April 19, 2024, 07:47:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the NH thread go to page 100 like the other MP threads?  (Voting closed: May 09, 2009, 08:23:30 PM)
Yes - 34 (79.1%)
No - 9 (20.9%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #818 4/30/09 - 5/17/09  (Read 385311 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: May 06, 2009, 11:59:15 PM »

Thank you Nut44x4 for posting about Donna Jou. It's very sad what transpired. I'll know more  the end of this week or next week.

I am glad to be part of the Monkey Family that care and don't give up!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: May 07, 2009, 12:06:47 AM »

Does anyone have a link to the letters that Sen. Shelby wrote back in July 2005? 

I've been looking for the full text of these letters from Gov. Riley & Sen. Shelby, to Condoleeza Rice, Nelson Oduber and the Travel Assoc. since yesterday, but no luck yet...  It's been so long, I'm curious how they read now.  The ones back from Oduber too.

One of Shelby's letters is quoted in this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/national/03aruba.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Senator%20Richard%20Shelby%20letter%20Natalee%20Holloway%20FBI&st=cse

3 Dutch F-16's to Scan Aruba for Teenager

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: July 3, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, July 2 (AP) - The Netherlands will send three F-16 warplanes rigged with search equipment to try to find a missing Alabama teenager, Aruban authorities said Saturday.

United States lawmakers, meanwhile, have increased pressure on the Aruban government to do more to find the teenager, Natalee Holloway, who disappeared nearly five weeks ago.

The planes, equipped with infrared and sonar-scanning capacity, were expected to arrive Sunday afternoon, said Aruba's chief government spokesman, Ruben Trapenberg.

He said the planes were being sent after the justice minister, Rudy Croes, requested more help from the Netherlands, the former colonizer of this Caribbean island.

This week, Senator Richard C. Shelby, Republican of Alabama, and Gov. Bob Riley of Alabama wrote letters to Prime Minister Nelson Oduber of Aruba urging his government to do more and to let the Federal Bureau of Investigation play a larger role in the case.

"With every passing day, I become increasingly concerned that the current investigation has reached a dead end," Mr. Shelby wrote Friday in a letter. "It's unfathomable that the Aruban government would not take advantage of the full spectrum of resources, personnel and expertise of the F.B.I."

Seven F.B.I. agents have had an observatory role on the island since a few days after the teenager disappeared on May 30.

The teenager's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, 44, said the American pressure showed that the family was not alone in its frustration with the pace of the investigation.

"It has become increasingly difficult to simply wait and see what happens," she said.

She said the family was "graciously pleading" with the F.B.I. and the Netherlands to do more to find her daughter, who disappeared on the last day of a graduation trip with 124 classmates from Mountain Brook, Ala. Islandwide searches have produced nothing.

Three young men have been detained in the disappearance: Joran van der Sloot, 17; Deepak Kalpoe, 21; and his brother Satish Kalpoe, 18.

Mr. Trapenberg said Friday that they had not been formally charged but could be as soon as Monday.

The three, who were arrested June 9, were the last ones seen with Ms. Holloway the night she disappeared.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: May 07, 2009, 12:20:18 AM »

Came across this one yesterday, but no link to the full letter....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161294,00.html

Senator Wants FBI to Do More in Aruba
Friday, July 01, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba —  Fearing the investigation into the disappearance of Natalee Holloway (search) has gone cold, a U.S. senator is calling for the Aruban government to allow the FBI to get more involved in the case.

Sen. Richard Shelby (search) wants the FBI to have full access to evidence in the case and he wrote a letter to FBI Director Robert Mueller to gain support for his idea. Shelby, a Republican, represents Alabama, Holloway’s home state, in the Senate.

Aruban officials said the FBI is welcome to send more people, but government spokesman Ruben Trapenburg said he did not think the extra U.S. effort would help find the young woman who has been missing for a month.

Holloway family attorney Vinda De Sousa said of Aruban officials: “They will consider every option and possibility,” when asked about bolstering the FBI's influence.

On the Dutch-Caribbean island, 20 Aruban investigators are assigned to the case, three of them are technology experts working solely on chatroom communication, text messaging and cell phone calls made between the three suspects in the days after the 18-year-old went missing.

The FBI already has helped in the effort. Massive searches by FBI agents, Dutch Marines (search), Aruban police and thousands of islanders have produced no trace of Holloway, who was celebrating her graduation from high school in Mountain Brook, Ala., when she disappeared.

Dutch teenager Joran van der Sloot, 17, and his friends, Surinamese brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18, were the last people seen with Holloway the night she vanished. The three were questioned in the days after the disappearance but were not arrested until June 9.

Two other men detained in the case — van der Sloot's father, Paul, and party boat disc jockey Steven Croes — have been released.

On Thursday, Aruba Attorney General Caren Janssen (search) said investigators have found no evidence to suggest that Holloway was dead.

"There are no traces or facts to come to the conclusion that Natalee is no longer alive," Janssen told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Janssen declined to reveal what other evidence investigators might have. But she said she could prosecute a case in Holloway's disappearance even if her body is not found.

Holloway's stepfather, George "Jug" Twitty, said the family was not surprised by Janssen's comments and was not losing hope the truth would be found.

"We may have no physical evidence, but there is a lot of other evidence of what may have happened in this case," Twitty said.

Janssen, who has been tightlipped during the investigation, said she had decided to speak out because "there has been so much misinformation in the American press."

"I'm the lead prosecutor and I want to show that we are not a bunch of cowboys here," she said.

Janssen declined to be more specific about what she believed had been reported inaccurately.

Paul van der Sloot, an island judicial official, was arrested June 23 but released a few days later when a judge ruled there was not enough evidence to hold him.

Janssen said the elder van der Sloot gave his son and the Kalpoe brothers legal advice, telling them that "without a body there is no case."

"He confirmed to me that he told them that a few days after she disappeared," Janssen told the AP.

Janssen also alleged Paul van der Sloot, a 52-year-old judge in training in Aruba, obstructed authorities' investigation by asking one of his son's friends, who had been interrogated, what he told police.

But Janssen said Paul van der Sloot was detained for being a suspect in the disappearance, not for obstructing the investigation.

Calls to the van der Sloot residence Thursday seeking comment were not answered.

A group of volunteer rescuers from Texas, which started searches Saturday, began a partial pullout from Aruba on Wednesday, with nine of the 27 volunteers returning home. But the group said it planned to bring in replacements for those who had left.

And as more than a month has elapsed since the teen's disappearance, her family holds onto hope that she will be found.

Said family attorney De Sousa: “They’re trying to hold up and keep their spirits high.”

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #623 on: May 07, 2009, 12:23:01 AM »

Does anyone have a link to the letters that Sen. Shelby wrote back in July 2005? 

I've been looking for the full text of these letters from Gov. Riley & Sen. Shelby, to Condoleeza Rice, Nelson Oduber and the Travel Assoc. since yesterday, but no luck yet...  It's been so long, I'm curious how they read now.  The ones back from Oduber too.

One of Shelby's letters is quoted in this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/national/03aruba.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Senator%20Richard%20Shelby%20letter%20Natalee%20Holloway%20FBI&st=cse

3 Dutch F-16's to Scan Aruba for Teenager

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: July 3, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, July 2 (AP) - The Netherlands will send three F-16 warplanes rigged with search equipment to try to find a missing Alabama teenager, Aruban authorities said Saturday.

United States lawmakers, meanwhile, have increased pressure on the Aruban government to do more to find the teenager, Natalee Holloway, who disappeared nearly five weeks ago.

The planes, equipped with infrared and sonar-scanning capacity, were expected to arrive Sunday afternoon, said Aruba's chief government spokesman, Ruben Trapenberg.

He said the planes were being sent after the justice minister, Rudy Croes, requested more help from the Netherlands, the former colonizer of this Caribbean island.

This week, Senator Richard C. Shelby, Republican of Alabama, and Gov. Bob Riley of Alabama wrote letters to Prime Minister Nelson Oduber of Aruba urging his government to do more and to let the Federal Bureau of Investigation play a larger role in the case.

"With every passing day, I become increasingly concerned that the current investigation has reached a dead end," Mr. Shelby wrote Friday in a letter. "It's unfathomable that the Aruban government would not take advantage of the full spectrum of resources, personnel and expertise of the F.B.I."

Seven F.B.I. agents have had an observatory role on the island since a few days after the teenager disappeared on May 30.

The teenager's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, 44, said the American pressure showed that the family was not alone in its frustration with the pace of the investigation.

"It has become increasingly difficult to simply wait and see what happens," she said.

She said the family was "graciously pleading" with the F.B.I. and the Netherlands to do more to find her daughter, who disappeared on the last day of a graduation trip with 124 classmates from Mountain Brook, Ala. Islandwide searches have produced nothing.

Three young men have been detained in the disappearance: Joran van der Sloot, 17; Deepak Kalpoe, 21; and his brother Satish Kalpoe, 18.

Mr. Trapenberg said Friday that they had not been formally charged but could be as soon as Monday.

The three, who were arrested June 9, were the last ones seen with Ms. Holloway the night she disappeared.

No luck on the letters yet, but I found this in a Rita Cosby transcript:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10639915/

snip:
Another, also, I want to read a comment, too.  This is from Senator Shelby of Alabama.  He came on our show and first announced that he was supporting Governor Riley and the boycott.  He also wrote a letter today—

I don't know if you know this—to the American Society of Travel Agents.  And it says, in part, “For the safety, security and wellbeing of our citizens, I do not believe that we can trust that we will be protected while in Aruba.”
That's a strong statement.  How do you feel to get that kind of support?

TWITTY:  It's just huge, Rita.  And, you know, I want people to know that Senator Shelby, Senator Sessions, Governor Riley, Congressman Bachus, these men have been with me since the beginning.  They have communicated with the family.  They have been there.  “What can we do?” 

You know, they have just been supportive all along.  And we just kept telling them, you know, “We can handle this.  We're working with the Dutch law, and we can do this.”  But, you know, they knew early on that we were going to be in trouble, and I am so glad that they've stayed with us.  And now they are taking over, and we are just so grateful for their support and...

COSBY:  And, you know, there's a lot of Americans—we've been getting e-mails and letters and calls from folks who said, “Look, I'm not going to go Aruba now.  I heard about this boycott.”  What do you want to say to other Americans, just average citizens, who are saying, “I support Beth”?

TWITTY:  Well, we appreciate all their support.  And you know, Rita, we're really looking at it from a safety standpoint.  And, you know, I know that—you know, whether the economic—you know, the sanctions are placed, you know, that's not something that we want, but what we have to remember is, I mean, it's a safety concern. 

And until their lack of law enforcement practices are evaluated, you know, it's not safe for tourists and it's not safe for the citizens of Aruba. 

COSBY:  It's so great to have you in person.  And I know I gave you a big hug, when we saw each other in Aruba.  So many folks just look at and say, “How do you get through all of these barriers and keep going everyday, here it has been so many months?” 

TWITTY:  Look at these men that are coming forward.  You know, it's just incredible everyone that is helping us.  I mean, we've got Clint Van Zandt and Harold Copus in with us.  I mean, it's just overwhelming the amount of support that we are getting in this. 

And you know, we can't do it by ourselves, I mean, just, you know, the family and I.  We can't.  And we haven't been.  It's been people like this that have been keeping us going, Rita.  And they'll continue to keep us going. 

(END VIDEOTAPE)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: May 07, 2009, 12:30:16 AM »

http://web.archive.org/web/20070110064818/http://www.cdnn.info/news/travel/t051110.html

National Coalition of Victims in Action urges tourists to boycott Aruba

Powered by CDNN - CYBER DIVER News Network

RICHMOND, Virginia (10 Nov 2005) -- The National Coalition of Victims in Action, a nonprofit organization comprised of crime survivors, many of whom are parents of murdered children, is publicly supporting the Aruban boycott proposed by Alabama Governor Bob Riley.

Alabama U.S. Senator Richard Shelby has also urged a voluntary boycott in order to pressure the Aruban government into cooperating more fully with the investigation of Holloway's May 30th disappearance.

Like Sen. Shelby, among many others, the Coalition is concerned that the present investigation has stagnated.

Senator Shelby stated in a letter, "From all appearances, this investigation has been plagued with inconsistencies and conflicting information."

Coalition Board member Polly Franks affirms, "This young lady has been missing for nearly six months, And her parents deserve answers. At the very least they need to know where she is so they can bring their daughter home."

"A boycott is the least we can do for Natalie, and her parents," says Franks. "Would you want to send your teenaged daughter off to Aruba anytime soon? I wouldn't!"

Natalee Holloway

In lieu of any official boycott by the State Department, the Coalition is urging all concerned Americans to voluntarily boycott vacationing in Aruba until Natalie is found.
© CDNN - CYBER DIVER NEWS NETWORK

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: May 07, 2009, 12:52:23 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=318.0

Scared Monkeys Discussion Forum
Natalee Holloway => Natalee Holloway => Topic started by: Sam on September 06, 2006, 11:01:01 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: The letter from the Holloways Twitty and Art Wood in 3 parts
Post by: Sam on September 06, 2006, 11:01:01 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subj: Letter 1

Date: November1,2005
To: Theresa Croes Fernandez-Pedra
Attorney General Of Aruba
Havenstrat 2
Orangestad,Aruba

From  Arthur F. Ward
Dave and Robin Holloway
Beth and Jug Twitty

Dear Attorney General,

Dave Holloway and I left Aruba on October 27,2005, after meeting with the Prime Minister, Nelson Oduber. During the meeting we informed the Prime Minister of our collective perception that the investigation into the disappearance of Natalee Holloway has been mishandled and jeapordized by the current investigative and prosecution team. We expressed our total lack of confidence in that team and requested that the Prime Minister, together with the appropriate officials from Aruba, appoint a new investigative and prosecutorial team to continue this case. The purpose of this document is to identify and explain some of the elements, concerns and incidents which have led to our complete lack of confidence in the ability of the current team to continue this investigation in a professional and positive manner. We feel that it is imperative that the following individuals be replaced.

Dennis Jacobs:

On June1,2005, Dave Holloway arrived in Aruba in search of his daughter, Natalee Holloway. He was accompanied by his brother and brother-in-law. Their arrival was approximately 48 hours after Natalee had disappeared. After stopping at two different police stations, both of which were unaware of Natalee's dissapearance, they made there way to the Noord Police Station and requested to speak to the detective who was handling the Natalee Holloway disappearance case. Dennis Jacobs responded with the following inappropiate question "How much money do you have?" The subsequent conversation with Jacobs was less than satisfactory to say the least.When Dave informed him they were going to begin a search for Natalee, he reaponded with" Search, Why would you want to do that?" Dave replied," Isn't that what you normally do when someone is missing?" Jacobs answer was" No, this happens all the time. Just go down to Carlos and Charlie's and have a beer, she probably just got drunk or fell in love and ran off for a few days"  Jacobs advised Dave that he had taken statements from the three boys who were last seen with Natalee. These were Joran van der Sloot,Depak and Satish Kalpoe, and that their statements were all compatible with the fact that they had dropped her off at the Holiday Inn. When Dave advised Jacobs that his ex-wife, Beth Twitty, had told him thetapes at the Holiday Inn had been reviewed and showed that the boys had lied, because the tapes showed they had not dropped her off. Jacobs continued to infer that she would probably show up soon. (Jacobs already knew that the tapes at the hotel indicated that the boys had lied, yet he told Dave that their statements were compatible.) Dave and his brothers pressed Jacobs to reinterview the boys and he assured them that he would do so the following day. Requestioning of the boys did not happen for many days.

The statement or declarations that Jacobs has taken in this case, at least the ones we have seen, appear to be incomplete. In every instance the responses that he records are misleading and demand follow up questions that are obvious to any intelligent reader. For instance, Juron says" I think Depac killed Natalee and buried her body." There is no followup question as to why or where? At one point, An FBI person was privy to one of the interviews conducted by Dennis Jacobs. The FBI agent became so frustrated with Jacobs methods and line of questioning that he/she walked out of the interview. On May 31,2005, Dennis Jacobs took a statement or declaration from Beth Twitty. He translated her statement from English to Dutch and when Beth finally had it translated back to English, it in no way represented wht she had told him. We find it hard to believe that the focal theme of a declaration could lose it's entire legitimacy through translation alone.

Post by: Sam on September 06, 2006, 11:03:34 AM

Subj: Letter page 2

On October 20,2005, Dennis Jacobs took a statement from Dave Holloway. The purpose of that interview was to record what Holloway and Paulus van der Sloot had discussed outside of the prison in August when Holloway approached Paulus about the possibility of talking to Juron. The discussion on that subject between Holloway and Jacobs lasted approximately one and one half hours. Yet the statement that Jacobs typed up was reduced to less than two pages and focused very littl atteantion to the intended line of questioning. Instead, Jacobs ask Holloway questions that appear in the document about Beth Twitty, the Natalee Holloway fund, and if Beth is a distant relative of Hitler. The document showed Eric Soemers as a witness to the  interview. Eric was not in the room during the interview. In that same interview, Jacobs makes disparaging remarks about Jug Twitty, including referring to Jug as "that F*****"

In August 2005 I found a belt in a sand dune near the lighthouse. It appears to be identical to a belt that Juron van der Sloot had displayed on his website while pretending to choke a young man in a photo. I turned the belt over to the detectives at the Bubali Police Station. On the following day, I arranged to have professional searchers with cadaver dogs conduct a search of the area where the belt was found. Mr. Fred Golba, who is a professional searcher and dog handler led the search effort.At one point Mr. golba's cadaver dog began to excitedly dig in the dune ten feet from where I discovered the belt. Because of the dogs interest in that area Mr. Golba excavated the sand dune and recovered two tiny pieces of plastic, which he described as a milky color and were possibly consistent with a type of plastic that is used in large drum liners or garbage bags. Fred Golba wanted to collect these pieces of plastic as evidence and have the police forward them for forensic examination. Dennis Jacobs who was on the scene during the search, told Mr. Golba to throw them away as they were meaningless. When I turned in the belt that I found in that dune, I requested the police to forward the belt for forensic examination and or computer enhancement. I later checked with the police, including Deputy Chief Dompig, and I was informed that the detective team had decided that the belt was not important as it was to old. Quite frankly, I was quite puzzled as the belt in the photo appears to be a very old belt and I did not suggest that it was Jurons belt, only the likelihood that it was the belt Juron was using as a prop in the photo.

In early July 2005, a tourist found a bone on the beach with flesh intact, just south of the Clifornia lighthouse area. The tourist advised that the bone , which appeared to be a shoulder bone, was turned into the Noord Police Station. This tourist contacted Dave Holloway approximately ten days after giving the bone to the Noord Police to inquire as to the results of the find. Dave Holloway was unaware that a bone had been found and advised the tourist to contact the Noord Police Station for the results.He also inquired the FBI as to what they had been told about the bone. The FBI told Dave that they had heard nothing about a bone being found and that the Aruban Investigative team was unaware of a bone being found. Further  inquiry onlyadded to the confusion regarding this bone as Dennis Jacobs said that a donkey bone and a fish bone were found. Another investigator from the team advised that a human bone was found but that it was to old to have been from Natalee. In August, I asked Roy Tromp about the bone and he said he was unaware of any bone being found.

It is not hard  for one to imagine the uncertainty in the mind of a parent searching for his missing daughter, hearing that a bone was found, contacting the investigative team and being given an array of confusing answers. The question in Dave Holloway's mind remains. Was the bone that the tourist found and thought of as a human shoulder bone ever taken to the medical examiner? Was it photographed, Where is it now, and could it have been from Natalee Holloway.

These incidents and concerns are a mere fraction of the overall number of impressions and observations that we have made or have been related to us regarding Dennis Jacobs handling of this investigation. Jacobs continues to theorize that Natalee is still alive, which may explain his lack of diligence in persuing the suspects who are responsible for Natalee's disappearance.

Post by: Sam on September 06, 2006, 11:05:38 AM

Subj: Letter page 3

Karin Jansen:

It has been five months since Natalee disappeared. Karen Jansen must be held responsible for the lack of prosecutorial sucess in this case.It is not our contention or intention to make any disparaging remarks toward Mrs Jensen. It should suffice to say that each and every one of us has lost all confidence in the ability of this prosecutor to successfully see this case to it's conclusion. On September 1,2005 Karin Janson expressed confidence in bringing sex related charges against the suspects and the Kalpoe brothers were in fact reincarcerated only to be set free less than a week later. Mrs Jansen advised Dave Holloways attorney, Vinda De Sousa, that she would not be able to continue with the sex related charges because the three girls who had accused the  suspects had suddenly changed their stories.

Why? One of the girls has advised her attorney that she did so after receiving a call from Dennis Jacobs. She led her attorney to believe that she was coerced into withdrawing her accusations.

Gerald Dompig:

As Deputy Cheif of Police, Gerald Dompig, Needs to be held to a  standard of professionalism that exceeds every member of his team. However he continues to shift the focus of this investigation away from the suspects who are responsible for Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

On October 20, 2005, Gerald Dompig advised me that Beth Twitty could not have made a worse choice in her selection of  Helen Lejuez as her Aruban attorney. He said that Helen was a former prosecutor,who, was forced out of office by mental problems. He made several disparaging comments concerning Mrs Lejuez, which I believe were unethical. He failed to mention thatMrs Lejuez had represented his wife in a divorce action against him, which may explain his dislike of her. On that same occasion he advised me that he was disappointed that Beth Twitty had not made her intended trip to Aruba as he had a nunber of questions for her regarding her relationship with Natalee, the monies raised b the Natalee Holloway fund and Jug Twittty's financial situation and Insurance policies for Natalee. These questions have been asked and answered by the Holloway's and The Twitty's months ago and any attempts to shift the focus of this investigation onto Dave Holloway, Beth Twitty or their Family members is a ludicrous mismanagement of the investigation.

On October 26,2005, Gerald Dompig provided comments that were reprehensible to the Aruban media where he was quoted as calling for an investigation into the millions of dollars Beth Twitty has received through the Natalee Holloway fund. Inflammatory in Nature, it is apparent that Dompig wants to incite anti - Beth Twitty feelings among the Aruban population, in a situation,  where he should be doing the exact opposite, and appealing to the Aruban people for leads to solve Natalee's disappearance.

Conclusion:
Dave Holloway, Beth Twitty, and their families and representatives are mindful of the request to refrain from criticizing the Aruban Investigative and Prosecutorial team. However in light of the above incidents, it has become increasingly difficult to hold our tongues. Our only goal is to find Natalee Holloway. It is our contention that it is in the best interest of everyone concerned to instigate a fresh start in this case. We respectfully request that Dennis Jacobs, Karin Jansen and Gerald Dompig be removed from this case.

Sincerley,
Arthur E. Wood

Signed and in agreement
Dave Holloway
Robin Holloway
Beth Twitty
Jug Twitty

copy to The Honorable Nelson Oduber, Prime Miniser of Aruba
Rudy Croes Minister of Justice Aruba
Helen Lejuez ( attorney for Beth Twitty)
Vinda DeSousa ( attorney for Dave Holloway)
The Honarble Bob Riley, Governor of Alabama
Condoleesa Rice, U.S. Secretary of State.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: May 07, 2009, 12:58:12 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/11/11/natalee-holloway-so-this-is-the-answer-to-the-hollowaytwittys-letter-to-the-aruban-attorney-general/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: May 07, 2009, 01:22:57 AM »

Probably not the letters you wanted, Lifesong...sorry!   

I'll look more tomorrow if someone else doesn't post them first.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: May 07, 2009, 01:25:46 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: May 07, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: May 07, 2009, 02:01:46 AM »

Thanks, Texasmom!

Those letters have got to be out there somewhere or the articles wouldn't be quoting them, right?  Maybe their offices issued press releases...I'll look there next.

I did find this one from following one of the links you posted:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/07/23/a-clear-message-again-to-let-fbi-help-in-investigation/

A Clear Message Again to Let FBI Help in Investigation

From Diario July 23rd page 3

CLEAR MESSAGE AGAIN TO LET FBI HELP IN INVESTIGATION
Two Ministers sent letter to Attorney General

ORANJESTAD (AAN): This week, the Alabama legislation approved a motion that suggests that all people from Alabama avoid visiting Aruba until the Natalee Holloway case is resolved.

But Thursday both PM Oduber and Minister of Justice Croes sent a letter to the Attorney General to thus confirm the instruction to use all legal methods to guarantee involvement of the FBI, referring to the investigation of the disappearance of the Alabama student.

Ministers insist, that the involvement must be at all levels, this means that the FBI must have complete access to the dossier, including all reports, audio recordings, footage of interrogation as well as all material that deals with this case, so far that the judicial system allows this.

In case that the actual phase of the investigation limits this level of involvement, then the instruction is to use all necessary legal methods to permit and even guarantee complete access to the FBI. In case that external expertise is needed, then the Government gives authorization and instruction to the Attorney General to do this.

Finally, it must be imperative that no doubt can exist that the Aruban authority guarantees total cooperation in this case with American authority, just as the case was from the beginning, inside the limitations of the judicial system.

It has been made clear to DIARIO that for many years already, the cooperation between the [Aruban] Police Corps and among others, the FBI and DEA was open and close. Never were there any problems in this.

The letter was also sent to the Governor, relevant departments, American Embassy, to the FBI, press and also the Holloway family.

The actual text of the letter, translated by me. Never say I don’t love you

Office of the Ministry of Justice

To the Attorney General

Oranjestad, 21 July 2005

Subject: Nathalee [sic] Holloway

Confirmed for the proper procedural ways is the instruction for obvious reasons to you to use all lawful methods to guarantee the involvement of the FBI in the investigation.

This involvement must be complete and means that the FBI is allowed to receive all interrogation reports, movies and audio recordings in addition to to all obtained materials that relates to this investigation. In short: the dossier is open to the FBI for as much as our justice system allows.

In case that the current phase of the investigation limits this complete involvement, then the explicit instructions are to use all lawful methods to ensure i.e. guarantee the involvement of the FBI. We authorize -instruct you, if you will- you to seek help of external experts as necessary.

In closing, there is not allowed to be any doubt that Aruba, in this [case] guarantees the cooperation with the American authorities, just as it was since the beginning, within the borders of our own justice system.

Signed

The Prime Minister, Minister of General Affairs
N.O. Oduber

The Minister of Justice
Dr. H.R. (Rudy) Croes

c.c.: Governor / Ministers / Justice Dept. / Aruba Police Corps / Foreign Relations Dept. / USA Emb. / FBI / Holloway fam. / Security Neth. Antilles/ Media

Update: Birmingham News; Aruban leader: Give FBI investigation documents in Holloway case

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — Aruba’s prime minister has urged investigators to give the FBI all documents related to the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, according to a letter released late Friday

Posted July 23, 2005 by ArubaGirl

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #631 on: May 07, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »

Good Morning ALL

I'm curious what everyone thinks.

How long do you think the Paramount / Dr Phil v Kalpe trial will last?

I know it seems like it took forever to get to a trial date, but I can't see this case taking more than a week once it starts. I realize there will probably be some delays and it may not start in May of 2010 and I sure don't think this case has any merit. I also think this has some how progressed without the Kalpoes's compliance on certain documents. They have hid behind article 45 for almost two years - it's doubtful they produced the documents that Dr Phil and Paramount have requested.

Any thoughts?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: May 07, 2009, 10:08:34 AM »

Good Morning, All,

Rob, I don't know if this is going to be a jury trial or not but they do take longer.  If it is only before a judge, he will take into consideration the discover documents they failed to provide.  A jury will be instructed to as well, I would think. 

So even if they get their "day in court' the fact they didn't provide the docs as ordered can and will be held against them I do believe, resulting in a less favorable ruling.

But I do agree, once it goes to court, it won't last very long at all.  Never know how these things are going to go but I would have thought it would have been thrown out when the Kalpoes refused to comply with Discovery.

Don't know about California but in this part of the country once in a while we see the "moral victory" of ruling in their favor the sum of $1 saying they were technically correct on the legalities but the judge still not impressed.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: May 07, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »

And here's a Pannenkoeken to start the day!

Monkey Devil!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: May 07, 2009, 10:48:41 AM »

Good Morning ALL

I know it seems like it took forever to get to a trial date, but I can't see this case taking more than a week once it starts. I realize there will probably be some delays and it may not start in May of 2010 and I sure don't think this case has any merit. I also think this has some how progressed without the Kalpoes's compliance on certain documents. They have hid behind article 45 for almost two years - it's doubtful they produced the documents that Dr Phil and Paramount have requested.

Any thoughts?

IT WILL BE a Jury trial. 

Civil trials last longer than criminal trials.  In the civil trial the jurors only need to find a propensity of truth and not beyond a reasonable doubt.  I was on a jury trial once that lasted 8 weeks. I don't think this one will take as long unless one side or the other has alot of witnesses on the stand.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: May 07, 2009, 11:28:13 AM »

GOOD MORNING MONKEYS!!  GOOD MORNING ZOOKEEPERS!!

Janet
8:30 AM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: May 07, 2009, 12:13:59 PM »

Good Morning ALL

Any thoughts?

Rob,

I think it depends on how much evidence gets brought in.  I don't think it will take long to establish if the tape was edited/not edited.  I do think the damages portion could take a minute. 

Below are just some of Deepak's statements on the very same tape, before any editing or broadcast.  I don't see how they prove damages from this specific incident after so much had already been said and done both by them and about them.  I coded in blue some of the ones I think most undermine their claim, as these conditions existed prior to any editing/broadcast by Dr. Phil.  Again, just a partial list...link at the end.

In Deepak's Own Words:
What Was the Kalpoes' Situation Prior to the Broadcast? 
What Did They Have Left To Lose?

Damages?  Motivation to Sue?  Prior Knowledge of Common Editing Processes for TV?

Statements Not In Question of Editing, made by Deepak Kalpoe on the Skeeters tape

1.  The television viewers can back us up, yeah. They do it right now also. You know, you have against and people that are for us.

2.  If you want me to take a polygraph for the show, you know.  I’ll talk it over with my attorney.  I’ll get back to you and (unintelligible)  But it’s not gonna help.

3.  I don't have any close friends anymore; they're all gone.

4.  Everything is empty. The bottle is empty.the party is...All gone

5.  Are you trying to scare me with.. with.. with  the phone call to this lady friend, just so I will take the polygraph, so?  Cause you don't have to, let me talk it out with my attorney and if he wants to, I  do it and that's it and I'm... It's not that big of a problem if its (unintelligible) and I'll call you.  Do you want the polygraph for this show?

6.  The polygraph I will give but.. Yeah, but no interview.  None, whatsoever.  No interview, none whatsoever.  No cameras, nothing

7.  But as far as me going on camera, it still just doesn't matter.  Because at the end of the night, everyone, still, when they go to bed, they think, "these boys know something."  It's gonna come down to that, so we gave up on that a long time ago.

8.  You see, the amount of pressure they put on us in those twenty-six days and are putting on right now on Van der Sloot.  Uh... people don't see that. Yeah.  And, uh you don't wanna know how we we've been treated. [Jamie Skeeters: Did they... did they beat you?]  Uh... no.  They weren't...  They did to Van der Sloot.  They did to Joran.

9.  They treated us hard.  And, after all that pressure...   (sighs)  These people still thinks, you know, we know something. Their problem.  (unintelligible ) ...us up.  Because he knows, he saw it. They appealed and they still lost it because they saw also.  The amount of pressure we've been in, uh.. for example, one bread and a little cup of water from eight am to seven pm. They don't know that. Why?  They just don't care.  None of 'em care. I mean, when Beth got on and cry  and this and that, everyone's now like.. you know, sympathy and those things, but, uh...they didn't hear our side of the story and...

10.  And about interviews, et cetera,  I just told someone, because the price is not too good yet because, uh...  we are planning to write a book.  [Jamie Skeeters:  Who's writing a book?]  Me. That's what they told me. They said write a book, explain everything in the book, give it to a publisher. You'll have a pretty good sum of money, and that's... that's. That's why we are not doing interviews right then, I mean,  and we are not wearing wires like everyone on camera and we have our reasons why.

11.  That's right, that's one of the reasons also that we are not going, you know, on television or magazines, all those things, because no one, no one knows what's going to happen

12.  Well,  I, I heard they are planning to charge from the other guy with murder.  [Jamie Skeeters:  Van der Sloot?] Yeah.  For September? They're... what we'd heard, he's are expected to charge.  And, um, I personally think it's going to happen also.  And then they're comin'.  They're gonna come after us as accomplish (meant accomplices). To all of us (unintelligible)  It's all expected. We're ready.

13.  That's what we told most people also.  Because Greta also... She... she was offering, you know, offering sums of money also, you know, for an exclusive (unintelligible).. [Jamie Skeeters:     How much?] Uh... the numbers are pretty big. ... Four and a half million.

14.  And that's what we're waiting on, because that's what my lawyer's advising.  If they want to arrest us again, they can. Because, believe me I have my alibi for that Sunday. The more they screw up, the better for me.  And, I want them to arrest me again. I'm waiting on them.  Because the more they screw up, the more we're going to hit them like a bag of bricks.

15.  We're ready for them. Because, our alibi is there, mine and my brothers.  Confirmed. So..   Beth thinks.. she's..That's like. Like I said. Um.. It's just.. um...we're not really worried about the shows. Or that... or a show clearing us our name. Our name is clear, because the stuff is not going public yet.  Once all of this.,. "Why don't you think that they are hiding it?" That.  Why don't they just bring it public? So that the public sees what they have on us. Not even a fingerprint, not a hair.  Nothing. They won't do it, because they know.  And then Beth goes home with all her critical remarks, and... uh..  this and this, calling me a criminal on TV. I have on tape... right now is waiting for her.

16.  So, we're pretty pissed.  We just don't express it... 

17.  No. If I sue someone... (unintelligible)  Um... the amount is not that big and there is no, no no jail or something. (unintelligible)  That's why I was looking for an attorney in the US.  I'm looking for a good one, you know?  ... to see what he or she, you know, can do about our rights, our privacy. If those (unintelligible) our photos on TV in handcuffs and everything on TV, just like that.

18.  Miami Dade college. All gone, it's over.

19.  I never.  I never drugged someone.  I haven’t heard, you know, the bartender story..  I know that there’s a drug called ecstasy, but…  Never took it  Never, never saw it, also, you know, close up (unintelligible)   Um, I heard they slipping that into drinks there…

20.  Right now, I know that they're digging up, excuse my word, shit, on us. And um, we see that, we realize that.  I mean…I mean, Beth coming to my work with a hidden camera…Yeah.  It’s all over the news, you know.  Yeah, a hidden camera in her bag.  Yeah.  I mean all that kinds of stuff and, and, still Beth is a good person and we’re the bad guys.  But... me

21.  Oh, oh...you people don’t know Beth.  You people don’t know Beth.  You haven’t spoken to her in person.  Or, you haven’t seen the other side of her.  That’s what I meant when they.. Yeah, and um, she goes on news and saying I have told her “The media hasn’t seen this side of you” and then she said “Yeah, Deepak thinks um, I’m gonna sit quiet and not asking questions”, what I meant was “The media hasn’t seen this bitch side of you.  You threatening people"…

22.  Oh... uh... she was sitting in front of the door with Tito.  Today.  Waiting Waiting.  So, she’s just stubborn.  She just won’t listen.  And, then...  They can hire a contractor killer, kill us. They just won't leave us, never.

23.  You know they can kill us…Yeah.  Chop us up in pieces you know and throw us.  And, if they find Natalee tomorrow alive they will just... .  We just don’t care.  It’s over for us.  You know?  As far as our careers, our schools…

24.  I told Beth everything…she won’t believe us, of course. But, that... that... that has been going on for weeks and we don’t go on tv also. No matter what we say…I mean, everything we say today, they just don’t believe us. At the end of the night, we still are suspects and stay... we’ll stay suspects.

25.  I’ve heard it.. you know.. people they can bypass it. The polygraph.  Because, when we were cooking up the Holiday Inn story… You know, there was a Holiday Inn story before... before the beach. Van der Sloot told... I told.  I asked Van der Sloot, himself,  "What if they give us a polygraph test," and he said, "I’ll pass it," ...about the Holiday Inn story. "There’s no way in hell they can beat...." He say... He said, “I’ll bypass it, I know how”  That’s what he told me. Thats.

26.  Thanks.  As far as goes for Beth, um, I know she wants us to hang for for this.  All three of us.  And, so she’s drinking... party in casinos?  Late in the night?  Drinking cocktails on... on beaches?  Believe me, I have my sources.  And drunk in casinos.  And, um, still has the nerve to come tell us, you know.  (I) mean, come on, the Aruban people, we, our familes, to tell you, quite frankly, we gave enough for someone, to tell you the truth, dressed like a slut, talked like one, was a racist… The daughter.  Was a racist, I mentioned.And um, would go in a car with three
 strange guys.  And her mother claiming her to be the little goody two shoes.  Come on.  Enough with the BS already.  It's been enough.  And, I can tell Beth on her face, I don’t care.  I mean, go and say bad things on us. We don’t need any of this.  We just don’t care anymore.  I can tell Beth, you know, on her face, on camera, you know, "Screw you, go home.  You made my life miserable.  You ended it."   

27.  We don’t know where the body is.  If I knew where the body is, I would tell them a long time ago. Let them start a trial and get this over with.  I don’t care, you know, if they charge us with murder, or no. When they went…at the morning they arrested us... five a.m. and you’re suspected of murder, rape, kidnapping... I said, "So, the charging us is not so big, because being suspected, it’s already in,"  You know, that progress. So.  It’s not that big of a deal.  But, I would end everyone’s mystery.. I just don’t know. But, if I tell Beth that, tell Greta,  they don’t believe us. Everything we say right now is just trash, you know.. so we just don’t go on tv or.. or news or news stations.

28.  You mean the show before they cut?  What will...what will I do with that?

29.  And, they just go on tv and they just tell everything wrong and wrong and just make us look the bad guys. They do a pretty good job at it. (quietly laughs)

30.  One of the, one of the, the night, the three am night, one of the, one of the partners I think of Beth, he was walking to hit me. And van der Sloot's a big guy, he says, "Hey, you're not touching him, or else, I'll kick your ass in my yard." And, he can't do nothing, no more. The father said, "You're out of your jurisdiction. Watch out if you touch this boy."  Uh, with the cops as witnesses.  Uh, I think it was Paul Reynolds. Her uncle.  Yeah. Yeah. So that's, that's how we were treated from the beginning. They don't see that do they? They.. they don't see our side. No problem 

31.  But Greta, in my opinion, Greta is sucking up way too much to the   Twittys. I'm sorry to say that. It's how I see it.   She's sucking up too much to Beth and them and (unintelligible)    That's how I see it. She, she was so close with...with us in the first, you know? Just keeping it professional. On both sides. After we realized, you know, she, she's taking the wrong way, she wants down another direction, so my mom said. (laughs) It's better we . you know, we..
'cept... I haven't spoken to her. I…

Clipped from here:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=648.msg91866#msg91866

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: May 07, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »

Lifesong,
I don't recall ever seeing the full letter that Senator Shelby wrote and don't think it ever appeared in that form on the internet.

I do recall an interview where he spoke about it.  Not sure if it was just in Alabama or if it was also on National MSM news.

Anyway, he held up a letter from Prime Minister Nelson Oduber that he, Shelby, had received.  In it Oduber requested diving assistance for the search.

Shelby pulled stings and got a seven man diver team to Aruba on the double.  When they arrived, they were told they could not participate in any dives, etc.  So Shelby was furious.  He was holding up the letter he received from Oduber requesting the divers and telling how they were not allowed to even go into the water.

And to top it off, despite Shelby holding up the actual letter from Oduber, Oduber denied ever writing one!

When that bold faced lie was told was one of the first indications to me that we were in big, big trouble if the Prime Minister would tell a flaming lie in that manner.   And sure enough, it was just as bad as that made it look.

But I don't recall ever seeing Shelby's letter and think one from a U.S. Senator would not be put in print.  Or rarely.  Their word is usually good enough and Shelby has a stellar reputation.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: May 07, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »

Thanks, Anna!  I'd come across some of your posts on the subject while searching and I do remember the incident with the divers. 

Still, I think its possible that the letter was at least released to the media since they were quoting it in their articles.

I'll post it if I ever find it!

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: May 07, 2009, 01:53:27 PM »

OK

First of all...
The phone call from William, it appears the Beth nor Greta know of its origination.. They know it happened.. But nothing more.
Knowing what number called Williams phone, if it originated on Aruba, WHO that phone belongs to is important.

Next..
 I want to find a way to email or write Rene wife in prison. Knowing what she thinks could take us in new directions..

Finally the ignorance of Luis M. and his direct connection to drugs and criminal activity and criminal figures on Aruba is astounding to me. His own accomplice being defended by Paulus is also astounding.. Everyone ignores it..

This case about Natalee is all about drugs and drug people and how the Big people hide themselves right in front of your face.

Anyways.. I am just sayin..
You will not find answers in the things other people have said or have done

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.