March 28, 2024, 07:56:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DATA POSTS - TAMIKOSMOM  (Read 132186 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2012, 12:57:00 AM »

THE INTERVIEW

Peter Devries and Beth Holloway in Alabama

'If he thinks I've been pestering him for the past five years, he hasn't seen anything yet. There is more to come … there is more to come.'

Beth Holloway - October, 2010

The Extortion - The Face to Face - In Beth Holloway's Own Words

Peter R de Vries Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse1/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85iPwvW7izo

Peter R de Vries Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse2/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk91KY2OEV8

PRdV Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3RyjM_HBM

Peter R de Vries Oct 31`10 Extortion van der Sloot without remorse4/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7UwT6tVkFU

s.t.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2012, 04:41:14 PM »

THE PERUVIAN BALANCING ACTS

1. THE LESSER CHARGE

2. THE DELAYED BIRMINGHAM EXTRADITION

Could it be that the "corrupt" Peruvian Justice System has placed itself in a position that Joran van Sloot must be appeased while at the same time the prominent Flores' family and the the Peruvian people as well as the Birmingham prosecutor must be convinced that justice for Stephany is the objective.

1. THE LESSER CHARGE

IF the murder beyond brutal of Stephany Flores did not justify a charge filed by the Peruvian prosecutor that carried a life sentence for Joran van der Sloot ... IF the murder beyond brutal of Stephany Flores did not justify a panel of Peruvian judges to rule against the lesser charge filed by the prosecutor ... for crying out loud in Peru what does justify a charge filing that carries a life sentence?

Then there is Joran's sentence appeal ... a sentence appeal that meets "all the requirements" of the Third Penal Court of Lima for a review.

Did the Peruvian prosecutor, the panel of judges and the Third Penal Court of Lima read Joran's confession. I mean REALLY read Joran's confession ... comprehend the implications and then imagine a daughter/sister/grandaughter in Stephany Flores' place on the night of May 30, 2010?

Did the Peruvian prosecutor, the panel of judges and the Third Penal Court of Lima read Joran's confession. I mean REALLY read Joran's confession ... comprehend the implications and then imagine the anguish if one of them were the parents/sibling/grandparent of Stephany Flores?

I am outrage! According to Peruvian justice ... how it stands now ... Joran could be released in nine years!! Even the mere possibility that the appeals court could rule that Joran is worthy of a lighter sentence is a slap in the face of Lady Justice. The scales are far from balanced.

Joran van der Sloot - In His Own Words

Confession: Joran van der Sloot describes killing Stephany Flores
June 15, 2010

Asked for a detailed description of the killing:

"She was on the bed when I hit her hard with my right elbow and I think her head went back and hit the wall, then she begins to bleed, immediately I get on top of her and with both hands I begin to strangle her, keeping her that way for a minute. After that, I throw her to the floor but she keeps breathing. At that moment I take off my shirt and put it on her face, pressing on it. I don't remember for how long but she stops breathing, in this way I think I caused her death."

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/confession_joran_van_der_sloot.html

Judges are One with the Prosecutor and Against the Family

Date set for van der Sloot murder trial
November 26, 2011

In September, the victim's family asked a three-judge panel for a more stringent charge akin to aggravated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, but the panel of judges ruled on the prosecution's side.

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro told CNN'S In Session this was a big win for his client. If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Date-set-for-van-der-Sloot-murder-trial/J1Yl6nagmkmRXf0qcfRMXA.cspx

The Third Penal Court of Lima - Requirements Met for Sentence Appeal

Joran Reportedly Getting Married Seeks Overturn of Prison Sentence
July 19, 2012

Two weeks ago, the Third Penal Court of Lima accepted the paperwork submitted by Van der Sloot’s defense attorney, Maximo Altez, in which he requests that the sentence be annulled. The court clerk stated that he meets the requirements the law establishes for its respective review, and this recourse has been handed over to Peru’s Supreme Court for evaluation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/19/joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-getting-married-seeks-overturn-of-prison-sentence.html

2. THE DELAYED BIRMINGHAM EXTRADITION

Why within THE SAME DAY of Joran's challenge did the Peruvian judge reverse her prior ruling approving a U.S. request to have Joran van der Sloot extradited to Birmingham following the outcome of his sentence appeal ... extradited to Birmingham to face charges related to the extortion beyond cruel of Beth Holloway.

Will John Q. Kelly, the Federal prosecutors and/or representatives from the U.S. Embassy and the FBI be permitted to submit a challenge to the delayed extradition ruling prior to the endorsement of the Justice Minister and Cabinet?

Food for Thought

IF Peru's Justice Minister and Cabinet approves the Supreme Court's reverse ruling to delay the Birmingham extradition until Joran has served his 9-28 year Peruvian sentence for the murder beyond brutal of Stephany Flores ... could it be that the extradition to Birmingham may never happen?

Could it be that 9-28 years down the road ... the extortion case against Joran van der Sloot may be compromised and therefore dropped? Could it be that some crucial State and defence witnesses who were involved in the happenings encompassing both the extortion and the sting operation may not be available or in a position to effectively provide the court with testimonies? In time meories do fade. In time health issues do arise. In time deaths do happens. Hey ... Murphy's Law dictates that an almost 66 year old Tamikosmom will be pushing up daisies in another 28 years.

Peruvian Judge Approves Birmingham Extradition

Peru Gives Green Light For Joran Van Der Sloot To Be Extradited To The U.S.
Apr 24, 2012

Peru has approved the extradition of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. to stand trial for extortion and wire fraud in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

According to court documents obtained by Joran's attorney Maximo Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention, marking the first step in the extraction process and meaning he could land on American soil within three months, reported CNN.com.

Once his appeal for that sentence is completed in the next month, "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there,” explained Altez, where U.S. authorities want to try the Dutchman on charges of extortion and wire fraud in the Holloway case.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/joran-van-der-sloot-extradited-us-peru

Joran Fights Birmingham Extradition

Joran Van der Sloot to Fight US Extradition from Peru
May 09, 2012

Judge Zenaida Vilca informed Van der Sloot of the U.S. extradition request during a closed door meeting at Piedras Gordas prison just north of Lima. The 24-year-old Dutchman told the judge he would fight extradition, his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/05/09/joran-van-der-sloot-to-fight-us-extradition/

Joran van der Sloot challenges extradition to U.S. From Mayra Cuevas
May 9, 2012

Joran van der Sloot told a judge and prosecutor Tuesday that he would prefer to finish serving a 28-year murder sentence in Peru rather than be extradited to the United States to face charges related to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, his Peruvian lawyer said.

Representatives from the U.S. Embassy and the FBI attended the extradition hearing, which was not open to the public, Maximo Altez told InSession on Tru TV. Peru

Peruvian Judge Delays Birmingham Extradition

Peru court: Can extradite Dutchman after prison
Jun. 4 12:25 PM

U.S. prosecutors who want to try Joran van der Sloot for extortion related to the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway will have to wait until he finishes serving a murder sentence in Peru, this nation's Supreme Court has ruled.

Van der Sloot's lawyer, who was notified of the decision Friday, said Monday that he expects his client will be made to serve at least two-thirds of the 28-year sentence.

The court's May 23 decision on extradition is not final, however. Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must endorse it, said the lawyer, Maximo Altez.

The Dutchman, who was raised in Aruba, remains the prime suspect in the Holloway disappearance on the Caribbean island, and the U.S. charges stem from his alleged acceptance of $25,000 in early 2010 in exchange for an unfulfilled promise to lead her mother's lawyer, John Q. Kelly, to the body.

Federal prosecutors in Birmingham, Alabama, where Van der Sloot is charged, declined to comment on the court's decision. Kelly said he had no immediate comment.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/peru-court-can-extradite-dutchman-after-prison

CONCLUSION

Will justice prevail for the murder beyond brutal of Stephany? Will justice prevail for the extortion beyond cruel of Beth Holloway? Or ... are there Aruban/Dutch higher ups behind the scenes pulling Peruvian strings in an attempt to protect Joran van der Sloot from accountability.

Food for Thought

If Joran plays his ace ... the Aruban/Dutch house of cards collapses when ALL those who were involved in the happening on the morning of May 30, 2005 are exposed and ... ALL higher-ups within and without of the corrupt Natalee Holloway investigation who were participants through knowledge or involvement in the ensuing cover up are exposed.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »

Neither petition from Joran's attorneys to the Third Penal Court of Lima or the IACHR was rejected.  What are the implications?

+++++

The Third Penal Court of Lima

July 19, 2012

Two weeks ago, the Third Penal Court of Lima accepted the paperwork submitted by Van der Sloot’s defense attorney, Maximo Altez, in which he requests that the sentence be annulled. The court clerk stated that he meets the requirements the law establishes for its respective review, and this recourse has been handed over to Peru’s Supreme Court for evaluation.

<snipped>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/19/joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-getting-married-seeks-overturn-of-prison-sentence.html

The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights

Joran Van Der Sloot Could Get A New Trial And His Sentence Reversed
Oct 11, 2012

"The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights are going to give a final decision by December," van der Sloot's lawyer, Aldo-Favio Cotrina, told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

"They could reverse the case and order a new trial to have his sentence reduced," he explained. "This is very good news for Joran!"

<snipped>

"A letter was sent to us from the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights last month confirming that they have accepted his case," Cotrina told Radar.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/joran-van-der-sloot-new-trial-sentence-reversed

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »

Excessive Privileges

Flores, Holloway families await van der Sloot's trial
1/13/2012

Stephany Flores’ family is still holding out hope they can convince the court to increase the charges to include a possible life sentence. Stephany’s father, Ricardo Flores, claims Van der Sloot has lived “like a king” while the Flores family mourns.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Flores-Holloway-families-await-van-der-Sloots/KxiEyoDHDEypHoVG4yN6Sw.cspx

Van der Sloot Gets 28 Years for Murder in Peru
Jan 13, 2012 6:15 PM EST

After the conviction, the victim’s father, Ricardo Flores, and older brother, Enrique, held a press conference. “We’re about to conclude an investigation, and we hope we’ll be able to release the information on Monday regarding the excess privileges this man has had from the first day of his seclusion,” said Mr. Ricardo Flores.

Flores’s attorney took the microphone and demanded: “How can it be that a person that is in prison is more comfortable than if he were free? We will hold a press conference to present all the irregularities in this man’s imprisonment on Monday.”

<snipped>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/13/van-der-sloot-gets-28-years-for-murder-in-peru.html

Saturday, January 14, 2012
Peru court sentences Van der Sloot to 28 years

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

<snipped>

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/avantgo/2017229687.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: November 22, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »

THE PERUVIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM - TAINTED WITH CORRUPTION

Judicial System

Individual Corruption

The Peruvian judicial system is tainted with corruption and official pressure, according to the US Department of State 2010. Similarly, Freedom House 2011 reports that corruption in the judiciary remains rampant. Also Transparency International's Global Corruption Barometer 2010 points out that the judiciary is among the most corrupt public institutions in Peru. According to the report, well over half of the surveyed households consider it as 'extremely corrupt', while more than a quarter reports having paid a bribe in 2009. Also, in the Proética Fifth National Survey on Corruption 2008, the surveyed citizens consider the judiciary to be among the most corrupt institutionsin Peru.  User surveys also indicate that unofficial payments affect both the speed and the final outcome of judicial processes.

http://www.business-anti-corruption.com/country-profiles/latin-america-the-caribbean/peru/corruption-levels/judicial-system/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: November 22, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »

From the Getgo

Does the Dutch Embassy advocate to such an extent for all Dutch citizens who are detained on suspicion of committing a crime in Peru?

Does the Peruvian interior minister instruct authories on all cases not to release information without his permission? 

+++++++

Holloway Suspect's Peru Detention Extended
Published June 07, 2010

Dutch Embassy chief consular officer Angela Lowe said her government was providing van der Sloot with "regular consular assistance, which means an occasional consular visit, and we will make sure he is being treated decently, just like any other inmate."

She said Peruvian authorities have assured the Dutch government they are treating him well. "They are taking this case very seriously," she added. "The world is watching."

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/06/dutch-murder-suspects-asks-private-lawyer-spent-week-police-office-peru/

Van der Sloot remains jailed as murder investigation continues
June 6, 2010 9:39 p.m. EDT

The Embassy has told Peruvian authorities that it is not comfortable with the way van der Sloot has been presented to the media, Neyra said.

The Peruvian interior minister is asking authorities not to talk about the case without his authorization.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/06/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=Sbin

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »

Delegation from the Dutch Embassy

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Van Der Sloot Captured on Murder Charge
Aired June 3, 2010 - 19:00:00   ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Vinda De Sousa is on the line. She is the Aruban attorney for Natalee Holloway`s dad, Dave.  Vinda, we have just learned that a delegation from the Dutch embassy visited Joran minutes ago in a Chilean jail. ...

OK. What are your thoughts of the fact that the Dutch embassy visited him in jail in Chile?

DE SOUSA: Well, you know, that`s -- that`s not unusual. Whenever a Dutch citizen is jailed abroad, either the embassy or the consul general will visit the person detained or in custody, being a Dutch citizen, to offer assistance, it`s part of the Dutch policy.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/03/ijvm.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: November 22, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »

Carpe does have a way with words.

carpe noctem
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #836 6/8/10 -
« Reply #916 on: June 10, 2010, 12:57:31 AM »

Those rusty Dutch buggers just can`t keep their hands off that boy, can they?

It`s built in to their DNA.

As was learned, the Dutchman would have the advice of a private lawyer had been hired by diplomats from the embassy.

http://www.ojo.com.pe/ojo/nota.php?txtSecci_id=25&txtNota_id=368861

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8078.msg1153576#msg1153576

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: November 22, 2012, 05:56:07 PM »

SELF-EDIT MY LAST POST

Almost 66 years of life there is not much that causes me to be shocked.

Janet

s/b

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »

An Aruban Peruvian Agreement

I would have given almost anything to be a fly on the wall when the interview between Aruban investigators and Joran van der Sloot occurred in the Peruvian lockup within two weeks of Joran's apprehension for the murder beyond brutal of Stephany Flores.

If Aruban investigators had been as quick to interview Joran following the extortion sting one month earlier while he was still on Aruban soil ... could it be that a young lady name Stephany would not have had a deadly encounter and today she would be following her dreams.

Janet

+++++

Aruban, Peruvian authorities will 'help each other' in murder probe
June 15, 2010

Aruban and Peruvian authorities have agreed to "help each other" in the murder investigation of Stephany Flores -- in which Joran Van der Sloot is the prime suspect, an Aruban government spokesman said Tuesday.

Following a phone meeting with Peruvian Judge Carlos Morales on Tuesday morning, Aruban government spokesman Taco Stein said Peruvian authorities have agreed to allow Aruban investigators into Peru to interview van der Sloot once a formal request has been made.

http://articles.cnn.com/keyword/aruban

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2012, 11:48:05 PM »

Could Joran van der Sloot will be afforded a reduced sentence whether of not the appeal of his Peruvian sentence is successful?

Netherlands, Peru sign prisoner swap deal
Published May 12, 2011

THE HAGUE, Netherlands –  Under an agreement signed Thursday, Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot could serve part of his sentence in the Netherlands if he is convicted of murdering a Peruvian student nearly a year ago.

The foreign ministers of the two countries agreed that Dutch prisoners in Peru and Peruvians jailed in the Netherlands can apply to complete their prison terms in their homeland once their appeal process has been completed. ...

Under the accord, if a prisoner received a longer sentence in Peru than the maximum under Dutch law, the sentence would be reduced, the Dutch ministry said. But each country has the right to deny the prisoner's transfer request

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/05/12/netherlands-peru-sign-prisoner-swap-deal/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: November 22, 2012, 11:54:13 PM »

It appears that the Flores' family had issues with the Peruvian prosecutor prior to the filing of the lesser charge?

Woman's family wants speedy trial for van der Sloot
August 17, 2011

The family of a slain Peruvian woman is urging prosecutors to file their case against murder suspect Joran van der Sloot, warning that he may be released by December unless the case goes ahead.

"We are worried because Peruvian law says that if a suspect's trial doesn't begin within 18 months after his arrest, authorities are obligated to set the suspect free," Ricardo Flores, the dead woman's father, told CNN. ...

Investigators delivered their case file to prosecutors in June for a decision on charges. Ricardo Flores said the prosecutor in the case, Miriam Riveros Castellares, is "not moving with the speed that a case of this magnitude merits."

"We're asking that either the prosecutor file charges or that authorities remove her from this case and name somebody else," he said.

There was no immediate response to the family's concerns from the prosecutor's office.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-17/justice/peru.van.der.sloot_1_stephany-flores-sloot-lima-hotel-room?_s=PM:CRIME

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: November 23, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »

A Corrupt Judiciary Going Through the Motions?

A possible life sentence charge against Joran van der Sloot was a Peruvian legal option ... a Peruvian legal option the family of Stephany Flores disperately hoped would happen.  In September, 2011 when it did not happen and a lesser charge was filed by the prosecutor ... a lesser charge of 30 years that could translate into 10 years ...  the family clung to the hope that evidence presented during a trial would convinced  the judge to up the charge to a possible life sentence.  However ... when Joran pleaded guilty ... those hopes were dashed.  The lesser charge was a given.

Peru to beef up Joran van der Sloot charges
17 September 2011

At the first public hearing, on 12 September 2011, Mr Van der Sloot was charged with murder and robbery. The Public Prosecutor called for a 30-year jail sentence and damages of 50,000 euros.

The lawyer for the victim’s family said the charges should not be “murder followed by robbery” but “robbery followed by murder”, which carries a life sentence. He also rejected the 50,000 euro compensation as insufficient.

The judge hearing the case has instructed the Public Prosecutor to reformulate the charges, which will delay the trial.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/peru-beef-joran-van-der-sloot-charges

Prosecutor rejects beefed up charges against van der Sloot
11/21/2011

Peruvian prosecutors have rejected a plea by Stephany Flores' family to have Joran van der Sloot charged with "robbery with murder" which would have carried a possible life sentence. Instead, the prosecution wants to stick with "murder followed by robbery" which carries a 30 year max.

Pablo Sánchez Velarde,the public prosecutor in the Peruvian capital Lima, says he will maintain the original charge of murder against Dutch citizen Joran van der Sloot. He characterised the charge as ‘clear and coherent’.

The semantics mean decades less sentence for the Dutchman who has already admitted he killed Stephany.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Prosecutor-rejects-beefed-up-charges-against-van/c9Vb7NMzVUmAStCTOujEEw.cspx

Date set for van der Sloot murder trial
11/26/2011

Admitted killer Joran van der Sloot finally has a trial date in Peru. Media there say the trial has been set for January 6 on charges he killed and robbed 21 year old student Stephany Flores.

In September, the victim's family asked a three-judge panel for a more stringent charge akin to aggravated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, but the panel of judges ruled on the prosecution's side.

Van der Sloot's defense attorney Luis Jimenez Navarro told CNN'S In Session this was a big win for his client. If Van der Sloot is found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty, under Peru's jail reduction credits, he may only serve a third of the time.

The Flores family remains hopeful this will not be the case. An attorney for the family tells In Session under the Peruvian justice system the charges could change once the trial begins.

According to Edwar Alvarez, the Flores family’s lawyer, with different charges Van der Sloot could receive life imprisonment

"We can ask the Prosecutor to modify the indictment as new facts come out during the trial, but on the first day of trial we expect Van der Sloot to plead guilty to both charges. It seems this will be in his best interest,“ the attorney said.

"He had an indifferent and prideful attitude. He looks as if he has everything under control. He looks better than when he appeared on TV after he was arrested," Ricardo Flores told CNN.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Date-set-for-van-der-Sloot-murder-trial/J1Yl6nagmkmRXf0qcfRMXA.cspx

Flores, Holloway families await van der Sloot's trial
1/13/2012

Stephany Flores’ family is still holding out hope they can convince the court to increase the charges to include a possible life sentence. Stephany’s father, Ricardo Flores, claims Van der Sloot has lived “like a king” while the Flores family mourns.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Flores-Holloway-families-await-van-der-Sloots/KxiEyoDHDEypHoVG4yN6Sw.cspx

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: November 23, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »

THE PERUVIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM - TAINTED WITH CORRUPTION

Judicial System

Individual Corruption

The Peruvian judicial system is tainted with corruption and official pressure, according to the US Department of State 2010. Similarly, Freedom House 2011 reports that corruption in the judiciary remains rampant. Also Transparency International's Global Corruption Barometer 2010 points out that the judiciary is among the most corrupt public institutions in Peru. According to the report, well over half of the surveyed households consider it as 'extremely corrupt', while more than a quarter reports having paid a bribe in 2009. Also, in the Proética Fifth National Survey on Corruption 2008, the surveyed citizens consider the judiciary to be among the most corrupt institutionsin Peru.  User surveys also indicate that unofficial payments affect both the speed and the final outcome of judicial processes.

http://www.business-anti-corruption.com/country-profiles/latin-america-the-caribbean/peru/corruption-levels/judicial-system/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: November 23, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »

<snipped>

CONCLUSION

Will justice prevail for the murder beyond brutal of Stephany? Will justice prevail for the extortion beyond cruel of Beth Holloway? Or ... are there Aruban/Dutch higher ups behind the scenes pulling Peruvian strings in an attempt to protect Joran van der Sloot from accountability.

Food for Thought

If Joran plays his ace ... the Aruban/Dutch house of cards collapses when ALL those who were involved in the happening on the morning of May 30, 2005 are exposed and ... ALL higher-ups within and without of the corrupt Natalee Holloway investigation who were participants through knowledge or involvement in the ensuing cover up are exposed.

San
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #841 6/22/10 -
« Reply #1553 on: June 26, 2010, 12:47:13 AM
»

I just have a feeling something even bigger is going to happen.  I have a feeling that Joran is going to throw people under the bus and start naming names.  Joran is mad and he will turn his anger towards Aruba for not helping him.  Everyone get ready to run.

People like:

Van der Straaten
Rudy Croes
Nelson Oduber
Karin Jannsen
Rick Smid
Bob Witt
Ben King
Michael Posner
Julia Renfro

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8145.msg1170391#msg1170391

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: November 24, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »

Special Treatment for Joran?

One of Joran van der Sloots attorneys claim that conjugal visits are not allowed at Piedras Gordas while another claims that he made arrangement.

Could it be that Peruvian penal system is corrupt and rules are overlooked by higher ups for a price?  Considering Leidy Figueroa Uceda was Joran's "registered" conjugal guest it makes sense that a guard was not slipped a bribe.

What is the official policy regarding conjugal visits at Piedras Gordas prison?

Attorney Aldo Cotrina

No Wedding Bells For Joran! Reports Of Van Der Sloot's Marriage 'Are A Joke,' Says His Lawyer
Posted on Jul 20, 2012

It was reported that the charismatic convict had women come visit him at his former and more lenient prison, Castro Castro (although his lawyer at the time denied that he got one of them pregnant in June 2011), but conjugal visits are not allowed in his new home.

"He is allowed relatives to visit but no girlfriends," explained Cotrina, and for married inmates: "Wives are permitted but not for conjugal visits or overnight stays.

<snipped>

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/joran-van-der-sloot-not-getting-married-lawyer-exclusive

Attorney Maximo Altez

Joran Van Der Sloot's Lawyer Denies He Got Woman Pregnant in Prison
Oct. 8, 2012

Altez blamed the pregnancy rumors on his own client and said De Telegraaf had never contacted the lawyer directly.

Uceda, however, had been authorized to visit van der Sloot for conjugal visits, he said. Altez said he originally utilized the woman, who had access to the prison, to help him run errands there. Later, he helped make arrangements to grant her permission for conjugal visits with van der Sloot.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/News/joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-denies-woman-pregnant/story?id=17426249

Report: Imprisoned Joran van der Sloot impregnates woman
Oct 08, 2012

Van der Sloot's attorney Maximo Altez, told The Associated Press that a woman named Leidy Figueroa Uceda "is registered as a conjugal visitor of Joran. She is registered in the visitors books of the Piedras Gordas prison in Lima."

<snipped>

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/Report-Imprisoned-Joran-van-der-Sloot-impregnates-woman/-/9837878/16901808/-/74mtf1z/-/index.html?absolute=true

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: November 24, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »

"Not a fair sentence but I accept" - Ricardo Flores - January 17, 2012

Ricardo Flores: Creo que la sentencia no fue justa pero la aceptamos
Martes, 17 de Enero 2012  |  5:00 am

El padre de Stephany Flores, Ricardo Flores, consideró que la sentencia al asesino de su hija, Joran Van der Sloot, ‘no fue justa’ pero ‘de todas maneras la aceptamos’. De igual modo, expresó que ‘nunca sintió que ha perdido a su hija’.

“Tenía una meta que sí se ha logrado con la sentencia, pero creo que no ha sido la más justa. Pese a ello, la aceptamos porque no puedo hacer sufrir más a mi familia para que se consiga un poco más de pena”, explicó.

Asimismo, indicó que la primera vez que vio a Van der Sloot durante el juicio, se sintió afectado y tuvo que retirarse. “Pensé que iba a verlo más golpeado, flaco, como cualquiera que piensa que sucede con un hombre en la cárcel. Pero estaba más gordo y soberbio, y no hacía  caso a las autoridades”, señaló.

Aseguró que ‘nunca sintió que ha perdido a su hija’. “Lo que yo siento que he perdido es el cuerpo de mi hija. El alma de mi hija lo tengo conmigo”, expresó.

Finalmente, pidió a la prensa que no sigan llamándolo para brindar declaraciones sobre el tema. De igual manera, exhortó a las autoridades para ‘otras personas no pasen por lo que ha pasado’. “Es muy difícil defenderse en el Perú”, indicó.

<snipped>

Video:
http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-01-17-ricardo-flores-creo-que-la-sentencia-no-fue-justa-pero-la-aceptamos-noticia_441503.html

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: November 24, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »

The anticipated press conference implied by Ricardo Flores did not happen.  Could it be that it the timing was not right and an expose' may be released following a judge's ruling in regards to Joran van der Sloots sentence appeal?

Could it be that something akin to Beth Holloway and Aruba ... Ricardo Flores will become a force for Peru to reckon with?

+++++

Judges sentence Holloway suspect Van der Sloot to 28 years in Peru woman's murder
Associated Press
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:3 PM

<snipped>

The Peruvian victim's father, Ricardo Flores, complained after the sentencing that Van der Sloot was living well in a Lima prison, where he has been segregated from the general population.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cellphone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Flores said that "everything they showed on the TV has been proven" but that he would not have documentation of it to present to the news media until Monday.

Van der Sloot's attorney, Jose Jimenez, said he is not familiar with his client's prison cell.

As in many developing nations, foreigners with money can buy superior treatment in Peru's prisons, including decent food, while the vast majority of inmates suffer overcrowding and constant peril from criminal gangs.

<snipped>

http://www.globalnews.ca/canada/world/sentencing+day+for+van+der+sloot+in+peru+woman39s+murder/6442558710/story.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: November 24, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »

Why did the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights (IACHR) accept and not reject the lawsuit petition filed on behalf of Joran van der Sloot?

The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights

Joran Van Der Sloot Could Get A New Trial And His Sentence Reversed
Oct 11, 2012

"The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights are going to give a final decision by December," van der Sloot's lawyer, Aldo-Favio Cotrina, told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

"They could reverse the case and order a new trial to have his sentence reduced," he explained. "This is very good news for Joran!"

<snipped>

"A letter was sent to us from the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights last month confirming that they have accepted his case," Cotrina told Radar.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/joran-van-der-sloot-new-trial-sentence-reversed

Van der Sloot sues over extradition
11/27/2011

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT)  Joran van der Sloot wants $10 million dollars for what he calls human rights violations when he was extradited from Chile to Peru a year and a half ago.

<snipped>

According to the Lima daily El Commercio van der Sloot claims there was pressure from the then President of the Republic Alan García Pérez" to the Chilean government to extradite the Dutchman, who was arrested in Arica shortly after the murder.

Also named in the lawsuit are former interior minister Octavio Salazarm  former Police Generala Cesar Guardia and Miguel Hidalgo , and the murdered girl's father, Ricardo Flores.

Van der Sloot has previously raised the same issues of due process and police irregularities....claims that have been dismissed by Peruvian courts.   This time he filed his claim with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-sues-over-extradition/SptNOlV4qEGqhQJ5XFFYvA.cspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: November 24, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »

Prior to accepting and not rejecting the sentence appeal petition submitted on behalf of Joran van der Sloot ... did the court clerk who represents the Thrid Penal Court of Lima have a boo at the letters that attorney Jimenez claims that his client authored following the trial ... the letters that allegedly revealed ... in Joran's own words ... satisfaction with his representation.

The Third Penal Court of Lima

July 19, 2012

“If we are allowed to proceed, we will request a revision of the sentence, where Joran will say he was ill-advised by his previous attorney who had promised him 15 years in exchange for a guilty plea,” Altez said during a phone interview in Lima.

<snipped>

In an interview in Lima with Newsweek, Jimenez, Van der Sloot’s former attorney, showed two letters Van der Sloot wrote in January, in the days following his conviction, in which Van der Sloot states that he is satisfied with the sentence. “How could I have cheated him if he expressed his satisfaction in two letters?” says Jimenez, pointing to where Van der Sloot wrote: “What me and Jimenez did was the best,” and “I am pleased with Mr. Jimenez’s work.”

“Both were written right after his sentencing, so if I had offered a plea bargain, how could he declare to be satisfied with my work in writing? I was his attorney until May; why didn’t he take me off the case immediately after the trial in January?”

<snipped>

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.