May 28, 2024, 07:37:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #39 5/02/09 - 5/15/09  (Read 208732 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2009, 02:49:44 PM »

The first one of those black snakes I ever saw was stretched up from concrete to window in my laundry room, poking at the window with its nose trying to get inside!  And window was over four feet off the ground.

Yes, they will go after your dogs, too!  The snake thinks its its perimeter as well.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2009, 02:52:57 PM »

Nonesuche - I was posting while you were too!!  I am so sorry for Big Red! I would have freaked out!!!!!   Just reading your post - has caused me anxiety - I can't imagine what you went through.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2009, 02:54:11 PM »

OH NO NONESUCHE!!  I have those too.  I thought the were harmless!! 

Dolce - your niece is beautiful.  Can I please have one of yours?  I don't think that is asking too much.  Do you?   

Isn't she gorgeous? Just imagine how pretty the twins will be !!

MyTime we had one of these terrorizing us last spring, hence the name Blackie was born, I posted about it here. That one was aggressive but Big Red didn't seem to be bothered by it? Not today though, he found that snake back behind a hedge and chased it down, the snake was flinging itself at the fence too trying to get out. But Red cornered it and I threw daughter the broom to pull him away but by that time he'd already been bitten. It all happened so fast so please watch your precious pups when they go outside. Those racers are pretty aggressive and do have a nasty bite too.

I continue to stand with the girl.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

OH NO NONESUCHE!!  I have those too.  I thought the were harmless!! 

Dolce - your niece is beautiful.  Can I please have one of yours?  I don't think that is asking too much.  Do you?   

Isn't she gorgeous? Just imagine how pretty the twins will be !!

MyTime we had one of these terrorizing us last spring, hence the name Blackie was born, I posted about it here. That one was aggressive but Big Red didn't seem to be bothered by it? Not today though, he found that snake back behind a hedge and chased it down, the snake was flinging itself at the fence too trying to get out. But Red cornered it and I threw daughter the broom to pull him away but by that time he'd already been bitten. It all happened so fast so please watch your precious pups when they go outside. Those racers are pretty aggressive and do have a nasty bite too.

We just thought they were harmelss garter (gardner snakes).  Since, I live on the water, I liked having them around to keep the rat, mice and mole population down. 

My daughter was sun tanning yesterday and she told me she looked up and there was a big black snake right there.  I told her "he won't bother you."   
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2009, 03:01:06 PM »

Congrats to Dolce and family on that beautiful baby!

Oldie I didn't know about those special effects and have paid for Webshots for years as used for work, lol.

NONESUCHE,

Is Big Red OK?  He can get abscess from non-poisonous snake bite as well and likely will have to take antibiotics!  Their mouths are pretty dirty from eating mice and such.

There are SO MANY websites that do various things with photos you can upload.

About the poor bitten doggie - I was just in the vet's office yesterday to get food for my Kitty and there was some English-accent millionaire probable rock star in there with his little boy and they were picking up their Rottweiler who'd been bitten on the snout by a rattlesnake. Rattlesnakes are VERY abundant in my area and especially as the weather warms up. The dog will be fine but he is taking antibiotics and they have to watch for signs of an abcess and infection.

I wish I could figure out who that guy was, though. It's nagging at me. He lives on the west (ocean) side of the 101 freeway and when I asked why couldn't he use that lining at the base of his fencing around his property that keeps snakes out he casually remarked his property was so huge it was impossible to have perfect fencing all around it. In this area, property that big belongs only to the very rich.

He looked a little too old to have a son that young (about 4) but that was definitely father and child and they even had the same style of cargo shorts and sandals (very cute, father and son outfits). Dang it, I wish I could recognize who that was. He had dirty-blondish colored hair in a longish scruffy over the collar length but not too long and he wears glasses but he's like me in that he was taking them off to see close up or talk to people.

I know that the guru of all gurus to a lot of very famous musicians from all genres, Albert Lee, has a home out here somewhere. It wasn't Albert Lee because I know him. But maybe one of his famous admirers?

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2009, 03:05:58 PM »

I forgot to mention that I live in the general hillside area on the landward side of the Santa Monica mountains from Malibu. Brush fire country.

This is a very mixed area in terms of people. You will get movie industry people and music biz people hanging out at the same places as just poor slobs like me and even homeless people. I see recognizable celebrities every now and then in the stores. Locals don't even look twice. They're just neighbors and mostly people are always in a hurry to get somewhere else.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »

MyTime those racers aren't typical black snakes, I had king black snakes in my yard when I lived in GA and never once did they bother me or our basset hound. The racers are skinny and they travel holding their heads up like a cobra too, they look slate gray in color with small skinny heads too. So maybe you don't have the racers like we do, I hope not !!! I did chase it with my hoe too, yes I know they eat mice, etc but I did not want him in my yard!! I'm not fast enough to catch it though, might need son to run a fast 40 to get it  I do think if Red had not cornered it that it wouldn't have struck him but not sure how I stop him from doing that? Even with the broom it was really hard to get him away from the snake.

oldiebutgoodie, I had the fencing company drive wire mesh into the base of the fenceline too but obviously there is a gap along that back and I'm going to find a fearless teen willing to earn some extra cash finding that opening for us. I'm not about to head back there myself, I'm just too afraid now.

It's too bad you didn't ask the rock star for his autograph! Then you'd know for sure who he is !

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2009, 03:08:54 PM »

Steven Speilberg once held the door open for me at the post office. I was biting my tongue so hard to stop myself from saying, "Mr. Speilberg, I wrote this screenplay..." but I was polite and smiled and kept walking. He was grinning. He knew I recognized him. LOL LOL LOL.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »

MyTime I just read your sig line 

I concur with CBB, YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOTFOUNDONLINE 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2009, 03:10:59 PM »

Steven Speilberg once held the door open for me at the post office. I was biting my tongue so hard to stop myself from saying, "Mr. Speilberg, I wrote this screenplay..." but I was polite and smiled and kept walking. He was grinning. He knew I recognized him. LOL LOL LOL.

How cool. I would have had to ask for an autograph ! He's such a remarkable man, you notice you also never hear of his kids running amuck and acting nutty either, which always impresses me about celebrities that they can raise good kids.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »

MyTime those racers aren't typical black snakes, I had king black snakes in my yard when I lived in GA and never once did they bother me or our basset hound. The racers are skinny and they travel holding their heads up like a cobra too, they look slate gray in color with small skinny heads too. So maybe you don't have the racers like we do, I hope not !!! I did chase it with my hoe too, yes I know they eat mice, etc but I did not want him in my yard!! I'm not fast enough to catch it though, might need son to run a fast 40 to get it  I do think if Red had not cornered it that it wouldn't have struck him but not sure how I stop him from doing that? Even with the broom it was really hard to get him away from the snake.

oldiebutgoodie, I had the fencing company drive wire mesh into the base of the fenceline too but obviously there is a gap along that back and I'm going to find a fearless teen willing to earn some extra cash finding that opening for us. I'm not about to head back there myself, I'm just too afraid now.

It's too bad you didn't ask the rock star for his autograph! Then you'd know for sure who he is !

OH OK, mine look more lazy....I think!     All I know is the rhyme
"Red on black, friend of Jack, red on yellow, kill a fellow"  and say it when I see a snake with red on it. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2009, 03:15:04 PM »

MyTime  I hope you have the lazy fat black snakes for sure

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2009, 03:15:51 PM »

I would have asked him.....after we are done here, do you think we could go car shopping? LOL 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/64bRPtG5UaQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/64bRPtG5UaQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

This is big Red hunting grubs earlier this spring 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »

I would have asked him.....after we are done here, do you think we could go car shopping? LOL 

ROFL !!!!!!!!!! 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2009, 03:18:01 PM »

That has been there for a while!! I am proud to display that I am NOT an Idiotfoundonline.   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/64bRPtG5UaQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/64bRPtG5UaQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Oh, that is too cute.  I bet he sleeps good at night!! 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #237 on: May 03, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »

That has been there for a while!! I am proud to display that I am NOT an Idiotfoundonline.   

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: May 03, 2009, 03:22:03 PM »

He does, he's really a very good pup. He was a rescue that my late hubby and my daughter met one day and had to bring home. We've never regretted it but he does snore! 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2009, 03:25:16 PM »

He does, he's really a very good pup. He was a rescue that my late hubby and my daughter met one day and had to bring home. We've never regretted it but he does snore! 

My 14 year old yorkie snores so loud too.  One night I pushed PT and told him to roll over. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.