March 28, 2024, 11:29:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #4 4/27/09 -  (Read 517140 times)
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1020 on: September 24, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »

Tommorow the court appearance to set trial date.  Correct?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1021 on: September 25, 2009, 04:48:19 AM »

I believe you are correct!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1022 on: September 25, 2009, 10:16:04 AM »

Justice for little Sandra  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1023 on: September 25, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »

http://cbs13.com/local/huckaby.trial.date.2.1207841.html
 Sep 25, 2009 11:02 am US/Pacific
No Trial Date Set For Melissa Huckaby
Indictment:     http://www.stocktoncourt.org/courts/news/Indictment_-_People_vs_Melissa_Huckaby_SF112495A.pdf
STOCKTON (AP) ―

A judge refused to set a trial date this morning for a Northern California woman charged with kidnapping, raping and killing an 8-year-old Tracy girl whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase.

Melissa Huckaby was in San Joaquin County Superior Court in Stockton. The 28-year-old former Sunday school teacher has pleaded not guilty to murdering Sandra Cantu, as well as to charges she drugged two other people.

Prosecutors were pushing for a speedy trial because they say younger witnesses who may testify could have a difficult time recalling specifics in the case. But the defense argued it is too early to set a trial date and the judge agreed.

San Joaquin County prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Huckaby, who was indicted in July following her arrest in April.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1024 on: September 25, 2009, 04:22:44 PM »

Forgive me for bursting in but..

Melissa is arrested in April...and six months later judge still has not set forth the trial date.  This is just wrong! Wrong for Sandra, her family and all of the victims of this monster.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1025 on: September 25, 2009, 07:07:43 PM »

Melissa is arrested in April...and six months later judge still has not set forth the trial date.  This is just wrong! Wrong for Sandra, her family and all of the victims of this monster.

While I agree to some extent, it's better than the alternative--an argument by the defense on appeal that MH was denied a fair trial in a death case for the sake of a few months.  If the appellate court agreed, and reversed a conviction, just think how faded the memories of the child witnesses, and perhaps the adult witnesses, would be then--a retrial that wouldn't take place until YEARS from now.  So, this is actually an ok ruling.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1026 on: September 25, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »

While I agree to some extent, it's better than the alternative--an argument by the defense on appeal that MH was denied a fair trial in a death penaltycase for the sake of a few months.  If the appellate court agreed, and reversed a conviction, just think how faded the memories of the child witnesses, and perhaps the adult witnesses, would be then--a retrial that wouldn't take place until YEARS from now.  So, this is actually an ok ruling.

Sorry, self-edit to add the word in red. . .

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1027 on: September 26, 2009, 04:34:35 AM »

Another female, God fearing, Church going, sexual abuser of children.  This time, a Pastor.

Calif. pastor jailed for drugging, abusing 5 girls
Prosecutors say woman forced kids to live in a hidden room with no heating

updated 4:16 a.m. ET, Sat., Sept . 19, 2009

MORENO VALLEY, Calif. - A California pastor has been sentenced to life in prison for beating and drugging her five adopted daughters and locking them in a garage.

Jessica Banks, 65, received consecutive life terms Friday after being convicted in July of sexually abusing two of her daughters and forcing all the sisters to go without food for days.

Banks was arrested in 2005 after one emaciated girl was found lying outside a Moreno Valley business.

Prosecutors say the sisters, who were ages 4 to 11 at the time, lived in a hidden room in Banks' garage with no air conditioning or heating.

They attended school at the Word of Life Apostolic Church, where Banks was pastor.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32923530/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1028 on: September 26, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »

Your right JessStar, it is best to have the trial date delayed for now vs. the alternative.  My emotions got the better of me yesterday when I read that article.  Thank you for everything you have done, and continue to do for Sandra!

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1029 on: September 26, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »

It happens to all of us, Berkieandemme. These cases are all tremendously heartbreaking, some more than others simply because, for some reason, we feel a personal attachment. ::Monkeyangel::

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1030 on: September 28, 2009, 03:46:15 AM »

I'm thinking of Sandra today.  an angelic monkey

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1031 on: October 01, 2009, 01:45:19 AM »

I wanted to drop in and first off say how very sorry I am for letting you all down and not going to Sandra's grave site. I am sorry but I am just not strong enough to. It breaks my heart to think of standing there, infront of it and knowing this sweet little innocent girl is in there. I just can't do it, I am sorry. Maybe in time, but for now I just cannot.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1032 on: October 01, 2009, 01:47:34 AM »

http://cbs13.com/local/huckaby.trial.date.2.1207841.html
 Sep 25, 2009 11:02 am US/Pacific
No Trial Date Set For Melissa Huckaby
Indictment:     http://www.stocktoncourt.org/courts/news/Indictment_-_People_vs_Melissa_Huckaby_SF112495A.pdf
STOCKTON (AP) ―

A judge refused to set a trial date this morning for a Northern California woman charged with kidnapping, raping and killing an 8-year-old Tracy girl whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase.

Melissa Huckaby was in San Joaquin County Superior Court in Stockton. The 28-year-old former Sunday school teacher has pleaded not guilty to murdering Sandra Cantu, as well as to charges she drugged two other people.

Prosecutors were pushing for a speedy trial because they say younger witnesses who may testify could have a difficult time recalling specifics in the case. But the defense argued it is too early to set a trial date and the judge agreed.

San Joaquin County prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for Huckaby, who was indicted in July following her arrest in April.

My response to the defense team is, it was too early for Sandra to die, but whatever right! Save the state of California some money you POS and just plead guilty!
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1033 on: October 01, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »

That's fine, Traceygirl. I totally understand. I'm sure Sandra knows your intentions, and is smiling down at you for your wonderful thought. Bless you.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1034 on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:58 AM »

I wanted to drop in and first off say how very sorry I am for letting you all down and not going to Sandra's grave site. I am sorry but I am just not strong enough to. It breaks my heart to think of standing there, infront of it and knowing this sweet little innocent girl is in there. I just can't do it, I am sorry. Maybe in time, but for now I just cannot.

Tracygirl, remember my friend, she is not there.  What is there is the flesh shroud the once was home to her.  She has a new home, so look up to the day and night skies, and rejoice with her in her happiness.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1035 on: October 02, 2009, 03:37:34 PM »

Awwwwww TG. 

That's quite understandable.  And yet, I don't feel that you've let anyone down.  Just the opposite!   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1036 on: October 02, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »

Thank you for your understanding. I don't want to come off as dramatic or I am looking for attention, I just have wanted to do this for a while for you all, can't seem to bring myself to to do so I am admitting it. Felt like one of those unfinished projects that weighs on you. Again, thank you for understanding, I appreciate it greatly.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1037 on: October 03, 2009, 12:36:38 AM »

Just me - Adding because I care

All is known so far what is to be on Paper and for those Jailed for the Crime (not yet) which I hope they are given the worst of penalty -never to roam freely again on this earth. They in my mind are not limited to MH.  I believe.
My post is not for those who took her. My post is for Sandra.
Because You Sandra were Just a little Mermaid yourself ..... when you were taken.  I am not being strange nor weird Monkeys but when I meet my maker I know that Sandra will be there and I will be able to know her... she has a deep place in my heart and I can't get over it.
So many are missing and lost and forsaken .. but Little Sandra is . Sandra.
She does not look like my child ~ she though represents I believe " A Child" that should be. Free to skip and run with sun in her hair and just be ..... because she is.
Its deeper than that with me than a hallmark statement.
WE cannot concentrate on the Monsters that took her. We have to acknowledge Sandra. Because she Knows all that we do not know.
Sandra herself needs healing where she is now and she is just a child & we are all part of her Healing. We all need to send her positive Love.
Not take her name in vein and make it part of people who are Ugly and unworthy.

Sandra Cantu is Forever in Light and She is SHINING Bright as Ever. A song that I give to my Daughter that is going to be 19 - and she when she hears it .. She still Melts and becomes a little girl~ all over again. I have sent this vid to my Daughter and her Only response is - I feel Loved because You know me best Mom. All Little Girls have Dreams and Wishes..even Sandra.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/blW7MNm0FLU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/blW7MNm0FLU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1038 on: October 03, 2009, 09:57:03 AM »

Wow, Deenie. I don't know what to say. You put into words how I've felt since the day Sandra went missing. She's always had a stranglehold on me. For some reason, she is special. My only explanation is that God intended it that way. He intended Sandra to be the beacon-the wake up call-for all the little children whose voices have been silent. Sandra moved a nation like no other. We hear her voice-and we keep her happy spirit alive. When I think of Sandra, I rarely, if ever, think of MH or the possible others. They are quarantined in another part of mind. Sandra is safely tucked away in my heart where she will remain until I, too, have the chance to give her a hug. I'm sure the waiting line will be a long one.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1039 on: October 04, 2009, 01:15:12 AM »

Deenie your words are beautiful. Unfortunatly the sound on my computer doesn't work so I can't hear the music, I bet it is also beautiful. thank you for sharing it with us

The day Sandra went missing we had a very sad day here in Tracy. We had to send our brave neighbor off who was killed on the streets of Oakland. About the time I got into my van to attend the gathering, Sandra was probably skipping down the road...As I stood with my son on a corner with so many other people from my little town, she was spending her final moments in a place she loved and called her home. We had no idea that the little girl we all would come together to search for was probably right then, right about that time, fighting for her life. . Sandra should have been able to go on with her life. To do all of the things little girls dream of. I can't seperate the fact that so many adults let his little girl down, from the family of MH to the hollier then thou police in Tracy. If everyone had followed their conscience as a speaker for God and did their job as LE and not judge and jury, this little girl would be here tonight. I can't forget that and I cannot forgive that, it makes me angry. There are a lot people who also hold responsiblity for Sandra being in that grave and I hate the fact the detective is still a detective, the pasture is still a pasture...it is wrong, very wrong.

I am sorry but these are my real feelings. These feelings come from a person who looked for this little girl everywhere I could think of. I took my boys and we drove everywhere, I was close to where they found her, just around the bend. I went left and she was to the right, that is how close I was! I will never understand why this happened just as I will never understand why any child goes missing and killed. I will never understand why or how a person hurts and/or kills a child. I don't understanding killing at all but especially a child, a baby who is most likely crying for their mama! WTH??? I am going to pour myself a glass of wine.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.