April 27, 2024, 12:07:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #540 11/1 - 11/5/2006  (Read 116375 times)
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: November 04, 2006, 12:32:17 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
ty Grand 4 d link......wasn't there a pic tho??
Klass??  how are u??
tylergal sorry u had 2 have surgery....take it easy...

i just asked MJ to send me $$$ so i could go to aruba...

then..oh...they r paying people to visit now aren't they?? Shocked

ROFLMAO  Laughing  Good luck with that, lol  Laughing

right......maybe a happy meal??

Is it me or are there no people on the beach in Arubas new tourism ad?

Promoting it as a desolate island???   LOL

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: November 04, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »

Shizaru - what you posted is not a poster, just an article in the paper, IMO
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: November 04, 2006, 12:42:08 PM »

Klass??  how are u??

ROFLMAO  Laughing  Good luck with that, lol  Laughing

Yes, please go to Aruba. We will supply you with your instructions, if you
choose to accept the mission. Cool  Cool  You can start to buy the equipment now.
 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

I am glad that SF is having this done soon. There are some dangers of having it done UNsoon.. I wil be thinking of her.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: November 04, 2006, 12:42:42 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Quote from: "NM"
or,  sorry for this......
she can party all night and catch a disco-nap if needed at one of the many, fine crackhouses available.

LOL...I didn't know how to spin a crackhouse into my post. Laughing  Laughing

WOW.   The Queen has lost her freakin mind...lol

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #584 on: November 04, 2006, 12:44:39 PM »

Coudl be, but then what was Beth talking about when she said the wording was changed from missing to kidnapped?  It looks like the "missing" posters actually came after kidnapped.  Maybe she just remembered wrong.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #585 on: November 04, 2006, 12:44:52 PM »

Quote form LilPuma
I think it's hard to separate crime and politics in Aruba..
I though it was truth from fiction...
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #586 on: November 04, 2006, 12:45:17 PM »

SHIZARU-----

Arrow Great job on the time line Wink

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: November 04, 2006, 12:47:17 PM »

We'd done it twenty times before and nothing bad happened. . . .

You'd be surprised at how easy it was that night. . . . . .

------

Nov 4, 6:51 AM EST

Pa. man accused of raping online dates

By MARYCLAIRE DALE
Associated Press Writer

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- He was an online dater's dream: Tall, clean-cut, with a fashionable address and a taste for upscale bars and restaurants. He said he was a doctor, an astronaut, a spy - though he was really an on-and-off nursing student. With woman after woman, he would slip something in their drinks and then rape them, police say.

Jeffrey J. Marsalis, 33, of Philadelphia, is facing trial on nine rape counts involving eight women, while a 10th charge is pending in Sun Valley, Idaho. He met most of the victims here through a popular online dating site, authorities said.

In court this week during Marsalis' preliminary hearing, the women told strikingly similar stories of meeting the smooth-talking Marsalis between 2003 and 2005, then feeling unusually intoxicated after returning from the bathroom or letting him buy a round from the bar.

They said they woke up hours later, back at his apartment - groggy, sometimes undressed - after an apparent sexual encounter or even in the middle of intercourse.

"It was like waking up from surgery," one woman said. "My body was there, and I could see what was going on around me, but I couldn't move."

Marsalis' lawyer says the women simply regret being duped about his accomplishments and dumped after consensual sex.

"Some of this may be buyer's remorse," defense lawyer Kathleen E. Martin said Thursday.

None of the Philadelphia victims - most of them well-educated professionals - went to police or a hospital afterward, Martin pointed out. Instead, police sought the women out after they seized Marsalis' computer as part of an earlier case.

Marsalis was acquitted of three similar assaults at a trial in Philadelphia in January. Before he could leave the courtroom, however, he was handcuffed by police and accused of the new charges. A judge later denied bail.

One of the women who testified this week said Marsalis posed as a doctor. When he visited her at a hospital he had a stethoscope around his neck and checked her chart, she said.

"This guy is not shy. He's confident. He's plotting," said Capt. John Darby, head of the city's sex crimes unit. "He showed IDs to a lot of these women supporting the various roles, positions that he seemingly held. He really put on a hell of a show."

Prosecutors say it's difficult to prove the use of date-rape drugs, because they metabolize before victims are alert enough to get a drug screen. A jury could still find him guilty of rape if it decides the women were too impaired to consent to sex.

The woman in the Idaho case says she was raped in October 2005. She went to the hospital the next day. There is a gag order in the case, but Sun Valley police said in a news release that she experienced symptoms "consistent with having ingested a date-rape-type drug."

Marsalis met most of the women through Match.com. The company said Thursday that it cannot monitor what goes on once their clients move from online communication to the real world.

© 2006 The Associated Press. http://tinyurl.com/u8z4k

--------------

Well-educated, professional women in this country did not go to the police and report this.  This is truly a very sad commentary on rape laws in our own country.  It is a lot to expect teenage girls to try to report this in a foreign country if these women could not do so in this one.  Note he won acquittal on three previous charges in January.  

Our laws are written heavily biased toward allowing the rapist to go free and need a complete overhaul with less emphasis on sparing the rapist and more concern for the victims.  Not likely to happen until more women are involved in the legislative process, unfortunately.  And of course, the female always gave consent or asked for it or is somehow to blame.  

Sure sounds like this guy may have done this twenty times before also.  It will be interesting to see if he is again acquitted and walks free.  Don't be surprised if that is exactly what happens due to the memory loss most victims of date rape drugs suffer.  Perhaps the solution is to punish for the possession of the substance regardless of use.  Say starting with about fifty years mandatory.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: November 04, 2006, 12:48:14 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote form LilPuma

Kat--

Puma had a good post.
What would i need for equipment in aruba??
A bullshit back-hoe?? Shocked

friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: November 04, 2006, 12:50:36 PM »

ANNA------TY FOR REMINDER!!!!!
NO NO NO NO NO
ON LINE DATING

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #590 on: November 04, 2006, 12:51:08 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

GOODMORNING ALL!

Goodmorning Teacher!  Very Happy

I wanted to let y'all know I just talked to the Dr and they will be doing emergency surgery on me this afternoon. I should be home tomorrow and will let you know when I do get home. I could use a couple extra prayers, ya know?  Thanks in advance.

GOOD LUCK SunFreak !!! Let us hear asap!!

Good Morning all ~

Grande: That is fantastic research you've done and provided....thank you so much!  Things are getting clearer and clearer...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: November 04, 2006, 12:51:21 PM »

Quote form LilPuma

Kat--

Puma had a good post.  Yes, I know, just trying to be funny ! !
What would i need for equipment in aruba??
A bullshit back-hoe?? Shocked
No, I was thinking of devices available in the SPY category in the Yellow pages. Cool  Cool
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: November 04, 2006, 12:53:31 PM »

Anna - thanks for posting that article.  Proves again how people aren't always what they seem to be.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: November 04, 2006, 12:53:37 PM »

Quote from: "Shizaru"

Coudl be, but then what was Beth talking about when she said the wording was changed from missing to kidnapped?  It looks like the "missing" posters actually came after kidnapped.  Maybe she just remembered wrong.

Shizaru,
They put up "kidnapped" and van der Straaten made them take those down and change it to missing since no ransom demands had been made.  Besides, everybody knew she got into the car voluntarily.   Rolling Eyes

Then later, they were allowed to use the kidnapped ones again, not sure when that was, maybe after the non-required in an emergency 48 hours had passed.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #594 on: November 04, 2006, 12:56:11 PM »

I am going to post dangerously. I re read the Shango at the end of Dave's book.
Carlos & Charlies.. is the house of rave.
Everyone knew what went on there, they have been trying to close it down, HA etc etc
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #595 on: November 04, 2006, 12:57:07 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Hey, Monkeys.

Just want to thank you for all your kind wishes, prayers and e-mails during my recent "incarceration."

Here's hoping that Sunfreak is doing well and I am praying for her quick recovery, just as mine was.

I am feeling much better now.  The problem was an acute exacerbation of an old problem, and probably secondary to all the stress I have been under and not eating properly so it is now taken care of and I just have to be a compliant patient and eat the right things and rest more than I normally do.

Thank you all once again.  You are great monkeys!

I am going to spend much time reading back because I have not a clue what most of you are talking about and am so out of the loop, so I will lurk and read.  Just wanted to drop by and thank EVERYONE for the kindnesses, words and prayers.  What a great group.

Hey Tyler !!  Very Happy Great to see you !!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: November 04, 2006, 12:59:41 PM »

I am going to post dangerously. I re read the Shango at the end of Dave's book.
Carlos & Charlies.. is the house of rave.
Everyone knew what went on there, they have been trying to close it down, HA etc etc

Very possible
Grande
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #597 on: November 04, 2006, 01:01:53 PM »

Klass??  how are u??

Were one day closer to parlaying our collective efforts into JUSTICE being served.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: November 04, 2006, 01:02:39 PM »

Quote from: "Grande"

Natalee had dinner with someone, however most people seem to want to discount this...  http://i7.tinypic.com/24fh2sn.jpg

Grande,
I tend to discount it because Dave Holloway specifically said it never happened and that he had checked with her friends and they all said she took all meals with the group.  DH addresses the question of Natalee having meals with others in a Q&A session at BFN.

Talking to somebody does not equal having dinner with them, in my opinion only.  Thirty minutes would be a pretty fast dinner.  I suppose it could have happened but the friends did not seem to think so.  And there would only be three dinners for them to account for so should be fairly easy to do.

PERSONA NON GRATA

friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: November 04, 2006, 01:03:12 PM »

oops....any tourist in aruba would stick out...now...lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.