March 28, 2024, 06:33:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEN'S CAKES  (Read 160317 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »

Please be very careful not to trip over any tongues while viewing this thread.

Tripping is only one of the problems!   

The floors wet from all the drooling! It's a virtual slip and slide!!!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »

Hey everyone! You all are so sweet! I'm so happy you like looking at my cakes! Here's "Stewie", they loved him!

You are just awesome Monken, and so are your cakes.  What color did you make the cake in this one?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2009, 12:39:40 PM »

Wow, that is just great 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »

Hey Monken.   

That cake looks awesome.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »

Hey everyone! You all are so sweet! I'm so happy you like looking at my cakes! Here's "Stewie", they loved him!

I love your "Stewie" cake too!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2009, 06:13:50 PM »

Monken your cakes are all super dumper!  I love them all...all different and all unique

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2009, 06:15:27 PM »

Monken your cakes are all super dumper!   DUPER I meant DUPER!!   I love them all...all different and all unique

SUPER DUPER CAKES BY MONKEN

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »

OH MY GOSH!!  Thanks everyone so much!!!
The cake in this one was red, yellow & blue. I have another one I did today that I'll have here in a few! Love you all, Monken    

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »

Here's the other one! I wish I had a big piece of one of these too, it's my favorite!!     You all are just too cute with your responses & I love them!!   

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2009, 07:25:38 PM »

It's so festive, Monken!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2009, 07:42:09 PM »

Here's the other one! I wish I had a big piece of one of these too, it's my favorite!!     You all are just too cute with your responses & I love them!!   

Monken, what icing do you use? And what is the cake...chocolate?!?!?!?!  licking my lips as I type Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »

Monken, what icing do you use? And what is the cake...chocolate?!?!?!?!  licking my lips as I type Monkey Devil!

Move over...I brought us a fork.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2009, 09:36:39 PM »

Can ya'll scoot on over a little more?        

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »

Well, I actually like white cake better than chocolate so I get extra pieces!

Wonderful cakes, Monken.  I don't think I have ever seen such personalization on BD cakes before.  We don't have anything like these in my area.

And is it my imagination or are you really making them more and more, busier and more orders?  I can sure see why that would happen.  How long does each one take to make, start to finish?  I think it would take me about a week on each one and the birthday would be over before I was finished with the cake!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2009, 02:11:15 AM »

If I take a little corner off the end, do you think they will notice?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2009, 02:18:21 AM »

Move over...I brought us a fork.   

Thanks.  I brought my own!

My fork keeps disappearing!   

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/images/mo/MOSPRfork_hetherington.jpg

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:27:06 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2009, 11:14:56 AM »

Hey Guys! I do love to personalize every cake I make; I put a lot of time into each one. And that's what people love! The cake itself is almost always white & then I color it depending on the color theme, if they want it that way. Sometimes someone will request a different flavor & that's not a problem either. I've done devil's food, red velvet & butter recipe before. I make my icing with powdered sugar, shortening & milk & it is wonderful! It doesn't taste like what you buy at Walmart or a grocery store. I usually bake the cake a day ahead & decorate the next day. It takes 5 to 6 hours to finish a 1/2 sheet size from baking, decorating & clean-up. And yes, I'm getting more & more orders! I don't advertise at all, it's all word of mouth & referrals. i already have orders for sept. & oct! The oct. cake is a birthday but a halloween theme! I've never done a halloween one before & I can't wait     There's a million things you can do for halloween. it may end up being a haunted house scene!! Thank you all for your support & encouragement; i love all of you monkeys!!    

Phaedrus
crazybabyborg
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »

Hey Guys! I do love to personalize every cake I make; I put a lot of time into each one. And that's what people love! The cake itself is almost always white & then I color it depending on the color theme, if they want it that way. Sometimes someone will request a different flavor & that's not a problem either. I've done devil's food, red velvet & butter recipe before. I make my icing with powdered sugar, shortening & milk & it is wonderful! It doesn't taste like what you buy at Walmart or a grocery store. I usually bake the cake a day ahead & decorate the next day. It takes 5 to 6 hours to finish a 1/2 sheet size from baking, decorating & clean-up. And yes, I'm getting more & more orders! I don't advertise at all, it's all word of mouth & referrals. i already have orders for sept. & oct! The oct. cake is a birthday but a halloween theme! I've never done a halloween one before & I can't wait     There's a million things you can do for halloween. it may end up being a haunted house scene!! Thank you all for your support & encouragement; i love all of you monkeys!!    

MONKEN!!!! I love the balloon cake!!! I think it's my very favorite!! Of course that changes with each new creation, but that one is really great!!!

Do a self portrait for Halloween!!   

I just finished your Halloween avi and you have a new outfit!   
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2009, 07:12:05 PM »

I love all your cakes, Monken. Thank you for sharing them with us.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2009, 07:49:18 PM »

Great job, Monken!    I love Family Guy - and Stewie cracks me up.   I wish I could have this cake for my birthday!      I love all your creations.  Thanks for letting us see your work.

My mom makes her icing the same way you do.    Yummy.    Nothing like real homemade icing.     an angelic monkey 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.