March 28, 2024, 03:29:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517165 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: July 27, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/20159177/detail.html
Angel Statue Intended For Cantu Family Stolen
Tracy Girl Slain Earlier This Year

POSTED: 2:31 pm PDT July 23, 2009
UPDATED: 2:49 pm PDT July 23, 2009
LATHROP, Calif. -- An angel statue intended for the family of slain 8-year-old Tracy resident Sandra Cantu has been stolen, a landscape business said.

Cantu's disappearance from a Tracy mobile home park, the discovery of her body and funeral drew nationwide media attention.

Relatives of Cantu wanted the 3-foot-tall angel to honor the memory of the girl, so it was ordered by Eden Garden and Landscape on South Manthey Road in Lathrop.

The angel arrived at the business and a "sold" sign was placed it.

But when Cantu's family arrived Thursday to pick it up, employees at the business realized someone had taken it.

Another angel was also taken from the business in recent weeks.

Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby earlier pleaded not guilty to kidnapping, raping and murdering Cantu, who disappeared from Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park in March.

Cantu's body was discovered a little more than a week later inside a suitcase dumped in a drainage pond north of Tracy.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #801 on: July 27, 2009, 03:36:19 PM »

That's just ridiculous, MuffyBee. I hope they replace it.

I suppose this is day 6 of the GJ. I hope it's going well.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: July 27, 2009, 04:26:57 PM »

JessStar, ditto -- what is going on?????

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #803 on: July 27, 2009, 04:31:24 PM »

What kind of sick individual would steal an angel statue for a murdered child? Everyday, I just get more and more disgusted with society. 
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #804 on: July 27, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »

Oh that's terrible! I hope that angel is promptly replaced.

Sandra's family has been through so much this passed year. They don't need this.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: July 28, 2009, 06:17:58 AM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/20159177/detail.html
Angel Statue Intended For Cantu Family Stolen
Tracy Girl Slain Earlier This Year

POSTED: 2:31 pm PDT July 23, 2009
UPDATED: 2:49 pm PDT July 23, 2009
LATHROP, Calif. -- An angel statue intended for the family of slain 8-year-old Tracy resident Sandra Cantu has been stolen, a landscape business said.

Cantu's disappearance from a Tracy mobile home park, the discovery of her body and funeral drew nationwide media attention.

Relatives of Cantu wanted the 3-foot-tall angel to honor the memory of the girl, so it was ordered by Eden Garden and Landscape on South Manthey Road in Lathrop.

The angel arrived at the business and a "sold" sign was placed it.

But when Cantu's family arrived Thursday to pick it up, employees at the business realized someone had taken it.

Another angel was also taken from the business in recent weeks.

Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby earlier pleaded not guilty to kidnapping, raping and murdering Cantu, who disappeared from Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park in March.

Cantu's body was discovered a little more than a week later inside a suitcase dumped in a drainage pond north of Tracy.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #806 on: July 28, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »

Just wanted you all to see this...O/T / sort of.... 
Woman Charged With Rape Of 9-Year-Old Girl
Police: Victim's Grandparents Knew Of Allegations Months Before They Surfaced
http://www.4029tv.com/news/20197416/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #807 on: July 28, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »

Nut, glad you brought it here.  Maybe need to start a thread or something about women who assault and abuse.  People just don't realize or want to believe it can happen.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #808 on: July 28, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »

Yes, thanks for bringing this forward. Unbelievable what happens to our children. It sickens me.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #809 on: July 29, 2009, 04:50:29 AM »

This world is getting worse and worse everyday.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: July 29, 2009, 08:03:59 AM »

This world is getting worse and worse everyday.

Yes, Tina Bee, worse and worse everyday:

ktla.com /news/landing/ktla-daughter-cliff-death,0,3239187.story

KTLA
Prosecutor: Dad Tossed Daughter Off Cliff to Avoid Child Support
KTLA News

July 28, 2009

LOS ANGELES -- A father charged with killing his 4-year-old daughter nine years ago is accused of tossing the girl off a 120-foot cliff to avoid paying child support.

Deputy District Attorney Craig Hum made those allegations against 47-year-old Cameron Brown Monday during opening statments in Brown's murder retrial in downtown Los Angeles.

Brown was charged with one count of murder and the special circumstance allegations of murder while lying in wait and murder for financial gain in the death of Lauren Sarene Key in November 2000.

Brown, a former American Airlines baggage handler, has pleaded not guilty and faces life in prison without parole if convicted.

Hum said that Brown killed Lauren because he didn't want to pay about $1,000 a month in child support.

Defense attorney Pat Harris countered that it was an accident when the girl fell from Inspiration Point in Rancho Palos Verdes.

The girl's mother, 40-year-old Sarah Key-Marer, took the witness stand to describe her relationship with Brown before and after the birth of her daughter.

Key-Marer said her dating life with Brown was fun and normal, yet took a downward turn when she accidentally became pregnant. She said Brown had no interest in becoming a father. The two, who met in the fall of 1995, split up in early 1996.

After Brown learned Key-Marer, was pregnant with Lauren, he first wanted her to have an abortion and then sought a paternity test that eventually proved he was the father, Hum said.

Only when forced to pay child support, Brown requested to see his daughter -- about three years after she was born, Hum said.

Soon after, Brown filed for joint custody and a reduction in child support.

Key-Marer said the meetings between Lauren and her father went well at first. But, she said, she later grew concerned over Brown's irresponsible actions around their daughter coupled with the girl's increasing anxiety before each meeting.

Hum argued that Brown and Lauren went out to the cliff where nobody could see them, and he "hurled" her into the Pacific Ocean.

"This man picked up Lauren, whom he fathered but was never a father to, and threw her off a cliff into the water below," Hum said.

Harris gave a different account of his client's relationship with his daughter, insisting the case was nothing more than "character assassination." He dismissed the prosecution's contention that it was a "good-versus-evil" struggle between Brown and Key-Marer.

"It was two parents trying to work out arrangements so they could have a happy child," Harris said.

Harris said Brown carried a picture of Lauren in his wallet, gave her gifts and toasted with his friends when he learned he would get visitation rights. Two weeks before her death, Brown filed court documents seeking more visits with Lauren, Harris said.

"It doesn't make sense," he said.

Key-Marer testified that her daughter wouldn't share what she did with Brown and Lauren was upset the day she died once she learned Brown would pick her up at school.

"She said, 'No, no I don't want to see him today,"' Key-Marer said. "She was crying and I had trouble getting her out of the car seat."

In a wrenching moment, Key-Marer said after talking to her daughter on the phone she decided to leave work early and pick up Lauren. But she soon learned that Brown had arrived early and she wouldn't be able to get there in time.

A police detective later told her the horrible news that her daughter had died after falling from a cliff.

Brown's first trial in 2006 ended with jurors unable to agree on whether he had committed murder or manslaughter.

Both sides intend to call experts to give their opinions on how Lauren died. Jurors will also take a trip to the cliff to see where the alleged crime occurred.

Edit to add link per JessStar: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-daughter-cliff-death,0,3239187.story   Thread for this case at Scared Monkeys: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5796.0
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:50:22 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: July 29, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »

The link was posted above the article.  For some reason it did not show up as a hyperlink.  The article can be found at:

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: July 29, 2009, 09:37:45 AM »

The link was posted above the article.  For some reason it did not show up as a hyperlink.  The article can be found at:

Sorry, let me try that again.  I think I see why it didn't recognize it as a hyperlink:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-daughter-cliff-death,0,3239187.story

Edit:  Thanks!  I've gone back and added the link to your post.     an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:51:45 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: July 31, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »

Well, if the media reports are accurate, the grand jury should be getting the case today. Everyone, please take a moment to say a prayer for Sandra, for a rock solid indictment, and for swift justice and exacting punishment.

God Bless You, Sandra.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: July 31, 2009, 06:47:09 PM »

Oh that's terrible! I hope that angel is promptly replaced.

Sandra's family has been through so much this passed year. They don't need this.

I agree Tina Bee.  Who would do such  a thing?

I visited your tribute to Sandra & it is beautiful.  Thank you for being here & sharing it with us.   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #815 on: July 31, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »

Well, if the media reports are accurate, the grand jury should be getting the case today. Everyone, please take a moment to say a prayer for Sandra, for a rock solid indictment, and for swift justice and exacting punishment.

God Bless You, Sandra.

Amen JessStar & Thank you.   an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: August 01, 2009, 10:02:03 AM »

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090801/A_NEWS/908010322/-1/NEWSMAP

STOCKTON - A criminal grand jury concluded its deliberations Friday afternoon in the case of Melissa Huckaby, a Tracy woman accused in the kidnapping, rape and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

The grand jury's decision to indict her - or not - will remain secret unless Huckaby, 28, is brought back to court for arraignment. The indictment would take the place of charges San Joaquin County prosecutors filed against her after her April 10 arrest.

Huckaby's next hearing before San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus is scheduled for Sept. 8.

For the past two weeks, witnesses have been called to testify before the grand jury. If they return an indictment, the case will next go to a trial in open court.

Huckaby is charged with slaying Sandra on March 27, the day the girl vanished. Huckaby and Sandra were both residents of Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park in Tracy. Farm workers found the girl's body 10 days later in a suitcase two miles north of town.

Huckaby's case was set for a September preliminary hearing. If the grand jury issues an indictment, the preliminary hearing won't be held, and key details of the case will remain out of the public's knowledge.

A judge's gag order has kept investigators and prosecutors from explaining a possible motive for the killing and how Sandra died. Legal experts have suggested prosecutors took it to a grand jury, where proceedings are always secret, to quiet the public interest in an attempt to prevent moving the trial out of San Joaquin County.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: August 01, 2009, 10:08:47 AM »

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story/push?article-City+overtime+pay+up-+revenues+down%20&id=3072354-City+overtime+pay+up-+revenues+down&instance=home_news_bullets

(snipped):

Johnston said the investigation into Sandra Cantu’s killing is the main factor that drove up costs for police overtime. The investigation consumed the department during the search for her in late March and early April and took time even after the suspect in her killing, Melissa Huckaby of Tracy, was arrested, city officials and police have said.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #818 on: August 01, 2009, 12:47:24 PM »

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story/push?article-City+overtime+pay+up-+revenues+down%20&id=3072354-City+overtime+pay+up-+revenues+down&instance=home_news_bullets

(snipped):

Johnston said the investigation into Sandra Cantu’s killing is the main factor that drove up costs for police overtime. The investigation consumed the department during the search for her in late March and early April and took time even after the suspect in her killing, Melissa Huckaby of Tracy, was arrested, city officials and police have said.
Thanks for that and the above article, I would imagine there is money set aside for cases like this in police depts, at least I would think so. I would hope nobody is complaining about the overtime.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: August 01, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwtCzlKf8-s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dwtCzlKf8-s&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.