April 28, 2024, 08:03:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #37 4/24/09 - 4/27/09  (Read 119064 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #260 on: April 25, 2009, 02:22:39 PM »

HI JSM and Searching,

I am not speaking for anyone, just speaking for myself but I would to say - from my observations, Muffy would not and did not try to hurt anyone feellings.  IMO, I think she was just hoping to drop the whole thing.  She misread a post, made a mistake yesterday, apologized and would like to move on.  I can understand that.  We all make mistakes that we would like to see dropped so we don't have to keep reliving it.  I hope I am making sense.  Muffy is a kind bee that only has SM's best interest at heart.   I don't think Muffy is the kind of person that would intentionally hurt anyone's feelings.     She has too big of a heart.

So can we all just drop it, smile and go back to posting.  We are Monkeys that belong in this cage doing what each of us do best. 

(((hugs))) to all of us.

My Time, I know Muffy would never hurt anyone. She is my favorite Muffy Bee and she knows that. I never said Muffy would hurt anyone. I hope she doesn't think I said she would hurt anyone. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #261 on: April 25, 2009, 02:24:48 PM »

HI JSM and Searching,

I am not speaking for anyone, just speaking for myself but I would to say - from my observations, Muffy would not and did not try to hurt anyone feellings.  IMO, I think she was just hoping to drop the whole thing.  She misread a post, made a mistake yesterday, apologized and would like to move on.  I can understand that.  We all make mistakes that we would like to see dropped so we don't have to keep reliving it.  I hope I am making sense.  Muffy is a kind bee that only has SM's best interest at heart.   I don't think Muffy is the kind of person that would intentionally hurt anyone's feelings.     She has too big of a heart.

So can we all just drop it, smile and go back to posting.  We are Monkeys that belong in this cage doing what each of us do best. 

(((hugs))) to all of us.

My Time, I know Muffy would never hurt anyone. She is my favorite Muffy Bee and she knows that. I never said Muffy would hurt anyone. I hope she doesn't think I said she would hurt anyone. 

It was my typo!  I meant to say ANJ.  My mind is going slowly but surely!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #262 on: April 25, 2009, 03:24:31 PM »

POSTED IN IDIOTSAREUS comments by

On April 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM KarmaBitch Said:
Can I say one thing MYTIME!!!!! She pretends to be your friend then talks behing your back.She claims to hate Klaas but kisses her ass!! and everyone at SM

Uh-oh, I think we might be hitting a nerve!!   

This is old news about Klaas - when I started to believe all YOUR BS about her. The rest is just more of your BS that no one will believe.   

Yet, the truth prevailed and Klaas came out looking like an honest, caring and decent human being with intergrity. So I guess I owe YOU aka mrskrap and Destiny a very big thank you.

BTW, if I never thanked you for sending my screen shots to Klaas, I guess I owe you another Thank you.  I realy didn't remember what I posted and I was glad it was all out in the open.  Unlike you, Klaas is not an angry, bitter bitch that needs to seek revenge. She accepted my apology with class and told me "not to worry about it."  You could learn a thing or two from her...................just sayin'   

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #263 on: April 25, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »

Can I say one thing MYTIME!!!!! She pretends to be your friend then talks behing your back.She claims to hate Klaas but kisses her ass!! and everyone at SM

This is old news about Klaas - when I started to believe all YOUR BS about her. The rest is just more of your BS that no one will believe.   

Yet, the truth prevailed and Klaas came out looking like an honest, caring and decent human being with intergrity. So I guess I owe YOU aka mrskrap and Destiny a very big thank you.

BTW, if I never thanked you for sending my screen shots to Klaas, I guess I owe you another Thank you.  I really didn't remember what I posted and I was glad it was all out in the open.  Unlike you, Klaas is not an angry, bitter bitch that needs to seek revenge. She accepted my apology with class and told me "not to worry about it."  You could learn a thing or two from her...................just sayin'   

Very well said!!!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #264 on: April 25, 2009, 03:40:29 PM »

This what a banned monkey looks like!!   

Mirror, Mirror on the wall
Who is the biggest Idiot of them all?   

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: April 25, 2009, 03:41:35 PM »

MyTime,

Yes, that's what adults do.  They talk things out and come to resolution.  Klaas has even given me a time out but I understand that this forum would not exist if not for her because Red could not do it alone.  She has kept it going through thick and thin and it is almost four times the volume of a year ago.  Because of that I owe her loyalty and respect.

And I have had a spat with nonesuche, too, but I can't even remember what that one was about.  Likely we were both having a bad day at the same time.  Many of us have been here four years soon and during that time even family would have had their tiffs.  In the big picture, they don't mean much.

But adults apologize, move on and can continue to work together in harmony thereafter.

Sometimes we go with only what we know at the time and later learn more or extenuating circumstances that change our minds.

At least that's what rational adults do.  Some seem determined to harbour imagined slights and ignore their own behavior.  And think they are entitled to "check up on" people who are absolutely none of their business.  When they can't find anything real scandalous, they just make it up to have some trashy cheap entertainment.

It just goes to a person's basic character or lack thereof.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #266 on: April 25, 2009, 03:49:44 PM »

MyTime,

Yes, that's what adults do.  They talk things out and come to resolution.  Klaas has even given me a time out but I understand that this forum would not exist if not for her because Red could not do it alone.  She has kept it going through thick and thin and it is almost four times the volume of a year ago.  Because of that I owe her loyalty and respect.

And I have had a spat with nonesuche, too, but I can't even remember what that one was about.  Likely we were both having a bad day at the same time.  Many of us have been here four years soon and during that time even family would have had their tiffs.  In the big picture, they don't mean much.

But adults apologize, move on and can continue to work together in harmony thereafter.

Sometimes we go with only what we know at the time and later learn more or extenuating circumstances that change our minds.

At least that's what rational adults do.  Some seem determined to harbour imagined slights and ignore their own behavior.  And think they are entitled to "check up on" people who are absolutely none of their business.  When they can't find anything real scandalous, they just make it up to have some trashy cheap entertainment.

Thank you Anna for your wise words of wisdom.   

As we all know, we are not dealing with rational people.  Because their lives are so miserable, they try to make everyone's miserable too.   

Sorry, Idiots - it won't work!!   

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: April 25, 2009, 03:57:24 PM »

Actress Bea Arthur, Star of TV's Golden Girls, Dies at 86

Saturday, April 25, 2009

LOS ANGELES —  A family spokesman for Bea Arthur says the star of TV's "Maude" and "The Golden Girls" has died.

Spokesman Dan Watt says the 86-year-old Arthur died at home early Saturday. He says Arthur had cancer, but he declined to give further details.

The tall, deep-voiced actress won a Tony Award for the musical "Mame" and Emmy Awards for "The Golden Girls" and "Maude." Arthur's razor-sharp delivery of comedy lines helped make the sitcoms hits and turned the veteran stage and film actress into a popular TV star.

Arthur first appeared as the character Maude in the 1970s landmark comedy series "All in the Family," making guest appearances as the loudly outspoken, liberal in-law of blue-collar bigot Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor).
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »

BTW, if I never thanked you for sending my screen shots to Klaas, I guess I owe you another Thank you.  I realy didn't remember what I posted and I was glad it was all out in the open.  Unlike you, Klaas is not an angry, bitter bitch that needs to seek revenge. She accepted my apology with class and told me "not to worry about it."  You could learn a thing or two from her...................just sayin'    

Look up the word integrity and you will see a picture of Klaas.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »

That's sad to hear....Bea Arthur & Estelle Getty are gone.  Two Golden Girls left...if I'm not mistaken....Betty White and Reu McClanahan (sp?)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »

That's sad to hear....Bea Arthur & Estelle Getty are gone.  Two Golden Girls left...if I'm not mistaken....Betty White and Reu McClanahan (sp?)

Yes that is sad.  That was one of my favorite shows.  Yes Betty and Rue are the only ones alive.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »

Yes that is sad.  That was one of my favorite shows.  Yes Betty and Rue are the only ones alive.

Mine, too.  They never failed to make me laugh. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »

That is so sad.  I loved that show.  Death always has a way of putting things back in prespective.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2009, 05:07:02 PM »

MyTime,

Thank you Anna, I really appreciate you sharing that. You were very kind to me and I sincerely appreciate it. I hope you are enjoying those peonies, I loved seeing the photo for my mother wrote a note to me on my 16th birthday referencing the colors in a peony from her garden that I still have to this day. I only wish I had a photo of the peony she put in a vase on my dressing table that accompanied it. I love peonies but with our heat where I live, I haven't been able to find a spot shady enough to grow them.

Anna knows what type of work I do and so she and San and Klaas can verify I do know what's allowed and what isn't allowed with reference to SSN's. The legal department in most companies today will not even allow SSN's to be utilized by the employees who own them, not even a partial, as a password or log-on into internal systems. This all began when data privacy became a growing issue with the growth of the internet and hacking, but also the many instances we've all heard of where a data records or data discs have been 'lost' in transit.  What that poster at GM did which escalated the gravity of posting a partial SSN was to include a DOB and also a partial physical location along with the partial SSN. It's the three identifiers combined that truly does push that to a federal violation level, something some there obviously just do not 'get' even now. If they did the proper research they would also know that Diane Feinstein is one of the sponsors of a bill in the Senate currently, to bar the storage or identification of any SSN or portion thereof, in any government record (tax included both fed, county, city), mortgage record, or employer record online. The other caveat is how that information is obtained and what purpose it is used for. If it's used for malice then that's the qualifier for a civil case and a cease and desist order possibly by a federal judge.

Rational people take this very seriously and they should. Just as you posted Anna, the desire to meddle in the personal lives of others is to me, an indication of not only a lack of character or rationality, but perhaps mental illness too. It's certainly also malicious.

SM would never allow that nor would they allow an IP to be posted, as carnut did this week. There is recourse against this and any "techie wizard" as carnut states he is, would know this. Being a self acclaimed "anarchist" does not allow you to break the privacy laws and if you do, you should expect others to push back.

I do know some of what's being posted in their hidey hole and I have to repeat what Klaas said again this week, don't post it on the internet unless you want it to be public.

I never posted any link to a cookie site on this board or any other. Some here who know me well knew that and knew why I would not, even then. Then it was refugees that concerned me, now it's GM which resembles refugees more and more each day lately. My father so wanted me to get a law degree instead of the mba I chose instead. Lately GM has only made me wish that I had.

Happy to say my work lappy is up and running again  but it's enabled me to work most of today  So with the good comes the bad, eh? 

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2009, 05:10:58 PM »

That is so sad.  I loved that show.  Death always has a way of putting things back in prespective.

Bea was 86 and I read that her physican said she had cancer but gave no details? It is terribly sad.

fyi, Barbra Streisand is performing on CBS tonight, can't remember the last time she had a performance on TV so I'm going to TiVo that for sure! San and I love looking up her youtubes from when she was younger, don't we?

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2009, 05:23:57 PM »

Bea was 86 and I read that her physican said she had cancer but gave no details? It is terribly sad.

fyi, Barbra Streisand is performing on CBS tonight, can't remember the last time she had a performance on TV so I'm going to TiVo that for sure! San and I love looking up her youtubes from when she was younger, don't we?

I saw the promo for that special and we're going out tonight.  Can't tape it, because we've disconnected the recorder and are in the process of switching TVs.  I know I won't have time to hook anything up before we leave. Still have to dry my hair and it's 84 degrees.  (no central air and the air conditioners are still in the garage). 

I love her, too.  I have all her early albums (notice I said albums    ) & saw all of her films.

Yeah, I'm getting older but to quote our beloved Peaches, "it beats a dirt nap".   Bless her....she is missed.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »

NJ Sons - I think I need to buy a software to convert what I've saved on TiVo to a DVD, I've just been too busy lately to research it. If I can figure out what's required and buy what I need, I'll send you a DVD of it, ok?

Is it hot as blazes there too? It killed me to do it but I actually cut on my air conditioning at about 6 this morning for it was so humid, so I could take a shower and feel somewhat cool. I can't remember it being this hot this early ever, can you? Beg hubby to help get those window units in place, bribe him 

oh I wanted to add to my long post about SSN's that my reference to the bill Feinstein is sponsoring, the fine point is PUBLIC records meaning those that can be accessed via the internet readily. I knew Sammy would be all over it if I didn't add that correction asap 

La Bella Durmiente
Scared Monkey

« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »

Hi everyone it is very quiet in here.  What's goin on???
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2009, 06:29:46 PM »

MyTime,

As we all know, we are not dealing with rational people.  Because their lives are so miserable, they try to make everyone's miserable too.   

I was thinking last night that mytime has a lot of courage.
It takes a lot of courage to be able to say I'm sorry, I made a mistake
and to go and be a force for good in this world.

YOU DEMONSTRATE THAT IN EVERY WAY!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »

MyTime,

I was thinking last night that mytime has a lot of courage.
It takes a lot of courage to be able to say I'm sorry, I made a mistake
and to go and be a force for good in this world.

YOU DEMONSTRATE THAT IN EVERY WAY!

Thank you Kermit!!  I admire your strength and integrity too. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.