April 23, 2024, 10:40:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #127 4/25/09 - 5/01/09  (Read 290835 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1200 on: April 29, 2009, 08:53:50 AM »

Klaas, Can you please send Scarlett my email address. I would be forever greatful. Thank you. Oh and Good morning when you wake up.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1201 on: April 29, 2009, 08:55:36 AM »

[/quote]

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1202 on: April 29, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »

Happy Birthday Boo Monkey -  Birthday wishes can be posted in the Monkey Lounge.

Here is the link:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4977.0

Please post Boo's birthday wishes there.

Edit to add thread link
Thanks Granma Monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1203 on: April 29, 2009, 09:02:27 AM »

Happy Birthday Boo Monkey -  Birthday wishes can be posted in the Monkey Lounge.

Here is the link:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4977.0

Please post Boo's birthday wishes there.

Edit to add thread link
Thanks Granma Monkey

Your welcome, and thanks to the mod for correcting my BOO BOO and  posting the link. 

Thank you for starting the thread and helping to keep Caylee's thread OT.  Besides, I think it's nice to gather all the b-day wishes up into a thread for Boo, so she can see them.  It's her birthday, her day to shine. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:06:51 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

mstam656
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1204 on: April 29, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »

Casey Anthony case: WESH explores 'ugly coping'
posted by halboedeker on Apr 28, 2009 11:53:12 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

How to explain Casey Anthony's behavior after her daughter disappeared?

WESH-Channel 2 tonight explored the issue of "ugly coping" -- or a defendant's not grieving in an appropriate way.

The record shows that Anthony partied, lied and waited a month to acknowledge that daughter Caylee  was missing. Anthony is charged with Caylee's murder.

In an interview with WESH, Jose Baez, Anthony's attorney, gave an oft-repeated line: "She has a very compelling reason for her actions."

That's all he was saying about his client. But Baez evidently sees a parallel in the case of a military wife who partied, purchased breast implants and slept around after her husband's death. Cynthia Sommer was charged with her husband's murder, but she was later freed after two years in jail.

"She lost her emotional compass. She went off the deep end," Sommer's attorney, Allen Bloom, said. "This is not an unusual phenomenon."

WESH reporter Bob Kealing recounted Sommer's story and then speculated: "Will Jose Baez use Cynthia Sommer, the case he told us about, to help him in the case against Casey? Can this notion of ugly coping be applied to Casey's partying, lying and apparent disinterest over the loss of little Caylee?"

WESH anchor Jim Payne followed that with another question: "By steering you to this case does Baez tip his hand?"

Then Kealing said that Baez's spokeswoman said the Sommer connection is "not an accurate representation of the defense strategy."

Kealing added, "We're not saying this is going to be his defense."

Which raises a question: Why was this report shown?

Oh, it's sweeps month.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/04/casey-anthony-case-wesh-explores-ugly-coping.html

I do not see how the "ugly coping" defense can work when the whole time slore was saying Caylee was with the nanny.  She would have to admit she knew Cayley was dead.  Up until Cayley's remains were found, slore insisted she was alive.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1205 on: April 29, 2009, 09:11:36 AM »

This is no where near the Summers case.  I read about that case and saw the Dateline episode.

Here is how it's different
1.  The smell of death in a car
2.  Not reporting your child as missing
3.  Imaginary people
4.  Forensic evidence
5.  Skank is a murdering slore

How can a mother feel behave this way. 

In my early teens, a good friend of mine was killed in a car accident.  Her mother grieved for years after her death.  She would have panic attacks when she went into a store.  It was sad and heartbreaking.  She would see one of us (her daughters friends) and begin to cry.  I just do not believe a mother would grieve the way skank has behaved.

BTW, BJ...Just as you are disputing the junk science of the Oakridge lab, you are citing a theory known as Ugly Grieving?  How can this be...where is the analytical research and studies done on this.  It is not in the DSM IV as a classifiable diagnosis, oh wait it is...It's called being a sociopath.  you should check into it, we all think your client is one.
Good post, and also wanted to note, how can he claim this psychological "phenominon" when he made it very clear previously that his client was in good mental condition and did not need to undergo any sort of testing or monitoring?  The DP attorney tried to get him to option for it, and JB came out with a resounding "no way"!
Why the back pettle?  No way it will work.  JMO

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: April 29, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »

Good morning Monkeys -- I am trying to figure out how you go with a PTSD defense without a mental health care expert.  This person would have to see her and visit her I would think.  JMO. 

I thought it was mentioned that she has seen the doctor in the jail several times. Maybe I'm mistaken. Not that she has had a full blown psych eval, but I bet JB has been feeding her on how to act and what to say to any doctor who questions her.

Casey did have a full psy eval very early on, it is sealed with the court, if Im not mistaken she has been seen by more than one psychiatrist/psychologist since her original arrest.  The defense is only making her guilt more obvious by throwing out mental health issues months later, Lenamon cited PTSD, postpartum or bi-polar disorder in his report along with a ton of other happy horsepoop, now Bozo is making a slight of hand mention of PTSD again.   So which is it?  Are they saying they are putting forward a defense that Casey was traumatized and that's why she conducted herself like a lying, stealing hoe BUT miraculously and with no medical treatment she recovered enough to actively participate in her defense?  Here's a question for the defense, if they were so convinced Casey was suffering a serious mental health issue why did they not insist that she be reprimanded to a criminal psy hospital for treatment?  IIRC we have not seen any records that the defense has sent their own doctors to see and/or evaluate their client.  If they are going to put together a "pie defense" and cut it into several pieces they are risking the obvious being transparent. 

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1207 on: April 29, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »

Oh My. Nancy Grace just said there is surviellence tape of Casey's car that might pin down when she dumped Caylee's little body. WTF!!

Here ya go...

Do No Evil 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1208 on: April 29, 2009, 09:14:07 AM »

Good morning!    Today''s gotta be doc dump day

Well so much for Bozo's latest stab at a defense for Casey!   Look at the Wesh2 poll results so far...bwahahaaa

Do you think the "ugly coping" defense could explain Casey Anthony's behavior after her daughter Caylee went missing?
Choice  Votes  Percentage of 236 Votes 
Yes 8 3%
No 220 93%
Maybe 8 3%
Thank you for participating in our survey.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19317898/detail.html

I wonder how Joy managed to wrangle up 7 friends to help her vote. 

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1209 on: April 29, 2009, 09:17:37 AM »

Good morning my dears. 

Sadly, I stayed up late to watch SVU. Ripped from the headlines. 

Good night!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose it was worth it to see Gail O'Grady's Cindy impression. 

What have I missed? Docs????

I remember you, Caylee.
3babiesmommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1210 on: April 29, 2009, 09:19:28 AM »

Good morning Monkeys -- I am trying to figure out how you go with a PTSD defense without a mental health care expert.  This person would have to see her and visit her I would think.  JMO. 

I thought it was mentioned that she has seen the doctor in the jail several times. Maybe I'm mistaken. Not that she has had a full blown psych eval, but I bet JB has been feeding her on how to act and what to say to any doctor who questions her.

I have done a great deal of PTSD research and treated PTSD clients.  I have never seen this type of behavior from PTSD.  Most clients will experience flashbacks and fall into a feeling of helplessness or some can become aggressive, maybe even violent.  People with PTSD have triggers that cause them to relieve the trauma (it can be a word, smell, place, or other things)  so all of those times she sat in court and listened to their description of Caylee's body she never reacted.  That is not possible for a PTSD victim.  Not to make light of this, but wouldn't she have gotten up on the table and started dancing?  BJ better thread very cautiously on this.  Florida State University has some world renowed experts on PTSD.

LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot like my sister as far as how we would react.
John Morgan: I can tell.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: April 29, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »

Casey did have a full psy eval very early on, it is sealed with the court, if Im not mistaken she has been seen by more than one psychiatrist/psychologist since her original arrest.  The defense is only making her guilt more obvious by throwing out mental health issues months later, Lenamon cited PTSD, postpartum or bi-polar disorder in his report along with a ton of other happy horsepoop, now Bozo is making a slight of hand mention of PTSD again.   So which is it?  Are they saying they are putting forward a defense that Casey was traumatized and that's why she conducted herself like a lying, stealing hoe BUT miraculously and with no medical treatment she recovered enough to actively participate in her defense?  Here's a question for the defense, if they were so convinced Casey was suffering a serious mental health issue why did they not insist that she be reprimanded to a criminal psy hospital for treatment?  IIRC we have not seen any records that the defense has sent their own doctors to see and/or evaluate their client.  If they are going to put together a "pie defense" and cut it into several pieces they are risking the obvious being transparent. 
ITA Cappy, and to my knowledge the only time she ever asked for any "medical/mental" treatment is the day they found poor Caylee's body and she asked for a sedative. If she were crazy, wouldn't they have her on daily medication like Zoloft?

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1212 on: April 29, 2009, 09:20:29 AM »

What the f is ugly coping??? Is that some equine dental term???

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1213 on: April 29, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »

ITA Cappy, and to my knowledge the only time she ever asked for any "medical/mental" treatment is the day they found poor Caylee's body and she asked for a sedative. If she were crazy, wouldn't they have her on daily medication like Zoloft?

They'd need something stronger than Zoloft. 

And I believe one of the docs on NG said sociopath is a personality disorder not a mental illness. Wonder how that would play out in court???

I don't think she's crazy. Just evil.

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1214 on: April 29, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »

oh yeah, you know Casey would have been all over Christopher Meloni. Let's be realistic people.

hubba hubba   

I remember you, Caylee.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1215 on: April 29, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »

Good morning my dears. 

Sadly, I stayed up late to watch SVU. Ripped from the headlines. 

Good night!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose it was worth it to see Gail O'Grady's Cindy impression. 

What have I missed? Docs????

Hey GNM 

Cindy wishes she look like that.
Maybe we will get some docs today.I emailed the news sites ......nothing back yet.
That one guy from last week I did hear from indicated it would be this week.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »

oh yeah, you know Casey would have been all over Christopher Meloni. Let's be realistic people.

hubba hubba   

Don't let Boo hear you say that. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1217 on: April 29, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »

So catching up from last night, I think that Boo might like Christophe Meloni, but its still just a hunch I am not 100% certain there.

I hope that Cindy and George were able to watch the Law & Order SVU episode from last night.  They had Gale O'Grady's character fit Cindy to a "T".  The way she belittled the George character was spot on!  Not that it will open Georges eyes at all, but he really should catch a clue and realize that this is how the world is viewing him.  Then ending I thought was fitting, where the detective asks the "Casey" character why she would have changed her mind and was now tormenting the Measles woman, the Casey character replied with "She will pay for what she did. My mother set me straight". 

Did anyone else notice that the baby doll found with the missing child was wearing a pink dress?  Reminded me of Caylee's baby doll.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1218 on: April 29, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{snip}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
They'd need something stronger than Zoloft. 

And I believe one of the docs on NG said sociopath is a personality disorder not a mental illness. Wonder how that would play out in court???

I don't think she's crazy. Just evil.

NG expert is not the only one that says that - you are not considered insane if you know right from wrong but decide to do the wrong thing anyway thinking the rules do not apply to you.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
3babiesmommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1219 on: April 29, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »

This is no where near the Summers case.  I read about that case and saw the Dateline episode.

Here is how it's different
1.  The smell of death in a car
2.  Not reporting your child as missing
3.  Imaginary people
4.  Forensic evidence
5.  Skank is a murdering slore

How can a mother feel behave this way. 

In my early teens, a good friend of mine was killed in a car accident.  Her mother grieved for years after her death.  She would have panic attacks when she went into a store.  It was sad and heartbreaking.  She would see one of us (her daughters friends) and begin to cry.  I just do not believe a mother would grieve the way skank has behaved.

BTW, BJ...Just as you are disputing the junk science of the Oakridge lab, you are citing a theory known as Ugly Grieving?  How can this be...where is the analytical research and studies done on this.  It is not in the DSM IV as a classifiable diagnosis, oh wait it is...It's called being a sociopath.  you should check into it, we all think your client is one.
Good post, and also wanted to note, how can he claim this psychological "phenominon" when he made it very clear previously that his client was in good mental condition and did not need to undergo any sort of testing or monitoring?  The DP attorney tried to get him to option for it, and JB came out with a resounding "no way"!
Why the back pettle?  No way it will work.  JMO
The walls are closing in on BJ.  He is scrambling. He can't leave one defense strategy behind and then decide to pick it up later.  It's proving our theory that he is an idiot.

LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot like my sister as far as how we would react.
John Morgan: I can tell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.