March 28, 2024, 02:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 722138 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2009, 12:38:26 PM »

Makes sense, Rob.  And that young, she might be thinking it's her own fault for being where she wasn't supposed to be.  That does not give anybody the right to do anything to anybody but her own guilt at sneaking to the beach is likely heavy on her mind.

Surely by now, she has seen some of the fliers and knows that everybody knows she was at the beach and she will go to the police herself if she is able to do so.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »

Where could she go that she wouldn't be recognized?  I assume any credit card activity would be monitored and she would not be carrying large sums of cash.

maybe if this is her - she was assaulted by the people in THAT hotel room (explains how her clothes are allegedly there) and she was so distraught she left?

I would call the police, but she's young and her mother didn't know where she was.

I'm still holding out hope this is her.

does the mother recognize the description of the clothing as something that B had? the hoodie description sounded very exact....

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »

I expect some Breaking News on this at any time, one way or the other.

But then, I have been wrong many times about that.  Just seems something has to give with this alleged sighting.  Also hope that car is already being searched just in case.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 12:43:54 PM »

“She would not have left without her clothes,” said Dawn, who said she and Brittanee were not arguing about her decision to go without telling her.

I guess it would be rather easy to find out if Brittanee owns a pink hoodie. Asking her mother would of course be the forst and lost logical step. I doubt any of the four boys own a pink hoodie.

Witness said she was wearing pink hoodie jacket with MB on front left chest with a blue shirt under it and light colored jeans.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 12:48:45 PM »

There is a 12:44 pm update - but it says the same things as before. So, no use posting that.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 12:52:14 PM »

Thanks, Rob,
I will have news on and BOLO for any updates and post as well should I see any.

Off to multitask.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 01:29:55 PM »

This guy at beachmonkey.com takes alot of the photos at Club Kryptonite in Myrtle Beach.  He doesn't have anything up for Friday/Saturday/Sunday of last weekend yet:

http://www.beachmonkey.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=135
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »

I expect some Breaking News on this at any time, one way or the other.

But then, I have been wrong many times about that.  Just seems something has to give with this alleged sighting.  Also hope that car is already being searched just in case.

Anna I agree this will move quickly.

My quote thought to Klaas when she sent me his image for the piece:

"he's effing Vandersloot."
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 04:16:39 PM »

Hey Monkeys,
I was reading at a link Klaas posted a few pages back. There are people so say they are local to Brit's area. Many have spoken well of the POI.  A news link was provided that released 1 of the girls' name (20 year old Jen Oberer)that traveled with Brit and at least 1 local said this girl was "bad news" (my wording).

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=352673&page=7
pink21 posted
her facebook link http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...&id=1013670465
Link to Jenn's facebook which she has pictures up from Myrtle, with Brittanee in them.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=352673&page=9
Originally Posted by aproudmom 
I think they may just need to put some pressure on this girl..for one she claims the GROUP pretty much went thier own way..doesnt say they all hung out but not any of them with BD..was there any 21 they can go hang out in clubs unlike a 17yr old.

Oberer said she last heard from Drexel, via text, about 8:45 p.m. In that message, Drexel told Oberer that she was on her way back to the motel

Later, around 2 or 2:30 a.m. Sunday after she didn't return phone calls or text messages, her friends grew concerned, said Jenn Oberer, 20, of Chili, who traveled to South Carolina with Drexel last week.

ok she had to return shorts she text this girl at 8:45 but she was not concerned about the short if true until 2 or 2:30am..
so over 5 hours no one heard back from her or they did not bother to call her and ask her if she was ok since she was suppose to return to their hotel.

Alwill978 posted

Ok..I had to step out and just getting in to catch up. I dont even know where to start with JEN Oberer...

1st - it looks like from her 55 photos she uploaded AFTER she got back from a beach trip with a girl who is NOW MISSING.....and she says she didnt spend time with her is a LIAR. Look how many photos BD is in. Also, the fact she doesnt put BD's name in any of them..is beyond words (i could find the right ones..if I could speak with JO). I hope LE checks out stuff like this..(facebook) because I think this girl knows more! Also do you see the photos of "drive home" ....looks like no one was worried...concerned....just people kissing in the back seat???

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »

I am just catching up on this case, but I see a lot of looking at the boys she was last seen with, suposedly.  Not to sound cold, but I think they need to look into her girl friends as well.  Jealousy can be a deadly weapon, especially if Brittanee was hanging out with another girls crush. 

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »

My mom has a winter home in Surfside Beach (you can see it on Klaasend's map).  During the winter she often calls home to check with me and almost always part of the conversation is the latest violent crime happening there and in the outlying areas of Horry County.  Also, Georgetown is not a tourist area.  There is not much to do and no reason to go there.  So if she is heading back to MB from Georgetown, what made her go there in the first place?  Just my two cents. Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »

Well the sighting of her today is looking more hopeful.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090429/NEWS01/90429009/-1/chili
Someone on the bus this morning called police to say that a young woman, believed to be Drexel, exited the bus near the Bar Harbor Motel in Myrtle Beach about 8:35 a.m. today, he said. A few more people confirmed the possible sighting.
snip
Knipes today said the bus on which it was believed Drexel traveled is one that transports hotel workers to Myrtle Beach. The two communities are about 40 miles apart.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 05:16:04 PM »

WOW....the Monkeys are on this fast and furious!!  Thanks....I wonder if she took up with a hotel worker? I hope the sightings are correct and this young woman is OK. 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2009, 06:48:48 PM »

“She would not have left without her clothes,” said Dawn, who said she and Brittanee were not arguing about her decision to go without telling her.

I guess it would be rather easy to find out if Brittanee owns a pink hoodie. Asking her mother would of course be the forst and lost logical step. I doubt any of the four boys own a pink hoodie.

Witness said she was wearing pink hoodie jacket with MB on front left chest with a blue shirt under it and light colored jeans.

With MB on the front of the hoody, it could be new and stand for Myrtle Beach?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 01:16:56 AM »

Did her GF's just ditch her after they changed hotels and then went home ?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2009, 03:34:47 AM »

Posted at: 04/30/2009 1:48 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 04/30/2009 1:49 AM
By: Nikki Rudd

Family and friends raise money to help find missing Chili teen

From Myrtle Beach to Rochester, family and friends of a missing Chili teenager refuse to give up. They plead for Brittanee Drexel’s safe return.     

"We just want you safe, and we want you home," cried close friend Casey Capo. "You're not in trouble. Nobody's going to be angry. We just want you to be ok."

Drexel, who went to South Carolina on spring break, hasn’t been seen since Saturday night.

But there is a glimmer of hope in the case. Police in Myrtle Beach are investigating a new lead. Passengers on a transit bus from Georgetown, South Carolina to Myrtle Beach Wednesday morning, reported seeing some one who matched her description get off the bus on Ocean Boulevard, so far the search has turned up nothing.

Family and friends of the Gates-Chili junior, who are in Rochester, are doing what they can to help. Right now that means raising money.

"Excuse me sir, would you like to donate money to help find Brittanee Drexel?" asked Capo of Brockport.

Capo won't stop until her friend is home. She organized Wednesday's fundraiser at the Wal-Mart in Gates.

"We're trying to send money down to the family so it's one less thing to worry about," Capo said.

"This is family and support helping out," said Brittanee's dad Chad Drexel. "Anything we can do to get Brittanee back home."

Drexel stayed in Rochester to take care of Brittanee's siblings while her mom is down in Myrtle Beach searching.

“I'm a person that doesn't give up," said Drexel. "Until it's determined, I don't give up."

Neither is Capo. She believes Brittanee is out there and maybe afraid to come home.

"Brit come home," she pleaded. "We all miss you. We all love you. We all care about you."

Brittanee's grandmother Linda Wolpert also came out to the fundraiser.

"It's very hard for all of us," said Wolpert. "I don't think Brittanee would ever forget her family. I don't. It's just not Brittanee."

For her friends the fundraiser is a way to cope. It's also a way for the community to come together. Karen Salem of Chili donated her dollars. Her daughter goes to school with Brittanee's younger sister.

"If we can't physically be there maybe our money and prayers can help together," said Salem. "This is every parent's worst nightmare."

And this father is determined to bring Brittanee back.

"It's my daughter," said Drexel. "It's my little girl."

"She's out there," added Capo. "She needs to be found. We all want her home. We all want her to be safe."

Wednesday night they raised more than $1,303.97. All that money will be wired to Myrtle Beach on Thursday to help out with expenses down there.

Family and friends will continue to raise funds until Brittanee comes home. They plan to be back out at the Gates Wal-Mart from 5:30 to dark Thursday night and the same time next week Monday through Thursday.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website, www.whec.com

+++

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »

With MB on the front of the hoody, it could be new and stand for Myrtle Beach?

That's what I was thinking....   She may have bought the hoodie when she got done there as a souvenir - therefore, her mom wouldn't recognize it.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2009, 08:45:04 AM »

I am just catching up on this case, but I see a lot of looking at the boys she was last seen with, suposedly.  Not to sound cold, but I think they need to look into her girl friends as well.  Jealousy can be a deadly weapon, especially if Brittanee was hanging out with another girls crush. 

I agree with you Dolce.   Her girl friends could very well be involved in this, or know what's really going on with B.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 09:37:13 AM »

Also, they show 2 different hair colors on Brittanee...was she blonde or brunette when she disappeared?
hope that they find her....this has really been a long time though without any contact with even friends...however, that can happen...she may be feeling like she is going to be in big trouble and it was said by her mom that she has been depressed lately because her parents are divorcing....maybe she wanted some time to work things out in her mind? hope that she is ok....she seems like she is a really sweet good kid!

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2009, 10:01:28 AM »

Agree Cookie.   Maybe she didn't want to go home.   If mom and dad are divorcing, and mom is out partying now - and B has to babysit all the time, then maybe she just decided to split and have fun.    Her mom did say that she is the oldest of her children.   Did she ever say how many other children were in the household?   Her mom looks like a partyer to me.  just sayin....    I sure hope no foul play is involved.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.