March 29, 2024, 06:22:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEN'S CAKES  (Read 160339 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2010, 11:53:45 PM »

Monken,those cakes look great!   

ITA   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: March 09, 2010, 04:22:36 AM »

Thank you everyone!!  I made fondant today & it was not hard at all, just time-consuming. That's why fondant cakes cost so much more! I'm going to experiment with coloring it & then decorate a cake. I'll post the results when it's done. Not sure how soon that'll be though. My next cake order is Dora & Boots. It'll be so cute!! Love you all! 

I'm waitin' for the next cake    Love you too, Monken    I have to keep checking back in here, in case that Bearly-Bear comes in here.  Last time Bearly got in here before I did.      But at least she saved me some cake.   an angelic monkey  I love this thread, it's so sweet.   

Yup and I enjoyed every morsel!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: March 09, 2010, 04:27:28 AM »

Those cakes really look wonderful.  I would so hate to cut in them, but if I didn't the bee would, so here goes!

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: March 09, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »

Those cakes really look wonderful.  I would so hate to cut in them, but if I didn't the bee would, so here goes!

Monkey Devil!

Mmmmmmm caaaaake     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2010, 02:13:44 PM »

every time I come over to this thread I end up wanting to make a cake! or at least eating a cake! 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2010, 03:15:06 PM »

every time I come over to this thread I end up wanting to make a cake! or at least eating a cake! 

I saw from the posting index you had posted in here cookie , and I thought there might be some new cakes.      "Anticipation.  Anticipation...."        

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »

I saw from the posting index you had posted in here cookie , and I thought there might be some new cakes.      "Anticipation.  Anticipation...."        

I had to go out and buy a cake cause I was hungry for one after looking at Monken's cakes! I should know better! I got a white cake with white frosting...it is cake for 2..so hubs and I can each have 1 piece and then it will be gone..till the next time...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:04 PM »

I had to go out and buy a cake cause I was hungry for one after looking at Monken's cakes! I should know better! I got a white cake with white frosting...it is cake for 2..so hubs and I can each have 1 piece and then it will be gone..till the next time...

The cake for 2 is a good idea.  My husband doesn't like cake or pastries, so I guess I could eat both pieces Monkey Devil!  Monken's cakes are really an art form and it would be hard for me to cut into one.  I suppose I would overcome that eventually     I haven't had cake since about mid December, so I might just feed my need and have a slice of cake next time I'm out in a restaurant or bakery.  Dessert first!!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2010, 07:40:43 PM »

I love desserts..hubs does not eat sweets until the middle of the night..! he gets up every night from bed to eat whatever he gets his hands on...otherwise he wants no part of sweets....I can eat them anytime but  I never get out of bed in the middle of the night to eat, ever!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: March 16, 2010, 09:28:37 AM »

That's a good idea.

Don't be distracted by the bee, she will eat the cake Monken sets out while you have your guard down!  She eats the icing first, don't let her fool you into thinking she is a tiny bee and won't eat much.  That is one mighty good appetite for a little bee!  Now remember, don't turn your back on her.

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2010, 10:06:03 AM »

That's a good idea.

Don't be distracted by the bee, she will eat the cake Monken sets out while you have your guard down!  She eats the icing first, don't let her fool you into thinking she is a tiny bee and won't eat much.  That is one mighty good appetite for a little bee!  Now remember, don't turn your back on her.

Who?  Me?  Look at this bee and tell me, would she do that?      Oh yes.  She certainly would.      Cake 

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »

Here ya go Muffy, have at it!  Love you all!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »

A guitar with flames!  I know my son would just love one like that for his b-day.  Great work, Monken! 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »

Love the cake Monken. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2010, 12:55:55 PM »

Monken your cake makes me want to rock out!  It's wonderful. I am surprised there is any thing left after Muffy & Bearly get down tasting it   They always look so yummy.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2010, 01:14:55 PM »

Thanks everyone! I've been painting & redecorating again. I'm getting ready to post some pics in the decorating thread that I've been doing if ya'll wanna see! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »

Monken, that is sooooooooooooooooo neat.  you are the Ace-tte of Cakes!  does Food Network know about you

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2010, 02:09:44 PM »

Thanks everyone! I've been painting & redecorating again. I'm getting ready to post some pics in the decorating thread that I've been doing if ya'll wanna see! 

Way to go....you are so talented and so busy!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »

Monken,that cake is awesome!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »

Thank you, ya'll are so sweet! 

Phaedrus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.