April 19, 2024, 02:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DATA POSTS - TAMIKOSMOM  (Read 132815 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2010, 11:34:51 PM »

Others Might Learn

Loving Natalee – Beth Holloway

Page 200:
My child. My beautiful daughter. I can’t save her. It’s too late. Natalee is gone. And second to the great tragedy of losing her is if we fail to learn from what has happened.

I could be any parent in the world. And no parent should ever go through this experience. Natalee could be anyone’s daughter. And in these thoughts a new path is made clear. There is something I can do. Many people reached out to us, and I can now reach back to them. It might be too late to save Natalee, but it’s not too late to save others. And it’s time now to make good on my pledge to stand before high-school and college students, law enforcement professionals, victims’ rights groups, travelers of all ages, and anyone interested in personal safety to share Natalee’s story and our hard lessons, so that others might learn from them.

Conscious Decision to Stay Safe

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 219:
In each city I have the privilege to speak to several high schools, churches, or law enforcement and civic groups.  This translates to thousands of youths and adults.  Delivering this safety mesage is my triumph over devastation.  If gives me great joy and is tremendously rewarding work.  I think that I can bear the pain of losing Natalee if it means that I can prevent another family from going through our tragic experience.  If even just one young person in tens of thousands is saved, then it's well worth it.

I ask young people to make a conscious decision to stay safe.  They have to make the choice.  And I'm not asking them do anything more than I ask myself.  I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.  And I know it's not easy for young people to think about choosing not to get into a situation in which they can't defend themselves.  But we all have to make hard choices.  Every day.

I Stay Focused

Natalee Holloway: Lost in Paradise
TLC – 2010-01-17

Beth Holloway:  What I can do is hopefully share some life lessons and prevent this tragedy from happening to another family.  So I stay focused on what I can do rather than what I can’t.  I can’t get justice for Natalee.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=2.1213.56293

Making a Difference

Talking To Beth Holloway Five Years After Natalee's Disappearance
05/30/10 1:45 pm

She is now focused on her new life's work which was born out of the death of her daughter.

"Tragedy creates an opportunity to make a difference."

Making A Difference

Beth tells the story of Natalee's disappearance to high school and college students round the nation as part of her work with the Natalee Holloway Resource Center,which launches in D.C. on June 8

"The Natalee Holloway Resource Center is focusing on education and crime prevention, and in the event that a loved one goes missing we have the resources and the contacts to assist the families."

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0510/741129.html

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2010, 11:37:40 PM »

HE SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT AGAIN

Jan vander Straaten foolishly believed that Joran van der Sloot's official statements to interrogators would never surface when he lied to Jug Twitty ... the stepfather of Natalee Holloway.  This chief of police should have thought again if he thought even for one minute that the cover up agenda established early on to protect Joran would prevail.  Obviously this man underestimated the resolve of a determined family.  Beth Holloway warned the Aruban Prime Minister if it took 40 years for the truth to prevail ... she promised to be an ongoing force to be reckoned with.

+++++

Something is Wrong Here

NANCY GRACE
Latest in Search for Natalee Holloway
Aired October 4, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

JUG TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S STEPFATHER:   I had a meeting with Van Der Straaten, who was the police chief in charge at that time. And I went in and sat down with him and told him and Officer Sanboe (ph), who was going to take over for Van Der Straaten. He was there, too.

You know, I asked a question about, I understand that there was a statement made by Joran, where he talks about what he had done to Natalee and he described in very graphic detail, like, the stitching and embroidery and everything on Natalee`s underwear. And he goes, Oh, no, no, no. Absolutely not. Absolutely not. Well, little did he know I had just read the statements where Joran describes that to the "T," you know, two days before. But of course, I didn`t tell him that. But that`s just when I started to think something`s wrong here.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0510/04/ng.01.html

Joran van der Sloot - Suspect Statement - June 9, 2005

<snipped>

The reporting officers

D.D. JACOBS      L.A.G.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=160.0

As Long As I Can

'Scarborough Country' for Oct. 24th
updated 7:06 a.m. PT, Tues., Oct. 25, 2005

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: ... I have told Prime Minister Oduber that I will do this, I will be the voice of Natalee for the next 40 years. And I hope I have that long, because I will do it as long as I can.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9813596

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: December 19, 2010, 11:41:11 PM »

Face to Face with Joran

Beth Holloway

Exerpts:

'If he thinks I've been pestering him for the past five years, he hasn't seen anything yet.'

'There is more to come … there is more to come.'

September, 2010

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/archief/de-confrontatie-tussen-beth-en-joran/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »

Face to Face with Joran

Beth Holloway

Exerpts:

'I wanted to peel the skin off his face. I'm thinking this is it, this is my one chance and I'll never get this chance again.'

'My eyes met his and we were face to face. The only thing I had left in me was just to speak from the heart.'

'Tell me what happen.  Let me take her home.'

September, 2010

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/archief/de-confrontatie-tussen-beth-en-joran/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2010, 11:43:58 PM »

In a nutshell Dave and Beth's respective books provide a great foundational knowledge to build on for further research in regards to the Natalee Holloway story.  Natalee's parents share with readers their thoughts regarding the Aruban investigation as well as their experiences on the Island following the disappearance of their daughter.

++++++

ARUBA: THE TRAGIC UNTOLD STORY OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY AND CORRUPTION IN PARADISE
By Dave Holloway

Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers-Business (Mar 15 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1595550631
ISBN-13: 978-1595550637

LOVING NATALEE
A MOTHER'S TESTAMENT OF HOPE AND FAITH
By Beth Holloway

ISBN: 9780061452277
ISBN10: 0061452270
Imprint: HarperOne
On Sale: 10/2/2007

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2010, 11:44:57 PM »

DAVE HOLLOWAY

A Father's First Impression

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 9:
  In fact, he (Jacobs) was so confident that she was just partying it up or on drugs that he told us this particular bar would be the best place to find her. However, he did warn us to watch our drinks very carefully, adding that sometimes people put drugs into them.

Page 10:  While customers must pass by a bouncer at the door, there was no indication that he was stopping anyone from entering. The bar was packed with teenagers doing Jell-O shots and sleazy-looking island boys preying on the beautiful young female tourist ...

I did not want to stay inside, so we hung out around the street corners. In less than two hours, we probably experienced at least ten to fifteen offers from various drug dealers who wanted us to buy from them.

Page 16:  During our daylight searches throughout the island, our group came across many abandoned houses where drug addicts had left razors and other drug paraphernalia. Some were filled with foul smelling odors, feces, urine, cardboard boxes they used as blankets or beds, and general trash. One of those houses was located right next to a fine restaurant near the hotel area and a McDonald’s ...

Several times, people came into the hotel to meet with other locals and an apparent drug deal was taking place. The person would come in to scope out the area prior to doing the deal.

I Can No Longer Sit On The Fence

Page 194
:  On November 8, 2005, Alabama Governor Bob Rile held a televised press conference with Beth and Jug Twitty at his side during which he called for a travel boycott of Aruba.  He also urged all fifty states to back him in the boycott, stating, "Until their lack of law enforcement practices can be evalutation, and until they offer some resolution in the Natalee's case, tourists are not safe in Aruba or any Dutch Territories."

Page 195:  While I still had mixed feelings about a boycott, I stood strong in supporting my government in any decisions they made.  The people of Aruba have elected their officials, and their officials have spoken.  We elect our officials, and they have decided what is necessary for the people.

Page 196:  I can no longer sit on the fence on this issue.  It has not been an easy decision for me to make.  But I need to know what happened to my daughter, and I do believe that a boycott may be the only way we will get anybody over there to talk to us or to turn in the people who are reponsible for her disappearance.

Considering all that had transpired, I changed my position.  In early December 2005, I called Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour's office to ask that he join Alabama Governor Bob Riley and Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee in the travel boycott of Aruba.  Since that time, Georgia Governor Sonny Purdue has also come on board in support of the boycott.  However, I had waitied over a month to hear back from Governor Barbour when he made an announcement that he will not join in on the boycott.  I am surprised that he never responded to me, and I am truly disappointed that he does not feel a boycott is warranted.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2010, 11:46:28 PM »

Julia Renfro - Renee Gielen - Hearts of Stone

Lexy Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:44 pm

NATALEE HOLLOWAY THE UNREVEALED TIME LINES

Julia Renfro:- She asked the world to hit Aruba in the pockets, she asked the world not to travel to Aruba... She said Aruba was "seedy", dangerous and corrupt for the world to hear. She tried to steal the food off the Aruban families' tables, the books from the Aruban schools, 40% of the Police budget and millions of dollars were spent looking for her daughter, yet Beth signed a release waiver in Alabama releasing the travel agent from responsibility if something were to happen to her. The truth is, Beth sent her minor child to a foreign country to drink and co-ed party unsupervised. She signed the Release, she let her go, she is responsible. Don't give her a voice unless she is there to apologize to the good people of Aruba for the damage she did to this island.

Renee Gielen:- I do not only agree with Julia, but there is much more.

http://refugeesunleashed.net/post-1025030.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »

Amigoe
November 17, 2007

Mother wanted to hide Natalee Holloway’s rehabilitation past

WILLEMSTAD/ORANJESTAD – Beth Twitty, the mother of Natalee Holloway that disappeared 2.5 years ago in Aruba, has done everything to hide the drug addiction past of her daughter.

Documentary maker Renée Gielen came to this conclusion. As a result of Beth Twitty’s recently published book, ‘Loving Natalee, the true story of Aruban kidnapping and its aftermath’, she threw herself even more empathetically into the case. She bases herself on declarations of Jug Twitty’s search in and around cholhouses in Aruba at that time. By now, Jug Twitty is the ex-husband of Beth. When Jug was asked why he was doing that, he said: “Because Natalee was recently in drug rehab in the US.”

THIS IS WRONG

“After I read the book, I got the feeling that there is something wrong here. The lies in the book and the many other doubtful claims and occurrences in the past 2.5 years made me think: Has Beth really wanted Natalee to be found?” For Gielen, who already has dozens of hours of visual material and is working on a documentary, this is reason for her to soon travel to the United States and go further into the Holloway-case.

Documentary maker to the US for ‘real story’ on Holloway

WILLEMSTAD/ORANJESTAD – “When I looked her in the eyes, I knew that something was not right, and from that moment on, I ducked down in the case; and I am still on it”, says documentary maker Renée Gielen about Beth Twitty, the mother of Natalee Holloway. Gielen ducked down into one of worlds most discussed disappearance cases two-and-a-half years ago and was especially moved by the strange behavior of Natalee’s mother, whom she interviewed in June of 2005 in the Holiday Inn Hotel in Aruba for the Dutch TV-program TweeVandaag. “At that time, I didn’t know yet what I saw in her eyes; one thing I knew, I didn’t have a sad mother sitting in front of me. I know now what I saw then: a mother with a lot of problems.”

Gielen, who lives and works in Curacao, came earlier this year with video-recordings including declarations of persons involved, which put the case in a new light. Amigoe reported this and the Dutch current affairs programme Network broadcasted it thereupon. As a result of the recently published book of Beth Twitty ‘Loving Natalee, the true story of Aruban kidnapping and its aftermath’, she’s now working on a documentary with new material on tape, together with Dolph van Stapele, Peter Ranzijn, Michel Drente, and Suzanne Jansen.

Gielen is now getting ready to go to the United States for further inquiry. She describes Beth’s book as ‘an image building story with a first class rabble-rousing’.

“After I read the book, I got the feeling that there is something wrong here.” That confirmed her suspicions. The lies in the book and the many other doubtful claims and occurrences in the past 2.5 years made me think: Has Beth really wanted Natalee to be found?”

IDEAL DAUGHTER

Gielen points out that Natalee was never put on FBI’s official list of missing persons. She also says that the surveillance tape of the Holiday Inn that shows a blond woman, was not sent to the Forensic Institution in Rijswijk, because Twitty said that the woman was not Natalee. Gielen says that she has information that reveals that Natalee did not at all meet the image that her mother Beth likes to portray her: the dream daughter, a virgin that has never done something wrong in her life, doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, has never experimented with drugs; the Christian girl that in all sorts of manners propagated her biblical ideas in volunteer work and was an example for all other young persons.

According to Gielen, the truth is the reverse of all of the above. Natalee has even been in a drug rehabilitation clinic right before she came to Aruba. The girl had such a good time in Aruba that she didn’t want to leave the island. Natalee had the male persons present ‘lick her belly jellies’ on the bar, was smoking dope on the beach, and her girlfriends even warned her not to drink so much, recites Gielen. Natalee’s ‘addiction’ was brought up in an interview that Gielen has on tape, with the Aruban taxi driver Trina (for her protection no family name), who also appears in the book (as the only taxi driver) called by her first name. She tells Gielen that when Beth’s by now second ex-husband and his friend Mitch were in her Taxi, they asked her if she can take them to cholhouses on the island. “When she asked why, they told her that Natalee has recently been in rehab in the US”, said Gielen.

Gielen dares to say that in the days, months, and by now years after the disappearance of her daughter, Beth Twitty wants just one thing: disguise Natalee’s outrageous behavior and the way she disappeared. She only needed one thing for that: a whipping boy. And that was Joran van der Sloot, the boy with whom she was seen last, in the company of the two Surinam brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe; they must have done it. Gielen says that Joran made the mistake by the first instance lie about leaving Natalee behind. “Besides, he writes that in his book, in which he does not spare himself.”

BE NO GOOD

The assertions of Beth Twitty in the course of time confirm the idea that she has played a peculiar part. Gielen names a few examples. “Twitty manages to say in interviews – FOX News, Geraldo – that the Dutch government has used the tragic occurrences around hurricane Katrina to release the suspects in Aruba in September of 2005. ‘Rape is not a crime for the Dutch government’, she added.” Twitty asserts in the same interview that there are five declarations in which Joran van der Sloot admits having had sex with Natalee in his house and that Natalee became unconscious so now and then, while these declarations do not exist, says Gielen. “You must have a lot of courage, when you write in your book that during a meeting in Aruba with Ahata, you make the statement that everything was a cover-up from Aruba’s side and that the then chairman of Ahata would have whispered ‘yes, that’s correct’, while you can count that this can be checked, which I did”, says Gielen.

Twitty writes that the Strategic Communications Task Force that Aruba established, was done ‘to combat the negative media and to combat us’. “A member of the task force contradicts this and says that the task force has always tried not to take an extreme position. In the beginning, the strategic task force has even set herself up as liaison for her. They fixed hotels for her and facilitated her press conferences. They have even collected money.”

The member can only guess that Beth experienced the website – that nuanced her often unfounded statements and accusations that caused the island harm – as an attack on her.

Gielen also quotes that Twitty has repeatedly insinuated that her daughter had no bankcard with her, ‘because it was in her bedroom in Alabama’. “This while Jug Twitty –Natalee’s stepfather, whom Beth has meanwhile divorced – and a friend were talking in a taxi about Natalee withdrawing money twice since her disappearance, after which they have blocked her account.”

Beth writes in her book that she felt threatened by Charles Croes, who as owner of a ‘rental cell phone company’, was real fast involved with the case and offered help on all fronts. Beth says that he has pose as ‘clairvoyant’ and supposedly has asked her about her sex life when he was alone with her in the car. A girlfriend had rescued her just in time. “These are not the only insults of Twitty to Croes’ address. Croes tells his story in an interview I had with him recently, and that is completely different. Besides, Croes confirms Twitty’s ties with the White House. Jug Twitty told him: ‘I have very long fingers that can reach all the way to the White House’. It already appeared earlier that via Jug, Beth had contacts with Condoleezza Rice, who, via the Dutch Justice-minister, managed to have Aruba make the case a ‘high profile one’.

http://arubanboycott.blogspot.com/2007/11/mailbag-time.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2010, 12:02:09 AM »

MAY 30, 2005 – MAY 31, 2005

FEARED THE WORST, BUT PRAYED FOR A MIRACLE

Page 6:
  On Monday, May 30, Natalee's trip came to an end, and she was due to fly home to Alabama.  But late in the afternoon, I received a call from Matt telling me that Natalee had missed her flight and that Beth was getting on a plane to Aruba.

Page 7:  Beth had flown out of Birmingham on a friend's private jet as soon as she learned that Natalee had missed her flight.  I contacted a commerical airline and booked the next flight out for 5:30 a.m. the following morning.

Later that night, Matt called again to tell me that Natalee's flight had been rebooked, and she would be coming home the next day.  Someone from Delta Airlines had confirmed that a female had called and changed the flight.

I cancelled my flight, but I was still concerned because no one had heard from Natalee.

The next morning, I started making more calls.  I could not reach Beth, and I was unable to get a member of the Aruban police force to talk to me on the phone about Natalee.

By noon I learned that Natalee was not getting on the plane.  I found out that it had been a chaperone from Natalee's group who had changed her flight in the hopes that she would reappear.  It was then that I knew something tragic must have happened.  I feared the worst, but prayed for a miracle.  I hung up the phone and broke down .....

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »

MAY 30, 2005

The Proverbial Dreaded Phone Call

Page 23:
  Rested and refreshed, we leave Memphis late Monday morning with Linda driving and Marilyn up front with her.  I take the backseat.  We sail along, chatting like we alway do, talking about our plans for another road trip one day soon.  Marilyn and I are happily speculating about what our daughters' reactions will be when they open their presents to find a set of extraordinary Wizard of Oz figures.  Natalee will gasp with excitement when she sees these.  Before we know it, we've crossed over into Mississippi.  Somewhere amid our conversation, between the chuckles and the small talk, my cell phone rings. I don't recognize the number, but answer it anyway, which I usually don't do.

It's a young girl.  "Mrs. Twitty?  My mom ... umm ... my mom, she umm ... wants to talk to you."  It's the daughter of Judi, the travel agent.  She developed appendicitis right before the trip, so she and Jodi didn't get to go to Aruba.  They are in Birmingham.  It seems like an eternity before Jodi takes the phone.

"Tell me what's going on," I say in a voice much firmer than the one I usually hear coming from my mouth.

She simply says, "Natalee didn't show up this morning to get on the plane."

And instantly I know.  It's more than a mother's intuition.  It's certainty.  Something terrible has happened.  I have just answered the proverbial dreaded phone call that no mother or father every wants to receive.  The one we fear from the moment our children are born.  The one that changes a parent's life forever.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »

Imagine

Beth Holloway - In Person and In Her Own Words

When her daughter went missing in Aruba, her life changed forever.  How does one muster the courage to persevere in the face of sheer adversity?  Do we all have the capacity to overcome tragedy?  How does one keep going?  You will be uplifed by the remarkable story of Beth Holloway.  How does she stay strong.  Imagine being able to apply her philosophies of courage, dedication, faith and strength to your own life.

http://waterfordpolice.org/cms/images/forms/bethholloway2_1.pdf

Mom is Right; God is Good

Page 103
: I think about what just happened, pondering the human spirit.  Apparently it can withstand a lot more than I every dreamed possible.  Mom is right; God is good.  All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over.  Not the work that has to be done.  Just the burden.  I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained.  And I am renewed, resilient.  Thankful for however long this resurgence in energy will carry me.  I will pick up one foot and put it down.  Then the other one will follow.  I will breathe.  There is much to be done.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »

Imagine

Beth Holloway - In Person and In Her Own Words

When her daughter went missing in Aruba, her life changed forever.  How does one muster the courage to persevere in the face of sheer adversity?  Do we all have the capacity to overcome tragedy?  How does one keep going?  You will be uplifed by the remarkable story of Beth Holloway.  How does she stay strong.  Imagine being able to apply her philosophies of courage, dedication, faith and strength to your own life.

http://waterfordpolice.org/cms/images/forms/bethholloway2_1.pdf

I Never Ask Him Why

Pages 100:
I rise and make my way up the hillside to the next cross and the next one and the next, repeating my prayers.

I am looking to the sky, which is growing bluer as dawn breaks, and talking to God.  And as I reach the fifth cross, the answer to these prayers comes.  Complete peace blankets me, and I am still.  It's a familiar feeling, yet unknown to me like this before now.  It comes in total stillness.  Silence. And in this instant I know that Natalee is with God.

I understand that from the moment she got into Deepak Kalpoe's car her heavenly Father wrapped His loving arms around her and cared for her through whatever ordeal she encountered that night.  I don't know if she is alive or not, but I know that He is with her.

He entrusted me with her care for eighteen years.  Now I must trust Him to care for her.  So I never ask Him why.  Why Natalee?  Why me?  I don't ask.  To do that undermines faith.  Instead, I form an "acceptance trust" with Him there on the windy hillside.  God never questioned me when she was in my care.  I must not question Him.  I realize that He is as proud of her as I am.

Thoughts of Natalee's personal relationship with God comes to me.  He knows her very well.  And she knows Him.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2011, 07:31:22 PM »

Tamikosmom and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »

Tamikosmom and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »

Natalee

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

In Natalee's Room

Page 1-2:
  It's early morning, and the house is quiet.  I'm still lying in bed, eyes closed.  I don't want to open them, because when I do, I'll have to face the day I've dreaded the most for the past twenty months.  Today I have to pack up Natalee's things for the last time.  Today I will have to say the final good-bye.  And I'm not ready.

Eyes still closed, I hear an occasional car pass in front of the house.  Another one stops across the street, and I hear the car door open, letting music and cheerful muffled voices escape for a moment.  Then close again.  The stillness in the house is interrupted by the harmonious tapping of little paws as Macy the dog and Carl the cat move across the hardwood floors.  Stopping for a moment.  Then tapping again.  The cold morning brings the sounds of life's activities as people step into another day of their routines.

Maybe if I don't open my eyes this day will just pass and I won't have to face what I have to do.  The painful inevitable chore that has been looming over me since my beautiful daughter, Natalee disappeared on the last night of her senior high school trip to Aruba.  The day has come to take her room apart and box it up.  I have to go through her belongings, which have remained untouched since she left home on May 26, 2005.  The movers will be here day after tomorrow.

Nothing of my life before Natalee disappeared in Aruba has remained intact.  Not my career.  Not my home.  Not my marriage.  My husband, Jug, and I are divorcing after six years.  My son, Natalee's younger brother, Matt, and I are moving in two days.  I have a lot to do.

I manage to swing my legs off the bed and sit up.  Reluctantly, I open my eyes and sit on the edge for a few moments.  I feel like concrete.  Heavy.  Very heavy.  Finally I stand up and slowly walk a half dozen steps or so down the short hall and turn right at Natalee's bedroom doorway ...

Page 16:  I'm glad I'm alone to recount the events that have brought me to this place on this morning, preparing to pack up and leave this house and Mountain Brook. Standing in the doorway of Natalee's room, I unwillingly step inside to the center of it, look around slowly, take it all in. In what feels like slow motion, I bend my knees until they touch the floor, rest my hands on the light cream-colored rug in front of me, and roll over onto my right side. Curling up in a fetal position, my head tucked down, arms crossing over my chest, I close my eyes again. And the cry I have fought off for almost two years finally comes. The final good-bye cry. And it comes hard. From somewhere deep, deep inside me. And it feels as if it will never stop. As if the pain can never be contained again.

NATIONAL MUSEUM OF CRIME & PUNISHMENT
Loving Natalee

http://tickets.crimemuseum.org/retail/Books/Non-Fiction/LovingNataleeBook.aspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »

JORAN - A PARTICIPANT FURTHING ARUBA'S UNDERGROUND ECONOMIES

Joran van der Sloot's age implies he should never have been allowed on the premises of the Excelsior Casino.  He should never have been allowed on the premises of Carlos and Charlies'.  He should never have been allowed on the premises of the Radisson Casino.  He should never have been allowed on the premises of the Wyndham Casino.  Yet he was not only given access to these establishments ... given access to unsuspecting young women ... he was allowed to drink alcohol and gamble.

Why did Casino/Club management ... Paulus van der Sloot and ... Aruban authorities turn a blind eye to the illegal activities of underage Joran van der Sloot?  Could it be that Joran was a participant ... a front ... a lure in the furthering of Aruba's underground economies? 

Janet

++++++

1.Joran, Deepak, Satish and Freddy - All are Participants

'Scarborough Country' for August 26
updated 12:49 p.m. PT, Mon., Aug. 29, 2005

JOSSY MANSUR, EDITOR, “DIARIO”:  It definitely smells that way.  You know, if you take the prosecution‘s statement at its face, we are talking on a whole new level, the charges here.  We are talking about drugs.  We are talking about rape and we are talking about rape of many different people.  There are four guys now in custody, four best friends.  What does that tell you?

MANSUR:  Well, what it tells me is that, really, these four guys are friends.  They belong to the same group, these party boys that go out and prey on young, unsuspected girls or other kinds of girls also that are out to have a good time, not suspecting what they‘re in for with these predators around.

And they are—they not only appear in photographs together, but I understand that Freddy lives very near to the Joran house.  So, there is a bond between them.  There is a group that they call themselves the pimps, in which all of these participate.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9119491/

2. Excelsior Casino - Paulus van der Sloot

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 3
updated 8:24 a.m. PT, Tues., April. 4, 2006

<snipped>

JOHN Q. KELLY, HOLLOWAY FAMILY ATTORNEY: Well, if you look at the surveillance video footage, it appears that he’s the one sitting directly next to her and tries to engage her in conversation a couple of times.  And it’s sort of ironic that it’s his father who brought his underage son to a casino and left him there after he left, with access to his line of credit, to put this unfortunate chain of events in process.

You know, if Joran had never been there, not been allowed in there, because he’s underage and wasn’t accompanied by his father, the whole rest of the night wouldn’t have happened.

COSBY: You know, and, John, also, why would that be a significant—why is that in conflict to something else we’ve heard maybe from Paulus before?

KELLY: Well, he’s just claiming that, you know, he’s kept an eye on his son, you know, he’s kept him on a short leash, and, you know, his son is very well-behaved. And it turns out that he’s, you know, got him at casinos. If you’re under 18, you’re not legally even allowed in casinos, so his son was breaking the law with him enabling it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12150698/

3.  Auban Authorities

Jossy Mansur - DANA PRETZER- July 23, 2007

Dana: One thing that makes my listeners scratch their heads so to speak and wonder, myself included and we'll talk about it again, is the fact of the underage drinking and gambling that had been going on admittedly by young van der Sloot.  Was there ever any discussion or has there ever been any discussion at least of filing some charges as far as that goes?

Jossy:  No, there hasn't been any of that. The authorities have just (inaudible) it aside, they haven't paid any attention to it then and they're not paying any attention to it now and over the past 26 months.    I haven't seen anything in the direction of trying to make some kind of statement that this is not (inaudiable) at least make some sort of a statement that this is not (inaubible) because it is a known fact that as an underage he wasn't supposed to be in the casino, much less in the company of his father. He was there, there are video tapes to prove that and still the authorities haven't done anything with regard to that specific case.

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/2007/07/23/the-dana-pretzer-show-monday-july-23rd-2007-special-guests-larry-sinclair-jossy-mansur-ladonna-meredith-attorney-jay-paul-deratany/

4. Carlos N' Charlies'

After that we drove straight to Carlos & Charlies. Deepak was the driver but I cannot remember now who was sitting beside him. I do not remember now if it was Satish or me. I estimate that we arrived at Carlos & Charlies between 00.15 and 00.30 hours. Deepak parked his car on the parking lot behind Carlos & Charlies and after that we walked into the building of Carlos & Charlies. I don't have to pay because I have a VIP pass. With my VIP pass Deepak and Satish were also allowed in.

To your question as to who gave me the VIP pass to Carlos & Charlies, I answer you that I got it through the office of Carlos & Charlies. I do not remember with the help of who I got the VIP pass. I got to Carlos & Charlies about one to three times a week.

5.  Carlos N' Charlies' Night Club

Then Natalee said that she also wanted to drink a Jellyshot but the bartender told me that that bar was closed. After that Natalee and me walked to another bar that was still open at that time.  I asked the bartender two shots of Bacardi 151. I still had the whisky coke in my hand. Natalee asked me if she should drink the Bacardi 151 in one go. I answered her affirmatively and she answered me that she would do it in two. Natalee said to me that she needed a "chaser" in order to drink the Bacardi. Natalee drank my whisky coke as a "chaser" and then she drank the Bacardi 151 in two goes. I payed for the two shots of Bacardi 151. I do not know where Deepak stood at that moment but according to me Satish was still standing beside me. I did not ask for another kind of alcoholic beverage because I always drink Bacardi 151. Bacardi 151 is 151 proof and that means that it is 75.5% alcohol. I payed U.S. $ 20,- for the two shots of Bacardi 151.

6. Excelsior Casino

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE

Page 39:  Following our brief conversation, we all walk immediately to the fron tdesk to ask about someone named Joran who is staying in the hotel and plays in the casino here.  The Holiday Inn night manager, Brenda, knows him by name.  "Oh! yes ... yes ... Joran.  He gambles in the Excelsior Casino here.  He likes to prey on young female tourists.  Especially the blonds.   He is tall.  Good-looking boy.  Like a Dutch marine."

7. Radisson Casino

Deepak Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 13, 2005

Andre asked me to come inside. I did go inside. I did not play, but did look at the cards of Joran and Guido.

At some given moment in time a tourist who was sitting at Joran's table got angry. The tourist thought that we were looking at the cards of other players and signaling/deciding for Joran when he should play or not. It lead to a disagreement between Joran and the tourist. The manager of the Radisson Casino came over and everything calmed down. I drank about four "whisky coke" gedronken in the Radisson Casino.  I now that Joran drank more because the waiters were constantly bringing him drinks.   I am not sure .what he was drinking. His drinks were of a yellow colour. I think it was “whisky soda" or 'Whisky water".

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=182.0

8. Tempting Poses

Aruba Suspects Accused of Taking Sex Photos of Another Girl
Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Kalpoe brothers were released July 4 and rearrested last week with a friend of the three young men, Freddy Alexander Zedan-Arambatzis (search), 21.

Zedan-Arambatzis, who is not suspected of involvement in the Holloway case, is accused of taking photos of a minor female in "tempting poses" and of showing the photos to other people, said his lawyer, Diana Emerencia. He is also suspected of having unspecified "physical contact" with the girl, she said.

The Kalpoe brothers and van der Sloot are also suspected of involvement in the incident, which allegedly occurred before Holloway disappeared, Emerencia said.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168233,00.html

9.  Carlos N' Charlies'

'The Abrams Report' for August 4
updated 8:37 a.m. PT, Fri., Aug. 5, 2005

<snipped>

TWITTY:  You know it's a pretty long scenario; we have a lot of details.  You know the main thing to sum it up is you know Joran, how he entered this establishment.  I believe that you know if you enter on the right side, you have to have a valid I.D.  If you enter Carlos N' Charlie's on the left side, you must have some type of—I don't know if it's a VIP pass or what to enter, but Joran enters the establishment on the left side, approaches these groups of tourists. 

You know it's interesting how he is able to try to work his way in and connect and establish himself in that—in Carlos N' Charlie's, was walking her around and these other tourists and was able to point out Satish and Deepak Kalpoe.  They were sitting ironically in the same corner, the same stools that they were seated at in the picture that's been all over international media, so that must be their spot that they wait while Joran is working.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8838598

10. Various Hotels

Deepak Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 10, 2005

To your question as to what role Joran plays in our circle of friends, I can state the following. He has no real role. We are all the same.

To your question as to where we take the girls we pick up, I can state the following. Sometimes the girls stay at "Carlos & Charlies" or sometimes we take them to their hotel.

To your question was to what exactly happens when we have picked up the girls, I can state the following. Just kissing and dancing.

To your question whether sexual intercourse has happened, I can state the following. Yes, it has happened.

To your question whether it ever happened that all of us, so in one room, had sexual intercourse, I can state the following. It has happened.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=215.0

11. Excelsior Casino - Paulus van der Sloot

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Sept. 19th
updated 9/20/2005 9:33:56 AM ET

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER:  Well, there was a phone call made.  And it was just really having me refer to—you know, I‘d only mentioned the fact I had gotten from prosecuting attorney as far as the open line of credit, and that Joran is in his casino gambling, and I don‘t think there was ever a question that Joran and Paulus Van Der Sloot had been in that Excelsior Casino, and, particularly, on the night of the 29th where he and his father met Natalee.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9407728/

12.  Excelsior Casino

Aruban casino boss had ties to Chicago mob
Thursday, February 23, 2006 | 6:07 PM

February 23, 2006 (WLS) -- Authorities on the island of Aruba have not been able to solve the mystery of what happened to Alabama teenager Natalie Holloway. She disappeared while on a high school trip last spring. The ABC7 I-Team has learned new details about the casino where Holloway was last seen, an Aruba casino run by a convicted high-ranking Chicago mobster.

The unsolved disappearance of 18-year-old Natalie Holloway has commanded worldwide attention. It has been widely reported that the last place Holloway was known to be alive was the Excelsior casino connected to the Holiday Inn where she and her classmates were staying.

The I-Team has learned that the casino where Holloway was last seen is operated by Chicagoan Michael Posner. The intelligence report on Posner lists him as a prominent member of the Chicago outfit for more than 40 years.

According to federal law enforcement, Michael Posner's most recent mob assignment was boss of illegal rackets in the north suburbs. Posner was convicted in 1987 of threatening wayward gamblers with death and running prostitutes out of this Lake County strip club.

Through his Chicago lawyer, Posner maintains that he has been clean for 15 years and since 1998 has operated the Excelsior casino on the Caribbean resort on the island of Aruba.

Last May, honor student Natalie Holloway was staying at the resort on her high school graduation trip when she disappeared. One of the last places she was seen alive was in Posner's Excelsior casino.

In security tape obtained by ABC News, Holloway is seen at a table seated next to Joran van der Sloot, a local who is the prime suspect in the case

<snipped>

Posner says it was he who voluntarily turned over this casino surveillance tape to Aruban authorities and that he is furious they have allowed ABC News to broadcast it.

Posner says he has paid the expenses for private investigators to come here and assist in the search for Holloway and according to his lawyer: "He has nothin' to do with nothing" in the murder case.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=investigative&id=3936339

Michael Posner Upset over Excelsior casino Security Tapes to ABC

Posted February 25, 2006 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2006/02/25/michael-posner-upset-over-excelsior-casino-security-tapes-to-abc/

s.t./yw

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/dutchman-very-sorry-for-murder/story-fn6ck55c-1226242231858

Dutchman 'very sorry' for murder

January 12, 2012 3:24AM

JORAN van der Sloot has pleaded guilty in a Peruvian court to killing a young woman in Lima in 2010.

Prosecutors are seeking 30 years in prison for the 24-year-old Dutchman, who is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of American teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005.

Wearing a light blue, untucked shirt and blue jeans, van der Sloot fidgeted and twiddled his thumbs as he waited for the start of the court session, which was delayed by his lawyer's late arrival.

"Yes, he said, standing at a microphone, "I want to accept the anticipated conclusion and as I was thinking from the first moment always to give my sincere confession," FOX News Channel reported.

"I am truly very sorry for what I have done. I feel very bad."

::snipping2::

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/06/world/americas/peru-van-der-sloot-trial/?hpt=wo_c2
Van der Sloot postpones plea
January 6, 2012

Joran van der Sloot appears in court Friday in Lima, Peru, to face charges in the 2010 death of a Peruvian woman.

Joran van der Sloot - In His Own Words

Confession: Joran van der Sloot describes killing Stephany Flores
Published: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 2:51 PM
Updated: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 4:11 PM

<snipped>

Asked for a detailed description of the killing:

"She was on the bed when I hit her hard with my right elbow and I think her head went back and hit the wall, then she begins to bleed, immediately I get on top of her and with both hands I begin to strangle her, keeping her that way for a minute. After that, I throw her to the floor but she keeps breathing. At that moment I take off my shirt and put it on her face, pressing on it. I don't remember for how long but she stops breathing, in this way I think I caused her death."

<snipped>

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/confession_joran_van_der_sloot.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »

Joran's reaction the moment he heard he was sentenced to 28 years in a Peru prison

Joran began shaking his head back and forth NO NO as if in disbelief that he is being sentenced to 28 YEARS

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »

THE APPEASING OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT?

A.  THE PERUVIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM - TAINTED WITH CORRUPTION

Judicial System

Individual Corruption

The Peruvian judicial system is tainted with corruption and official pressure, according to the US Department of State 2010. Similarly, Freedom House 2011 reports that corruption in the judiciary remains rampant. Also Transparency International's Global Corruption Barometer 2010 points out that the judiciary is among the most corrupt public institutions in Peru. According to the report, well over half of the surveyed households consider it as 'extremely corrupt', while more than a quarter reports having paid a bribe in 2009. Also, in the Proética Fifth National Survey on Corruption 2008, the surveyed citizens consider the judiciary to be among the most corrupt institutionsin Peru.  User surveys also indicate that unofficial payments affect both the speed and the final outcome of judicial processes.

<snipped>

http://www.business-anti-corruption.com/country-profiles/latin-america-the-caribbean/peru/corruption-levels/judicial-system/

B.  ASSURING THE SILENCE OF JORAN VAN DER SLOOT?

Could it be that Dutch/Aruban forces are behind the scenes manpulating the Peruvian judicial process to provide Joran van der Sloot with favorable rulings  ... favorable rulings that will appease the Peruvian people's cry for justice but ... at the same time will assure the silence of the evil one ... the evil one who has the ability to bring down those within the house of cards by exposing those who were behind the cover up/the corrupt Aruban investigation that ... from the getgo ... has prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway?
______

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for December 1
updated 7:37 a.m. PT, Fri., Dec. 2, 2005

<snipped>

ART WOOD, FORMER SECRET SERVICE AGENT: ... The reason this case could still be solved is because there are so many people involved in Natalee's disappearance and in the disposal of her body. When somebody talks, they're going to all go down. This is like a house of cards.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/

C.  FOOD FOR THOUGHT

1.  Excessive Privileges Since Day One

Worldwide perception is that Peruvian prisions are H--- holes.  However ... according to Stephany Flores' father ... Joran van der Sloot "lives like a king".  Why?  What entity has his back?
_____

Van der Sloot Gets 28 Years for Murder in Peru
Jan 13, 2012 6:15 PM EST

<snipped>

After the conviction, the victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, and older brother, Enrique, held a press conference. “We’re about to conclude an investigation, and we hope we’ll be able to release the information on Monday regarding the excess privileges this man has had from the first day of his seclusion,” said Mr. Ricardo Flores.

Flores’s attorney took the microphone and demanded: “How can it be that a person that is in prison is more comfortable than if he were free? We will hold a press conference to present all the irregularities in this man’s imprisonment on Monday.”

<snipped>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/13/van-der-sloot-gets-28-years-for-murder-in-peru.html

Saturday, January 14, 2012
Peru court sentences Van der Sloot to 28 years

<snipped>

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

<snipped>

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/avantgo/2017229687.html

2.  No Life Sentence - A "Big Win" for Joran

The Peruvian prosecutor had the option of bringing charges against Joran van der Sloot that would have afforded him a life sentence if convicted.  Instead the lesser charges which implied that Joran could be let loose on society in less than ten years.  Joran's attorney considered the lesser charges a "big win" for his client.
_____

Peru to beef up Joran van der Sloot charges
Published on 17 September 2011 - 3:38pm

<snipped>

At the first public hearing, on 12 September 2011, Mr Van der Sloot was charged with murder and robbery. The Public Prosecutor called for a 30-year jail sentence and damages of 50,000 euros.

The lawyer for the victim’s family said the charges should not be “murder followed by robbery” but “robbery followed by murder”, which carries a life sentence. He also rejected the 50,000 euro compensation as insufficient.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/peru-beef-joran-van-der-sloot-charges

Date set for van der Sloot murder trial
Published: 11/25/2011 9:44 am
Updated: 11/26/2011 8:25 am

<snipped>

In September, the victim's family asked a three-judge panel for a more stringent charge akin to aggravated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, but the panel of judges ruled on the prosecution's side.

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro told CNN'S In Session this was a big win for his client.  If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Date-set-for-van-der-Sloot-murder-trial/J1Yl6nagmkmRXf0qcfRMXA.cspx

Flores, Holloway families await van der Sloot's trial
1/13/2012

<snipped>

Stephany Flores’ family is still holding out hope they can convince the court to increase the charges to include a possible life sentence. Stephany’s father, Ricardo Flores, claims Van der Sloot has lived “like a king” while the Flores family mourns.

Prosecutor Miriam Castellares is asking for 30 years in prison, on charges of murder and simple theft; however, Flores’ family is asking the public prosecutor to amend the charges to “robbery followed by murder.”

According to Edwar Alvarez, the Flores family’s lawyer, with different charges Van der Sloot could receive life imprisonment.

"We aim to present evidence during the trial that will lead the prosecutor to change the classification of the crime, so that it becomes robbery followed by murder. This will not be 30 years in prison, but life imprisonment,” he told the Lima newspaper El Comercio.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Flores-Holloway-families-await-van-der-Sloots/KxiEyoDHDEypHoVG4yN6Sw.cspx

3.  Peru-Netherlands Extradition Treaty

Could it be that Joran van der Sloot will be afforded a transfer to the Netherlands to serve out his 28 year sentence ... his 28 year sentence that can be translated into 9 years for the beyond brutal murder of Stephany Flores.
_____

Peru, Netherlands Agree Extradition Treaty

THE HAGUE, 14/05/11 - The Netherlands and Peru have agreed an extradition treaty. As a result, Joran van der Sloot may be able to serve his sentence in his own country.

Foreign Minister Uri Rosenthal and his Peruvian opposite number Jose Antonio Garcia Belaunde signed a treaty on the transfer of sentenced persons and the enforcement of criminal judgments on Thursday. "The treaty allows residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands who have been sentenced to prison by final and irrevocable judgment in Peru" to serve their sentence in the Netherlands, said Rosenthal.

Peruvians who are in prison in the Netherlands are also entitled to invoke the treaty. Both countries are under obligation to grant a detainee's request. The treaty will enter into force as soon as both parliaments have approved it.

The two ministers discussed, among other things, human rights, cooperation in efforts to stop drug trafficking, promotion of mutual investment and knowledge exchange in the areas of water management and cooperation in judicial and defence matters.

The foreign ministry says there are currently 117 Dutch nationals in Peruvian prisons. In 113 cases, they have been convicted of a drugs offence. The most well-known Dutch prisoner is Joran van der Sloot, in jail for the murder of a Peruvian girl.

Van der Sloot's case is not yet concluded. Depending on the sentence his client receives, his lawyer Maximo Altez does plan to make use of the new regulation.

<snipped>

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/140511_4.htm

4.  The Peruvian Supreme Court Extradition Ruling

When all is said and done ... the Peruvian Supeme court indirectly bowed to Joran van der Sloot when it ruled against immediate extradition to the States to face extradition charges.  Less than one month prior ... Joran van der Sloots's attorney anticipated the court would rule in favor of an immediate extradition.  In January ... Beth Holloway's attorney anticipated likewise.

Think about it.  In 9-28 years ... the extortion case against Joran will in all probability be compromised.  When deteriorating health and mortality that comes with the passage of time are considered will witnesses be available to testify on behalf of the State ... on behalf of Beth Holloway?
_____

Joran Van der Sloot to Fight US Extradition from Peru
Published May 09, 2012

<snipped>

Judge Zenaida Vilca informed Van der Sloot of the U.S. extradition request during a closed door meeting at Piedras Gordas prison just north of Lima. The 24-year-old Dutchman told the judge he would fight extradition, his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

<snipped>

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/05/09/joran-van-der-sloot-to-fight-us-extradition/

May 8, 2012 6:55pm
Joran Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer Says U.S. Extradition Inevitable

<snipped>

ABC News’ Joe Goldman in Lima, Peru, reports:

The extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. on charges of wire fraud and extortion in connection with the death of Natalee Holloway will likely take place this summer, his lawyer told ABC News today.

“The power of the United States will assure that Joran has to face a U.S. judge and I think the extradition will happen probably in two or three months,” Maximo Altez  said in an exclusve interview with ABC News.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/05/joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-says-u-s-extradition-inevitable/

Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years in Peru, Now US Wants Him
Jan. 13, 2012

Joran van der Sloot was sentenced today to 28 years in a Peruvian prison for strangling a woman there, and American officials are now expected to bring him to Alabama to face charges in connection with the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway.

The attorney for Holloway's mother, John Q. Kelly, said after today's sentencing that he hopes van der Sloot will be extradited to the U.S. within "a couple of months."

Van der Sloot is charged with extorting $25,000 from Holloway's grieving mother Beth Holloway in exchange for information about the location of Natalee's body. After receving the money, van der Sloot admitted lying about where the girl's body was buried.

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment. They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S.

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
Mon Jun 4, 2012 9:46pm EDT

<snipped>

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

The political process is rooted in the extradition treaty between the United States and Peru. The treaty allows a person who's convicted of a crime in Peru to be extradited to the United States to face prosecution for a separate crime.

If convicted and sentenced in the United States, the person would be sent back to Peru to finish his sentence, then extradited again to the United States to serve time there.

But Peru's Supreme Court apparently wants Joran van der Sloot to first serve out his Peruvian prison sentence before standing trial in the United States on lesser charges related to the Holloway case.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

Van der Sloot Extradition Delayed
June 6, 2012

<snipped>

The extradition ruling is important to Van der Sloot because it could affect how much time he spends in prison in Peru. Under usual circumstances, he could serve about one-third of his 28-year sentence before being released, less than 10 years.

But if he were to be extradited to the U.S. and convicted of another crime, that could lengthen the time he serves on his Peruvian sentence.

<snipped>

http://crime.about.com/b/2012/06/06/van-der-sloot-extradition-delayed.htm

D.  HOPE COMES, THEN GOES

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 36
: Hope comes, then goes.  But it's the constant waiting for the next wave to roll in, and reaching for each new sign of hope that will keep us going, as it brings with it the energy and encouragement needed to press on in our search for Natalee, even if only for a few moments at a time.

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
Mon Jun 4, 2012 9:46pm EDT

<snipped>

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

Peru court: Van der Sloot's extradition after sentence
Must serve out his 28-year prison sentence
Updated: Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 1:15 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 11:28 AM CDT

<snipped>

Van der Sloot is appealing his sentence and the Supreme Court said that if the appeal is successful he could be extradited immediately thereafter.

Altez said his client would resist that..

<snipped>

http://www.kxan.com/dpps/news/international/peru-court-says-van-der-sloots-extradition-after-sentence-wd12-jgr_4195028

s.t. - Received June 8/12

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.