March 29, 2024, 05:50:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517260 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #740 on: July 05, 2009, 11:41:52 PM »

thanks for posting the information MB.
Last evening I went to our towns 4th of July celebration at the high school. I missed most of the festivities do to a sick child.  It begins in the morning with a hot air ballon lift off, then a pancake breakfast, parade, fun at Lincoln park and finally fireworks at Tracy High. It is so much fun and everyone young and old has a great time. I thought of Sandra as I watched along with a few thousand others as fireworks went off. I wonder if Sandra was there last year and if she was as excited as my children were. It breaks my heart into a million little peices to have her found the way she was, and to believe some of the things which could have happened and why. She was a little innocent girl, so bright and full of life, she shined as brightly  as did the fireworks last night and she was just as beautiful as anything.

There will be justice for you Sandra not the type of justice that is wrapped into a little box so no one feels afraid or uncomfortable but real justice. We will get to the bottom of everything, I promise little sweet girl.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: July 06, 2009, 12:03:07 AM »

http://www.kcbs.com/Huckaby-Trial-Goes-To-Grand-Jury/4735463
Posted: Saturday, 04 July 2009 11:54AM

Huckaby Murder Case Goes To Grand Jury

TRACY, Calif. (KCBS)  -- Beginning later this month, a grand jury is expected to convene to decide if Melissa Huckaby should stand trial for the kidnapping, rape, and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

The proceeding will last about two weeks and take the place of Huckaby's preliminary hearing.

"The prosecution wants to go grand jury on this case because it preserves the testimony without making the testimony public. They can put on all of their evidence and the devastating impact of that evidence won't make its way into the public until the time of trial. This may save the prosecution from saving a change of venue motion," said Steven Clark, a former prosecutor who has been following the case.

Clark says the grand jury proceeding could speed up the entire process, meaning Melissa Huckaby could go to trial in as little as 6-months.

Huckaby, a Sunday school teacher and neighbor of Sandra’s is charged with kidnapping, rape with a foreign object, lewd and lascivious acts on a child under age 14, and murder. On June 12, she pleaded not guilty to the charges.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #742 on: July 06, 2009, 01:11:48 PM »

Last evening I went to our towns 4th of July celebration at the high school. I missed most of the festivities do to a sick child.  It begins in the morning with a hot air ballon lift off, then a pancake breakfast, parade, fun at Lincoln park and finally fireworks at Tracy High. It is so much fun and everyone young and old has a great time. I thought of Sandra as I watched along with a few thousand others as fireworks went off. I wonder if Sandra was there last year and if she was as excited as my children were. It breaks my heart into a million little peices to have her found the way she was, and to believe some of the things which could have happened and why. She was a little innocent girl, so bright and full of life, she shined as brightly  as did the fireworks last night and she was just as beautiful as anything.

There will be justice for you Sandra not the type of justice that is wrapped into a little box so no one feels afraid or uncomfortable but real justice. We will get to the bottom of everything, I promise little sweet girl.

I'm with you, Traceygirl.  The 4th was full of emotion for me too.  We set fireworks off in my backyard.  The kids really enjoyed it.  A couple times I was saddened by the thoughts of Sandra and Nevaeh.  At least MH is in jail.  I was angered by the thought that whoever murdered Nevaeh was probably out celebrating the 4th as well without a care in the world.  Yet he/she murdered an innocent little child.  My blood boils when I think about that.  That SOB needs to pay.  And he/she will.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: July 06, 2009, 04:37:54 PM »

I'm with you, Traceygirl.  The 4th was full of emotion for me too.  We set fireworks off in my backyard.  The kids really enjoyed it.  A couple times I was saddened by the thoughts of Sandra and Nevaeh.  At least MH is in jail.  I was angered by the thought that whoever murdered Nevaeh was probably out celebrating the 4th as well without a care in the world.  Yet he/she murdered an innocent little child.  My blood boils when I think about that.  That SOB needs to pay.  And he/she will.

Jess whoever killed little neveah is, I am sure it, sweating bullets and jumping at every knock on the door. This person must know their time walking as a free person is coming to a close. I can not wait until I read her killer is behind bars.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: July 06, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »

Jess whoever killed little neveah is, I am sure it, sweating bullets and jumping at every knock on the door. This person must know their time walking as a free person is coming to a close. I can not wait until I read her killer is behind bars.

Yeah, you're probably right, TG.  I'm hoping that his/her relatives, family, friends, employers are courageous enough to report changes in behavior, not showing up for work, and so forth.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: July 07, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »

A little something to counterbalance that hideous mugshot of MH:

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #746 on: July 08, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

Snipped:
http://cbs13.com/local/huckaby.custody.battle.2.1076759.html

Jul 8, 2009 6:34 am US/Pacific
Melissa Huckaby's Ex-Husband Wins Custody Battle
More Local News
TRACY (CBS13) ―

The ex-husband of the woman accused of kidnapping and killing Sandra Cantu has won custody of the couple's own daughter.

Melissa Huckaby's ex-husband has won custody of their 5-year-old daughter.

25-year-old Johnny Huckaby has been granted custody of their daughter, Madison.

Court records show that Melissa's mother, Judy Lawless, will be allowed to visit the girl, but cannot allow her contact with her mother.

Melissa Huckaby is accused of murdering 8-year-old Sandra Cantu in Tracy whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase in April.

Related Stories

* Tree Planted In Honor Of Sandra Cantu
      (6/24/2009)
    * Prosecutor In Huckaby Case Wants A Plea
      (6/9/2009)
    * Tracy Church Where Huckaby Taught Is Vandalized
      (5/26/2009)
    * Huckaby Charged With Poisoning A Child, Adult
      (5/23/2009)
    * Custody Battle Brewing Over Huckaby's Daughter
      (5/21/2009)
    * Huckaby Appears In Court But Does Not Enter Plea
      (4/24/2009)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #747 on: July 08, 2009, 12:46:57 PM »

Murder Suspect's Ex Gets Custody Of Daughter
Huckaby Accused Of Killing Tracy Girl
POSTED: 5:55 am PDT July 8, 2009

STOCKTON, Calif. -- The ex-husband of a Tracy murder suspect has won custody of their daughter. Court records filed Monday in Orange County show 25-year-old Johnny Huckaby, the ex-husband of 28-year-old Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby, has been granted custody of their 5-year-old daughter, Madison.

Melissa Huckaby's mother, Judy Lawless, will be allowed to visit the 5-year-old, but cannot allow the girl to have contact with her mother.

Melissa Huckaby is accused of murdering, raping and kidnapping 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, whose body was found in April. She has pleaded not guilty.

Cantu's disappearance from a Tracy mobile home park attracted national media attention. The child's body was found in a suitcase in an irrigation pond north of Tracy.

Lawless had asked the court to let Madison live with her, saying the girl had spent most of her life there and had little contact with Johnny Huckaby, who lives in Arkansas. http://www.kcra.com/news/19989709/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #748 on: July 08, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »

Hopefully Madison can live a life that is somewhat normal...poor little girl, seems she is a victim in all of this too.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: July 08, 2009, 03:39:55 PM »

A little something to counterbalance that hideous mugshot of MH:

I love that pic of Sandra, just makes me smile.  She had such a sweet little face::MonkeyAngel::
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #750 on: July 08, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »

STOCKTON, Calif. -- The ex-husband of a Tracy murder suspect has won custody of their daughter. Court records filed Monday in Orange County show 25-year-old Johnny Huckaby, the ex-husband of 28-year-old Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby, has been granted custody of their 5-year-old daughter, Madison.

Melissa Huckaby's mother, Judy Lawless, will be allowed to visit the 5-year-old, but cannot allow the girl to have contact with her mother.

Melissa Huckaby is accused of murdering, raping and kidnapping 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, whose body was found in April. She has pleaded not guilty.

Cantu's disappearance from a Tracy mobile home park attracted national media attention. The child's body was found in a suitcase in an irrigation pond north of Tracy.

Lawless had asked the court to let Madison live with her, saying the girl had spent most of her life there and had little contact with Johnny Huckaby, who lives in Arkansas. http://www.kcra.com/news/19989709/detail.html
what about the son????  the secret second child???

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #751 on: July 08, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days.  My youngest sister suffered a massive stroke sometime over the weekend, I found her Monday afternoon.  But even now, I pray for justice for all the silent victims, God-willing my sister will come out of her silence -- for the others we will continue to be their voice.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: July 08, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days.  My youngest sister suffered a massive stroke sometime over the weekend, I found her Monday afternoon.  But even now, I pray for justice for all the silent victims, God-willing my sister will come out of her silence -- for the others we will continue to be their voice.

You and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers.  Please let us know how she is doing.  I pray she will recover. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: July 08, 2009, 10:38:50 PM »

Sister - I'm so sorry to hear about your youngest sister.  I'm praying along with you she wakes up from her silence. 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #754 on: July 08, 2009, 10:42:53 PM »

You and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers.  Please let us know how she is doing.  I pray she will recover. 

Thank you so very much.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: July 08, 2009, 10:44:57 PM »

Sister - I'm so sorry to hear about your youngest sister.  I'm praying along with you she wakes up from her silence. 

Thank you also for your prayers.  I believe God has great plans for her when she starts being her chatty self again.  I believe in miracles.  I do appreciate your prayers so very much.  It may seem like the least we can do, but it truly is the best we can do.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: July 08, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »

Absolutely, TracyGirl, -- Amen.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #757 on: July 08, 2009, 10:50:13 PM »

Muffy, I started a candle for her under Conni -- if you would help me keep it lit, I would so dearly appreciate it.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: July 08, 2009, 10:50:35 PM »

Oh sister i am so sorry to learn of this. Prayers for your sister and a ((((hug))))) for you.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: July 08, 2009, 10:51:25 PM »

what about the son????  the secret second child???

Good question!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.