March 28, 2024, 02:57:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEN'S CAKES  (Read 160307 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: June 16, 2010, 06:21:44 AM »

The cakes are beautiful.  Best of all, I beat the bee and got to look at them before she put her footprints in them.  Now, maybe if I just take a little taste off the end before the bee gets here and catches me!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: June 16, 2010, 06:23:33 AM »

I think I am going to move near you, Monken, so I get to taste one of these bad boys.  I have a great idea, I'll spend a week in each state and visit all the monkeys!

I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »

I think I am going to move near you, Monken, so I get to taste one of these bad boys.  I have a great idea, I'll spend a week in each state and visit all the monkeys!

I wish I could meet you too, Bearly, i think about meeting you guys all the time! Sometimes it's frustrating having friends you can't see, ya know :} I still need to come up with a way to ship cakes safely!
I have a "My Little Pony" cake coming up, it's going to be really cute. Thanks everyone for your comments, Love you all!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: June 18, 2010, 05:55:08 PM »

The cakes are beautiful.  Best of all, I beat the bee and got to look at them before she put her footprints in them.  Now, maybe if I just take a little taste off the end before the bee gets here and catches me!

Heh heh Bearly...How do you know I wasn't already here?  Bees can hover you know? 

The cakes are so lovely, Monken.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: June 22, 2010, 04:23:23 AM »

Heh heh Bearly...How do you know I wasn't already here?  Bees can hover you know? 

The cakes are so lovely, Monken.

As long as you are hovering and not tasting!

I believe in miracles!
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2010, 10:45:27 AM »

Hey Everybody! I have 3 more here, July is going to be  full month; I 've got 3 more next week & one will be mostly fondant! Can't wait to see how it turns out. It is an ice cream sundae party & the cake will have a 3D(cake & fondant) sundae on top. I'm a little scared but i think i can do it. Enjoy, Love you all!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »

Lovely cakes Monken!!  Eli's western cake is cool!  The  red paisley scarf if amazing!!!  I really like the bright happy colors in the Little Pony cake and the detailing on the flowers is neat!  Blake's birthday cake has the dump truck and the airplane actually smiling.  :--)  Nice work, Monken!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »

Monken   Loved the cakes. Yum you are so talented.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #388 on: July 03, 2010, 02:35:37 AM »

Monken, you are so talented and the cakes look yummy !!

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: July 04, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »

Thank you Guys! I love the paisley scarf too! It took a little while to do. My husband is a little miffed at me for not charging more because it takes me so long to do them(avg. time is 4 hrs. just to decorate the outside) but I have a hard time raising my prices esp. with longtime customers. I charge 45.00 for a 1/2 sheet size regardless of how long it takes me on the design, & that price has been the same for several years. I guess I need to start charging depending on design, i don't know? Fondant is a different story though! Verrrry time-consuming! Smile

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »

Hey All!!! Here's the cakes I've done this week; soooo busy! The ice cream sundae cake turned out better than I thought it would, it sure took awhile to decorate & everyone was thrilled with their cakes(Thank Goodness) So here they are:

//i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/nanner48_2008/100_2487.jpg[/IMG]

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2010, 03:00:09 PM »

Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »

Looks like you've really been a busy baker/cake decorator Monken!!  All of the cakes are so bright and colorful!  My fav this time is the Pirate Cake.  Arrrrggggh! 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: July 12, 2010, 04:58:20 PM »

Looks like you've really been a busy baker/cake decorator Monken!!  All of the cakes are so bright and colorful!  My fav this time is the Pirate Cake.  Arrrrggggh! 

Mine too, Monken!  Can we share beesley?

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: July 13, 2010, 11:03:53 AM »

Mine too, Monken!  Can we share beesley?

Absolutely, Bearly.         What a windfall.  Five cakes!!    

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #395 on: July 19, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »

You have been a busy monkey Monken. They are wonderful. Love the Pirate, The Judge is funny. I am a pastel Monkey so I like the Ice Cream Cake. They are all super. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: July 31, 2010, 10:57:34 AM »

You have been a busy monkey Monken. They are wonderful. Love the Pirate, The Judge is funny. I am a pastel Monkey so I like the Ice Cream Cake. They are all super. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. 

Thanks Green Eyes & everyone, here are some more I've done & I still have more to download! Green Eyes  you'll love some of the next ones, they're pastel! 

Pastel ones in the next download!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: July 31, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »

Okay, here's the others, I love the last one, with the monogram. It's for a 2 year old believe it or not!  I love the fondant balls around the bottom too! BBS! 

Phaedrus
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #398 on: July 31, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »

Monken  They are all absolutely without a doubt wonderful. The 1/2 century one is a crack up , the slot one reminds me of my son. I really loved the pastel ones. 
Thanks again hope hubs is doing well.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #399 on: August 01, 2010, 12:04:35 PM »

Monken  They are all absolutely without a doubt wonderful. The 1/2 century one is a crack up , the slot one reminds me of my son. I really loved the pastel ones. 
Thanks again hope hubs is doing well.

Thank you! The 1/2 century one; i told the girl I'd beat my daughter's butt if she did that to me (I'll be a 1/2 century this year!) She thought that was so funny!  I'll have a tiered fondant creation coming up in the next couple weeks, can't wait to see how that turns out! Love you all! 

Phaedrus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.