April 27, 2024, 01:50:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #540 11/1 - 11/5/2006  (Read 116392 times)
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Scared Monkeys Radio.  

I have an idea for a guest.  Two ideas.  

1.  R. Stephanie Goode, co-author of Dave's book, who has worked with the FBI on internet predators, according to her bio.  

2.  Find a level-headed US expat living in Aruba who can give us an idea of the cultural differences from an ordinary citizen's perspective as well as talk about how this case, Beth and the US media are viewed there.  If it's a business person who doesn't want to give their real name on the air, I'm sure Red and Dana would agree to it.

I have spoken to Stephanie several times about being a guest on my show, she is welcome any time. Maybe an email or two from those of you might help convince her. There must be a email link on her page ?
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2006, 04:38:51 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Klaas
I use Outlook.  The problem is this...I am not sending emails to any of these addys.  It is just sending me this stuf with these "undeliverable " messages attached to them and I don't even know who these addys are for. I get all my email and this junk also.  It is awful.  I get at least 50 or more everytime I check my mail.  I need major help here.

I suspicion this is your problem:

Why I am not sending you Viruses
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2006, 04:41:43 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"
Scared Monkeys Radio.  

1.  R. Stephanie Goode, co-author of Dave's book, who has worked with the FBI on internet predators, according to her bio.  

2.  Find a level-headed US expat living in Aruba who can give us an idea of the cultural differences from an ordinary citizen's perspective as well as talk about how this case, Beth and the US media are viewed there.  If it's a business person who doesn't want to give their real name on the air, I'm sure Red and Dana would agree to it.

I have spoken to Stephanie several times about being a guest on my show, she is welcome any time. Maybe an email or two from those of you might help convince her. There must be a email link on her page ?

I'll see if the old addy I have for her is still good.  I'll also e-mail a monkey friend of hers.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2006, 04:48:22 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Four French Nationals Convicted of Beating Two gay American Tourists in St Maarten

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/11/03/four-french-nationals-convicted-of-beating-two-gay-american-tourists-in-st-maarten/

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: November 03, 2006, 05:07:12 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Four French Nationals Convicted of Beating Two gay American Tourists in St Maarten

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/11/03/four-french-nationals-convicted-of-beating-two-gay-american-tourists-in-st-maarten/

I saw that.   Mad  I also remember a news story a few months ago - on my local nightly news - about a man from the US vacationing in St. John's who came out of a bar, was confronted with some local boys and ended up in the hospital.  Bad enough, but the police then said that this man from the US was "drunk and looking for trouble."  Unless he was drunk enough to physically threaten a group of young men - death-defyingly dumb - the fault lies with the perps.  I'm beginning to think that these islands all have a degree of disdain for their tourists and will turn the tables on any victim.  Nuking them might be a bit extreme (except for Aruba), but I think we need to be alert for these things and shout from the rooftops that we're not going to sit idly by letting these small (often times corrupt) governments treat their tourists that way - especially if they are American.  I feel as thought we need to take some bleach and detergent and start scrubbing the entire Carribean.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: November 03, 2006, 05:20:35 PM »

Got to do a few things, get some exercise, have dinner, watch the Bulls game and check in later.  I'm always hoping there will be some news, but if not, maybe someone could bring snacks.   Wink  Very Happy

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: November 03, 2006, 05:22:04 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

The people of St. Maarten should also ask whether the sentence sends the clear message that if you wrongly attack visitors, the punishment for endangering the island’s lifeblood will be steep,” Jefferson said. “Also, does today’s sentence soothe the anxiety of visitors who now worry if they will be treated fairly should they become a victim of a crime?”

There are some words that Aruba best heed as well ... this is exactly the same reason why people do not presently go there. Not so much a crime issue per se ... its if one becomes a victim of a crime they know how they will be treated ala Natalee and her parents.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2006, 05:37:53 PM »

NJ Mom, Peaches, & msmarple:

Thanks so much for locating Natalee's anti-biotic info!!!!

Red: That's it in a nutshell.  Who wants to travel to a place where there is no law & order ?
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »

Shiz:

If you see this, I saw you inquiring about Charles Croes' interviews and you not seeing something you were trying to verify contained therein...The FOX interview that Greta did with him early on in the case was so HEAVILY edited...that much case info was held back.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: November 03, 2006, 05:50:24 PM »

Lalas,

I think I've experienced the same problem you have a couple of times.  In BOTH instances it was not ME who had the virus - it was someone ELSE whose computer had picked up a bunch of addresses , including mine off of emails and was forwarding to everyone.

Run a scan and if you don't have a virus then it is really someone else's problem and not yours.  Not sure if you can block all of the returned mail messages - guess it depends on your software.

That is why it is so important to DELETE the email addies when forwarding emails on and to use the BCC (blind copy) function... that way you aren't sending the "bad guys" other people's email addresses.

Hope this makes sense!
Grande
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #410 on: November 03, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »

Evening all !  Grande reporting for duty...  Just returned from FLORIDA.

Were one day closer to parlaying our collective efforts into JUSTICE being served.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: November 03, 2006, 06:08:39 PM »

Quote from: "Grande"

Plainview?  Laughing
kuoka
Scared Monkey

« Reply #412 on: November 03, 2006, 06:41:46 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Good Morning Monkeys.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I have an O/T request....please....my email is messed up really bad...for some reason it just keeps sending my this junk stuff saying "returned mail undeliverable"  what is going on?  Do I have a virus?  I have run every single virus scan and security program I have.  Would some really, really, smart computer savvy monkeys please help me fix this.  Oh, please, please....TIA

Lala's, if you're not sending emails, you could have a Trojan (as opposed to a worm) but it's odd that your Antivirus isn't catching it. Take a look at this site..

http://antivirus.about.com/od/virusdescriptions/a/TrojBagleDlL.htm

I hope this helps.

They say don't talk about someone unless you walk a mile in their shoes. But if you do, at least you'll be ahead of them AND have their shoes! Smile
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: November 03, 2006, 07:02:54 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"
Shiz:

If you see this, I saw you inquiring about Charles Croes' interviews and you not seeing something you were trying to verify contained therein...The FOX interview that Greta did with him early on in the case was so HEAVILY edited...that much case info was held back.

I meant to say " inquiring over on BFN about  Charles Croes, etc..." Cool
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: November 03, 2006, 07:21:28 PM »

Anyone heard from Tyler? She went into the hospital last Friday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: November 03, 2006, 07:24:56 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Anyone heard from Tyler? She went into the hospital last Friday.

Anna posted this the day before yesterday:
Tyler is home and resting comfortably with care from her family. I am sure she will be back posting soon
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: November 03, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »

Ok spill............................
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: November 03, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"
Scared Monkeys Radio.  

I would like to hear from the DEA agent who was there right at the beginning. Whether he was on duty or not. I know his name, don't want to put it here. Think it will happen ? That we will ever hear one peep from any of those FBI / DEA guys who were there ?
I would also like to hear from Art Wood again.
Grande
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #418 on: November 03, 2006, 07:56:22 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

LOL nothing further to add at this point.

Were one day closer to parlaying our collective efforts into JUSTICE being served.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: November 03, 2006, 08:00:49 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

LOL nothing further to add at this point.

OK well then how was the weather  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.