April 27, 2024, 10:32:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEN'S CAKES  (Read 161322 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2010, 10:16:03 PM »

Love your cakes Monken!  You are so talented.  You could go into business and ship the cakes frozen.  All you need is a real good freezer 

Thanks Klaas! You know, I've had someone suggest that & I'm going to try it out on a relative first to see how it turns out! It would have to be shipped in a cooler or something to keep it from thawing. 

Monken, I am pretty sure we are related.  We are both Monkeys!   

I wonder if you could find the answer online and not have to reinvent the wheel.  Long ago, my friend used to mail packages to her daughter across the country--her husband was in the armed forces.  She mailed a cake for her b-day and it always arrived perfectly.

Waiting for the cake, cuz!

PS  I wish you would put the link in your signature line, it takes me a while to find this on my own,  I am sure I am not the only one.  The Bee, I believe, has you on 'speed dial.'

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2010, 10:18:10 PM »

Thank you everyone!! I have a Miami Hurricanes coming up next week & I may have another Saints cake for a playoff party coming up, so we'll see! Love ya!! 

I loved the Sponge Bob/Patrick cake, Monken    I'll be waiting with anticipation for your next creation 

See what I mean--speed dial.  I hear she flies very fast, too.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2010, 10:21:32 PM »

Thanks so much Everyone!!   

I got an order last night for a Transformers cake that i do believe is going to kick my butt. They want "Optimus Prime" on it 
Here he is

You will just kick back--harder!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2010, 10:22:51 PM »

Oh, & before i forget, I am going to attempt to make my own fondant. I have had so many people ask me about making fondant cakes but the pre-made fondant that you can buy tastes horrible!! i made a birthday cake before for my daughter using that fondant & it was awful! So the only way i will do it is if I make my own. I read an article the other day that stated the same thing about packaged fondant but it said if you make your own it is great! So that's what I'm going to try to do. i already have the recipe & it's not hard at all. Wish me luck; I don't know when I'll do it but it will be soon! Love you all!! 

Of course I wish you luck.  But why ask for luck when you have so much talent?

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »

Thank you everyone!! I have a Miami Hurricanes coming up next week & I may have another Saints cake for a playoff party coming up, so we'll see! Love ya!! 

I loved the Sponge Bob/Patrick cake, Monken    I'll be waiting with anticipation for your next creation 

Oh yeah!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2010, 12:24:34 AM »

Oh yeah!   

I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »

Hey Everybody! i finally got the Transformers cake downloaded. It turned out pretty good. Now this week i have my Granddaughter's 11th birthday & she wants Juicy Couture!! Her party will be at my house on the 6th. Besides the cake I'm making her invitations & Juicy stickers for the treat bags. Here's "Optimus Prime"! BBL 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2010, 04:32:29 PM »

Hey Everybody! i finally got the Transformers cake downloaded. It turned out pretty good. Now this week i have my Granddaughter's 11th birthday & she wants Juicy Couture!! Her party will be at my house on the 6th. Besides the cake I'm making her invitations & Juicy stickers for the treat bags. Here's "Optimus Prime"! BBL 

WOW LOVE IT!!!!  That is so cool Monken you are amazing.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2010, 07:52:40 PM »

I love it Monken!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »

Awesome cake Monken!!! I can't wait to see the Juicy Couture cake!!! 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: February 02, 2010, 12:53:05 AM »

Awesome!  What great detail.  I can't believe someone actually cut into this artwork!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: February 02, 2010, 12:54:35 AM »

Maybe you should start making 'Birthday Party Kits."

I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: February 02, 2010, 08:22:55 AM »

Thank you everyone!! 
I really wanted to make a Saints cake for us for the superbowl but I just don't have time.  I made cupcakes yesterday for her to take to school(I always do that) . next week I have a birthday/valentine cake with the Cape Hatteras lighthouse on it!! The Juicy cake will be tiered, square, i think, I'm still working on the design!  Love you!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2010, 01:38:33 PM »

Thank you everyone!! 
I really wanted to make a Saints cake for us for the superbowl but I just don't have time.  I made cupcakes yesterday for her to take to school(I always do that) . next week I have a birthday/valentine cake with the Cape Hatteras lighthouse on it!! The Juicy cake will be tiered, square, i think, I'm still working on the design!  Love you!!

I'll be looking forward to seeing the cake with the Cape Hatteras lighthouse on it.       And I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait for the Juicy cake.   

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2010, 05:06:15 PM »

Thank you everyone!! 

I'll be looking forward to seeing the cake with the Cape Hatteras lighthouse on it.       And I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait for the Juicy cake.   

Is that bee in here looking for cake? 

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2010, 09:59:20 PM »

Thank you everyone!! 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: February 08, 2010, 07:08:27 PM »

Thank you everyone!! 

Good thing bees don't eat much.  Bears do!  I am just afraid I am going to take a bite (a petite one, I am a lady bear after all  queen), and get stung! 

Maybe you better mark the spot where you are so we don't (accidentally of course), eat the piece that you are chomping away on.  Maybe like this:

How would the forum run without you?

I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2010, 05:49:01 PM »

Hey everybody!!  I am just now getting to posting my cake pics, I'm sorry it's taken so long. i had to turn down 2 cake orders last week, I just did not have the time  Esp. with having my granddaughter's party here at my house! It was wild, but fun, as usual  I've got more orders now from pics of my superbowl cake being emailed around. Here they are, BBS Love you all! 

Okay now, I hope this works because it looks like photobucket has changed again! And I'm not sure which code to use 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:44:45 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »

Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh, now i don't know what to do, I'll try another link!!

All fixed, Cutie.  Look up there ^
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:46:30 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2010, 07:26:57 PM »

Oh I love the "Believe  Dat" Super Bowl  cake         

I'm sorry I'm not able to help you with your photobucket problem, Monken. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.