April 26, 2024, 02:01:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEN'S CAKES  (Read 161273 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: August 01, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »

I really enjoy this thread Monken.      I'm looking forward to the tiered fondant
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:20:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »

I really enjoy this thread Monken.      I'm looking forward to the tiered fondant

She changed her mind Muffy, she couldn't afford to spend the money on it so she went with a half sheet cake  But it did turn out beautiful!! I haven't posted here in forever! I have several cakes to post & my granddaughter's 5th b'day party is this weekend too! She wants super mario  I have to catch up, I've been sooo busy since school started! I miss & love you all!!  BBL

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2010, 05:15:54 PM »

She changed her mind Muffy, she couldn't afford to spend the money on it so she went with a half sheet cake   But it did turn out beautiful!! I haven't posted here in forever! I have several cakes to post & my granddaughter's 5th b'day party is this weekend too! She wants super mario   I have to catch up, I've been sooo busy since school started! I miss & love you all!!   BBL

It's good to see you again Monken!!  (and I look forward to seeing more luscious, delicious cakes too!!)      
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:20:31 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: September 14, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »

She changed her mind Muffy, she couldn't afford to spend the money on it so she went with a half sheet cake   But it did turn out beautiful!! I haven't posted here in forever! I have several cakes to post & my granddaughter's 5th b'day party is this weekend too! She wants super mario   I have to catch up, I've been sooo busy since school started! I miss & love you all!!   BBL

It's good to see you again Monken!!  (and I look forward to seeing more luscious, delicious cakes too!!)      

Hey Muffy, here ya go (I have a 3 tier bday cake due Sun, too!) Love you all!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: September 14, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

It's cake heaven  an angelic monkey   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #405 on: September 20, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »

Wow Monken they are all wonderful.  I am glad you have been busy I was getting worried some thing was wrong. Your very talented. I love looking at all your cakes. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: October 04, 2010, 07:43:43 AM »

I love looking at the cakes as well...only thing is that whenever I do need to order a cake,I am always disappointed that I cant get a "monken cake"!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #407 on: October 07, 2010, 08:24:08 AM »

My first visit to this thread and I really enjoyed looking at this art.
Sadly, it is only 7:20 AM and I am drooling........................

Thank you for sharing your talent, Monken.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: October 07, 2010, 09:36:57 AM »

beautiful art work on your cakes as usual Monken...

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: October 16, 2010, 10:57:35 AM »

Thank you everybody, you all are so sweet! I hope you like! I have a wedding this week & the cake is denim!!     With silver fondant bows! We'll see!  Anyways enjoy, Love you all!

Phaedrus
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #410 on: October 16, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »

Monken they are all fabulous  I can't pick one that's my favorite I love them all. The wedding cake sounds like another wonderful creation by Monken. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2010, 07:25:31 PM »

so talented Monken!! love looking at these cakes...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »

How sweet it is!!   Lot's of beautiful new cake creations  They're wonderful Monken 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2010, 09:58:49 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous!  I have missed seeing your beautiful and creative cakes.

Oh...and they are delicious, too.  (Don't tell the bee, I took a little taste)!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #414 on: October 24, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »

Monken...your cakes are gorgeous and your hubby is right ..you don't charge enough. My niece does cakes and the fondant is really expensive .Around here it is $20.00 for 5 lbs. Ashley gets $350.00 for a wedding cake. And hers are cheap compared to another lady here.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: November 02, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »

Monken...your cakes are gorgeous and your hubby is right ..you don't charge enough. My niece does cakes and the fondant is really expensive .Around here it is $20.00 for 5 lbs. Ashley gets $350.00 for a wedding cake. And hers are cheap compared to another lady here.

Hey Darla! I didn't know your niece did cakes!!  I make my own fondant & it is sooo time consuming, but it's worth it! I haven't done an all fondant cake yet, it's usually buttercream with fondant accents like a big bow or something. But I'm so afraid I'll scare customers away with pricing. I really don't have much to compare to, I use tara's in Hattiesburg & then price way under, but I do spend a whole lot of time on every cake. I'm posting pics today of the denim wedding cakes I did. There were two the same size (two-tiered) with silver fondant bows. i charged her 225.00 for both. She said that was way under anyone else's price, but i don't know what those prices were. I've charged 45.00 for a half sheet cake for years regardless of design. Maybe I should go up 5.00 or so? Anyways thank you Darla!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #416 on: November 02, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »

Oh, i forgot on the denim cakes i also used a texture sheet to make the icing look like fabric. It's hard to tell in the pictures but she really liked it!! here's some new ones!! 

This was the groom's cake! 

Phaedrus
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2010, 01:19:11 AM »

Monken  They are gorgeous.  I love the blue Denim cake with the sliver bow. Your cakes are wonderful. I agree with Darla you don't charge enough.    I always love coming in here and see what you have come up with. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2010, 09:02:15 AM »

Hey Monken!Great looking cakes!Yummy.

Greeneyes,I'll run and get a couple of forks.....if I hurry we can finish off one of these before Muffy catches us!          

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #419 on: November 05, 2010, 11:25:28 PM »

Hey Monken!Great looking cakes!Yummy.

Greeneyes,I'll run and get a couple of forks.....if I hurry we can finish off one of these before Muffy catches us!          

Quick Trimm  Monkey Devil! You know she is a busy Bee

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.