April 19, 2024, 03:45:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 724638 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519116,00.html

Missing New York Teen's Mom 'Not Satisfied' Police Cleared Boys
Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I'm getting confused. Mrs. Drexel just two days ago she said this  Arrow

"As far as I know they’ve done what they needed to do as far as those boys are concerned back home," said Drexel. "They’re not persons of interest anymore."
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S912044.shtml?cat=565

ok - anyone else confuzzled?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2009, 10:29:24 AM »

Thank you all for the updates.  Reading the blogs of some of the younger people, they seem to feel Brittenee is a runaway.  One girl said "she is hiding"  another one said the Myrtle Beach area is a haven for young runaways and they take care of each other. 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »

Rob, I thought that she meant that to the police they are not persons of interest anymore?

the boyfriend doesn't suspect them...

what was Peter's reason for leaving when he did? anybody found that out yet?
wonder if since the police were calling him while he was traveling, he got worried of the implications, called his parents who then decided that he should lawyer up just in case? maybe he is innocent in all of this...just a horrible coincidence that she disappears and he leaves at an odd hour leaving a deposit at hotel and all?

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2009, 10:59:12 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519116,00.html

Missing New York Teen's Mom 'Not Satisfied' Police Cleared Boys
Wednesday, May 06, 2009

**snip**
At about 8 p.m. on April 25, Brittanee left the Bar Harbor Hotel, where she was staying with some girl friends, to go to the nearby Blue Resort Hotel to see Broswick.

Surveillance camera footage captured 17-year-old Brittanee entering and leaving the Blue Resort lobby.

Hours later, at about 1 a.m., Broswick left Myrtle Beach to return home to Rochester. Authorities there and in Myrtle Beach have questioned him several times, but say is isn't a suspect.

I would like to know this guy's explanantion of why he left at 1 a.m. to go home...Was it to get home faster?  This would be a what - 14 hr or so drive?  Did he go alone?  When did he turn up somewhere else - or arrive at home?  Was there time unaccounted for?  I'd also like to know how many times this fellow has been to Myrtle.  Is this his first time there?  Would he have been there several times before and have knowledge of the area more so than just the beach area?

The place her last cell ping came from is headed south.  They say the last ping was a few hours after 8:45...making it 10:45-11:00?   Someone could travel the 30 miles in about - being generous, 45 mins. making it an approximate 1 1/2 hour round trip.

I have a hinky feeling about this guy leaving in the middle of the night. 

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

Thank you all for the updates.  Reading the blogs of some of the younger people, they seem to feel Brittenee is a runaway.  One girl said "she is hiding"  another one said the Myrtle Beach area is a haven for young runaways and they take care of each other. 

I really don't feel she is a runaway.  She had a boyfriend, and by his interview etc., it seems they were getting along good.  Girls that age are all about their boyfriends and I don't see here running away.  Seems to me if she was going to run anywhere, it would be home to her boyfriend.  Would she go this long without talking to him or texting?

The best outcome of this would be that she did run away and now with all the attention is scared to come forward.  I am afraid this is not the case.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2009, 11:58:39 AM »

I really don't feel she is a runaway.  She had a boyfriend, and by his interview etc., it seems they were getting along good.  Girls that age are all about their boyfriends and I don't see here running away.  Seems to me if she was going to run anywhere, it would be home to her boyfriend.  Would she go this long without talking to him or texting?

The best outcome of this would be that she did run away and now with all the attention is scared to come forward.  I am afraid this is not the case.

I don't think that she ran away either...

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2009, 12:53:44 PM »

I do not think she is a run away. She would have reached out to someone by now.  She can't reach out, because I think she met with foul play, and maybe at the hands of the group of guys she was with in MC.  More likely she was abducted on her way back from the second hotel. I don't think she is still alive.

I think the Mom has a strange way of communicating.  It could be from the stress of all this, but her thought patterns are incomplete in her statements.  I think that is what caused the conflict in her statements regarding the guys from Rochester.  I think she was saying that they are no longer persons of interest to the police.  What she didn't say is that she still has doubts in her mind regarding their involvement.     JMO

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: May 06, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »

I would also like to know how long this "Broswick" fellow was supposed to be staying at the beach before he left.  Some have mentioned he left his deposit.  Was he supposed to stay the next week or was Sunday their last day there.  Usually, you make your reservations and put a deposit, but when you arrive you pay the rest of the amount for your stay.

Had he mentioned to any of the other boys he was staying with that he had plans to leave at 1:00 a.m?

Also about the cell phone pings.  I am sure this has been discussed in other cases, but I can't recall how exactly this works.  If I understand correctly, if your cell phone is on, every so often it sends a signal out - you don't necessarily have to make a call, it just automatically pings.  Is that correct?

So, with this in mind, someone could have just disposed of the cell phone and within the typical time, it pinged - It doesn't necessarily mean Brittanee was with her phone.

Gosh, I'd like to hear this Broswick's account. Is Broswick or any of his friends dating or involved with any of the girls Brittanee was with?

So many questions............

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: May 06, 2009, 01:38:22 PM »

Also I hope they are looking at surveillance cameras inside hotels.

Most hotels have the same floor plan with a corridor with rooms on either side of it.  It is a very simple matter for someone to wait for a subject and just open the door and snatch her inside a room.  This is especially true with a small person as she is and a larger predator type.

Kids are warned about this in hotels and motels but it's just such an easy thing for a predator to do.  Hand over the mouth or around a person's neck so they can't scream and they are relatively easy to snatch into a room.  Do it quickly and close the door, within seconds a person can be taken.  I get the creeps sometimes just walking down the hall in hotels now that am overly aware of all the things that can be so easy to do.

So I hope they have looked at any inside films as well as along the sidewalks.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #249 on: May 06, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »

Search teams join forces to find missing teen

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:01 PM

Updated: May 5, 2009 07:13 PM

GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - Two non-profit search teams joined forces Tuesday in Georgetown County, mapping out a search plan for missing 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel.

The CUE Center for Missing Persons, based out of Wilmington, and the Laura Recovery Center, of Texas, are hoping a community-based search for Drexel will lead to her safe recovery.

The CUE Center has been in Georgetown since last week, helping the Myrtle Beach Police Department search in an area of land where Drexel's cell phone signal was last recorded.

"She has been missing for a week now, and this is out of her character," explained Monica Caison, founder of The CUE Center.  "She is from out of state, so she is in an area she is not familiar with."

Caison says she hopes her team will help get the teen back to her family - a place where many say she belongs.

The two search groups say their members plan to continue searching throughout the end of the week.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Brittanee Drexel or leads in this case is asked to call the Myrtle Beach Police Department or local law enforcement immediately.  CrimeStoppers of the Lowcountry has announced they will be offering a reward of up to $1,000 for anyone with information on the disappearance of Drexel.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=10309631

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: May 06, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/888416.html

Posted on Wed, May. 06, 2009
Reward offered in case of N.Y. teen missing from Myrtle Beach
Tonya Root
troot@thesunnews.com

Police and Crime Stopper officials hope a monetary reward and the ability to remain anonymous will prompt someone who knows about the disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel to come forward and share the information.

A $1,000 reward is being offered from Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry for information related to Drexel, who was last seen on April 25 near the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach, said Frank Morea, public information officer with the organization.

"We offered [police] whatever help we could give them. We can easily put that out there and we can take anonymous tips. We don’t want to know who they are, we only want their information and we give them a code number,’’ Morea said. "Somebody knows something. They may be afraid to talk. They may not want to talk or offer what they know. We offer a layer of protection that we don’t want to know who they are. I’m hopeful that will spur someone on to come forward.’’

No new information was available Wednesday in the search for Drexel, which included areas in Myrtle Beach and Georgetown County since she was last seen, Myrtle Beach police Capt. David Knipes said. Officials welcomed the offer of a reward and for tipsters to remain anonymous, but provide clues to Drexel’s whereabouts, he said.

"If it helps obviously it is a great thing,’’ Knipes said. "I hope that people aren’t just motivated by money to turn in information to us. But whatever avenues we can take to try to get this thing resolved we will.’’

Several groups along with police have searched an area of the South Santee River in Georgetown County, but have not found anything related to the girl, police said. A cell phone belonging to Drexel gave off its last known signal the night of April 26 in the area around U.S. 17 and the South Santee River, authorities said.

Less than 40 percent of rewards are claimed through the Crime Stoppers organization, Morea said. More often the organization is used by people who have information, but wish to remain anonymous.

"While the money can be an incentive, the anonymity is more of an incentive,’’ he said. "We get the information and it’s sent to the departments within 10 or 15 minutes of us receiving it so they can act quickly. If somebody knows something here is an avenue to tell us and remain anonymous.’’

Anyone with information about Drexel or her disappearance can call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-274-6372 (1-888-CRIME-SC), or log on at www.5541111.com. Anonymous text tips can be sent by starting a new text message to CRIMES (274637), and mark the beginning of the message with "CSL".

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »

Would be interesting to hear Mrs. Drexel's thoughts on her daughters friends just leaving and not bringing Brittanee's things with them.

To me, that just sounds so fishy!  Why would they not bring them?  What if Brittanee were to meet up with them at the new hotel?  Sounds to me like they already knew for sure that she would not need her belongings.

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

WHAM Tv is reporting the 20 year old is giving DNA .   Why would that be?

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2009, 04:16:50 PM »

WHAM TV (WHAM.com) is calling Brittanee "the childlike teenagaer".

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #254 on: May 06, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

WHAM Tv is reporting the 20 year old is giving DNA .   Why would that be?
Maybe they found trace DNA evidence on her clothing?  Seems odd since nothing but clothing has been reported as recovered.

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »

Sorry, that is WHAM13TV out of Rochester, New York.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »

WHAM Tv is reporting the 20 year old is giving DNA .   Why would that be?

What 20 yo is this, Always1?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2009, 04:27:38 PM »

If it is the boy who left in the middle of the night, it could be to eliminate him as the source for trace evidence in his car.

PERSONA NON GRATA

little lulu
Scared Monkey

« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2009, 04:32:49 PM »

OH....am sorry, am in the wrong thread, just ignore a newbie that's lost....
Edit to remove item posted in wrong thread.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:32:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »

Wasnt her real Dad from Florida?  Maybe she hitched a ride to his place and was killed there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.