March 29, 2024, 03:44:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517236 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #720 on: June 17, 2009, 11:11:44 AM »

Is there something in the water in Tracy, California? This blog post leads to an article about the torture a teenage boy suffered while held captive in Tracy and it just turns my stomach. The blog post mentions both the Cantu case and what happened to this teenage boy in Tracy so I linked to it instead of individual news articles about the separate stories.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: June 17, 2009, 08:31:25 PM »

Don't miss Dana Pretzer tonight.
www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

Sacsayhuan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: June 18, 2009, 10:42:05 AM »

Now, I am on high alert - Omalu and Wecht connection.  Apparently, Omalu testified against Dr. Wecht in a federal corruption case in the past.  We are going to have to check this out.  Omalu did the autopsy on Sandra.  I see trouble coming our way.
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #723 on: June 18, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »

Hey Sacs...
Check this out....

Good afternoon everyone. Just jumped on real quickly to correct a misstatement in one of tha above posts. Cyril Wecht did not conduct the Sandra's autopsy. So don't worry about what some may think is an odd COD in the Carradine case. I'm working mobilly right now, so I can't pull up the doctor's name that performed the autopsy, but he is a very well-respected pathologist, and the current ME for Joaquin County. He practiced under Wecht for many years. I know Cyril Wecht fairly we'll. Once you get passed his ego, he's likely one the finest MEs in the world. With that said, I wouldn't laugh at his prelim COD for Carradine. Believe it or not, despite how weird it sounds,erotic asphyxiation occurs more often than one might think. There have been several deaths associated with it in recent years. Let me know if you want me to go into the details. It's probably OT here though.

Here's the story on the ME for Sandra Cantu's autopsy
You can read the full article here:

http://www.kron.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/1174/reftab/36/t/Defense-Attacks-Credibility-of-Pathologist-in-Sandra-Cantu-Case/Default.aspx

Defense Attacks Credibility of Pathologist in Sandra Cantu Case
Created by Administrator Account on 4/23/2009 5:24:39 PM

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Though Melissa Huckaby's attorneys plan to withdraw their motion to exhume Sandra Cantu's body, the prosecution and defense remain on a collision course over the forensic evidence from her autopsy.

The defense is attacking the credibility of the pathologist whose findings will be used to support charges that Melissa Huckaby raped the 8-year-old--an allegation that could bring the death penalty if the one-time Sunday school aide is convicted. Huckaby is scheduled to make her second court appearance Friday.

At the center of the conflict is San Joaquin County's chief medical examiner, Dr. Bennet Omalu, who has been in the spotlight before.

The 40-year-old neuropathologist gained national media attention for his research on the damaged brains of dead NFL players.

He is also a government witness in a federal corruption case against his former boss, celebrity pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht, who has earned millions of dollars investigating high-profile deaths, including those of Elvis Presley and JonBenet Ramsey.

In a phone interview with The Associated Press before a judge issued a gag order in the case, Public Defender Peter Fox questioned Omalu's objectivity.

Several attorneys in his office have complained that Omalu's opinions in other homicide cases they were defending were biased toward the prosecution, said Fox, who declined to detail specific cases where defense attorneys have questioned Omalu's work.

Omalu could not comment on Fox's claims because of the gag order, according to a San Joaquin County Sheriff's spokesman.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #724 on: June 18, 2009, 10:11:17 PM »

Now, I am on high alert - Omalu and Wecht connection.  Apparently, Omalu testified against Dr. Wecht in a federal corruption case in the past.  We are going to have to check this out.  Omalu did the autopsy on Sandra.  I see trouble coming our way.

Don't be concerned.  I am VERY familiar with this case.  VERY familiar with it.  The case centered around the question of whether Wecht was using his public office for private gain, i.e., whether he was using his position as ME to promote his private work as a forensic pathologist.  That's what is meant by "corruption."  Most of the case was thrown out of court after a jury hung on all 84 counts.  The case then made the trip to the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals.  The Court ruled that the trial judge on the case was biased toward the prosecution and removed him from the case.  While the court also held that Wecht could be retried, its opinion strongly suggested that the prosecution drop the case.  The case was transferred to another division of court, and the government attempted a retrial.  After some bad rulings, about 2 weeks ago, the government dismissed the case. 

The overall consensus was that the case against Wecht was politically motivated.  Omalu was subpoenaed to testify "against" Wecht because he worked with Wecht during the time period Wecht was engaged in the alleged "corruption."  He was basically asked whether Wecht ever asked him to do private work on public time.  He gave some innocuous answers which, if considered "corruption" as the government wanted to define it, I'd venture to guess that every public official was guilty of corruption.  That's how truly ridiculous it was.  Omalu was NEVER implicated in Wecht's alleged, and yet unproven, scheme.

The end result of all of this is that the government spent millions of dollars of taxpayer money chasing a political agenda and lost miserably.  It not only came up completely empty by failing to prove ANY of its allegations, but its obvious political motivation and "scolding" by the 3rd circuit was and continues to be an embarrassment.  Significantly, I want everyone to understand that this alleged "corruption" had NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING to do with the credibility, efficacy, strength, etc. of Wecht's or Omalu's work as forensic pathologists.  Their work is unparalleled. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #725 on: June 22, 2009, 05:59:41 PM »

Tree to be planted in memory of slain 8-year-old Sandra Cantu
June 22, 4:33 PM

Wednesday, the family of Sandra Cantu and city officials will plant a tree in honor of the murdered girl.

Her favorite color was pink, so the tree will be a pink crepe myrtle. The 2-foot-tall tree and money to take care of it for a few years was donated by Calif. Sen. Barbara Boxer.

The tree will be planted at Kenner Park in Tracy, Calif., which is near Jacobsen Elementary, the school Sandra attended.

Last month, a Southern California family donated a playhouse to the school in Sandra’s memory, and Landscape Structures, Inc. recently donated a $46,500 playground to the school.

Sandra went missing on May 27, and her body was found April 6 inside a suitcase in a drained irrigation ditch.

Melissa Huckaby, a neighbor and Sunday school teacher is charged with Sandra’s abduction, rape, and murder.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m6d22-Tree-to-be-planted-in-memory-of-slain-8yearold-Sandra-Cantu

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #726 on: June 22, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »

Thanks for posting that Nut44.  It's good to know she is not being forgotten.
I will forever call ma'am Senator Boxer.  That was very generous.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #727 on: June 22, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »

Yes that was generous. I had emailed her after the memorial, and I received an email from her last week, she does seem to care about children's issues.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #728 on: June 22, 2009, 06:29:01 PM »

NoRose, I agree.  When folks do good things, it should be acknowledged.  I have tried (not good a research) to find the landscape company as well.  I wanted to send them an e-mail or a letter of thanks.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: June 23, 2009, 08:47:09 PM »

Don't miss DANA PRETZER coming up in about 15 minutes.  Click here to listen to the show:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: June 24, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »

Yes that was generous. I had emailed her after the memorial, and I received an email from her last week, she does seem to care about children's issues.

What incredibly thoughtful gestures.  Kudos to them for keeping Sandra's spirit and memory alive. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: June 26, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »

Hello everyone!
Wanted everyone that left a message for the poster for Sandra, I will be taking it soon. I have had a family crises in the past week and I have been dealing with that. I have some of the messages written out, I have the stuffed monkey and will be taking it as soon as I can get there.
Sorry for the delay, I hope you understand.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: June 26, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »

Hello everyone!
Wanted everyone that left a message for the poster for Sandra, I will be taking it soon. I have had a family crises in the past week and I have been dealing with that. I have some of the messages written out, I have the stuffed monkey and will be taking it as soon as I can get there.
Sorry for the delay, I hope you understand.
Hope everything is better for you, take care  an angelic monkey
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #733 on: July 05, 2009, 11:02:05 AM »

Still praying for Justice for Sandra. Sandra, you have not and will not be forgotten.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: July 05, 2009, 02:28:07 PM »

Still praying for Justice for Sandra. Sandra, you have not and will not be forgotten.
  an angelic monkey
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #735 on: July 05, 2009, 04:02:48 PM »

an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: July 05, 2009, 04:26:15 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m7d3-Grand-jury-to-decide-if-Huckaby-will-stand-trial-for-Sandra-Cantu-murder
Grand jury to decide if Huckaby will stand trial for Sandra Cantu murder
July 3, 5:43 PM
Beginning July 20, a secret grand jury is expected to convene to decide if Melissa Huckaby should stand trial for the kidnapping, rape, and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

The proceeding will last about two weeks and take the place of Huckaby’s preliminary hearing scheduled for Sept. 24.

According to The Record, this would keep key facts of the case from the public until the accused murderer’s jury trial. Such facts may include Huckaby’s motive for the murder and exactly how Sandra was killed.

Huckaby, a Sunday school teacher and neighbor of Sandra’s is charged with kidnapping, rape with a foreign object, lewd and lascivious acts on a child under age 14, and murder. On June 12, she pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Huckaby faces a potential death sentence if convicted of the crimes.
This image provided by the San Joaquin County Seriff's department shows the booking photo of Melissa Huckaby taken Saturday April 11, 2009. Huckaby, a Sunday school teacher, was arrested and charged with kidnapping and killing a California girl whose body was found in a suitcase. Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman says 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby was arrested after voluntarily going to police for questioning about the death of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. (AP)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: July 05, 2009, 04:29:23 PM »

http://www.kcbs.com/Huckaby-Trial-Goes-To-Grand-Jury/4735463
Posted: Saturday, 04 July 2009 11:54AM

Huckaby Murder Case Goes To Grand Jury

TRACY, Calif. (KCBS)  -- Beginning later this month, a grand jury is expected to convene to decide if Melissa Huckaby should stand trial for the kidnapping, rape, and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

The proceeding will last about two weeks and take the place of Huckaby's preliminary hearing.

"The prosecution wants to go grand jury on this case because it preserves the testimony without making the testimony public. They can put on all of their evidence and the devastating impact of that evidence won't make its way into the public until the time of trial. This may save the prosecution from saving a change of venue motion," said Steven Clark, a former prosecutor who has been following the case.

Clark says the grand jury proceeding could speed up the entire process, meaning Melissa Huckaby could go to trial in as little as 6-months.

Huckaby, a Sunday school teacher and neighbor of Sandra’s is charged with kidnapping, rape with a foreign object, lewd and lascivious acts on a child under age 14, and murder. On June 12, she pleaded not guilty to the charges.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #738 on: July 05, 2009, 04:48:54 PM »

Thanks Muffy for that info!
I ask myself this question frequently Monkeys...
"Will the TRUTH of what happened to Sandra, be any WORSE than what we already imagine most likely happened to her???"
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: July 05, 2009, 09:32:38 PM »

I am SOOOOOO happy to hear this.  This is great news, although it will keep us in the dark a little longer.  This Testa guy is the real deal.  He's got all the angles covered.  Great strategy, Mr. Testa.  I've been wondering whether he was going to go this route, given the September preliminary hearing date and the fact that it would be heard only 2 days a week.  It would take weeks to complete it, and he'd have to show all his cards.  He's playing this right.  Way to go!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.