April 27, 2024, 01:00:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Health Care Reform - How many people will be covered?  (Read 2502 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 02, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »

How can there be meaninful reform is you don't know how many people you need to cover and how much it will cost?  How many illegal aliens will be added? 12-50 million?

A decade from now, Obama said, a fifth of the U.S. economy will be tied to health care, with millions more people lacking coverage and average paychecks decreasing due to rising health costs.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/02/obama.health.reform/

I can believe this, because it seems like illegal people are not financially responsible for the care they get in the ER.  The nation seems to be a magnet for everyone looking for free healthcare.

Is there truly out of control healthcare inflation?  Or just a tsunami of illegal people using the ER for free care? 

Why not prove that it is possible to control costs?  Address the public welfare benefits first - Congressional and presidential healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid, and then look at how well those reforms are going.

Why should the private sector be the test market?  Aren't the 'savings' supposed to make it possible to cover everyone?  Why not start with the public aid programs first?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:16:58 PM »

"Everyone agrees that reducing the cost of health care would benefit our economy, but the administration hasn't offered a credible plan to do so without raising taxes or rationing care," said House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio.

Obama wants legislation that would hold down costs, guarantee choice and extend coverage to the 50 million Americans who don't have it now.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gap9wCaolRYguYQesA2i2Yr98yLgD98IKM4G6

Where is the action plan?  The meat and bones of savings?  

How many Americans have lost their savings and hope for retirement due to the financial meltdown.  The nation is out of money.  The Obama administration wants to tax, tax, tax, and people are getting nothing for their dreams.

Dreams have been stolen, lost due to government mismanagement, taxation, and there is nothing being returned to citizens.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:57:35 AM »

Welcome to Fascism.

Read this definition:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 12:57:16 AM »

Welcome to Fascism.

Read this definition:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

Yes. Freedom from governmental control is what our sons have died for in battle since this dream of individual freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness began. It was called America.

We are throwing those ideals away. We have voted their death in and are standing by watching them being carved up on a cutting board called "change" by an eloquent butcher.
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 12:46:06 PM »

Ihad to give up Internet for awhile, as I was in Va. staying with my brother and his wife...my brother passed away April 2  ( it was inevitible and truly a blessing for him).

Whiskey Girl  (and others) it was sooo refreshing to read your posts today.....thank God there is still some sanity left in this world.  If the people who voted Obama in were so naive at the time, it's almost forgiveable,  now it is shear stupidity not to be able to see what this man is "up to"!!!

His arrogance, ignorance, (not to mention his and his wife's horrendous grammar) Muslim, not tolorance and respect, but acceptance and praise, quoting from the Koran how Nations should behave, is revolting.

Does he not know about those Ancient Tablets, the TEN COMMANDMENTS?  Why doesn't he quote them to the Evil Nation of Islam!!!  They are a lot easier to understand, especially (for low mentality Muslims) they are ALL the rules man should abide by...... and they come from GOD, not a liar called Mohammed!!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.