March 28, 2024, 04:30:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517169 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: July 08, 2009, 10:56:14 PM »

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days.  My youngest sister suffered a massive stroke sometime over the weekend, I found her Monday afternoon.  But even now, I pray for justice for all the silent victims, God-willing my sister will come out of her silence -- for the others we will continue to be their voice.

Oh sister i am so sorry to learn of this. Prayers for your sister and a ((((hug))))) for you.

Prayers for her 2 sons too, I am so proud of them.  They are not only stepping up to the plate, they are acting on their love for their Mom.  We are staying around the clock and doing shifts so every time she opens her eyes, someone who loves her is there.  I just had to come home tonight to be in my own space for a while.  Thank you deeply for your prayers.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: July 08, 2009, 11:17:32 PM »

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days.  My youngest sister suffered a massive stroke sometime over the weekend, I found her Monday afternoon.  But even now, I pray for justice for all the silent victims, God-willing my sister will come out of her silence -- for the others we will continue to be their voice.

Oh sister i am so sorry to learn of this. Prayers for your sister and a ((((hug))))) for you.

Prayers for her 2 sons too, I am so proud of them.  They are not only stepping up to the plate, they are acting on their love for their Mom.  We are staying around the clock and doing shifts so every time she opens her eyes, someone who loves her is there.  I just had to come home tonight to be in my own space for a while.  Thank you deeply for your prayers.

Sister~  is this the link for your sisters candles?  http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=conni

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #762 on: July 08, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »

Sister~  is this the link for your sisters candles?  http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=conni

yes, it was the only way I knew how to do it
 geek

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #763 on: July 08, 2009, 11:28:31 PM »

Oh, Count on me for prayers, Sister!!!! an angelic monkey
Much Love to You, Your Sis, and your Family!!!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #764 on: July 08, 2009, 11:52:58 PM »

Oh Lone, thank you.  Your beautiful pictures are so wonderful.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: July 09, 2009, 02:08:19 AM »

Oh Lone, thank you.  Your beautiful pictures are so wonderful.
an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: July 11, 2009, 01:59:28 PM »

Explanation of the poster delay..In case you are wondering why it is taking me so long...I am waiting for an opportunity when I do not have my autistic son with me. It is not a place I can go with him. His summer visit with his father is coming up, I will do it then, I promise you, I am no Dolce 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #767 on: July 11, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »

Explanation of the poster delay..In case you are wondering why it is taking me so long...I am waiting for an opportunity when I do not have my autistic son with me. It is not a place I can go with him. His summer visit with his father is coming up, I will do it then, I promise you, I am no Dolce 

Your little monkey is so cuteeeeeee!  Take your time, cause I've got your number -- your number = wonderful, sensitive, kind, patient, trustworthy.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: July 11, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »

Thank you all for the updates & links.  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

To light a candle for Sandra:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Cantu

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #769 on: July 11, 2009, 04:15:23 PM »

Thank you all for the updates & links.  I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Thank you CeCe, lighting the candles means so much to my spirit.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: July 11, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »

thank you cece...still waiting for justice for Sandra.. an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: July 12, 2009, 01:40:41 AM »

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Father+gets+custody+of+Melissa+Huckaby-s+daughter%20&id=2913438-Father+gets+custody+of+Melissa+Huckaby-s+daughter&instance=home_news_bullets

Father gets custody of Melissa Huckaby's daughter
by Jennifer WadsworthJul 08, 2009 | 1301 views | 5  | 9  |  |  The ex-husband of Melissa Huckaby — the suspected killer of 8-year-old Tracy girl Sandra Cantu — was on Monday granted sole custody of the couple’s daughter, court records show.

Johnny Huckaby reached a settlement with his former mother-in-law, Judy Lawless, which allows her to visit 5-year-old Madison Huckaby as long as the little girl has no contact with her mother, according to papers filed in Orange County Superior Court.

Melissa Huckaby has been held in solitary confinement in the San Joaquin County Jail since her April 10 arrest. Johnny Huckaby lives in Arkansas and Lawlesses in the Southern California city of Cypress.

A hearing brief filed Monday by Johnny Huckaby’s attorney says Madison has been “flourishing” under her father’s care. The couple married in 2004 and divorced in 2005.

The brief says Judy Lawless has been unable to prove that it would be detrimental to the girl’s well-being to be in her father’s custody.

“Madison has been doing exceptionally well in her father’s custody,” wrote Johnny Huckaby’s attorney, Ann Thompson, in the brief.

The week after Tracy police arrested Melissa Huckaby on suspicion of kidnapping, raping and killing Sandra, her ex-husband asked a judge to grant him custody of his daughter.

He included in his petition a copy of the criminal charges against Melissa Huckaby and accused her of having tried to commit suicide by swallowing razor blades.

Madison used to play with Sandra, her mother told the Tracy Press the day of her arrest. Madison was living with her mom and great-grandparents in Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park, where Sandra also lived, before her mother was jailed. After Melissa Huckaby’s arrest, Madison’s grandparents, Judy and Brian Lawless, took the girl to live with them in Cypress, according to court papers.

A judge in April granted Johnny Huckaby temporary custody of his daughter. Judy Lawless then asked the court to reconsider and allow her to keep the girl. She argued that Johnny Huckaby was an estranged father and lived 1,700 miles away for much of Madison’s life.

Johnny Huckaby in turn accused Judy Lawless of lying about Madison’s whereabouts to keep her from him. The court sided with him and Madison now lives in Arkansas with a step-brother, half-sister and a step-mom.

Prosecutors accuse Melissa Huckaby of murder with special circumstances of rape by instrument and kidnapping. They added charges that she drugged a 7-year-old girl in January and a 36-year-old Hayward man in March.

Sandra went missing on March 27. After a widespread search, farmworkers on April 6 found her lifeless body in a black suitcase. Police arrested Melissa Huckaby four days later.

The Stockton Record reported last week that prosecutors will take the case to a grand jury, which will reportedly convene on July 20.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #772 on: July 12, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »

I am really pleased to hear that Madison is living with her father and is doing so well  an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #773 on: July 12, 2009, 12:57:55 PM »

I love the word "flourishing" -- my prayers with Madison's dad and the adjustments with her new family.  May God watch over them all.

I found it very interesting that no kind of shared custody was granted.  Leads me to believe the accusations against the Dad were unfounded.  Although the justice system often fails, I still have confidence in it.  The Judge and the Dad know the world is watching and IMO would only do the best for Madison.

Next question -- where is the son?  Wherever he is, I pray for God's protection.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: July 12, 2009, 09:51:55 PM »

I love the word "flourishing" -- my prayers with Madison's dad and the adjustments with her new family.  May God watch over them all.

I found it very interesting that no kind of shared custody was granted.  Leads me to believe the accusations against the Dad were unfounded.  Although the justice system often fails, I still have confidence in it.  The Judge and the Dad know the world is watching and IMO would only do the best for Madison.

Next question -- where is the son?  Wherever he is, I pray for God's protection.

Thank goodness she is doing well! I bet this is the first "normal" life she has had
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: July 12, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »

Your little monkey is so cuteeeeeee!  Take your time, cause I've got your number -- your number = wonderful, sensitive, kind, patient, trustworthy.

Ahhh thank you sister...you are all those things and more! 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #776 on: July 12, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: July 12, 2009, 11:53:18 PM »

I'm wondering if Madison's mother was harming her, making her sick?  What is that Munchousen by Proxie or something like that?   Where the mom wants attention and sickens her child intentially.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: July 12, 2009, 11:56:05 PM »

I'm wondering if Madison's mother was harming her, making her sick?  What is that Munchousen by Proxie or something like that?   Where the mom wants attention and sickens her child intentially.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/munchausen.html

Munchausen by proxy syndrome (MBPS) is a relatively uncommon condition that involves the exaggeration or fabrication of illnesses or symptoms by a primary caretaker. One of the most harmful forms of child abuse, MBPS was named after Baron von Munchausen, an 18th-century German dignitary known for telling outlandish stories.

About MBPS
In MBPS, an individual — usually a mother — deliberately makes another person (most often his or her own preschool child) sick or convinces others that the person is sick. The parent or caregiver misleads others into thinking that the child has medical problems by lying and reporting fictitious episodes. He or she may exaggerate, fabricate, or induce symptoms. As a result, doctors usually order tests, try different types of medications, and may even hospitalize the child or perform surgery to determine the cause.

Typically, the perpetrator feels satisfied by gaining the attention and sympathy of doctors, nurses, and others who come into contact with him or her and the child. Some experts believe that it isn't just the attention that's gained from the "illness" of the child that drives this behavior, but also the satisfaction in being able to deceive individuals that they consider to be more important and powerful than themselves.

Because the parent or caregiver appears to be so caring and attentive, often no one suspects any wrongdoing. A perplexing aspect of the syndrome is the ability of the parent or caregiver to fool and manipulate doctors. Frequently, the perpetrator is familiar with the medical profession and is very good at fooling the doctors. Even the most experienced doctors can miss the meaning of the inconsistencies in the child's symptoms. It's not unusual for medical personnel to overlook the possibility of MBPS because it goes against the belief that a parent or caregiver would never deliberately hurt his or her child.

Children who are subject to MBPS are typically preschool age, although there have been reported cases in kids up to 16 years old, and there are equal numbers of boys and girls. About 98% of the perpetrators are female.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #779 on: July 13, 2009, 12:05:28 AM »

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/munchausen.html

Munchausen by proxy syndrome (MBPS) is a relatively uncommon condition that involves the exaggeration or fabrication of illnesses or symptoms by a primary caretaker. One of the most harmful forms of child abuse, MBPS was named after Baron von Munchausen, an 18th-century German dignitary known for telling outlandish stories.

About MBPS
In MBPS, an individual — usually a mother — deliberately makes another person (most often his or her own preschool child) sick or convinces others that the person is sick. The parent or caregiver misleads others into thinking that the child has medical problems by lying and reporting fictitious episodes. He or she may exaggerate, fabricate, or induce symptoms. As a result, doctors usually order tests, try different types of medications, and may even hospitalize the child or perform surgery to determine the cause.

Typically, the perpetrator feels satisfied by gaining the attention and sympathy of doctors, nurses, and others who come into contact with him or her and the child. Some experts believe that it isn't just the attention that's gained from the "illness" of the child that drives this behavior, but also the satisfaction in being able to deceive individuals that they consider to be more important and powerful than themselves.

Because the parent or caregiver appears to be so caring and attentive, often no one suspects any wrongdoing. A perplexing aspect of the syndrome is the ability of the parent or caregiver to fool and manipulate doctors. Frequently, the perpetrator is familiar with the medical profession and is very good at fooling the doctors. Even the most experienced doctors can miss the meaning of the inconsistencies in the child's symptoms. It's not unusual for medical personnel to overlook the possibility of MBPS because it goes against the belief that a parent or caregiver would never deliberately hurt his or her child.

Children who are subject to MBPS are typically preschool age, although there have been reported cases in kids up to 16 years old, and there are equal numbers of boys and girls. About 98% of the perpetrators are female.

That is so interesting you would say that -- I thought the same thing.  Maybe that is why she is flourishing.  My prayers with little Madison that she will not be scarred by her evil mother!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.