June 20, 2024, 08:51:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #128 5/01/09 - 5/06/09  (Read 238269 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1400 on: May 05, 2009, 09:54:21 AM »

I have a very serious question and thought.  I am really bothered by BJ taking this thing and making it about him.  The whole Hispanic thing and how skank can't get a fair trial so he needs to move this to a new area.  So, is BJ saying that Hispanics will favor him because he is defending a mother who murdered her child and the Hispanic community is more open to parents that murder?  He is also accusing news outlets of being racist.
Now we have ZG being attacked and accused of being a kidnapper.  Maybe even being accused of being a murderer.  Skank even said she could not tell anyone about this because she feared for her family.  Then there is the ZG in Puerto Rico that Dom Casey is watching (all the way from Satsuma).  This is another Hispanic person. 
I do not like where this is going.  They are accusing people of Hispanic ethnicity and assuming that the Hispanic community is more open to murder.

Could this be an issue for the ACLU?  Maybe I am being a dumb monkey but I do not like how he is saying don;t judge me because I am a Hispanic, but another Hispanic is being drug thru the mud.  JMO

He is full of chit. Personally, the fact the he is hispanic NEVER even crossed my mind.  He is trying to pull this stuff out of his arse because he has nothing else. He should be ashamed but I know he's not.

And I don't think ANY community is okay with child murders. 

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1401 on: May 05, 2009, 09:56:06 AM »

Lucinda ,I think it was Jacksonville.
Some of the panel members on news shows are saying the trial will be moved to Miami.

cue Miami Vice theme song 

Do people in Miami not watch the news??? This is NATIONAL news. I don't think it matters. Maybe he shoudl stay in Orlando -- better chance of getting a man who slept with Casey

Can you heard the crotch crickets chirping???

I remember you, Caylee.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1402 on: May 05, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »

Casey Anthony's lawyer wants trial moved to Miami-Dade
Citing an inordinate amount of media coverage, Casey Anthony's attorney is seeking a change of venue.
By AMY L. EDWARDS AND SARAH LUNDY

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony's defense attorney wants her trial moved to Miami-Dade County, according to a change of venue motion filed Monday afternoon.

Kissimmee lawyer Jose Baez stated that if Anthony's case remained in Orange County, her right to a fair trial and impartial jury ``will undoubtedly be violated.''

Anthony is charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, who disappeared last summer. Caylee's remains were not found until December in woods near the house where she lived with her mother and grandparents.

Casey Anthony has pleaded not guilty and claims Caylee was kidnapped by a baby sitter.

In the 17-page motion, Baez listed a slew of examples of news media reports on the case -- ranging from protesters staged outside the Anthony family home to audio files of law-enforcement interviews. It is the sheer volume of reporting on the case, combined with community reaction to the missing toddler, on which the defense is pinning its hopes for a venue change.

He gives examples of protesters standing outside the Anthonys' home holding signs. One said, ''Baby Killer,'' according to the motion. Another said, ``Angel Killer.''

'The protests caused Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary to ask the community to `calm down,' '' the motion states.

''The overwhelming majority of the media's coverage of this case has been negative for the defendant,'' Baez stated.

'As one local news station reported, its own reporter, Kathi Belich asked Casey Anthony, `Casey, why don't you care about Caylee? Why won't you say where your little girl is?' ''

He stated that local news outlets had ``shown a clear, pervasive inflammatory and prejudicial coverage of her case.

''In fact, few would disagree that Ms. Anthony's case may be the most publicized coverage of a criminal case in the history of our state,'' he wrote.

Baez stated local news stations continue to report ``on all aspects of this case and public opinion continues to be heated and negative towards Casey Marie Anthony.''

Baez cited a study by a broadcast monitoring service, which states that 14,235 stories that mentioned the Caylee Anthony case aired between July 15 and Nov. 18. Of those, about 46 percent were in the Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne area. About 24 percent were in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area.

He stated the study found the Miami-Fort Lauderdale market came in seventh, in terms of exposure to the story.

''Moving this trial to a location far enough away from the local media will not end the coverage, but it will have a chilling effect on the barrage of media coverage that a local trial will bring,'' Baez stated.

READERS COMMENTS:

mugsy wrote on 05/05/2009 06:44:05 AM:
Move the trial to a panhandle county. Why would anyone want to be tried in Dade County by twelve people who aren't smart enough to figure out how to get out of jury duty and most if not all can't understand the legalese BS so in the jury room they just flip a coin or they decide feel sorry for a defendant because one day in his life as a child he or she didn't get breakfast or if the child had breakfast he or she didn't get orange juice..Can you imagine this horrible child abuse. How dare they abuse a child by not giving them what they want......

stevenleonard wrote on 05/05/2009 05:06:56 AM:
Is this lawyer nuts? The media here is worse than in L.A. She would never get a fair trial here in Miami. A wise lawyer would consider Pahokee or Hamilton or some other city that is less likely to watch Nancy Grace on T.V.

Besides if she's found guilty here in Miami (God Forbid She Is), but if she is guilty, then that's the death penalty. We here in Miami don't play when it comes to cases like hers.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/story/1032415.html

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1403 on: May 05, 2009, 09:57:33 AM »

Ops.  Where are my manners?  Good morning monkeys! 

I've decided to email Kathi and congratulate her on the wonderful job she's been doing exposing Bozo, Ho, and the rest of the gang for what & who they really are.  Everybody needs a pat on the back once in awhile when they're doing such an exceptional job, such as Kathi.
Good for you, Golden.  I will do the same (as soon as some kind monkey gives me her e-mail address-not so subtle hinting happening)

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1404 on: May 05, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »

More depositions
scheduled today
Updated: Tuesday, 05 May 2009, 7:47 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 05 May 2009, 7:45 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony’s defense team is expected to depose two Orange County officers today.

Corrections Officer Tammy Uncer was working at the Orange County Jail when Casey Anthony was told that a child’s remains were found near her home. Those remains were later confirmed to be those of Anthony's 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Uncer’s deposition is scheduled for 10 a.m.

Deputy Phillip Graves is also expected to answer questions this afternoon at 1:30 p.m.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/050509anthony_depositions
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1405 on: May 05, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Local 6 investigative reporter Tony Pipitone traveled the state of Florida to find out if Casey Anthony, whose attorneys on Monday filed a change of venue motion, could get an impartial jury outside of Orange County.

Pipitone went from Palm Beach to Miami and Fort Lauderdale before headking to Tampa and Jacksonville, showing people a picture of Anthony and asking them if they recognized her.

Anthony, 23, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were discovered in December. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July.

In Palm Beach County, which has a population of 1.3 million people, the first person Pipitone approached knew immediately who Anthony was.

"That's that Casey girl," a woman said. "Yeah, I see her on TV all the time."

"Oh, that's one of the mothers, one of the ex mothers," a man said.

"Casey Anthony," another man replied. "I've seen her on the news."

"That's the woman -- her child, missing child," yet another person told Pipitone.

Most of the people seemed to know who Anthony was. But not everybody, as one man told Pipitone he had never seen her.

In Miami, which has a population of 2.4 million, she was less well known.

"Do you recognize this woman?" Pipitone asked.

"No," the man said.

"Have you ever heard of Casey Anthony?" Pipitone replied.

"No. No, sir," a couple said.

But Pipitone said most of the people he talked to in Miami knew who she was.

"That's the girl that killed her little daughter -- I hope that she didn't kill -- but apparently her (daughter's) bones were found," a man said.

"She's the one who killed her little girl, Caylee?" a woman asked.

Most of the residents of Fort Myers, which has a population of 600,000 in Lee County, who Pipitone talked to knew of Anthony.

"(She's) all over the news. It's the tot mom," a woman said.

"Sounds like you watch Nancy Grace," Pipitone said.

"Yeah," she replied.

"She's the one ... is it Caylee? The little girl?" a man said.

A person told Pipitone that Anthony killed her daughter.

In Tampa, with a population of 1.2 million, most people recognized Anthony from her picture, and the few who didn't seemed to remember after being told her name.

"That's the one who murdered, (who is) accused of murdering her little girl," a woman said.

"She's Caylee's mother, Caylee Anthony," a Tampa resident said.

And in Jacksonville, population of 850,000, most of the residents questioned by Pipitone also recognized Anthony from her picture.

"I'm slightly obsessed with her case," a woman said.

An experienced Miami death penalty attorney said just knowing Anthony from a picture is not enough to keep someone off a jury unless the potential juror has an opinion about what she did and whether she's guilty of the crime.

Anthony's defense wants to have her trial somewhere where details about the case, like perhaps whether Caylee's body was in the trunk of Anthony's car, that may not be put into evidence are not in the juror's heads.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19365404/detail.html

Do No Evil 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1406 on: May 05, 2009, 10:00:10 AM »

Guess Arizon does not want her either, they are starting to cover the case now as well!

Around the nation
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.05.2009
FLORIDA
Motion filed to move mom's murder trail
ORLANDO — The attorney for a Florida mother charged with killing her toddler daughter asked a judge Monday to move the trial to South Florida.
Jose Baez filed a motion for a change of venue. He told reporters that he didn't believe his client could get a fair trial in Orlando in central Florida due to the excessive local media coverage.
Casey Anthony is charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, who disappeared last summer. She has pleaded not guilty.

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/291515
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1407 on: May 05, 2009, 10:01:05 AM »

I've decided to email Kathi and congratulate her on the wonderful job she's been doing exposing Bozo, Ho, and the rest of the gang for what & who they really are.  Everybody needs a pat on the back once in awhile when they're doing such an exceptional job, such as Kathi.
Good for you, Golden.  I will do the same (as soon as some kind monkey gives me her e-mail address-not so subtle hinting happening)

kathi.belich@wftv.com

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1408 on: May 05, 2009, 10:01:33 AM »

Now wait just a hinky minute --- did Baez call a press sconference to tell us there are too many news stories about his girlfrie-- err client???   

Check this out.
WDBO Local News      
Casey Anthony's attorneys filing change of venue motion
By
Bob Hazen
@ May 4, 2009 7:25 AM Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBacks (0)

The attorneys for Casey Anthony will take the first step Monday toward moving the accused child killer's trial out of Orange County.

Anthony's defense will file a change of venue motion, according to spokeswoman Marti McKenzie. She sent the following email early Monday morning:
"Late this afternoon, Jose Baez will file a Motion for Change of Venue for the Casey Anthony trial. He will file this Motion and then answer media inquiries outside the courthouse. This Motion will not be widely available before it is filed; he will not provide a copy to the media at this time. There will be no individual interviews granted."

WDBO will be covering the filing. Check back for details.
Maybe Jacksonville will take them.  Isnt that the hospital ZG was in?

Zanny was SUPPOSED to be in the hospital in Tampa. Actually for a change in venue, Hillsboro County would be a good place. Close to Orange County, and plenty of hispanics to suit Bozo. What am I saying! There's plenty of hispanics in Orlando too! I'm trying to make sense out of this insanity, and it's still early.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1409 on: May 05, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »

Here you go :

kathi.belich@wftv.com
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1410 on: May 05, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »

I have a very serious question and thought.  I am really bothered by BJ taking this thing and making it about him.  The whole Hispanic thing and how skank can't get a fair trial so he needs to move this to a new area.  So, is BJ saying that Hispanics will favor him because he is defending a mother who murdered her child and the Hispanic community is more open to parents that murder?  He is also accusing news outlets of being racist.
Now we have ZG being attacked and accused of being a kidnapper.  Maybe even being accused of being a murderer.  Skank even said she could not tell anyone about this because she feared for her family.  Then there is the ZG in Puerto Rico that Dom Casey is watching (all the way from Satsuma).  This is another Hispanic person. 
I do not like where this is going.  They are accusing people of Hispanic ethnicity and assuming that the Hispanic community is more open to murder.

Could this be an issue for the ACLU?  Maybe I am being a dumb monkey but I do not like how he is saying don;t judge me because I am a Hispanic, but another Hispanic is being drug thru the mud.  JMO
No it is not just you, and I can't believe it took him this long to play the race card.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1411 on: May 05, 2009, 10:04:40 AM »

More depositions
scheduled today
Updated: Tuesday, 05 May 2009, 7:47 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 05 May 2009, 7:45 AM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony’s defense team is expected to depose two Orange County officers today.

Corrections Officer Tammy Uncer was working at the Orange County Jail when Casey Anthony was told that a child’s remains were found near her home. Those remains were later confirmed to be those of Anthony's 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Uncer’s deposition is scheduled for 10 a.m.

Deputy Phillip Graves is also expected to answer questions this afternoon at 1:30 p.m.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/050509anthony_depositions

And we are going to see those depos when????? Hello Bozo. It's time to get off the rest of them!!!  Does SA have to motion to compel for him to release his discovery to them??

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1412 on: May 05, 2009, 10:07:45 AM »

Some of the panel members on news shows are saying the trial will be moved to Miami.

cue Miami Vice theme song 

Do people in Miami not watch the news??? This is NATIONAL news. I don't think it matters. Maybe he shoudl stay in Orlando -- better chance of getting a man who slept with Casey

Can you heard the crotch crickets chirping???
  Monkey Devil! That's what I think about Miami Vice theme, and CSI Miami, one thing that I wasn't aware of was that Miami is a liberal area, per an article that was just posted. No wonder that is why Baez wants the trial moved to that area.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1413 on: May 05, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »

kathi.belich@wftv.com
Thanks, Golden!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1414 on: May 05, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »

Now wait just a hinky minute --- did Baez call a press sconference to tell us there are too many news stories about his girlfrie-- err client???   

Check this out.
WDBO Local News      
Casey Anthony's attorneys filing change of venue motion
By
Bob Hazen
@ May 4, 2009 7:25 AM Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBacks (0)

The attorneys for Casey Anthony will take the first step Monday toward moving the accused child killer's trial out of Orange County.

Anthony's defense will file a change of venue motion, according to spokeswoman Marti McKenzie. She sent the following email early Monday morning:
"Late this afternoon, Jose Baez will file a Motion for Change of Venue for the Casey Anthony trial. He will file this Motion and then answer media inquiries outside the courthouse. This Motion will not be widely available before it is filed; he will not provide a copy to the media at this time. There will be no individual interviews granted."

WDBO will be covering the filing. Check back for details.
Maybe Jacksonville will take them.  Isnt that the hospital ZG was in?

Zanny was SUPPOSED to be in the hospital in Tampa. Actually for a change in venue, Hillsboro County would be a good place. Close to Orange County, and plenty of hispanics to suit Bozo. What am I saying! There's plenty of hispanics in Orlando too! I'm trying to make sense out of this insanity, and it's still early.

You're right Fanny.I just went back and looked.They were supposed to be in Tampa.
After the alleged accident Raquel's mom was coming in from Jacksonville.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1415 on: May 05, 2009, 10:10:03 AM »

Casey Anthony Wants Murder Trial Moved
Tuesday May 5, 2009
 The attorney for the Orlando woman accused of the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, who was not reported missing for more than 30 days, has asked for a change of venue for her up-coming first-degree murder trial. Casey Anthony's lawyer has filed a motion asking for the trial to be moved to South Florida.

Casey is facing the death penalty if convicted of the murder of her daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony.

Citing the excessive local media coverage of the case since Caylee was first reported missing by her grandmother, Cindy Anthony, attorney Jose Baez requested the change of venue.

"The local coverage has been so constant and at times so inflammatory that members of the local community have already formed their opinions without even hearing one piece of evidence," Baez said. "This case has become deeply embedded in this community."

Media Coverage Not Just Local

But the media coverage of the sensational case has not been limited to the Orlando area. The case has become one of the most discussed on cable news television networks as well as on Internet blogs and forums.

The Caylee Anthony case has prompted more than 7,000 posts on the Crime and Punishment Forum located on this website.

Caylee was last seen in June 2008, but she was not reported missing until her grandmother, Cindy Anthony, called 9-1-1 in July, saying her granddaughter was missing and her daughter's car smelled like death.

Casey Anthony claimed Caylee was kidnapped by a nanny, but police immediately found holes in her story. She was arrested in October. Caylee's body was discovered by a meter reader in a wooded area near the Anthony home in December.

http://crime.about.com/b/2009/05/05/casey-anthony-wants-murder-trial-moved.htm
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1416 on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:37 AM »

Casey Anthony: WKMG finds that people know her around Florida
posted by halboedeker on May 5, 2009 9:33:15 AM
Discuss This: Comments (1) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
WKMG-Channel 6's Tony Pipitone hit the streets to ask people if they know Casey Anthony.

He went to Palm Beach, Miami, Fort Myers, Tampa and Jacksonville and showed photos of Anthony. The timely report aired as the Anthony defense team sought a change of venue, saying the young mother can't get a fair trial in Orlando.

Pipitone listed the populations of his various destinations and described Anthony as "an infamous young woman." He showed her mug shot and party photos. She is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.

Pipitone's basic question: Do you recognize this woman?

A Palm Beach woman: "Oh, that's that Casey girl. I see her on TV all the time."

A Miami-Dade man: "That's the girl who killed her little daughter."

A Miami-Dade woman: "Yeah, it's the one who killed her little girl -- Caylee."

A Fort Myers woman: "All over the news. The Tot Mom."  The woman said she watched Nancy Grace.

A Tampa woman: "That's the one accused of murdering her little girl."

Another Tampa woman: "Caylee's mother."

A Jacksonville woman: "That's Casey."

So is a change of venue such a good idea?

A Miami death penalty attorney -- who wasn't identified -- said knowing Anthony's identity wasn't enough to keep a person off the jury. Having an opinion about the case would keep someone off the jury, the man said. Sure would like to know that man's identity.

The report grabbed the attention, and Pipitone presented the riveting material simply. He put his findings in context.

"The defense does not want jurors who know details about the case," Pipitone said. "Counties with less coverage of the details would be very helpful to the defense."

Oh, and Pipitone slipped in a plug, too. He promised more details -- and follow-up questions -- when the report continues at 11 tonight.

I usually hate those drag-out-the-details ploys, but the report was so good that I want to see more.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/05/casey-anthony-wkmg-finds-that-people-know-her-around-florida.html
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1417 on: May 05, 2009, 10:13:11 AM »

thanks for answering me trim.  Miami  we will just get  Horatio Caine on the case 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1418 on: May 05, 2009, 10:17:41 AM »

Morning Monkeys!   

I'm betting Miami................... what do you guys think?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1419 on: May 05, 2009, 10:17:57 AM »

thanks for answering me trim.  Miami  we will just get  Horatio Caine on the case 
Gotta love Horatio Caine  Monkey Devil!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.