April 23, 2024, 04:52:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 724861 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #280 on: May 07, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest. I am in S.C. and I am familiar with the area around Myrtle Beach. Santee River is a huge place with many swamps that a body would never be found in. Aligators and snakes aplenty.

There is an update on the body found in N.C. and it gives the name of the body found. It is not Britanee.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: May 07, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest. I am in S.C. and I am familiar with the area around Myrtle Beach. Santee River is a huge place with many swamps that a body would never be found in. Aligators and snakes aplenty.

There is an update on the body found in N.C. and it gives the name of the body found. It is not Britanee.
[/quoteThank you Darla.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #282 on: May 07, 2009, 12:59:46 PM »

I have a friend and her husband who are on the Myrtle Beach Fire Dept and they are taking part in the searches. Will update if I hear anything.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: May 07, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »

I have a friend and her husband who are on the Myrtle Beach Fire Dept and they are taking part in the searches. Will update if I hear anything.

That's great, Darla!!  Thank you!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: May 07, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »

What a relief for Britanee's family, but someone else's family will be mourning now... so sad.

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: May 07, 2009, 01:54:17 PM »

just saw the step dad on JVM....something about him......I thought the first time that I saw him on tv that he was cocky, for some reason I am not liking him...Not that he has anything to do with her missing, not saying that at all, don't know what it is.....

the mom must be a realist to say that she thinks that Brittanee is dead early on...she is probably right, however, I don't think that I could utter those words about my child till I had proof...but that is just me...not judging...just sayin....

Cookie, when I heard the mom said that, I got the chills... ITA with you... I just could not say those words at all about my children.  Just thinking it brings tears to my eyes.  Like you, I am not judging at all, but it really does show how different everyone acts in certain situations.

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: May 07, 2009, 03:26:02 PM »

Thanks Darla!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #287 on: May 07, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »

The body found near C.R. 48 in Okahumpka, FL is a hispanic male
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/lake_news/050709body_found_in_woods

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
onereddoxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2009, 07:40:57 PM »

I hope this link works...  I found this on another site I was reading.  Its Jennifer Oberer's facebook pics from MB.  (I hope I can post this kind of thing....)
Brit is in these pictures, but she isn't mentioned, only by people leaving comments.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2019879&id=1013670465#/photo.php?pid=30369529&id=1013670465

"No one can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog."
Gene Hill
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2009, 08:31:52 PM »

The body found near C.R. 48 in Okahumpka, FL is a hispanic male
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/lake_news/050709body_found_in_woods

deceased man is 43-year-old Jose Arturo DeLeon
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-body-found-homicide-050709,0,7650573.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #290 on: May 07, 2009, 08:59:19 PM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S919264.shtml?cat=566

Missing teen investigation continues

Posted at: 05/07/2009 11:03 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 05/07/2009 6:24 PM
By: Jennifer Johnson

Where is Brittanee Drexel? She's been missing for almost two weeks and today the Webster man once questioned in the case was in our News 10NBC studio to tape a national interview.

The search for 17-year-old Drexel has now moved 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach to Georgetown County. That's where the teen's cell phone gave off its last signal.

Police say they are following up on every lead. They even went to a school in Georgetown to look for clues and ask the students questions about Drexel. She was last seen leaving a hotel in Myrtle Beach where Peter Brozowitz, 20 of Webster, was staying with friends.

In his taped interview Thursday afternoon, Brozowitz was concerned about clearing his name. He said, "The media twists everything that's going on. You weren't there. I was there with four other people and I'm the one that's singled out."

Brozowitz, with local lawyer John Parrinello by his side, said he has fully cooperated with the police investigation.

Dawn and Chad Drexel, Brittanee's mother and adoptive father, are in Los Angeles in the Dr. Phil studio and were part of this interview.

While Brozowitz was defending himself, Dr. Phil broke in and told him this is not about throwing Brozowitz under the bus, it's about helping these parents find their daughter.

Still, Brozowitz feels like he is being thrown under the bus. He said, "Of course I'm concerned about Brittanee, I mean that girl is a nice girl but when I was in the room with four other kids, they're all with me the whole night and then all of a sudden my name is mentioned as a person of interest when there is absolutely no evidence, my name is spelled wrong on the national news, my family is going through hell right now. People look at me differently walking down the street, you can just imagine how I feel."

Brozowitz said Drexel was not mad when she left the hotel, which surprised Brozowitz as she had just walked a mile to get to their hotel room.

At that time, Brittanee, Brozowitz and his friends, had just started watching the Yankees-Red Sox game on TV when she got a call from her friend, mad that Brittanee had her shorts.

Brozowitz said Brittanee did not seem all that mad about turning around and walking back to return them. He offered her a ride, but she said she'd be just fine. The strip didn't bother her and she had walked alone the past few nights.

Brozowitz said he was also questioned about why he and his friends checked out of the hotel at 2 a.m. Sunday. He said it's a along drive back to Rochester and all along they had planned to leave early and had even packed before they went out on Saturday night.

We also found out from this interview they did know each other before this trips, but Brozowitz said he did not know she was going to be in Myrtle Beach.

The Dr. Phil show airing on Monday is called Behind the Headlines: Mom's Worst Nightmares.

You can watch it on News 10NBC. Dr. Phil airs weekdays at 3 p.m.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: May 07, 2009, 09:25:49 PM »

Maybe this kid is telling the truth?
If all of his friends left with him, why is he the one being singled out? And if the guys had to be back at school or work on Monday, it might make sense that they left when they did? dunno...

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #292 on: May 07, 2009, 09:31:48 PM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S919264.shtml?cat=566

Missing teen investigation continues

Posted at: 05/07/2009 11:03 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 05/07/2009 6:24 PM
By: Jennifer Johnson

Thanks for posting this Rob. 

My gutt tells me that this kid has done nothing wrong.  I buy the story of leaving early to return home for school.  I have been with groups of people who have left the deposit on more than one occassion.  I know you are all wondering why, but when its Spring Break and you are with a group of friends partying and getting wasted, things tend to get messy....99.9% of the time the deposit is never returned when you turn in the room key, and if it is they put it back on your card, so there is no need to be there in the first place.  Its way more common than you would think.

My suspicions are still with her group of girl friends, something is off about them.  Either they are in on this or they are one really messed up group of individuals without a sense of what true friendship really means. 

I think that the likelyhood of her being abducted by a random individual with a sick and twisted mind is very likely.  I just do not see it being this boy.

Edit: Fix typo
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:35:54 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: May 07, 2009, 09:37:07 PM »

Dolce,,,,I agree about Peter...and about them leaving when they did and about the deposit..many times hubby and I don't do the actual check out thing...we just leave...the deposit is usually put on a card so that if you use anything from the mini bar or rent movies etc...they either charge appropriately or they put it back on the card as you stated...
and I agree that it was probably a local...as Rob had said earlier as well..

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:27 PM »

Dolce,,,,I agree about Peter...and about them leaving when they did and about the deposit..many times hubby and I don't do the actual check out thing...we just leave...the deposit is usually put on a card so that if you use anything from the mini bar or rent movies etc...they either charge appropriately or they put it back on the card as you stated...
and I agree that it was probably a local...as Rob had said earlier as well..

And to add, many hotels, especially those within tourist-driven locations such as Florida, it says in the fine print when you sign upon check-in that your deposit can be held for up to 5 business days after check out.  Why you may ask?  Well some people make a lifestyle out of taking towels, blankets, lamps, wall art, robes, mini bar stock and stocked toilet paper and tissue from these places....why not there are no surveylance camera's in the room, many people feel they paid for it with the room.  (Some hotels factor that into the room cost, some do not)  Any way, what I am saying is when I was in college, we would always leave without getting the deposit.  If it showed up on our CC days later, then whoohoo, otherwise chalked it up to the mess we left!

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: May 07, 2009, 11:13:14 PM »

I would like to see a few more comments from the 'girl friends" that in their facebook postings call them selves "the bitches 09" have to say for returning home without their friend that they gave a ride to  MB.  Did they expect her to walk home?  Why no comments from them, and why does the "bitch" post pictures of Brittanee, and not post her name to them?  They are slime buckets! 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
onereddoxie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2009, 11:38:02 PM »

I agree.  I was giving the friends the benefit of the doubt, but seeing the pictures, I think they may have named themselves appropriately.  JMO, but I think they seem rather catty with each other even...
I don't know how they could have left B there without searching for her, and also leaving all her stuff in the room.  I just don't understand any of that. 

This is the exact reason her mother didn't want her to go.  How sad.  I hope she is found soon...and safe!

"No one can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog."
Gene Hill
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2009, 09:30:58 AM »

Search for N.Y. teen leads to high schoolPosted: Friday, May. 08, 2009

MYRTLE BEACH Police visited Georgetown High School on Wednesday in the continuing search for a missing New York teen, a day after a reward was offered for information about the girl.

Police and Crime Stopper officials hope a reward and the ability to remain anonymous will prompt someone who knows about the disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel to come forward and share the information.

A $1,000 reward is being offered from Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry for information related to Drexel, who was last seen April 25 near the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach, said Frank Morea, spokesman for the organization.

Meanwhile, police confirmed that they visited the school in Georgetown in connection with the case but offered few details.

A cell phone belonging to Drexel gave off its last known signal the night of April 26 in the area around U.S. 17 and the South Santee River, authorities said.

(Myrtle Beach) Sun News

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/711628.html

Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2009, 09:34:35 AM »

Hello Monkeys

I agree that the girls need to be looked into further.
Does anyone know who's name the room was under of the girls? My thought is if it was under Brittanee's then the girls could have left thinking that they would not be linked to her. They just seem so have this who cares attitude about them.
What time did the girls leave?

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2009, 09:43:13 AM »

Hello Monkeys

I agree that the girls need to be looked into further.
Does anyone know who's name the room was under of the girls? My thought is if it was under Brittanee's then the girls could have left thinking that they would not be linked to her. They just seem so have this who cares attitude about them.
What time did the girls leave?

Monkey hugs
I am not sure of the answers to your questions, but I do know that Brittanee is only 17, so she would be too young to rent a room in her name, I believe you have to be atleast 18 if I am not mistaken.

Peter stated that Brittanee left after receiving a call from one of the girls upset that she had her shorts, so upset that is the reason why Brittanee had left....seriously who does that?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.