Kyle said.

The boy said Schumacher would sometimes punch him in the face until he passed out. Kyle also said he was chained to the fireplace, where he was forced to sleep most nights.

Lau used a belt once to choke him until he lost consciousness, Kyle said. She allegedly strapped a belt around his neck and buckled it. He dropped to the fireplace hearth and his arm fell on the grate while the fire blazed, he said.

“When I first woke up, I didn’t know what happened or anything,” he said. “So then I immediately noticed my arm was, like, discolored and everything, and I was, like, really freaking out, and at first I didn’t feel anything.”

To treat the burn, Kyle said Ramirez would just pour bleach on it. His wounds scabbed over and became infected.

The boy said he never saw a physician and had been kept out of school since the eighth grade.

He said he hasn’t seen his mother, Susan Barnett, since he was about 8 years old, when Ramirez somehow obtained custody of him and his brother. Barnett has since died.

Kyle said Ramirez talked him into running away from a Sacramento foster home. He wound up living with her and a woman named Catherine Cockrell in Pleasanton. Cockrell introduced Ramirez to Lau and Schumacher, who opened up their home to the pair in July 2007.

From there, Kyle recounts horrific abuse. He said the family forced him to do all the chores and make him kneel for hours on the floor until his knees hurt. He said he was hit constantly and never got to shower. The family, he said, would rarely call him by his real name, and Ramirez, he added, would refer to him as “Iggit.”

Kyle was allegedly abused nearly every day until he bled, and that’s the only reason he ever got new clothes, he said.

Sometime in fall 2008, Lau poured him a cup of “Red Hot Damn,” a spicy cinnamon liquor, said Waiters’ niece, Chelsea Waiters, 16. She said Kyle drank it, got sick and vomited. Lau then screamed at him, Chelsea told grand jurors.

At other times, the adults would force him to chew marijuana and make him drink liquor, the boy said.

The four Schumacher children, ages 1 through 9, said they understood that what was happening to Kyle was “bad,” but they didn’t want to tell anyone. The oldest child said she actually liked that Kyle lived with her family because he would hang out with her and help her with homework.

Grand jurors also interviewed detectives, friends and family of both the victim and the suspects and neighbors.

• Contact Tracy Press reporter Jennifer Wadsworth at 830-4225 or jwadsworth@tracypress.com.

ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #688 on: June 13, 2009, 02:17:38 AM »

If anyone would like to light a candle for Sandra today, here is a great site:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Cantu

I'll catch you all later.   an angelic monkey

Thanks SO much for postingCecean angelic monkey

Thanks for posting, that is nice.

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
ChiChi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #689 on: June 13, 2009, 02:21:02 AM »

This is a bit off topic but I tell you Monkeys  this young teen lived through hell. If you don't mind  my sharing this here. Kyle deserves to have his story told. He was a kidnapped victim and some how lived through horrible and unimaginable abuse at the hands of 4 cowards.

http://tracypress.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&id=2716740-Tortured+teen+testimony+released&article-Tortured%20teen%20testimony%20released%20=&widget=push&instance=home_news_bullets&open=&#cb_post_comment_2716740

by Jennifer Wadsworth/ TP staffJun 12, 2009 | 123 views | 1  | 1  |  |  A 16-year-old allegedly tortured for a year inside a Tracy home told a grand jury that he escaped because his captors talked about killing him and dumping his body in the Delta.

Afraid for his life, the boy — called Kyle in court papers — fled the Tennis Lane home on Dec. 1 by unlocking himself from the fireplace to which he was chained and using a trampoline to hop over the backyard wall. He then limped across an adjacent parking lot and into the lobby of a sports club, where employees called police for help.

After he heard his alleged captors talking on speakerphone about how they planned to cut off his fingers with a meat cleaver, Kyle said he knew then that he had to find a way out.

“I had to hurry up and leave or it was just going to be the end from there,” he said in a newly unsealed 928-page transcript of a grand jury hearing that led to a slew of indictments against the four adults accused of imprisoning Kyle.

Husband and wife Michael Schumacher and Kelly Lau were arrested in December along with next-door neighbor Anthony Waiters and a woman named Carén Ramirez who called herself Kyle’s mom. Police said they starved, drugged and beat the boy for as many as 18 months after he fled a Sacramento group home in spring 2007.

The four could spend life in prison if found guilty of the several charges of torture, kidnapping, false imprisonment, assault with caustic chemicals and other forms of abuse. All except Schumacher pleaded not guilty to all charges. He has yet to enter a plea. The four are due in court again on June 18.

Kyle told the grand jury that the abuse escalated from slapping and punching to slicing flesh and drawing blood for offenses as minor as forgetting to feed the dog or for taking food to slake his hunger.

Waiters once sliced Kyle’s arm with a steak knife, Kyle said. Ramirez held his arm down and Kyle screamed, the boy alleged. Kyle said that afterwards, the pair poured bleach on his cuts and doctored them with salt and butter before wrapping his arm in a paper towel.

Other times, Ramirez, Lau and Waiters would stick an aluminum baseball bat into the fireplace and brand Kyle’s back, the teen said.

“Carén and Kelly came up with the idea of, like, heating the bat up, and then I guess they started branding me with the bat,” Kyle said.

The boy said Schumacher would sometimes punch him in the face until he passed out. Kyle also said he was chained to the fireplace, where he was forced to sleep most nights.

Lau used a belt once to choke him until he lost consciousness, Kyle said. She allegedly strapped a belt around his neck and buckled it. He dropped to the fireplace hearth and his arm fell on the grate while the fire blazed, he said.

“When I first woke up, I didn’t know what happened or anything,” he said. “So then I immediately noticed my arm was, like, discolored and everything, and I was, like, really freaking out, and at first I didn’t feel anything.”

To treat the burn, Kyle said Ramirez would just pour bleach on it. His wounds scabbed over and became infected.

The boy said he never saw a physician and had been kept out of school since the eighth grade.

He said he hasn’t seen his mother, Susan Barnett, since he was about 8 years old, when Ramirez somehow obtained custody of him and his brother. Barnett has since died.

Kyle said Ramirez talked him into running away from a Sacramento foster home. He wound up living with her and a woman named Catherine Cockrell in Pleasanton. Cockrell introduced Ramirez to Lau and Schumacher, who opened up their home to the pair in July 2007.

From there, Kyle recounts horrific abuse. He said the family forced him to do all the chores and make him kneel for hours on the floor until his knees hurt. He said he was hit constantly and never got to shower. The family, he said, would rarely call him by his real name, and Ramirez, he added, would refer to him as “Iggit.”

Kyle was allegedly abused nearly every day until he bled, and that’s the only reason he ever got new clothes, he said.

Sometime in fall 2008, Lau poured him a cup of “Red Hot Damn,” a spicy cinnamon liquor, said Waiters’ niece, Chelsea Waiters, 16. She said Kyle drank it, got sick and vomited. Lau then screamed at him, Chelsea told grand jurors.

At other times, the adults would force him to chew marijuana and make him drink liquor, the boy said.

The four Schumacher children, ages 1 through 9, said they understood that what was happening to Kyle was “bad,” but they didn’t want to tell anyone. The oldest child said she actually liked that Kyle lived with her family because he would hang out with her and help her with homework.

Grand jurors also interviewed detectives, friends and family of both the victim and the suspects and neighbors.

• Contact Tracy Press reporter Jennifer Wadsworth at 830-4225 or jwadsworth@tracypress.com.

Seriously, we saw this on Fox 40 tonight...what the hell is wrong with people anymore.  That one gal was a damned GIRL SCOUT LEADER... great.... poor kid, what a bunch of sick F@!@'s.  I pray that this boy get the much needed therapy he needs.  I hope they smash these people and give them life in prison. I've driven by that In Shape so many times.... freaky.

~ Repeated history is forgotten history.  Let us not forget ~

RIP: Natalee, Caylee, Sandra, Chelsea and Amber
Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #690 on: June 13, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »

Seriously, we saw this on Fox 40 tonight...what the hell is wrong with people anymore.  That one gal was a damned GIRL SCOUT LEADER... great.... poor kid, what a bunch of sick F@!@'s.  I pray that this boy get the much needed therapy he needs.  I hope they smash these people and give them life in prison. I've driven by that In Shape so many times.... freaky.

My first thought when reading this, was the child has an active imagination.  It is bizarre and almost unbelievable.  But now I wonder.

I was talking to my friend this morning, she told me about the women who drove her car into water with her 4-5 children, because they were a hindrance to her with her new boyfriend - she escaped, but the children died.  Another story about a Mother drowning her 6 young children in the bathtub, one by one.

It makes me want to vomit.  Why don't they give them up for adoption ?  Why kill them ?  What is going on in our new world ?  Apparently, having children is too much of a burden - thank heaven - this is kept to a small number (I hope).
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: June 13, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »

Sacsayhuan~  have you been to the "Crimes Against Children" area at Scared Monkeys?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=9.0

The number of children that are scalded, starved, beaten, abused, sometimes killed by their own families is staggering.  And the cases here at SM are only a few, that we have time to be able to post.  I know some days I have to step away from that area because it is so sad.  And what is really sad are children are being abused at the hands of those that should love them and sometimes it's never brought to light.  There are children that are missing and not even reported for months or years.  There are cases in our missing persons threads of children that are gone, and I suspect some of them were murdered by their own families. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #692 on: June 13, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »

LoneMonkey - I would say - let MH talk.  I'm going to evaluate the negatives and possitives in the "No Guilty" plea.  I would imagine, if she is proven wrong - adios.

Good morning everyone.  It's much too early to evaluate the effect of MH's Not Guilty plea.  There's no surprise there for me.  It's her attorney's way of forcing the DA to the preliminary hearing stage, which is what the DA wants.  That will be held on September 24th, and on every subsequent Thursday & Friday until it is complete.  I don't know if the Court will close the doors to the public for the Prelim, but if not, brace yourselves.  You'll be hearing the prosecution's case for the first time.  At the Prelim, the prosecution has the burden of proving to the court that sufficient evidence exists to hold the defendant for trial.  While the prosecution will not show all its cards, you'll get a pretty good glimpse of the case.  There's also a possibility that as the date grows closer, MH will waive the preliminary hearing.  We may know the status of that on September 8th.  Assuming the Prelim goes forward, MH will have the opportunity to replead.  But I don't expect her plea to change.

Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #693 on: June 13, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »

Good Morning Monkies and the Lone Monkey!  Where is Jess Star ?  I can't wait to hear Jess Star's opinion on the "NO Guilty" Plea.   

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #694 on: June 13, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »

Sacsayhuan~  have you been to the "Crimes Against Children" area at Scared Monkeys?

The number of children that are scalded, starved, beaten, abused, sometimes killed by their own families is staggering.  And the cases here at SM are only a few, that we have time to be able to post.  I know some days I have to step away from that area because it is so sad.  And what is really sad are children are being abused at the hands of those that should love them and sometimes it's never brought to light.  There are children that are missing and not even reported for months or years.  There are cases in our missing persons threads of children that are gone, and I suspect some of them were murdered by their own families. 

Unfortunately, MuffyBee is right.  Crimes against children are much more prevalent than people think.  In fact, I just read a news article from Warren, Michigan yesterday where a grandmother choked to death her 4 year old granddaughter. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-granddaughterslai,0,4380844.story

That's why I am lobbying hard here for us to put together a grass roots movement for change.  Funding this isn't a political issue.  It doesn't matter which side of the political spectrum you're on.  It's merely a matter of persistence, dedication, and the willingness to fight for what's undeniably right-the protection of our kids.  The crime will never be stopped, but a dedicated program can put a big dent in it. 

It's a shame that the FBI is given a mere $30 million a year to battle child exploitation crimes when this country squanders away billions upon billions of dollars a year.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: June 13, 2009, 10:17:16 AM »

Good Morning Monkies and the Lone Monkey!  Where is Jess Star ?  I can't wait to hear Jess Star's opinion on the "NO Guilty" Plea.   

Gee, thanks Sacs!  I think our posts crossed in the mail!   

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #696 on: June 13, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »

Thanks JessStar for you informative opinion. Traceygirl, thanks for posting that article about Kyle. MuffyBee, I think this is time for me for the day to walk away after reading what these inhuman people did to that boy, it is horrific and I can't comprehend that at all. Between what people do to other people and animals, I can't figure out what goes on inside their heads. I guess it is good not to be able to figure that out, but at the same time, I want to know how these people think 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: June 13, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »

My first thought when reading this, was the child has an active imagination.  It is bizarre and almost unbelievable.  But now I wonder.

I was talking to my friend this morning, she told me about the women who drove her car into water with her 4-5 children, because they were a hindrance to her with her new boyfriend - she escaped, but the children died.  Another story about a Mother drowning her 6 young children in the bathtub, one by one.

It makes me want to vomit.  Why don't they give them up for adoption ?  Why kill them ?  What is going on in our new world ?  Apparently, having children is too much of a burden - thank heaven - this is kept to a small number (I hope).

Sadly his body was all of the evidence needed to prove every bit of the abuse he suffered.

I have driven by that house hundreds of times, if I only knew what this child was going through I would have helped him. You know the neighbors around this house, not the evil monster next door but the ones on the other side and across the street could see this boy was in trouble. The little girl who lives across the street had spent the night and witnessed abuse, such as Kelly Lau forcing Kyle to eat a housefly, screaming at him, cursing him, forcing him to sleep by the garage door on a little mat as a dog would. This girl went home and told her grandmother who did nothing! No call to police, no call to CPS, nothing! Oh wait, she said her granddaughter could not go there anymore! What???? Was Kyle not good enough to help???? She even admits to seeing how Kyle was looking thin and sickly, she wondered why he was not going to school, had no shoes...She knew but CHOOSE to look away! Shame on her, shame, shame, shame! She could have helped him. I hope for the rest of her life she feels the selfish decision she made by not getting involved.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #698 on: June 13, 2009, 02:37:31 PM »

So true Muffy...and it happens on a daily basis right in our own back yards 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #699 on: June 13, 2009, 02:38:38 PM »

Sorry if this is a repeat post>>>

13 June 2009 10:26AM
Huckaby’s Not Guilty Plea Could Lead to Lengthy Preliminary Hearing

STOCKTON, Calif. (KCBS)-- The not guilty plea by the Tracy woman accused of murdering Sandra Cantu has set the stage for what could be a lengthy preliminary hearing.

Prosecutors say the hearing for 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby will last six days, but Bay Area Attorney Steven Clark says that is “a conservative estimate” and that it will likely last must longer because of the special circumstances surrounding the sexual assault and the two new charges filed last month. In May, prosecutors filed new complaints against the former Sunday School teacher for allegedly poisoning a seven-year-old girl in January and an adult man in March.
http://www.kcbs.com/Huckaby-s-Not-Guilty-Plea-Could-Lead-to-Lengthy-Pr/4593870

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.