April 16, 2024, 10:40:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #127 4/25/09 - 5/01/09  (Read 290598 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1020 on: April 28, 2009, 08:59:20 PM »

Dumb Monkey question, please no nanners being thrown...

What is the significance of the Amscot photos?

It will show that KC delibritely left her car there, the fact that no one was with her, maybe her opening the trunk and putting garbage in the back. Any tracing of her will help.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:33:08 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
3babiesmommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1021 on: April 28, 2009, 08:59:21 PM »

Did skanky mcskank skank say that someone else drove the car to Amscot?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:33:30 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot like my sister as far as how we would react.
John Morgan: I can tell.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1022 on: April 28, 2009, 08:59:39 PM »

Missing White-Girl Syndrome
Reported by: Allison Watts, Executive Producer
Email: AllisonWatts@13wham.com
Last Update: 3:19 pm 

By now you have probably heard of the story involving the missing girl from Gates-Chili high school.  She went on Spring break and has been missing since Saturday night.  We first found out about the story when someone called the newsroom Sunday night.  We immediately started making some calls to police and authorities to check it out.

Every time there is a missing person’s case, we have a tough decision to make.  There are so many people who go missing every day.  Mothers, fathers, daughters, co-workers, and friends.  We take calls in the newsroom from loved ones begging us for coverage.  It is so hard to decide which ones we should air. 

One thing I know I am very sensitive to – is falling prey to what some people call the “missing white girl” syndrome. They are missing girls who become somewhat “celebrities.” The media devotes hundreds of hours of TV time to their disappearance.  Their names: Caylee Anthony, Natalee Holloway, Laci Peterson, etc. I could go on. 

I read an article on Poynter (Journalism Institute) that described their common characteristics: 

They are white.
They are female.
They are young.
They are either cute or attractive.
They are middle class or upper-middle class.
They are the center of a mystery: either "where is she" or "who killed her."
They have advocates who are capable of keeping their names in the news.
They have a photo or video record of their lives that can be used, over and over again, by television producers.
So I make sure I can answer these questions to myself.  Would we cover the story if it were a black or Latino teenager?  What if the child was poor?  What if it was a man/boy? Or what about teens from the city? Or adults for that matter? 

I also ask these questions: Are the police involved?  How serious are they taking the case?  Are there unusual circumstances?  How old is the person/child?  Is Missing/Exploited Children involved? Sometimes I go with a gut feeling as I did in the case of the missing Chili girl.   

These are the difficult questions we have to ask ourselves.  I hope I never have to go through something as heart-wrenching as looking for missing loved ones. I empathize with anyone who has been through it.

On a final note—I wanted to end with an excerpt from an old Poynter article.

“Please try and think of exceptions to this coverage if you can. Perhaps you recall the recent case of murder involving relatives of actress and singer Jennifer Hudson, who lost her mother, brother, and nephew. Jennifer Hudson gained her fame through "American Idol" and her Oscar-winning performance in "Dreamgirls," and it was her celebrity that drove the news coverage, not the plight of her missing 7-year-old nephew.

Do you remember his name? It was Julian King. If he had been a pretty white girl, it would probably be on the tip of your tongue.” 

http://www.13wham.com/content/blogs/story/Missing-White-Girl-Syndrome/HWQfnSOZUkmGE3pSh9tXmA.cspx

Hi Northern Rose, I don't know who this Allison person is, but she is saying only pretty white girls get coverage? This is what I would say to Miss Allison:

Let me see, what about Sandra Cantu? She was HISPANIC Miss Allison Watts. She was not upper/middle class, she lived in a trailer park.

I see her point about the media coverage of upper class white people that are missing, but we have an upper class white middle aged lady that is missing here and there is no National or even local coverage. So Miss Allison, I say to you, if you think people only fall prey to "Chili" girl stories, you are wrong. If you are a REAL journalist, then make ALL missing persons your priority just like Red and all the mods do at SM. 

Sorry for the rant and I just walked in the door and didn't look at the link you posted, I probably should have looked at it. This wasn't directed to you Northern Rose. I don't even know who this Allison person is, so maybe JSM should go grab a beer and shut her yap.

No offense taken.  I was just as outraged when I read it.  Just such a slow day decided to post it to spawn conversation. 
Thanks Northern Rose, like I said, what I was writing is what I would say to the Miss Allison whatsername. JSM isn't eloquent with words, so she doesn't write letters or send email to important people. Like my boss said one time when he was mad and screaming. I told him don't scream at me, he politely yelled at me and said " I'm not screaming at you, I am screaming through you",  What he meant is he was screaming to the guy that sent him the letter, I was just the messenger.   

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1023 on: April 28, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »

I don't think so, I think she said her car ran out of gas and two guys helped to push it into the Amscot parking lot--she even said that she left a note on the car, if I remember it correctly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:35:49 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1024 on: April 28, 2009, 09:01:30 PM »

Boo, you have quite the collection of Christopher Meloni pics 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1025 on: April 28, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »

Watching NG right now...I wish they would stop with those stupid graphics... Okay I have a question...

If these photos and/or video actually show KC driving into the Amscot parking lot wouldn't this be the nail in the coffin for KC? 

I despise the whole Ant clan and think sterilization would have been a wonderful thing some time back.  That being said unfortunately unless they have a video showing every second of that car from the time she left it till the tow guy got it Bobo has already laid the ground work that Jesse had a key to the car, Zanny the ghost had a key, anyone could have put it in there to frame PTA.  If the video shows no one near the car they can then claim that someone tampered with it at the tow yard.  I hate saying...but he will find some way to try to discredit it or to throw it out.

Does anyone know if the tow yard has video cameras?  Is that wishful thinking?
Yes early on in the case they said they had cameras but they tape onto a hard drive and the video overwrites very often as the ah rd drive was not very big.  It just may be that it has taken this long to get the ghost images from the drive as they have so much layering of information on it.  If nothing else I am sure they could recover some of the images if not all of the video.

Thanks NR... maybe they have viewed the videos of amscot & the tow yard and have enough images (with date stamp - wishful thinking, fingers & toes crossed) to show that KC did, in fact, drive the car in all by herself and walked away and that nobody tampered with it.   

It is possible, right or am I living in a fantasy world?

No fantasy.  That may be why the SA waiting to put the DP back on the table.  They had to wait to see if they could recover the recordings and it has it all there to prove that there was no out of gas issue, that Casey acted alone and ditched the car all on her own and most importantly that no one snuck a body in there to give the dead body smell to frame Casey.
3babiesmommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1026 on: April 28, 2009, 09:02:42 PM »

Dumb Monkey question, please no nanners being thrown...

What is the significance of the Amscot photos?

It will show that KC delibritely left her car there, the fact that no one was with her, maybe her opening the trunk and putting garbage in the back. Any tracing of her will help.

Thanks Boo, I bet BJ's little interview on wesh was just his little attempt for damage control and for him to get to say out loud that he is an attorney

LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot like my sister as far as how we would react.
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1027 on: April 28, 2009, 09:05:09 PM »

She said that the car ran out of gas and "two guys" helped push the car into the parking space.  Where are these phantom guys?  These guys would have come forward early on, if this was true. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:50:52 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1028 on: April 28, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »

And thank you for sharing!!

Monkalicious, why not have something yummy to look at while dissecting this case? Elliot Stabler will see right through KC's pathetic claims, just like our real like Yuri!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
3babiesmommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1029 on: April 28, 2009, 09:05:54 PM »

I don't think so, I think she said her car ran out of gas and two guys helped to push it into the Amscot parking lot--she even said that she left a note on the car, if I remember it correctly.

Thanks Monkalicious, It is so hard to keep all of these stories straight.  The poor jury is going to have to have flow charts to keep all of this straight.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:51:22 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1030 on: April 28, 2009, 09:06:50 PM »

there is so much we have not seen,
the maggot/pupae results
the vegetation results
other interviews we have not heard
lots and lots of goodies still in their bag of tricks.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:52:46 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1031 on: April 28, 2009, 09:08:48 PM »

Casey Anthony case: State releases more documents; hearing set

Susan Jacobson | Sentinel Staff Writer
    11:31 PM EDT, April 23, 2009

Why would the defense just be picking up these documents? 
I  despise the putz.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1032 on: April 28, 2009, 09:08:52 PM »

Watching NG right now...I wish they would stop with those stupid graphics... Okay I have a question...

If these photos and/or video actually show KC driving into the Amscot parking lot wouldn't this be the nail in the coffin for KC? 

I despise the whole Ant clan and think sterilization would have been a wonderful thing some time back.  That being said unfortunately unless they have a video showing every second of that car from the time she left it till the tow guy got it Bobo has already laid the ground work that Jesse had a key to the car, Zanny the ghost had a key, anyone could have put it in there to frame PTA.  If the video shows no one near the car they can then claim that someone tampered with it at the tow yard.  I hate saying...but he will find some way to try to discredit it or to throw it out.
BUT it is Baez trying to discredit the evidence. Has he done anything since he got this case that has been worth a hill of beans?  Just sayin.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1033 on: April 28, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »

Husband insisting on watching the Cleveland Indians so I can't watch Nancy Grace's latest bombshell...Drrrrrr.....  So, what I'm getting is that there is video of the beast with two backs dumping the car at Amscot? I don't care how grainy this video is, do you think it is the proverbial nail in Casey's coffin? 

I thought there was no recording from Amscot. Thought they said that long ago. That it had been taped over.

monkalicious, there is a post I left for you here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg788627#msg788627
Brandi, you are such a star!! Thanks for fixing my "drunk monkey"!

You are very welcome!

Wink

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1034 on: April 28, 2009, 09:10:09 PM »

I  despise the putz.
The dumbazz is to busy talking to the media about his defense
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1035 on: April 28, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »

Does anyone know if the tow yard has video cameras?  Is that wishful thinking?
Yes early on in the case they said they had cameras but they tape onto a hard drive and the video overwrites very often as the ah rd drive was not very big.  It just may be that it has taken this long to get the ghost images from the drive as they have so much layering of information on it.  If nothing else I am sure they could recover some of the images if not all of the video.

Thanks NR... maybe they have viewed the videos of amscot & the tow yard and have enough images (with date stamp - wishful thinking, fingers & toes crossed) to show that KC did, in fact, drive the car in all by herself and walked away and that nobody tampered with it.   

It is possible, right or am I living in a fantasy world?

No fantasy.  That may be why the SA waiting to put the DP back on the table.  They had to wait to see if they could recover the recordings and it has it all there to prove that there was no out of gas issue, that Casey acted alone and ditched the car all on her own and most importantly that no one snuck a body in there to give the dead body smell to frame Casey.

OMGosh, I would so love for this to be true!!  So, if this is the smoking gun... is it normal to release it to the public BEFORE the trial? 

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1036 on: April 28, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »

^^^I don't think that Bozo did anything worthwhile before this case either...how did Casey Ho hook up with him anyhow?

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1037 on: April 28, 2009, 09:14:36 PM »

I  despise the putz.

Well snit.You're right.What was I thinking. 
See you in the morning.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1038 on: April 28, 2009, 09:15:43 PM »

Nite Trimm

I  despise the putz.

Well snit.You're right.What was I thinking. 
See you in the morning.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: April 28, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »

Trimm, have a good night 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.