March 28, 2024, 08:08:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEN'S CAKES  (Read 160290 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« on: April 20, 2009, 01:07:22 PM »

hEY GUYS, I MADE A THREAD FOR MY CAKES, I HOPE THAT'S OKAY 

Here's one I did last week, never made a guitar cake before!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »

Hi Monken...as soon as I read about your new thread, I hopped on over!  I just love your work and this is very cool that you'll have your own spot to post the pics.  Thanks so much for sharing...
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »

Oh my Monken. You never cease to amaze me! My son in involved in a guitar project at college. I will be sure he sees this one too. I hope you don't mind, but I have made a folder and have put all your cakes in there to peruse. I love you colorful decorating too.

Off topic, but you have had your share of bad weather too. I think I know the approximate area where you live. I have relatives that live in the same area. Stay safe, and hope it wasn't too bad for you last night.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »

Monken - every time I see your cakes, I get so hungry!   

Your cakes are too pretty to eat!      I wish I had your talent!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »

I find it so amazing what you do, I don't want you to give away your trade secrets, but how do you get  all the shapes and sizes for all your cakes? I'm guessing you make a big sheet cake and then cut the shapes, you better get paid very well for your cakes, because you sure deserve to.
FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:38:01 PM »

How neat Monken!  I used to do some cake decorating til my hands started giving me fits.

Do you do this as a  hobby or do you sell them?

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »

Hi Monken...as soon as I read about your new thread, I hopped on over!  I just love your work and this is very cool that you'll have your own spot to post the pics.  Thanks so much for sharing...

AWWW! Thanks Numbers, I will post some more here when i get the pics downloaded! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 07:50:47 PM »

Oh my Monken. You never cease to amaze me! My son in involved in a guitar project at college. I will be sure he sees this one too. I hope you don't mind, but I have made a folder and have put all your cakes in there to peruse. I love you colorful decorating too.

Off topic, but you have had your share of bad weather too. I think I know the approximate area where you live. I have relatives that live in the same area. Stay safe, and hope it wasn't too bad for you last night.

Fannie Mae, you have a folder!!! That is the nicest thing ever!! I'm gonna post some more soon, I have 2 books filled with pictures but alot of them aren't on my computer. 
We have had alot of bad weather it seems, Ms & Al have been raked this year! We drove home in a severe thunderstorm yesterday afternoon, I thought we were never gonna get home! It was raining so hard you couldn't see the road at all!! My Hubby was driving, well, he was stearing!  Anyways I have family near Trimm, so i always know what the weather is doing up there! Is that where you are? You probably already know but I'm in east-central Ms. I'm terrified of bad weather so The Weather Channel is a regular in our home!   
Now when I watch the weather I keep all my monkey friends in mind! Hope your son likes my cake, Hugs, Monken 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »

Monken - every time I see your cakes, I get so hungry!   

Your cakes are too pretty to eat!      I wish I had your talent!

AWWW! Thank you Sassy, I just got feedback on the guitar cake, I got 5 referrals & there wasn't a crumb left, so I guess they liked it! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 08:01:09 PM »

I find it so amazing what you do, I don't want you to give away your trade secrets, but how do you get  all the shapes and sizes for all your cakes? I'm guessing you make a big sheet cake and then cut the shapes, you better get paid very well for your cakes, because you sure deserve to.

Really it's not hard, I just draw the shape on newsprint & then use that for my cutting guide. I have all different pan sizes so i can usually put something together the right size. See, you guessed right! And, no my hubby never thinks I charge enough for my cakes & I really don't but I'm so grateful to my customers & all! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 08:10:36 PM »

How neat Monken!  I used to do some cake decorating til my hands started giving me fits.

Do you do this as a  hobby or do you sell them?

Hey there! Both!, & my hands and my back give me fits too! But I love doing them, & I practice new stuff on family! 

Phaedrus
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 08:45:48 PM »

Monken...beautiful cakes...

I made one of your recipes tonight and we loved it..! it was the Celery Soup Casserole....Yummy! definitely will make it again...!
thanks!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 11:32:40 PM »

Fannie Mae, you have a folder!!! That is the nicest thing ever!! I'm gonna post some more soon, I have 2 books filled with pictures but alot of them aren't on my computer. 
We have had alot of bad weather it seems, Ms & Al have been raked this year! We drove home in a severe thunderstorm yesterday afternoon, I thought we were never gonna get home! It was raining so hard you couldn't see the road at all!! My Hubby was driving, well, he was stearing!  Anyways I have family near Trimm, so i always know what the weather is doing up there! Is that where you are? You probably already know but I'm in east-central Ms. I'm terrified of bad weather so The Weather Channel is a regular in our home!   
Now when I watch the weather I keep all my monkey friends in mind! Hope your son likes my cake, Hugs, Monken 

I am from Mobile, but live in Ohio now. I have many relatives all over Ms, and Al. My favorite Aunt and cousins used to live in Meridian. I still have many relative in the Quitman area. I also have relatives in the Butler County area in Al. I sure miss the south, and am planning to move back someday. Thanks so much for responding and posting your cakes.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 09:26:47 AM »

I am from Mobile, but live in Ohio now. I have many relatives all over Ms, and Al. My favorite Aunt and cousins used to live in Meridian. I still have many relative in the Quitman area. I also have relatives in the Butler County area in Al. I sure miss the south, and am planning to move back someday. Thanks so much for responding and posting your cakes.

I have family in Mobile, too! I'm glad the move is only temporary, it's hard to leave here forever! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 09:29:01 AM »

Monken...beautiful cakes...

I made one of your recipes tonight and we loved it..! it was the Celery Soup Casserole....Yummy! definitely will make it again...!
thanks!

Hey Cookie, that's great! My Mom used to make that when we were growing up & it's a comfort food for me. i love it & it's quick & easy! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 02:38:32 PM »

Some of you guys have seen these already, but at least they'll all be in the same spot!! 

bucket.com/albums/qq239/nanner48_2008/100_0336.jpg[/IMG]

Phaedrus
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »

My favorite is the butterfly cake, but your candyland cake comes in a close second!

I can barely put sprinkles on cupcakes straight let alone paint with frosting! 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 10:47:07 AM »

Monken,
Sorry I missed you on the Caylee thread. I am so glad to hear we are getting to see some more pics of you beautiful cakes. Also glad to see you here after the bad storms the past couple of days. I will check back from time to time. Sounds like you have your hands full right now.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »

those cakes look yummy!

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 02:40:13 PM »

Hey, hey! I know it's about time! Here's some more I've done recently. Gotta make my hubby a cake for graduation next week, too! Our neighbors are having a cook-out to celebrate his graduation & a birthday so it'll be half & half. We'll see how it turns out! 

Phaedrus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.