April 25, 2024, 11:43:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 725057 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »

That has to be 400-500 miles from MB.  I do have a body of a female juvenile in Kinston NC...apx 175 miles North of MB...
http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/44479977.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »

OH....am sorry, am in the wrong thread, just ignore a newbie that's lost....

We all post in the wrong thread from time to time.  I usually ask mod to move to the correct thread then promise never to bother them ever again, something I learned from Tamikasmom, lol.

Love your Yorkie.  I have two Yorkie grandpups and post in Musings about them from time to time.  I think Yorkies are the most popular breed on this entire forum.  Or maybe that's just with me, haha.

This teen has me very concerned.  I don't believe she is alive and would miss her Prom if she could help it.  So much reminds me of the Natalee Holloway disappearance as well. 

They may want DNA from the boy to compare with something they found in his car to see if it is his such as blood or bodily fluids of some sort.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2009, 04:56:14 PM »

Wasnt her real Dad from Florida?  Maybe she hitched a ride to his place and was killed there.

Yes and her family there has been passing out fliers there as well.  I think people in the area where he lives are told to BOLO for her.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2009, 06:24:44 PM »

That has to be 400-500 miles from MB.  I do have a body of a female juvenile in Kinston NC...apx 175 miles North of MB...
http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/44479977.html

this is very concerning. When they say Juvenile, what age group are they referring to?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »

still waiting for more info.... teens perhaps?
Check out the comments at Topix
http://www.topix.net/forum/source/orlando-sentinel/TBPBIJCN7G11GPL3I

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »

Trying to catch up in 5 places, lol...not sure if this was posted>>

Missing New York Teen's Mom 'Not Satisfied' Police Cleared Boys
The mother of a Rochester, N.Y., teenager who disappeared on spring break said she has doubts about why police have already cleared a group of boys her daughter Brittanee Drexel visited the night she vanished.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519116,00.html

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2009, 07:09:38 PM »

http://www.gtowntimes.com/story/search-resumes

Investigators visit Georgetown High concerning missing teen case (updated 1:15 p.m. Wednesday)

Published on 5/6/2009
Written by Scott Harper

The search continues today in Georgetown County for any clues on the disappearance of a New York
teenager.
The search led investigators to Georgetown High School to speak with someone about the case.
The family of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel
are being assisted by the Laura Recovery Center of Texas as they go door-to-door along Powell Road and other areas of North Santee talking to people in hopes of finding out anything about Drexel.
Drexel was last seen on April 25 near the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach.
At about 11:30 this morning, five investigators visited Georgetown High School. Police will not comment on the nature of their visit but other sources told the Times they were speaking to a student who said he knows someone who was with Drexel during the weekend she vanished.
The investigators were with the student for about 30 minutes and then left the school.
It’s unknown what, if any, impact the information will have on the search.
For several days last week, the search shifted from Horry County to Georgetown County because the last trace of her cell phone was detected near the border with Charleston County.
The South Santee River and a seven mile surrounding stretch was searched but nothing was detected to indicate she was ever in the area, although authorities still say they believe her cell phone had been there because it had been detected on a cell tower.
Janice Liggett of the Laura Recovery Center said the team met with law enforcement Tuesday and are canvassing the area handing out fliers today.
“We have no reason to believe she ran away,” Liggett said.
She said if anyone would like to help with the search, they can go to the organization’s Web site — www.lrcs.org — and download fliers to hand out.
Myrtle  Beach Police say Drexel could be a runaway or they could possibly be dealing with an abduction case.

Anyone with any information about Brittanee Drexel is asked to call the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office at 546-5102 or the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 918-1382.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »

just saw the step dad on JVM....something about him......I thought the first time that I saw him on tv that he was cocky, for some reason I am not liking him...Not that he has anything to do with her missing, not saying that at all, don't know what it is.....

the mom must be a realist to say that she thinks that Brittanee is dead early on...she is probably right, however, I don't think that I could utter those words about my child till I had proof...but that is just me...not judging...just sayin....

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »

I agree with one of the posters there, at least say the gender! Will keep checking in for details, who ever it maybe I pray they are flying with angels....
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »

I agree with one of the posters there, at least say the gender! Will keep checking in for details, who ever it maybe I pray they are flying with angels....

me too Tracygirl...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=296549

Search for Brittanee goes door to door in Georgetown Co.    
Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 5:34 p.m.

Search crews hope their efforts Wednesday will develop new leads in the case of missing 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel.

Volunteers from out-of-state search agencies, as well as family and law enforcement went door to door handing out fliers. They scoured the neighborhoods surrounding the Santee River in Georgetown County. That's the area Brittanee Drexel's cell phone last gave a signal.

She was last seen leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard on Saturday, April 25th. She was here from Rochester, NY on spring break.

Most of her family has arrived on the Grand Strand, and time is taking its toll. Alan Wagener is Brittanee's grandfather. We caught up with him as he helped with the search effort. "I just hope they find her. I just, Sunday morning I broke down. I held it in all week, and I'm just hoping they find her."

A candlelit vigil is scheduled for 7:00 Friday on the beach behind the Blue Water Resort at 2001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2009, 09:52:48 PM »

I feel for this whole family...they must be in hell right now, not knowing, but possibly fearing the worst..

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »

I feel for this whole family...they must be in hell right now, not knowing, but possibly fearing the worst..

Cookie, I see all your replies to me and I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer em all. I do apologize.

I think the police have zero'd in on someone. I'm expecting an arrest shortly and it will be a local.

+++

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »

Cookie, I see all your replies to me and I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer em all. I do apologize.

I think the police have zero'd in on someone. I'm expecting an arrest shortly and it will be a local.

that's ok Rob... Someone usually answers or gives me their opinion which is cool.....I just think that you are usually right on and I rely on you to reassure me that something is moving along on this case....Oh, so you think that someone local is responsible I see...hmmm...hope that we get the answers soon...xxxx
Has Blink weighed in here on this case lately? what do you think Blink?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2009, 09:33:45 AM »

NOT Brittanee
snipped.....
Details of the investigation - including the girl's name, physical description or how long she had been dead - are being withheld until investigators can notify the girl's mother and father.

"All we can say at this point is that the victim was a teenager, believed to be from Lenoir County," Hall said. "The body was found on the tracks, which is not usually where a body will come to rest after being struck by a train."

http://www.enctoday.com/articles/sheriff-55175-kfpress-hall-county.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »

Nut, how do they know that it is not her?
article said, "we cannot guess the age or the race" so how can B be ruled out already?

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:34 AM »

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/889484.html

Anonymous tips, reward may help search for N.Y. teen
May 7th 2009
By Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com 

Police visited Georgetown High School on Wednesday in the continuing search for a missing New York teen, a day after a reward was offered for information about the girl.

Police and Crime Stopper officials hope a reward and the ability to remain anonymous will prompt someone who knows about the disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel to come forward and share the information.

A $1,000 reward is being offered from Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry for information related to Drexel, who was last seen on April 25 near the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach, said Frank Morea, spokesman for the organization.
Quantcast

Meanwhile, police confirmed that they visited the school in Georgetown in connection with the case, but offered few details.

"Georgetown County Sheriff's investigators did assist Myrtle Beach investigators at Georgetown High School today," said Sgt. Neil Johnson with the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office.

Crime Stoppers is hoping they can help break the case open.

"We offered [police] whatever help we could give them. We can easily put that out there, and we can take anonymous tips. We don't want to know who they are, we only want their information, and we give them a code number," Morea said. "Somebody knows something. They may be afraid to talk. They may not want to talk or offer what they know. We offer a layer of protection that we don't want to know who they are. I'm hopeful that will spur someone on to come forward."

Officials welcomed the reward and the opportunity for tipsters to remain anonymous, Myrtle Beach police Capt. David Knipes said.

"If it helps, obviously, it is a great thing," Knipes said. "I hope that people aren't just motivated by money to turn in information to us. But whatever avenues we can take to try to get this thing resolved, we will."

A cell phone belonging to Drexel gave off its last known signal the night of April 26 in the area around U.S. 17 and the South Santee River, authorities said.

Morea is hopeful his group can help.

"While the money can be an incentive, the anonymity is more of an incentive," he said. "We get the information, and it's sent to the departments within 10 or 15 minutes of us receiving it so they can act quickly."

Staff writer Janelle Frost contributed to this report.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2009, 09:50:22 AM »

Law Enforcement probably has Brittanee's dental records by now.  That could be used to rule out the body found by railroad tracks.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »

I looked all over this morning and that article above is all there is.

There is some sicko posting horrible stuff that he killed Brittanee. It's so horrible I'm not linking it. If you want to find it - it's out there.

+++

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: May 07, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »

I looked all over this morning and that article above is all there is.

There is some sicko posting horrible stuff that he killed Brittanee. It's so horrible I'm not linking it. If you want to find it - it's out there.

what is wrong with people? grrrrr..

MunkeyMunk....thanks for the good news! refreshing....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.