March 29, 2024, 09:09:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722275 times)
tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2009, 03:59:49 PM »

IIRC, Brittanee has her nose pierced, do we know if she has any tatoos or other piercings?

Also, if she is 17, how did she get into Club Kryptonite?  Fake ID?

They are easily obtainable around here. I am not sure if it was confirmed she was in there.
John Anthony
Scared Monkey

« Reply #361 on: May 11, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »

We are not much further along today.  Everyone just chipping in offering their own opinions.  One thing I can say is the girls that she went with were just acquaintances and this is sadly where I believe Brittanee made her biggest mistake.  It is known that on a few nights of the trip they went off and did their own thing and Brittanee did hers. 

I will give my opinion on Peter, I do not believe he had anything to do with it.  While he is arrogant and has a border line prominent background, I think once he saw his name on the news he just got an attorney to salvage as much as his reputation as he could.

The family is trying to develop a new game plan.  I am interested in a P.I. but I am not sure how effective it will at this point especially with the assumption Peter is innocent. 

We must continue to spread the word on the reward which will be increasing soon.

Thanks all
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: May 11, 2009, 08:32:45 PM »

During the show this morning, Brittanee's father seems to think she has ran away and is scared to come home, while the mother believes her daughter is kidnapped and being held or possibly deceased.

I find it funny that Peter and the other guys say they originally planned to leave at 5 or 6am on Sunday morning, but since they were already prepacked before the party they went to they decided to leave at 2am.
Edit-correct name

Ran Away from Home ?

What was he thinking? .. Putting that thought in LE mind.. 
Nobody runs away from home at her age..
She had places to go and things to do AFTER her graduation.
jmho

Edit per Edward
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:29:05 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: May 11, 2009, 09:06:43 PM »

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/dr._phil_shines_spotlight_on_missing_new_york_teen/49449/

By Aisha Khan
WBTW Reporter
Published: May 11, 2009

It’s been more than two weeks since 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel went missing after coming to Myrtle Beach for spring break without her mother’s permission.

Drexel’s mother, Dawn Drexel, and stepfather, Chad Drexel, appeared on the Dr. Phil show last week to plead for their daughter’s return.

ON THE WEB

For more from Dr. Phil on the Brittanee Drexel case, click the image below to visit the show’s web site:

“It’s seems to me that someone took Brittanee. Either she got in the car willingly or may have met somebody here that maybe she trusted that she was hanging out with since that Wednesday when she came down to South Carolina,” Dawn Drexel told Dr. Phil.

“I don’t feel that Brittanee got hurt, I just have a gut feeling as her dad that she’s run somewhere,” Chad Drexel said.

Dr. Phil asked Chad Drexel if he knew Brittanee was going to Myrtle Beach and he said no.

“I thought she was home with my ex-wife,” Chad Drexel said.

The Drexels also confronted Peter Brozowitz, who was reportedly the last person to see Brittanee before her disappearance, on the show.

“I know just as much as the media, and like I said the media twisted everything that’s going on, and you weren’t there,,” Brozowitz said.  I was there with four other people and I’m the one that is singled out.”

Brozowitz appeared on the show with his attorney, John Parrinello, who told Dr. Phil that Brozowitz talked Brittanee Drexel into staying before she decided to leave the Bluewater Hotel where she met Brozowitz and few of his friends.

“Peter submitted a DNA sample at the request of Myrtle Beach (police) and there is no possible way that Peter Brozowitz had anything to do with Brittanee’s disappearance,” Parrinello said.

Dawn Drexel told Dr. Phil she’d spoken with Brozowitz the day her daughter went missing, but said he gave her three different scenarios, and that’s why she said her family thought that Brozowitz may know something.

“Any kind of a friend — I don’t care if you’re a guy or a girl — if you knew that Brittanee was walking that far from one hotel to the other if you’re a gentleman, then why wouldn’t you walk my daughter to her hotel or drive her there knowing it was dark out that night?” Dawn Drexel asked Brozowitz via satellite.

“I’m on spring break. I’m not there to babysit anybody and I don’t know Brittanee like that,” Brozowitz replied.

“It just doesn’t look right. It’s fishy,” Dawn Drexel said.

Stay with News13 as we continue to follow this story.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »

Just an FYI that is her STEP DAD not her BIO dad.  The Bio dad doesn't believe she ran away. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »

I think that Peter was very cocky and very full of himself..He is a very cute kid.......jmo...I about dropped my jaw when he said something to the effect that the media doesn't even spell his name right...well boo fricking hoo....Brittanee is missing, I think that is a bigger thing to worry about than how your darn name is spelled!
that being said about him...I don't think that he had anything to do with Brittanee's disappearance..I felt that when Dawn said to him something like, him being a gentleman <<not the exact words...that he should have offered to drive her back to her hotel or walked her back...I kindof knew what she meant, but like he said, he was there on spring break...not there to babysit anyone etc..etc....rude, but possibly true for a boy of his age to think?
they did not go down there together, they were not dating etc...hindsight, I am sure that he wishes that he would have gotten up and taken her back..Do we know if Brittanee just dropped over there while they were watching a game on tv or was she invited? he and some of the other guys might have had their own plans and didn't want to be bothered by taking her back to her hotel.....the other boys there or her "girlfriends" could have offered to take her back/pick her up as well....these kids are young and immature and none of them at that age think that anything is going to happen to them...now he has all this guilt put on him of what he should have done differently....why is he the only one being singled out? because he knew her from Rochester? that wouldn't have stopped one of the other guys from doing something to her...were they all together for the entire evening? have they all been questioned?  did one of them leave shortly after she did and caught up with her? what about her girlfriends and their acquaintances that they made in MB while on Spring break?

just my thoughts....I did not particularly like this Peter at all...but like I said I don't think that he is guilty of her disappearance..

tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »

It seems unclear as to the relationship between Brittanee and "the guys" and "the girls"

While it is true that Peter's name is the only one of the guys being mentioned, who are the others? Were they from NY or not? The only girl we have heard about is Jen aside from Brittanee, so what about the others and what are their names.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »

It seems unclear as to the relationship between Brittanee and "the guys" and "the girls"

While it is true that Peter's name is the only one of the guys being mentioned, who are the others? Were they from NY or not? The only girl we have heard about is Jen aside from Brittanee, so what about the others and what are their names.

Very good point.  Who else was there?  I asked earlier about Jen's brother, or at least a guy with the same last name. Did he spend any time with Brittanee?  Who did she hang with all week?   

This part is very interesting to me, and may explain some of Peter boys defensiveness.   He is NOT off the hook yet, and with his cockiness, he sure as hell isn't off the hook with me. 

From the Myrtle Beach Police Department, as posted on the Dr. Phil show:

“At this point in the investigation, we continue to devote our utmost attention to this case in hopes of a timely conclusion. While we have not named any persons of interest or suspects, we have not ruled anyone out. It would not be feasible on our part to do this, because we don’t know what happened.”

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2009, 10:53:20 PM »

I don't think the boy had anything to do with this either. Does anyone know who the man was that was molesting woman/girls in the elevators in local hotels that day? Was he investigated? Seems to me it would be interesting to  know who that was.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2009, 02:17:00 AM »

I don't think it is ever a good move for a member of family or friends to suggest the missing person is a runaway.  She is still missing.  Even situations which start out as running away can quickly get out of hand for a girl so young and alone.  They fall victim to crime far too often to try to make a difference like that.

It would be a terrible shock and hard to imagine her as deceased but the more time that passes, I think this is what has happened because I was sure if she could she would have made it back for her Prom.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:10 AM »

I agree that a family member should never suggest that a child is a runaway...if the parents think that or are  suggesting that as a possibility, why  would LE take it seriously that the child has been abducted? why would the public bother looking for her as hard as they would if she was abducted?
I do not think that this girl ran away...
She would have gotten in touch with someone by now if she did...jmo

tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2009, 08:05:39 AM »

I agree that a family member should never suggest that a child is a runaway...if the parents think that or are  suggesting that as a possibility, why  would LE take it seriously that the child has been abducted? why would the public bother looking for her as hard as they would if she was abducted?
In most teen disappearances , the police are usually thinking that the teen ran away and won't give much consideration to a search. Although this happens with local disappearances, Brittanee is not a local.

The step dad stated that he was the disciplinary with Britanee, but she was living with her mother.

What is interesting is she made contact with her mother and acted as if she was still in NY.

They have Britanee on video leaving the motel, I wonder if they viewed it further to see if any of the guys in the room left after she did?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: May 12, 2009, 08:31:05 AM »

In most teen disappearances , the police are usually thinking that the teen ran away and won't give much consideration to a search. Although this happens with local disappearances, Brittanee is not a local.

The step dad stated that he was the disciplinary with Britanee, but she was living with her mother.

What is interesting is she made contact with her mother and acted as if she was still in NY.

They have Britanee on video leaving the motel, I wonder if they viewed it further to see if any of the guys in the room left after she did?

I was wondering when Brittanee first left her mother's home...Dawn stated that B was really upset about not being able to go to spring break so she needed to "get away" ...so I believe that she told her mom that she was going to stay at someone else's house? I know that hindsight is 20/20 and from what Dawn stated she had never had a problem with B before...It has been a while since I had teenagers, but do parents let kids go elsewhere to "get away" with friends like that? and for how long? Do they check with the other kid's family to make sure that it is ok if your child "gets away" at their house for a few days? should it have been a red flag that B wanted to "get away" at precisely the same time that spring break was? how did B hookup with the kids that she went on spring break with if she barely knew them...<from what I have read....why was the girl so pissy about B having borrowed her shorts that B felt that she needed to leave right away to return the shorts? does anyone get that mad over someone borrowing their shorts or would you be mad but find something else to wear? unless she really didn't like B that much to begin with? jealousy?
I know that B made it sound like to her mom that she was still in her area....When did she go to MB? what would B have done if Mom had insisted by phone that she come home still thinking that B was closer to home and not on spring break?
 I am really glad that I am not raising teenagers in this day and age...it can not be an easy job....
I just have a bunch of questions on this case....but no matter how any of these questions would be answered, does not give anyone the right to take this girl and do anything harmful to her. our streets need to be safer for a woman/girl, young child to walk alone and not have the threat of being kidnapped....

tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #373 on: May 12, 2009, 08:42:33 AM »

Mine is bolded

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/878060.html

Posted on Tue, Apr. 28, 2009
Myrtle Beach police still searching for N.Y. girl
By Tonya Root
troot@thesunnews.com

Myrtle Beach police are searching for a 17-year-old missing girl from New York, who traveled to Myrtle Beach with friends then disappeared sometime Saturday.

As of Monday night, police had no answers to where Brittanee Marie Drexel of Rochester, N.Y., might be, but said the friends she traveled with from New York already have returned.

Drexel was last seen Saturday after she left her traveling companions to visit other people at another hotel. Drexel never returned, police said.

A friend at Camp Lejune, N.C., reported her missing around 5 a.m. Sunday after learning she had not been seen, police said.
Is this her friend Jen, who she was supposedly was returning the shorts to?
Drexel met a friend from New York and three men Friday at Club Kryptonite, according to a police report. She briefly met them again around midday Saturday on the beach, and again around 8 p.m. that night, police said.Is the friend Peter?

The men said she left them to return to her traveling companions, who had a room at the Bar Harbour Hotel. Police said she never reached the hotel.Can only be Peter and the guys he was watching the baseball game with.

Police said Drexel, who is described as 5 feet tall, 103 pounds, suffers from depression. She was last seen wearing black shorts, flip-flops and a multicolored striped shirt. She is white, has shoulder-length brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information should contact the Myrtle Beach police department at 918-1300.

tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2009, 08:47:23 AM »

I was wondering when Brittanee first left her mother's home...Dawn stated that B was really upset about not being able to go to spring break so she needed to "get away" ...so I believe that she told her mom that she was going to stay at someone else's house? I know that hindsight is 20/20 and from what Dawn stated she had never had a problem with B before...It has been a while since I had teenagers, but do parents let kids go elsewhere to "get away" with friends like that? and for how long? Do they check with the other kid's family to make sure that it is ok if your child "gets away" at their house for a few days? should it have been a red flag that B wanted to "get away" at precisely the same time that spring break was? how did B hookup with the kids that she went on spring break with if she barely knew them...<from what I have read....why was the girl so pissy about B having borrowed her shorts that B felt that she needed to leave right away to return the shorts? does anyone get that mad over someone borrowing their shorts or would you be mad but find something else to wear? unless she really didn't like B that much to begin with? jealousy?
I know that B made it sound like to her mom that she was still in her area....When did she go to MB?The article states that they came to MB on Wednesday what would B have done if Mom had insisted by phone that she come home still thinking that B was closer to home and not on spring break?
 I am really glad that I am not raising teenagers in this day and age...it can not be an easy job....
I just have a bunch of questions on this case....but no matter how any of these questions would be answered, does not give anyone the right to take this girl and do anything harmful to her. our streets need to be safer for a woman/girl, young child to walk alone and not have the threat of being kidnapped....

I am picking the story apart per the articles and have found a problem already.
tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2009, 08:55:28 AM »

I just saw something in HLN. A teenager is missing on spring break in Myrtle Beach. I didn't see all the details. Anyone else catch that?

Ohh.. wait. Her name is Brittney Drexel.

New York Girl

Mother distraught -

Last seen with Peter Brosley??

Some tips from Ocean Front bar and Grill - saw her Sunday afternoon having lunch.

Brosley checked out soon after.

I heard about that
and I'm very interested in how it develops

the circumstances are very similar to NH

and, as we were told so often,
nothing would come of a case like Natalee's
if a similar disappearance happened in the US

so ... we shall see

MYRTLE BEACH - The mother of a missing New York state high school student has hit the streets with friends and family to find out any information that could lead to the safe return of her daughter.

Brittanee Marie Drexel, 17, of Rochester, NY was last seen around 8 p.m. Saturday.

Drexler’s mother, Dawn Drexler, along with other family members and friends spent several hours Tuesday handing out and posting flyers of the missing teen along Ocean Boulevard.

Police are also looking for surveillance video to try to piece together where she went Saturday night.

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“ Drexel said. “It’s been almost 48 hours, and I’m really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her.“ Ok, she hasn't been seen since 8pm, but texted someone at 9:15 pm. This is possible.

Authorities handed out printed flyers of Brittanee’s picture to the beach’s watch patrol. Crews there said they are pretty heavily staffed at this time of the year, which makes it easy to do a search of any missing persons.
http://tinyurl.com/d7d85d

Webster, NY/Myrtle Beach - A young man from Webster has been questioned in the disappearance of a Chili teen in Myrtle Beach.

Police say Peter Broswick is considered a person of interest in the case. Broswick has retained a local attorney and is not speaking. Broswick was the last known person to see Brittanee Drexel Saturday night.
http://tinyurl.com/cyebg5

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2009, 09:07:01 AM »

tofindtruth...
so, B told her friends that she was staying at another hotel with some other friends? had not heard that...is that why her friends packed up and just left her there and her belongings???? how did they expect her to get back home???
what are you finding by picking apart the articles? not following but it sounds intriguing...splain please..

tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:29 AM »

I readily admit I was no angel at 20 years old. But even so - I never checked out of a hotel room at 2 am (and by "check out" - I mean the proper way - returning the keys and settling any bill). Young Mr. Broswitz appears to have just split.

Someone wanted out of Myrtle Beach quite badly.

I'm this ->  now

^^^^ ha ha! I am not sure if we should believe that one...
another thing the mom said on NG that she and her husband were going through a divorce and that Brittanee was depressed about it...It didn't mention that the dad was down there searching for B...any news of that? On the show yesterday, it appeared the step dad is somewhere else. Too bad they can't put aside their differences and work together.

The mom bothered me just a tad....can't explain it, but she did...her hair and makeup done up....not a hair out of place.......no nanners please...just sayin that she bothered me...too calm...too something.....
I noticed how calm she was too, I'm not sure if she is trying to keep it together for the camera and be strong or if it is something else.
tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2009, 09:21:50 AM »

tofindtruth...
so, B told her friends that she was staying at another hotel with some other friends? had not heard that...is that why her friends packed up and just left her there and her belongings???? how did they expect her to get back home???
what are you finding by picking apart the articles? not following but it sounds intriguing...splain please..
I am starting at page 1 on this topic and reading all the articles posted.

I did find out that the family friend is a man who is a marine stationed at Camp Lejeune. John Hahn. He is the one that filed the report at the request of Brittanee's mom.
tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2009, 09:26:04 AM »

tofindtruth...
so, B told her friends that she was staying at another hotel with some other friends? had not heard that...is that why her friends packed up and just left her there and her belongings????

It seems that Brittanee was staying with the girls , which is the hotel she was on her way to when she disappeared. Some guy by the last name Anthony is one of the guys in the hotel that she was visiting. I will find the article and paste it .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.