April 28, 2024, 11:17:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #37 4/24/09 - 4/27/09  (Read 119073 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2009, 09:14:12 AM »

Yesterday, I posted an apology on the current Caylee thread...some of you may have seen it.  Earlier in the morning I had checked and, of course, Nut had set up a new thread.  I meandered around but was mostly in the Natalee thread.  Went to put some things in the dryer and found that one of my sons had dried his clothing and had gum in one of his pockets.....it was all over the drier.  I spent about a half hour cleaning the gum.  When I finished, I came back to SM and found here that someone posted that Caylee's thread was on page 107!!!! 

I was too late....Klaas, with the help of others managed to get it done.   Multi-tasking can be a challenge some days. 

OH NO!!!  The gum!!!! I have that happen too and I always check the pockets too.   

That is such a pain.  Last time it happened, I was so tired and had a fit.  I think my kids were afraid to chew gum..........oh for about an hour.     Goo-gone is the best thing ever.   

I use baby oil or if it is something in the kitchen, vegetable oil.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #241 on: April 25, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »

My Dear Monkey Friends,
I try to live my life from the motto of: “First do no harm.”  Today, I did harm.  I hurt two monkeys and I am devastated by that.  I take responsibility and I own it.
I am not trying to justify hurting them, but would like to explain a tad about me and what my true intention in my heart was.  It will help you all to understand my sig and tag lines maybe.  I am a multiple abuse survivor.  Abuse survivors are complex.  They can be some of the strongest people and advocates and some of the most sensitive people you will ever meet.  I know many of you are survivors too.  At times, I keep the vow to myself I made many, many years ago to have my voice heard.  Nobody has to listen, but I have to speak!  I abhor seeing anyone hurt and will often try to be a voice for anyone whose voice is stifled.  I am sensitive to a fault and try hard not to ever hurt anyone.  Today I failed.  I often use humor or finding a positive to keep my balance, but today I tried to use humor with JSM and Muffy and somehow ended up hurting them. 
With JSM – I felt horrible that her toe was injured and knew ( even felt) the sadness that that injury would have for her, due to her love of skating and walking her baby.  I tried to use humor to cheer her up and stay on topic.  Before I knew I had hurt her, I was already aware that I had hurt Muffy.  I was in tears over hurting Muffy when I went to close out all my windows and saw where JSM posted this: I just knew last night someone was going to bring up KC falling out of her flip flop, I thought it would be you, but not sweet ANJ.   My joke was not funny and I am sorry for that JSM.  Finding that I hurt you put me in a total puddle.  It honestly was not my intent.
With Muffy, I had been in musings and was feeling so horrible for some of the ladies there that have endured disgraceful pain at the hands of cowards with no self esteem and dare I say, no life.  I wanted so badly to tell them to take their power back from these cowards who would hurt them using their children and their families safety.  However, I did not know them well enough to offer them advice and I only knew what I was reading.  It put me in a horrible mood seeing the games these cowards were playing on members – and for what?  Anyway, I saw Muffy pop in up at the top and feeling kinda guilty for posting OT (even though I was in musings!) I tried to be funny and make a joke about Muffy lowering the hammer on us for posting doggie pics in the wrong place.  My intent was to say hi in a playful way.  My attempt at humor again failed and Muffy got hurt.  My stupid attempt at humor had her wondering if she is a meanie mod or not fair and she even questioned if she should be a mod.  OMG – she is the bestest mod I have ever had the honor of being on a board with.  All the mods are great, but I have always been in awe of how fair, compassionate, fun, considerate, knowledgeable, diplomatic and assertive when needed she is.   I feel just horrible that Muffy was hurt by my humor.  I need a warning label for bad humor.  Muffy – I own it.  I hope you believe me when I say from the bottom of my heart it was NEVER my intention to hurt you or anyone.  I adore you!  I admire you and am in awe of what you and the mods and admin's do everyday here. 
So, I as I leave – I have gifts for each of you. 
For JSM : PIZZA!!!!!   

For Muffy:  a day at the spa! 

ANJ, I know you meant no harm, if you read back the night I told you guys about my toe, I was even joking about it. I often joke too and would never want to hurt any monkey's feelings. YOU DID NOT HURT MY FEELINGS.   I laughed when I read about the Tippy Toe Salon (which by the way I laugh everytime I see that name)  ! And I was also the first one that mentioned the picture of KC tripping on her flip flops. I wanted to post the picture myself that night, I just am not   enough to know how to do it.

So now please ANJ, come back to the cage, post away. JSM wubs you and wants you to know how much you mean to me and the rest of the monkeys. There has been only one monkey that has ever hurt my feelings and that monkey got the boot ASAP. (I still swear it was Cindy), but that is a whole different story. Monkey hugs ANJ and I want to see you in the Caylee thread today. If you don't post today then you will truly make JSM cry   Please come back. Luv JSM and Josef (who is still in jail).   P.S I love my pizza. It looks really yummy!  

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #242 on: April 25, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »

Don't cry JSM, ANJ knows you love her!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #243 on: April 25, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »

ANJ, I know you meant no harm, if you read back the night I told you guys about my toe, I was even joking about it. I often joke too and would never want to hurt any monkey's feelings. YOU DID NOT HURT MY FEELINGS.   I laughed when I read about the Tippy Toe Salon (which by the way I laugh everytime I see that name)  ! And I was also the first one that mentioned the picture of KC tripping on her flip flops. I wanted to post the picture myself that night, I just am not   enough to know how to do it.

So now please ANJ, come back to the cage, post away. JSM wubs you and wants you to know how much you mean to me and the rest of the monkeys. There has been only one monkey that has ever hurt my feelings and that monkey got the boot ASAP. (I still swear it was Cindy), but that is a whole different story. Monkey hugs ANJ and I want to see you in the Caylee thread today. If you don't post today then you will truly make JSM cry   Please come back. Luv JSM and Josef (who is still in jail).   P.S I love my pizza. It looks really yummy! 

What one monkey hurt our JSM...even though they got the boot....no one hurts our JSM

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2009, 10:27:02 AM »

ANJ, I know you meant no harm, if you read back the night I told you guys about my toe, I was even joking about it. I often joke too and would never want to hurt any monkey's feelings. YOU DID NOT HURT MY FEELINGS.   I laughed when I read about the Tippy Toe Salon (which by the way I laugh everytime I see that name)  ! And I was also the first one that mentioned the picture of KC tripping on her flip flops. I wanted to post the picture myself that night, I just am not   enough to know how to do it.

So now please ANJ, come back to the cage, post away. JSM wubs you and wants you to know how much you mean to me and the rest of the monkeys. There has been only one monkey that has ever hurt my feelings and that monkey got the boot ASAP. (I still swear it was Cindy), but that is a whole different story. Monkey hugs ANJ and I want to see you in the Caylee thread today. If you don't post today then you will truly make JSM cry   Please come back. Luv JSM and Josef (who is still in jail).   P.S I love my pizza. It looks really yummy! 

What one monkey hurt our JSM...even though they got the boot....no one hurts our JSM

Err ANJ, you got my back right?? I just noticed I need to spend some time in the gym..   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2009, 10:43:25 AM »

No one got the boot. 
  It can be very easy to misread emotion or intent in emails, texts and posting on forums.  I've misread what someone has posted before and I've had posters misread what I have posted.    And then both parties realize it wasn't meant the way it seemed and sorries are traded and then we go on.  This is really nothing to get all up in the boughs about.  Stuff flies up and then settles down.  Don't keep it going. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: April 25, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »

No one got the boot. 
  It can be very easy to misread emotion or intent in emails, texts and posting on forums.  I've misread what someone has posted before and I've had posters misread what I have posted.    And then both parties realize it wasn't meant the way it seemed and sorries are traded and then we go on.  This is really nothing to get all up in the boughs about.  Stuff flies up and then settles down.  Don't keep it going. 

Umm I was just joking trying to make them feel better.... I think I will go do some yard work... Sorry.. was just trying to help..as for the boot thing,was referring to JSM's post,again,was just joking to try to make them feel better......HAGD Monkeys.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »

That's sweet Searching. No real monkeys hurt other monkeys, just mean trolling monkeys actually try and hurt the real monkeys.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: April 25, 2009, 11:46:09 AM »

No one got the boot. 
Oh Muffy I'm sorry about saying someone got the boot for being mean to me. I was talking about a new poster a few months ago that said I said mean stuff about that poster. I never even knew who the person was until I read what they were saying about me. Klaas banned them from SM. I wasn't meaning to start anything when I said they got the boot. I'm Sorry I should have explained myself better.  Sorry JSM

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: April 25, 2009, 11:57:05 AM »

No one got the boot. 
Oh Muffy I'm sorry about saying someone got the boot for being mean to me. I was talking about a new poster a few months ago that said I said mean stuff about that poster. I never even knew who the person was until I read what they were saying about me. Klaas banned them from SM. I wasn't meaning to start anything when I said they got the boot. I'm Sorry I should have explained myself better.  Sorry JSM

JSM, I logged back in to let you know that the post from Muffy was to me,not you,so please do not feel bad. I knew you meant a troll and I new ANJ nor any other monkey had been booted. I remember the incident you were referring to. I was just trying to lighten the mood and lift the spirits,which is why I chose the puny monkey and asked ANJ to get my back, but I guess my funny is broken today so I think it best I stay out of the cage today. Sorry I caused so much trouble,was just trying to make you 2 monkeys feel better or at least smile. Have a great day JSM... I am sure Anj will be in the cage soon and things will be better. Sometimes when we hurt others or feel as though we have done wrong, we just need time to stop being angry at ourselves... as for me, I am just hurt that my post was taken as me trying to keep something going when it was in no way intended that way, I am not that kind of person, I try to make others feel better,even if I am dying inside. Sorry all.... Hope all monkeys have a good day...

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »

A little Saturday morning inspiration for y'all:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBcwAJZGXsk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jBcwAJZGXsk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

On April 24, 1971, John Denver sang "The Strangest Dream" at a peace march in Washington DC. The anti-war march was to protest the Vietnam War. The song, written by Ed McCurdy, was one of the anthems of the anti-war era.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2009, 12:03:39 PM »

No one got the boot. 

JSM, I logged back in to let you know that the post from Muffy was to me,not you,so please do not feel bad. I knew you meant a troll and I new ANJ nor any other monkey had been booted. I remember the incident you were referring to. I was just trying to lighten the mood and lift the spirits,which is why I chose the puny monkey and asked ANJ to get my back, but I guess my funny is broken today so I think it best I stay out of the cage today. Sorry I caused so much trouble,was just trying to make you 2 monkeys feel better or at least smile. Have a great day JSM... I am sure Anj will be in the cage soon and things will be better. Sometimes when we hurt others or feel as though we have done wrong, we just need time to stop being angry at ourselves... as for me, I am just hurt that my post was taken as me trying to keep something going when it was in no way intended that way, I am not that kind of person, I try to make others feel better,even if I am dying inside. Sorry all.... Hope all monkeys have a good day...
I know Searching, I just wanted Muffy to know in what context you were meaning about the boot. It's all good. Have a great day. You are a sweet monkey. Hugs.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #252 on: April 25, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »

It's a gorgeous day here today! I hope everyone is having the beginning of a GREAT week-end!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »

HI JSM and Searching,

I am not speaking for anyone, just speaking for myself but I would to say - from my observations, Muffy would not and did not try to hurt anyone feellings.  IMO, I think she was just hoping to drop the whole thing.  She misread a post, made a mistake yesterday, apologized and would like to move on.  I can understand that.  We all make mistakes that we would like to see dropped so we don't have to keep reliving it.  I hope I am making sense.  Muffy is a kind bee that only has SM's best interest at heart.   I don't think Muffy is the kind of person that would intentionally hurt anyone's feelings.     She has too big of a heart.

So can we all just drop it, smile and go back to posting.  We are Monkeys that belong in this cage doing what each of us do best. 

(((hugs))) to all of us.

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2009, 01:11:53 PM »

It's a gorgeous day here today! I hope everyone is having the beginning of a GREAT week-end!

Looks gorgeous here (Southern California), too!

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: April 25, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »

Four straight days of sunshine....Spring has sprung....!!!  Time to plant...!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #256 on: April 25, 2009, 01:30:23 PM »

Spring has sprung, the grass has ris’,
I wonder where the birdie is?
There he is up in the sky,
He dropped some whitewash in my eye!

I‘m alright, I won't cry,
I'm just glad that cows Monkeys can't fly!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: April 25, 2009, 01:32:43 PM »

Spring has sprung, the grass has ris’,
I wonder where the birdie is?
There he is up in the sky,
He dropped some whitewash in my eye!

I‘m alright, I won't cry,
I'm just glad that cows Monkeys can't fly!

Never heard this one before....am sending it to my sisters....!  Thanks......

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: April 25, 2009, 01:35:05 PM »

NO MONKEYS WERE ACTUALLY HARMED DURING THE FILMING OF THIS THREAD!

Ir's already 88 degrees here today.  Is that spring or summer?  What happened to spring? 

Shorts and sandals, here I come!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
La Bella Durmiente
Scared Monkey

« Reply #259 on: April 25, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.