April 26, 2024, 01:38:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting or different websites...  (Read 7007 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« on: October 30, 2006, 10:07:33 PM »

I have been coming across some websites which I have never seen before.  Have you come across any.   I thought I would share a few from time to time.

http://www.eightprinciples.com/

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:37:58 PM »

http://www.thefrown.com/frowners/becomerepublican.swf

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:44:25 AM »

GO-

The first one is great, I am unsure if corporate america could tolerate telling the troops to break the rules  Laughing but I certainly like the spirit and ultimate message of it  Wink

As for the second one, well I expect Red won't be happy about that one  Laughing I will also say I noticed this week our political campaigns in our region are some of the bloodiest mud-slinging I can remember? Maybe they got this memo?  Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 01:19:47 AM »

Yes, I also have a feeling that Red will not like the message of the political one.  I don't care for any of the messages that are on my TV right now.    

It seems to get nastier every year.   I just got back from the Chicago area and it wasn't any better there.  It is difficult to watch any TV right now because I have to keep turning the sound down.

At least it will be all over by the time I fly to Boston next week.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 01:21:01 AM »

See if this works for anyone else.   I have no idea how it works but it is blowing my mind   Shocked

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/archive/dump/flash/psychic.swf

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 01:42:14 AM »

I've seen this before. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I tried six times tonight and they were wrong six times.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 07:05:03 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I've seen this before. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I tried six times tonight and they were wrong six times.

Interesting, because I tried it at least two dozen times last night and it came out correct every time I followed the directions.  I tried it  without following the directions and it was incorrect

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 06:53:19 PM »

Quote from: "GreatOwl"
Quote from: "LouiseVargas"

Interesting, because I tried it at least two dozen times last night and it came out correct every time I followed the directions.  I tried it  without following the directions and it was incorrect

GO-

Look what I found for you?

I continue to stand with the girl.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 07:06:35 PM »

Oh, thank you so much...

I enjoy me owls.... Very Happy

Here is a site which will bring back memories for many

http://oldfortyfives.com/

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 07:46:39 PM »

That old forty-fives site is something which I could listen to several more times.  I do remember all of it....

--------------------

Now I poked at the Reds, how about a turn for blue

http://usawakeup.org/CongressFromHell.htm

I just always pray we can end up somewhere inbetween.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 08:54:22 PM »

If you've ever been in the corporate world, you might see the humor here.  I found this site funny:

http://despair.com/viewall.html

BRING NATALEE HOME
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 09:57:27 PM »

GreatOwl,

I like the oldfortyfives site. Since I'm the oldest here, I do recall that rock and roll started with Bill Haley and The Comets. I did not know the song was from Blackboard Jungle.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 10:02:30 PM »

Great Owl,

I guess I was not following the directions correctly because tonight the psychic site worked.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 10:16:27 PM »

AZLady,

I loved the site. I was in the corporate world for 16 years and I saw all the beautifully framed motivational posters.

The first pic of the pyramids called ACHIEVEMENT almost got me as serious until I read the words over a few times. "You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor."  

And the one near the last called UNDERACHIEVEMENT ... let me tell you, I love that one. "The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower."

Excellent!

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 12:12:02 AM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
If you've ever been in the corporate world, you might see the humor here.  I found this site funny:

http://despair.com/viewall.html

yes, some very interesting material.  Yet so true.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 10:04:08 AM »

GreatOwl, thank you for sharing these sites.  the oldfortyfives site, I've saved and will share with friends & family.  It does bring one back.

AZLady, thank you, too, for reminding me of the despair.com site.   I just was a tall blade of grass cut by that lawnmower, end of August ( Wink LouiseVargas).   My tenure & experience appreciated the humor behind this site.   During my time, I'd often shake my head at corporate business practices & direction, loss of the teamwork that once was in place, reorg after reorg, & 5 directors in 3 years....it changed to a revenue losing scene and players getting into position for self-recognitiion, who'd be next thrown under the bus....I'd say 'but what do I know?'.....well, that's their problem, now.  I have been set free.  My workload is now shared by the remaining 4 reports.  They are loving every minute of it. (not)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 10:51:30 PM »

2NJSons_Mom,

Let me say AMEN to your post.

My tall blade was cut in January 1994. Xerox was the last of the big corporations to lay off 10% of it's workforce. I was a troublemaker, but many loyal servants who worked their asses off broke down into tears at the outrage of the situation and realization of the corruption. After I was gone, I still talked to friends who had double and triple their workloads and the fear they could be eliminated at any time. A damn shame for them.

You and I both are free now, not beholden to any corrupt corporation or business. My friend recently got laid off as Office Manager of a dental office where she worked for 20 years and grew her blade high. She organized the office so well that it would be simple for a younger person who commands entry level wages to take over.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 11:32:16 PM »

Louise, I hear you.  It was apparent 3 years ago when then closed my office and laid off 30 employees that those of us remaining were bowling pins.  I had had directors who saw my worth, but they either left or were eliminated...then, there was one who made a lateral move....figured it was due to inside info...now she's with a competitor...the last was green, and still shows it.  Didn't know my # was up, but knew it might be coming...predict more to come first of the year.  In our case, I doubt there will be young recruits to take the place.  It might be sell the division or fold.  Sad thing is that when you sign the release you can't fight anything that may follow.  Have been predicting a fall due to lack of leadership for at least 3 years.  As I said, 'what do I know?'....The leadership we had in the past was sorely missed....and much more respected....and it was because we were respected and appreciated.  

Off my box....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.