March 29, 2024, 02:18:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Timothy Lawless - Melissa Huckaby Connection  (Read 888220 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2009, 12:37:48 AM »

May 11, 2007 10:43 pm US/Pacific
Oakland Man Gets 7 Years For Fatal Shooting
OAKLAND (BCN) ― 
Click to enlarge
 CBS News

1 of 1
Close

numSlides of totalImages  An Oakland man was sentenced Friday to seven years in state prison for a shooting incident more than six years ago that left one associate dead and another wounded.

Gary Lawless, 30, had faced a possible term of 50 years to life if he'd been convicted of murder and attempted murder charges for the incident in the 2400 block of East 23rd Street shortly before 11 p.m. on Dec. 4, 2000, that left 25-year-old Sirreginald Gardner dead and Robert Coleman wounded.

But prosecutor Chris Lamiero allowed Lawless to plead no contest to the lesser charge of voluntary manslaughter on April 13, three weeks after jurors deadlocked 6-6 on his fate following a lengthy trial that included the shooting of a key prosecution witness.

Jurors said they had problems with the credibility of witnesses both for the prosecution and the defense.

The attempted murder charge against Lawless was dropped in exchange for his plea.

Because Lawless has been in custody since July of 2003, he will only have to serve about two more years before he is eligible for parole.

Gardner's mother, Pamela McGloughlin, told Alameda County Superior Court Judge C. Don Clay in Friday's sentencing that a seven-year sentence "is not enough time for what he (Lawless) did to my son."

McLoughlin said her son "won't rest in peace until this is resolved" with a tougher sentence for Lawless.

But Clay said prosecutors agreed to a plea bargain and light sentence for Lawless because the jury deadlocked. He said he would go along with the agreement.

However, the judge told Lawless that he was involved in "a world of guns and violence and that's not acceptable."

Lecturing his courtroom, which was filled with people waiting for other cases, Clay said, "You young men and women have to stop playing with guns and take care of each other."

In his closing argument in March, Lamiero told jurors that the shooting was sparked by a turf war over a drug-selling spot and Lawless opened fire with an assault rifle in retaliation for an incident earlier that evening in which he and several associates were threatened at gunpoint by another group of young people.

Lamiero said Lawless and his associates left the site after the first encounter and returned with guns later that night.

He said Lawless sent Gardner and another man, Robert Coleman, ahead to scout the scene but became impatient after their car broke down and they failed to give him a report on who was at the corner.

Lamiero said Lawless "saw some targets of opportunity" and opened fire, hitting his own associates, Gardner and
Coleman.

Robert Coleman is the brother of Glynn Coleman, who also was involved in the incident.

Lawless admitted on the witness stand that he's a drug dealer and a convicted child molester but denied firing any shots that night.
In his closing argument, defense attorney William DuBois accused Lamiero of putting on an "ugly stepsister of a case and trying to squeeze it into Cinderella's shoe."

He said the prosecution's witnesses were unreliable and alleged, "This case is an example of the government reaching beyond the bounds of fairness."

Lawless testified that Glynn Coleman was the person who carried out the shooting, stating that he tried to talk Coleman out of it but Coleman insisted.

Leroy Coleman, a brother of Glynn Coleman and Robert Coleman, also testified that Glynn Coleman did the shooting.

But Lamiero told jurors not to believe Leroy Coleman, reminding them that Coleman is in state prison for two murders and alleging that "Leroy couldn't even get his story straight" about what happened that night.

Glynn Coleman was shot to death while sitting in his car in the 5100 block of Bancroft Avenue, near Cole Street, in Oakland about 11:30 p.m. on March 17, 2003. That case has never been solved, according to prosecutor Lamiero.

At about 5:45 p.m. on Jan. 16 of this year, two weeks after Lawless' trial began, prosecution witness Terence Smith was shot while sitting in a van at the Coliseum BART station in Oakland. Smith survived the shooting, but wasn't able to testify.

After Friday's hearing, McLoughlin said she thinks that Lawless "will kill again" after he's released from prison in a few years.

http://cbs5.com/local/oakland.fatal.shooting.2.455487.html
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2009, 01:05:43 AM »

That is interesting.  Sounds like some folks in Florida on another thread riding around looking for each other with guns. 

Welcome Doubledecker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1   Sorry I didn't welcome you earlier, I went right to work searching and sadly have so far come up empty.

Good nite all who are leaving.  I'm going to stay awhile longer and search.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2009, 01:06:17 AM »

OAKLAND (BCN) ― 
Click to enlarge
 CBS News

1 of 1
Close

numSlides of totalImages  An Oakland man was sentenced Friday to seven years in state prison for a shooting incident more than six years ago that left one associate dead and another wounded.

Gary Lawless, 30, had faced a possible term of 50 years to life if he'd been convicted of murder and attempted murder charges for the incident in the 2400 block of East 23rd Street shortly before 11 p.m. on Dec. 4, 2000, that left 25-year-old Sirreginald Gardner dead and Robert Coleman wounded.

But prosecutor Chris Lamiero allowed Lawless to plead no contest to the lesser charge of voluntary manslaughter on April 13, three weeks after jurors deadlocked 6-6 on his fate following a lengthy trial that included the shooting of a key prosecution witness.

Jurors said they had problems with the credibility of witnesses both for the prosecution and the defense.

The attempted murder charge against Lawless was dropped in exchange for his plea.

Because Lawless has been in custody since July of 2003, he will only have to serve about two more years before he is eligible for parole.

Gardner's mother, Pamela McGloughlin, told Alameda County Superior Court Judge C. Don Clay in Friday's sentencing that a seven-year sentence "is not enough time for what he (Lawless) did to my son."

McLoughlin said her son "won't rest in peace until this is resolved" with a tougher sentence for Lawless.

But Clay said prosecutors agreed to a plea bargain and light sentence for Lawless because the jury deadlocked. He said he would go along with the agreement.

However, the judge told Lawless that he was involved in "a world of guns and violence and that's not acceptable."

Lecturing his courtroom, which was filled with people waiting for other cases, Clay said, "You young men and women have to stop playing with guns and take care of each other."

In his closing argument in March, Lamiero told jurors that the shooting was sparked by a turf war over a drug-selling spot and Lawless opened fire with an assault rifle in retaliation for an incident earlier that evening in which he and several associates were threatened at gunpoint by another group of young people.

Lamiero said Lawless and his associates left the site after the first encounter and returned with guns later that night.

He said Lawless sent Gardner and another man, Robert Coleman, ahead to scout the scene but became impatient after their car broke down and they failed to give him a report on who was at the corner.

Lamiero said Lawless "saw some targets of opportunity" and opened fire, hitting his own associates, Gardner and
Coleman.

Robert Coleman is the brother of Glynn Coleman, who also was involved in the incident.

Lawless admitted on the witness stand that he's a drug dealer and a convicted child molester but denied firing any shots that night.
In his closing argument, defense attorney William DuBois accused Lamiero of putting on an "ugly stepsister of a case and trying to squeeze it into Cinderella's shoe."

He said the prosecution's witnesses were unreliable and alleged, "This case is an example of the government reaching beyond the bounds of fairness."

Lawless testified that Glynn Coleman was the person who carried out the shooting, stating that he tried to talk Coleman out of it but Coleman insisted.

Leroy Coleman, a brother of Glynn Coleman and Robert Coleman, also testified that Glynn Coleman did the shooting.

But Lamiero told jurors not to believe Leroy Coleman, reminding them that Coleman is in state prison for two murders and alleging that "Leroy couldn't even get his story straight" about what happened that night.

Glynn Coleman was shot to death while sitting in his car in the 5100 block of Bancroft Avenue, near Cole Street, in Oakland about 11:30 p.m. on March 17, 2003. That case has never been solved, according to prosecutor Lamiero.

At about 5:45 p.m. on Jan. 16 of this year, two weeks after Lawless' trial began, prosecution witness Terence Smith was shot while sitting in a van at the Coliseum BART station in Oakland. Smith survived the shooting, but wasn't able to testify.

After Friday's hearing, McLoughlin said she thinks that Lawless "will kill again" after he's released from prison in a few years.

hmmm so he was 30 in 2007, so would be 32 now... so I wonder if he is the one who was in the butte county jail?  sex offender, been in custody since july 2003, drug user .  and the butte court said he might be in the alameda jail. 

if this is him he is not the father, or the gary d lawless the brother of timothy as timothy's brother was born 1968 which would make him 41 now, not 32. 

I wonder if there could be a mistake in the paper on his age? hmmm

well tired now, but will look at this more tomorrow. 

if this guy was in jail inn 2007 and had a couple more years to do, did he just get out?
this article is may 11 2007, he might have just got out. 

could he be a step brother? who was born to the father gary d lawless after he divorced timothy's mother.  that would make him younger than the other boys... but would he have another son with the same name?

I don't know, will think about this tomorrow. 

I wish they would put the birthdates on the butte county court records, would certainly help ugh

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2009, 01:08:23 AM »

I just finished checking both vinenet and kasper for inmates with the name of Lawless in california and Oklahoma.  Nothing for gary or duane
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2009, 01:10:32 AM »

OAKLAND (BCN) ― 
Click to enlarge
 CBS News

1 of 1
Close

Coleman.

hmmm so he was 30 in 2007, so would be 32 now... so I wonder if he is the one who was in the butte county jail?  sex offender, been in custody since july 2003, drug user .  and the butte court said he might be in the alameda jail. 

if this is him he is not the father, or the gary d lawless the brother of timothy as timothy's brother was born 1968 which would make him 41 now, not 32. 

if this guy was in jail inn 2007 and had a couple more years to do, did he just get out?

could he be a step brother? who was born to the father gary d lawless after he divorced timothy's mother.  that would make him younger than the other boys... but would he have another son with the same name?

I wish they would put the birthdates on the butte county court records, would certainly help ugh

my gut tells me this is the sex offender that has not registered but I have no proof,
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2009, 01:12:18 AM »

That is interesting.  Sounds like some folks in Florida on another thread riding around looking for each other with guns. 

Welcome Doubledecker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1   Sorry I didn't welcome you earlier, I went right to work searching and sadly have so far come up empty.

Good nite all who are leaving.  I'm going to stay awhile longer and search.

Yes I was thinking the same thing.  lol
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2009, 01:33:12 AM »

OAKLAND (BCN) ― 
Click to enlarge
 CBS News

1 of 1
Close

Coleman.

my gut tells me this is the sex offender that has not registered but I have no proof,

I think so also... and I looked up the gary lawless who might have lived in oakland and it might be the one with katherine M lawless/nee robinson listed with a gary lawless and a jermaine lawless 27.  I'm too tired now to be able to remember which line this connects to.. I will work on this more tomorrow. 

I think this is the one listed with the 89 year old lawless. 

will look it all up tomorrow and sort all through it again. 

this guy could be out of jail now.  so I wonder where he is, paroled to oakland?  or did he parole elsewhere?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2009, 01:44:28 AM »

WOW!!!
You Monkeys have been VERY busy today!!!

With fresh eyes and a morning cup of coffee, I will read this thread more thoroughly!...
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2009, 01:47:21 AM »

Good Morning  Lonemonkey!!!!  I just made a fresh pot of coffee and may stay up all nite !!
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2009, 01:54:42 AM »

Doubledecker,

I found a Timothy A Lawless with Melissa Lawless as relative on Intellius

Timothy A Lawless
View Details
 43  Peoria, IL
Crystal Lake, IL
Metamora, IL         
Timothy A Lawless
Melissa Lawless
Jane E Lawless 

So I googled Timothy A Lawless and got a link to Kidsafe org.

http://www.ksrc.us/Leagues/asp/listn2.asp

If you scroll down to Timothy A Lawless it shows him a Deacon and unknown for the team he will coach or whatever.  Anyway I'm wondering if he gave false info to try to pass a background check so he could get involved with kids.???? 

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2009, 02:08:08 AM »

This is me...
I've been up 5 and will be up again at the same dog gone time!
I can't wait to dig into this with you Monkeys in the morning!
G'Night All
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2009, 02:17:44 AM »

Godnite Lonemonkey!!!

You look really, really tired.  Have a good rest!
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2009, 02:20:25 AM »

Link to the Church that Connie Lawless family operates
Salinas, California
http://www.alisalbaptistchurch.org/
--------------------------
St. Mary of the Nativity Catholic Church in Salinas is less than a Block from Alisal Baptist Church - I mapped it ... says less than 1 min by car ...

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/AbuseTracker/print.html
CALIFORNIA
Monterey Herald
By CLARE MOUNTEER
Guest commentary
Updated: 04/26/2009 01:36:01 AM PDT
It is not surprising that the public is shocked and confused by recent high-profile charges leveled against Melissa Huckaby, accused of the rape and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, and in our own community by sexual assault charges against the Rev. Antonio Cortes and Dr. Carl Bergstrom.

We like to think that young mothers, priests and doctors are some of the most trustworthy people in society when it comes to our personal safety. Some, like the parishioners of St. Mary's, where Cortes has been their priest, find it not just unthinkable, but unbelievable that a man who has been so helpful to so many could ever sexually violate a young boy. And there is comfort in that belief. To believe differently makes us afraid to trust anyone and makes us all vulnerable.

Although these cases have yet to be adjudicated, they do illustrate the unfortunate truth that anyone can be accused of being a perpetrator of sexual violence, and that anyone can be a victim. In these cases, two of the alleged victims are children, and one is a male. In all three cases, the victims and alleged perpetrators were known to each other.
----------
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2009/03_04/2009_04_21_Zamudio_SalinasPriests.htm

snipped:

Four hours after the court hearing, parishioners gathered at the east Salinas church to pray. About 60 people recited a rosary for Cortes. Some parishioners said they plan to hold prayer sessions every day at 5:30 p.m. until Cortes' legal troubles are over.

"We are willing to do anything to get him out of [jail]," Bravo said. 

Bail for Cortes is $750,000, but Hernandez said he plans to ask the judge to reduce it to $50,000. It is unclear who will pay for Cortes' legal defense or bail. The Diocese of Monterey County will not pay for a defense attorney or bail, said Warren Hoy, spokesman for the diocese.Hoy said Cortes received a small stipend while he worked for two years at St. Mary's, a church of roughly 5,000 parishioners.
Cortes has been the head priest at St. Mary's since June 2007 and has been with the diocese for about 12 years, including churches in Gonzales, Greenfield and Soledad, Hoy said. Cortes, 41, originally met the victim, a church member, when the boy was 14. Then, in February, Cortes gave him alcohol and began molesting him, prosecutors said. On April 14, the priest allegedly sodomized the boy, now 16.
The Salinas Police Department is investigating the case and trying to determine if there are any other victims.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2009, 02:22:57 AM »

Godnite Lonemonkey!!!

You look really, really tired.  Have a good rest!

Should have been 'Goodnite Lonemonkey!!!'
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2009, 02:26:37 AM »

Link to the Church that Connie Lawless family operates
Salinas, California
http://www.alisalbaptistchurch.org/
--------------------------
St. Mary of the Nativity Catholic Church in Salinas is less than a Block from Alisal Baptist Church - I mapped it ... says less than 1 min by car ...

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/AbuseTracker/print.html
CALIFORNIA
Monterey Herald
By CLARE MOUNTEER
Guest commentary
Updated: 04/26/2009 01:36:01 AM PDT
It is not surprising that the public is shocked and confused by recent high-profile charges leveled against Melissa Huckaby, accused of the rape and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, and in our own community by sexual assault charges against the Rev. Antonio Cortes and Dr. Carl Bergstrom.

We like to think that young mothers, priests and doctors are some of the most trustworthy people in society when it comes to our personal safety. Some, like the parishioners of St. Mary's, where Cortes has been their priest, find it not just unthinkable, but unbelievable that a man who has been so helpful to so many could ever sexually violate a young boy. And there is comfort in that belief. To believe differently makes us afraid to trust anyone and makes us all vulnerable.

Although these cases have yet to be adjudicated, they do illustrate the unfortunate truth that anyone can be accused of being a perpetrator of sexual violence, and that anyone can be a victim. In these cases, two of the alleged victims are children, and one is a male. In all three cases, the victims and alleged perpetrators were known to each other.
----------
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2009/03_04/2009_04_21_Zamudio_SalinasPriests.htm

snipped:

Four hours after the court hearing, parishioners gathered at the east Salinas church to pray. About 60 people recited a rosary for Cortes. Some parishioners said they plan to hold prayer sessions every day at 5:30 p.m. until Cortes' legal troubles are over.

"We are willing to do anything to get him out of [jail]," Bravo said. 

Bail for Cortes is $750,000, but Hernandez said he plans to ask the judge to reduce it to $50,000. It is unclear who will pay for Cortes' legal defense or bail. The Diocese of Monterey County will not pay for a defense attorney or bail, said Warren Hoy, spokesman for the diocese.Hoy said Cortes received a small stipend while he worked for two years at St. Mary's, a church of roughly 5,000 parishioners.
Cortes has been the head priest at St. Mary's since June 2007 and has been with the diocese for about 12 years, including churches in Gonzales, Greenfield and Soledad, Hoy said. Cortes, 41, originally met the victim, a church member, when the boy was 14. Then, in February, Cortes gave him alcohol and began molesting him, prosecutors said. On April 14, the priest allegedly sodomized the boy, now 16.
The Salinas Police Department is investigating the case and trying to determine if there are any other victims.

It must be true that some people wouldn't know evil if it walked up and slapped them in the face.  So sad...   
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2009, 08:19:29 AM »

Oklahoma cancelled business registrations:

3500673354 GARY D. LAWLESS MINISTRIES, L.L.C. 4245050001 Cancelled 7/1/2005

hmmm can you get any more info on this person... is there a filing of DBA or something with his birthdate or an address we can punch in?

GOOD MORNING AGAIN FROM THE EAST COAST!  We're getting closer, monkeys, much, much, closer:

LAWLESS, GARY D
(DOB: 07/1932)
 (Age: 76) 

2100 N UNION ST APT
PONCA CITY, OK 74601-1534
KAY COUNTY
(05/1995-01/1996)

I'll hunt some more. . .

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2009, 08:21:20 AM »

By the way, not to complicate matters any further, but I ran an associated persons search for 6320 E 3rd Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and came up with a Gary, but his last name was spelled LOLLIS, not Lawless.  Is this another wrinkle?  Has anyone else seen that spelling?

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2009, 08:27:56 AM »

More on Gary D. Lawless from Oklahoma. Note the Kansas connection. I located this information by running a Historical Person Locator report on the Gary D. Lawless who lived at the Oklahoma address I posted above.

Historical Person Locator
This data is for informational purposes only.   

Finder Information
Name:   LAWLESS, GARY D
Address:   821 APACHE DR
WICHITA, KS 67207-2119
SEDGWICK COUNTY
Phone:   316-Edit-No phone numbers please
Date of Birth:   07/1932

Finder Information
Address:   5028-2 E FUNSTON ST APT 2
WICHITA, KS 67218-4361
SEDGWICK COUNTY
Phone:   316-Edit-No phone numbers please

Finder Information
Address:   2100 N UNION ST APT
PONCA CITY, OK 74601-1534
KAY COUNTY

Finder Information
Address:   RR 2 BOX 195
BELLE PLAINE, KS 67013
SUMNER COUNTY
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:38:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2009, 08:34:22 AM »

GARY D. LAWLESS MINISTRIES, L.L.C.

Entity Type
Domestic Limited Liability Company

Filing Number

GARY D LAWLESS
6320 E 3RD
TULSA, OK 74112

Name Type
Legal

at this address
6320 E 3RD
TULSA, OK 74112

Possible Relatives:

LOLLIS, GARY DON (Age 54)
LOLLIS, LINDA
LOLLIS, DONNY D (Age 35)
LOLLIS, MICHAEL D (Age 35)
LOLLIS, MICHELLE JANIECE (Age 28)

Sorry if I missed it , but have we checked this address?
Gary D Lawless Age: 65+
3080 S Yale St
Wichita, KS 67210-1426

I did an historical address report on that addy.  No reports of any "lawless" or "lollis" having ever lived there.  Let me know if you want to see the report anyway, and I'll post it.  It's about 17 persons long.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2009, 08:42:54 AM »

I have no idea if this is connected, but I thought it might be worth investigating.  I found it while searching for Oklahoma corporations associated with the name "Lawless."

LANE LAWLESS  INCORPORATOR   
Domestic For Profit Business Corporation 

Registered Agent - LAWLESS LANE
5010 S 167TH E AVE
TULSA, OK 74134   

I'm going to check out that address . . .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.