March 28, 2024, 01:51:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722164 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »

Cell-phone signal led searchers to river to look for missing N.Y. girl

Saturday, May. 02, 2009

A cell-phone signal led authorities to the North and South Santee rivers in Georgetown County this weekend to search for a missing New York girl, but neither the phone nor the girl has been found, authorities said as they resumed their efforts this morning.

The S.C. Department of Natural Resources has joined in the search for 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel, and rescue dogs are assisting. Fliers with a picture of Drexel are being distributed nearby.

Drexel was reported missing Sunday after she was last seen leaving one Myrtle Beach hotel on foot but failed to show up at another one. She is still considered a missing person, police have said.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/884102.html

Rob - I'm thinking her body was thrown in the river and floated downstream?  I know they haven't found her yet but that is how I'm viewing this latest info.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »

Around 9:15 or 9:30 Saturday night was the last contact anyone had with her.
She had just left the hotel where she had been visiting with the five boys.
To walk twenty blocks.
Someone had to go to school, Not Peter as he doesn't go to school.
Whose idea was it to leave because they were concerned with school ?
Did one of these gentlemen leave and perhaps offer her a ride the twenty blocks ?
One thing I have to say is that the Mum acted really quickly in calling the friend, Mr. Hahn to go to MB to locate Brittanee. There are street cams that can be checked and hotel lobby cams along with bar cams at the entrances, before they are taped over. The MB police seem to be on the ball and acting quickly unlike LE in some of the cases we read about where they take a wait and see attitude.   
I too fear the worst and hope for the best.
Brittanee did a stupid thing ( going to MB the way she did and who she went with and then being alone in between friends ) but I was 17 once and did many stupid things.
Someone didn't just grab her off a well travelled street.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »

Cell-phone signal led searchers to river to look for missing N.Y. girl

Saturday, May. 02, 2009

A cell-phone signal led authorities to the North and South Santee rivers in Georgetown County this weekend to search for a missing New York girl, but neither the phone nor the girl has been found, authorities said as they resumed their efforts this morning.

The S.C. Department of Natural Resources has joined in the search for 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel, and rescue dogs are assisting. Fliers with a picture of Drexel are being distributed nearby.

Drexel was reported missing Sunday after she was last seen leaving one Myrtle Beach hotel on foot but failed to show up at another one. She is still considered a missing person, police have said.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/884102.html

Rob - I'm thinking her body was thrown in the river and floated downstream?  I know they haven't found her yet but that is how I'm viewing this latest info.

Thanks Klaas, much appreciated. I wasn't thinking that she could have floated there and her phone still be working as she arrived at the point 30 miles away.

I wonder if a phone could still ping underwater 30 miles away - seems unlikely. Where's Metro when we need him?

After a week her body would naturally surface due to gases and so far there doesn't seem to be any sign of her. The most logical areas would be the river banks. Bodies almost always end up there and we have three rivers here - that's where they're always found.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »

Something just hit me.

This almost has all the hallmarks of the Smiley Face Killers.

I don't believe that any SFK victims have ever been found south of West Virgina though.

I know most don't know alot about that criminal organization, but this seem eerily familiar.

Young person disappears later found in water apparent drowning victim, nearby Smiley Face graffiti painted on building.

The FBI is apparently unable to unravel what is really taken place with these crimes.

Almost all of the 40 known SFK victims are male, however there are three females I believe, and all are under the age of thirty if I'm not mistaken.

+++

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »

Do we have any maps yet? I have not read everything.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2009, 03:42:20 PM »

Do we have any maps yet? I have not read everything.
Hi, Klaass made a google page on page two.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/884102.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

A cell-phone signal led authorities to the South Santee River in Georgetown County this weekend to search for a missing New York girl, but neither the phone nor the girl has been found, authorities said as they continued their efforts this afternoon.

Brittanee Marie Drexel's cell phone was not in use when it gave off its last signal Sunday near U.S. 17 and the Charleston County line, and investigators do not know how it got to the area, said Sheriff Lane Cribb in a brief news conference at the search site. Phones normally give off a signal until their batteries run out, he said.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »

How does this represent 20 blocks?  Was there a 3rd hotel involved?   

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2009, 04:19:22 PM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/884102.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container

A cell-phone signal led authorities to the South Santee River in Georgetown County this weekend to search for a missing New York girl, but neither the phone nor the girl has been found, authorities said as they continued their efforts this afternoon.

Brittanee Marie Drexel's cell phone was not in use when it gave off its last signal Sunday near U.S. 17 and the Charleston County line, and investigators do not know how it got to the area, said Sheriff Lane Cribb in a brief news conference at the search site. Phones normally give off a signal until their batteries run out, he said.

So what if her phone was in her purse and the purse was thrown into the river.  It floated for a while before sinking? 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2009, 04:20:23 PM »

AZSunny  - that's not all of the hotels.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2009, 04:21:31 PM »

I hope they have S&R or cadaver dogs searching this area.  Or both.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »

I am assuming that river you see down at the bottom by Georgetown and going up towards Myrtle Beach is the Santee River.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2009, 04:24:54 PM »

I like the boy who checked out in the middle of the night leaving his deposit as a POI however this more remote location south and out of town seems to implicate possibly a local.

Rob, have followed a little on Smiley Faced Killers but don't really understand it.  Seems like a gang thing maybe?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »

AZSunny  - that's not all of the hotels.

I know there are more hotels in the area, but was it those two that she was walking between? 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »

I like the boy who checked out in the middle of the night leaving his deposit as a POI however this more remote location south and out of town seems to implicate possibly a local.

Rob, have followed a little on Smiley Faced Killers but don't really understand it.  Seems like a gang thing maybe?

Hi Anna, yes, it is a gang. A multi-state gang and you're not the only one who doesn't understand it. No known POIs as far as I know and speculation that a designer drug is used to incapacitate the victims. Also speculation that women are part of the gang and are used to lead men to their demise. Extremely complex case. And infact, probably the most complex I've ever seen. I can only imagine what the FBI thinks of this whole thing. As long as I have been looking into it - they have made no head-way that I'm aware of and didn't even know the gang existed until about two years ago. These were thought to be random unconnected crimes until someone made one connection and forced a review of many cases. There are probably many more than 40 victims. I believe the number 40 is actual number of cases that can be proven to be connected.

In the case of the SFKs it's hard to know an actual motive or method.

+++

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2009, 04:38:32 PM »

There is a new video on Fox News showing more pictures of Brittanee and they show a picture of Natalee Holloway too.  I dont know how to bring this video over.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »

Ty guys for bringing some info over. I have some stuff to do that I don't want to do . But I will be a feel like better person if I just get it done and over with instead of watching the clock and wondering how close I can cut it.
This one is bothering me quite a bit. Young girls going missing like this. Families that love them and will do anything for the girl to come home. The Mother acting so quickly and having posters up all around the area is a good thing, maybe someone saw her get in a car. Her top is somewhat eye catching. The cam shots do not look anything like her face pictures we saw. Not to me anyway.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

If this purse was thrown in the river, might it float for a while before sinking and destroying any cell phone inside?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2009, 06:30:40 PM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=South%20Santee%20River%20Florida&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
South Santee River SC

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »

It is odd that the kid left at the time in the morning...did he leave alone? would others go along with him transporting and then getting rid of a body along the way? or did he have her in the trunk and the luggage was in the back seat....then he put her body somewhere nearer to home after he dropped off the other guy if there was someone else?
If he had not left the hotel the way that he did and got lawyered up, he might not be so suspect now!
ok, I will just ask this...no nanners..... but...has it crossed any one's mind that  her boyfriend got pissy cause she was messing around with these other guys, her so called friends told him when he kept trying to call her, maybe he didn't even know that she had gone down there for spring break...her parents didn't know...he came down, followed her...they fought, the rest is history? geez, I feel bad for even writing any of this stuff down, but we have seen so many cases where we know that no one can be ruled out....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.