April 26, 2024, 02:36:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 725201 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: May 12, 2009, 12:18:44 PM »

Sometimes the contradictions are due to poor reporting rather than what was said.  That only makes the confusion worse.  Sometime it is good to have it from at least two sources before taking something reported as a fact.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2009, 12:25:23 PM »

sweet little sister...
this brings to light that most of the focus/sympathy goes to the parents of the missing child.. little attention is given to the  siblings of a missing child, how they are feeling, how they are coping...what they are going through as well as the parents....sad for the whole family indeed!

With the Natalee Holloway case, we were all aware of the suffering of her brother Matt.  However, it just seems better to keep the glare of publicity off these youngsters.  Some of it is usually going to turn hostile at some point or other.  Their lives are in turmoil already without being put in a fishbowl of sorts while trying to continue with attending school and interacting with their friends.

But,yes, the sisters certainly deserve as much supsport as possible but think it better go keep that low key in their instance as this is just so much to put on kids like this.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2009, 05:37:16 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10347239

Missing teen's family says they won't leave

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - The search may be called off, but family members of a missing teen say they're not giving up hope or going home to New York just yet.

Brittanee Drexel, 17, was vacationing in Myrtle Beach when she disappeared on April 25. A tip led Myrtle Beach Police and two community groups - the CUE Center for Missing Persons and the Laura Recovery Center - to Georgetown County, but after days of searching with no results, volunteers stopped the active search.

Now, the family says they want to stay in the area to search, but they only have a place to stay until Friday. The family says that if you want to help, you can by visiting www.helpfindbrittanee.com.

The Drexel family says it's been a rough weekend for them. Brittanee missed her high school prom on Saturday, and on Sunday, Brittanee's mom, Dawn Drexel, spent Mother's Day without her daughter, and without her other children who are still in New York.

"I do miss them. I want them here with me, as much as I want Brittanee with me," Dawn Drexel explained. "They're asking, 'Did you find Brittanee yet?' I have to tell them no, and that we're still looking for her."

The family says they hope to stay in the Myrtle Beach area until they are able to return home with Brittanee.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2009, 11:16:07 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10347239

Missing teen's family says they won't leave

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - The search may be called off, but family members of a missing teen say they're not giving up hope or going home to New York just yet.

Brittanee Drexel, 17, was vacationing in Myrtle Beach when she disappeared on April 25. A tip led Myrtle Beach Police and two community groups - the CUE Center for Missing Persons and the Laura Recovery Center - to Georgetown County, but after days of searching with no results, volunteers stopped the active search.

Now, the family says they want to stay in the area to search, but they only have a place to stay until Friday. The family says that if you want to help, you can by visiting www.helpfindbrittanee.com.

The Drexel family says it's been a rough weekend for them. Brittanee missed her high school prom on Saturday, and on Sunday, Brittanee's mom, Dawn Drexel, spent Mother's Day without her daughter, and without her other children who are still in New York.

"I do miss them. I want them here with me, as much as I want Brittanee with me," Dawn Drexel explained. "They're asking, 'Did you find Brittanee yet?' I have to tell them no, and that we're still looking for her."

The family says they hope to stay in the Myrtle Beach area until they are able to return home with Brittanee.

Thank you for the update. Prayers for the family and Brittanee.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: May 13, 2009, 07:45:04 AM »

Yep...prayers for the family and Brittanee...

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #405 on: May 13, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »

Posted at: 05/12/2009 11:18 PM
Updated at: 05/13/2009 8:44 AM
By: Nikki Rudd

Missing teen: Dancing for Drexel

Dancing to deal with a disappearance. Family and friends came together Tuesday night at a dance concert to support the search for a missing Chili teen. Brittanee Drexel was last seen April 25th while on spring break in Myrtle Beach.

Brittanee's little sister Myrissa Drexel performed at the concert hoping to help bring her sister home. News 10NBC was at Gates Chili High School for the benefit for Brittanee.

Myrissa Drexel was kickin' it old school Tuesday night dancing to an old Boyz to Men song.

"It's just awesome how everybody's here supporting us," Myrissa said. She was just one of dozens of dancers from studios across the area. All of them came together to support Brittanee.

"Without them we couldn't do it," said the missing teen's father Chad Drexel. "We'd be lost in the shuffle."

Drexel and his family continue to be amazed by the support from the community.

"The community's blown us away with the amount of love and support they've given us," said Chad Drexel. "There's no words to say other than, 'Thank you so much.'"

The search for Brittanee continues to get national attention. Brittanee's mom Dawn Drexel appeared on Tuesday night's edition of "Nancy Grace" on CNN.

"So they're working as hard as they can," said Dawn Drexel of the Myrtle Beach Police Department.

While they're working back here in Rochester people are praying. Dawn Drexel's co-workers from EBS RMSCO organized a special mass Tuesday night at Saint Helen's Church in Gates.

"I just want to help Dawn and the family out in any possible way I can," said co-worker Jennifer DiMaggio.

"Of course, we're all praying for Brittanee to come home safe and sound," added Dawn's director at work Karen Nicholson.

Back at Gates-Chili High School the evening ended with a special solo dance by Brittanee's little sister Myrissa. She danced to the song, "Somewhere Out There."

"I know that if she sees this she will be happy, and hopefully that will bring her home," said Myrissa.

Upcoming Events/Fundraisers:

Candlelight Vigil for Brittanee Drexel
Saturday, May 16 at 7:30 p.m.
Gates Chili High School
*The Drexel family is in need of candles for the vigil. If you have candles you would like to donate, please call 232-1010*

Dinner Fundraiser
Sunday, May 17 from 12 p.m. To 7 p.m.
Alfanos Restaurant in Greece 1245 Lee Road
$20/person
Food, drinks, raffles, darts, pool table and DJ

Pasta Dinner Fundraiser
Friday, May 22 from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
St. Helen's Church in Gates
310 Hinchey Road

http://bit.ly/wdie9

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2009, 12:32:37 PM »

Not sure if this was posted or not...

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S925365.shtml

Boyfriend of missing Chili teen reacts to Dr. Phil show  

The boyfriend of missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel is just back from Myrtle Beach. John Grieco says he did not watch the Dr. Phil show and he's not thrilled about this kind of national exposure. 

Grieco says he is thankful for all the media coverage of Brittanee's disappearance, but questions if the Dr. Phil show provides the kind of help that's needed right now.

“I believe the talk shows may hinder the search,” he said.

John Grieco made a conscious decision not watch the Dr. Phil show. Grieco is consumed with finding Brittanee. She has been his girlfriend for two and a half years.

He says talk shows focus on emotion and opinion. “The opinions of family members and friends is only hindering the search. My opinion varies from everyone else’s opinion. And of course I believe I know her better than her family, and family believes they know her better than I know her. It all comes down to the facts.”

As Grieco sees it, a beautiful loving, girl is missing. He has been in Myrtle Beach for most of the last two weeks helping to search for Brittanee. He wants to see search efforts be redirected and doesn't want viewers to get caught up in her parents’ opinions or theories, and lose sight of what he says is important.

He says, “I believe the nation should know that Brittanee’s a sweet girl. She loved everybody and she's just an overall amazing person and they should not build opinions on my opinions, her father's opinion, or her mother's opinion. It should be there's a beautiful, sweet-hearted girl out there missing, plain and simple.”

Grieco is convinced Brittanee has been abducted and says he will not stop searching for her. He's home now to take care of some business and figure out his next move.

leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2009, 12:53:16 PM »

I did not realize her and the bf had been going together for 2 years! I thought maybe she just ran away but am now thinking abduction/murder. Unless of course she took the easy way out of breaking off the relationship by running away ( yet who would do that BEFORE prom?). Then again why even go to Myrtle Beach if her bf wasn't going? Has the bf been questioned? Was he in NY? I am just thinking if it was an abusive/possessive relationship he may have high tailed it down there to get her...and things got ugly. Man why am I always suspicious, sometimes reading about all these crimes is a detriment
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2009, 01:50:06 PM »

I read the partial transcript from the show, I feel badly for the parents. The dad seems in denial and the mom is just worried about who is caring for her daughter.
It just doesn't make any sense that Brittanee ran away. I think the mom made good points about her cloths, make-up, hair things...From the pictures of her you can see she was into that.
I wonder if her boyfriend knew she was going to NC? Doesn't sound like it. Seems like Brittanee did what many 17 year olds do who are just about to graduate, try to be an adult when in all actually they are still kids. This is the worse way to learn that lesson. I pray she is ok and will be returned to her family soon.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »

I took the liberty to go back throught every artlicle on Brittanee and confirm information that we have from two or more sources.  It was so hard for me to tell what was fact and what was speculation.  Here is a synopsis of what I could verify from them.  Please feel free to add to it:

Brittanee Marie Drexel-what we KNOW

Brittanee Marie Drexel is a 17yo from Chili, NY a suburb of Rochester, NY, DOB 10/7/1991

Britanee is a Junior at Gates-Chili HS

People connected to this case:
Dawn Drexel- Brittanee’s mom…unaware of her daughter’s trip to MB.  Last contact   w/Brittanee 2:25 on 4/25/09 about soccer cleats
Chad Drexel- Brittanee’s step father
John Kahyaoglu-Brittanee’s biological father lives in Tampa, FL
Linda Wolpert-Brittanee’s grandmother
John Grieco-Brittanee’s boyfriend dating over a year
John Hahn-friend of the Drexel family stationed at Camp Lejuene, first reported Brittanee missing, discovered that she was missing through a call of concern from John Grieco
Jen Oberer-last person to have cell contact with B-text at 8:45pm on 4/25/09 that she was returning to girls hotel room at Bar Harbor Hotel 101 N. Ocean Blvd
Pete Broswitz, Phillip Watson, Matthew Abrams and Keith Cummings-Boy’s staying at Blue Water Resort, 2001 S. Ocean Blvd last known to see Brittanee as she left to go back to Bar Harbor Hotel
John Parinello-attorney for PB

Left for MB on Wednesday April 22, 2009 without permission from Dawn thought she was staying with friends in Rochester NY area. 

Video surveillance puts her leaving Blue Water Resort aprox 8:40 on 4/25/09

Video surveillance of her walking southbound on Ocean Blvd 8:15pm 4/25/09 (toward Blue Water from Bar Harbor?)

Brittanee suffers from depression and takes the medication Cilatopram

Last spoke with John Grieco around 8:00pm on 4/25/09 via cell.  He texted her 9:16pm and she didn’t respond.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »

Note** the address of Bar Harbor Hotel is sometimes listed at 1010 N. Ocean Blvd--even on www.helpfindbrittanee.com --on the hotel website it is listed as 100 N. Ocean Blvd http://www.bar-harbor.com/

Edit to fix link per Lovinlife

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:00:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »

Thank you Lovinlife for the breakdown of who's who. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: May 13, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »

Thank you Lovinlife for the breakdown of who's who. 
YW tofindtruth...there are alot of things that have been discussed and I believe them to be true but I could not confirm, thus just speculation.  For example Chad & Dawn are getting a divorce and home is in forclosure...LE inspected and cleared auto that PB & friends took to MB...still so many unanswered questions.

tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #413 on: May 13, 2009, 03:08:38 PM »

I agree, too many unanswered questions. I'm not getting a good feeling on this. I am going to go to Ocean Blvd tomorrow morning after the kids go to school and walk this journey that she did and time it for myself.

Looking at the surveilance video, it appears to be light outside, which contradicts the time given. It could be lighting inside the hotel but I need to see for myself.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: May 13, 2009, 03:15:34 PM »

I'm beginning to wonder about the boyfriend John Grieco.   

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=69123240&albumId=476562

Look at the photos on his site and read the comments:

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #415 on: May 13, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »

I'm beginning to wonder about the boyfriend John Grieco.   

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=69123240&albumId=476562

Look at the photos on his site and read the comments:

Hmmmm, gangster wannabee?

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #416 on: May 13, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »

He looks like a typical "jock" to me, but then again thats just my opinion.  He is not lacking in the looks department, I will say that much!

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: May 13, 2009, 04:30:55 PM »

He looks like a typical "jock" to me, but then again thats just my opinion.  He is not lacking in the looks department, I will say that much!
True Dolce, but do you think, reading the other boys comments, that perhaps Brittanee crossed the line by going to the other boys hotel room and maybe she was taught a lesson?

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #418 on: May 13, 2009, 04:33:20 PM »

Not sure if this was posted or not...

http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S925365.shtml

Boyfriend of missing Chili teen reacts to Dr. Phil show  

The boyfriend of missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel is just back from Myrtle Beach. John Grieco says he did not watch the Dr. Phil show and he's not thrilled about this kind of national exposure. 

Grieco says he is thankful for all the media coverage of Brittanee's disappearance, but questions if the Dr. Phil show provides the kind of help that's needed right now.

“I believe the talk shows may hinder the search,” he said.

John Grieco made a conscious decision not watch the Dr. Phil show. Grieco is consumed with finding Brittanee. She has been his girlfriend for two and a half years.

He says talk shows focus on emotion and opinion. “The opinions of family members and friends is only hindering the search. My opinion varies from everyone else’s opinion. And of course I believe I know her better than her family, and family believes they know her better than I know her. It all comes down to the facts.”

As Grieco sees it, a beautiful loving, girl is missing. He has been in Myrtle Beach for most of the last two weeks helping to search for Brittanee. He wants to see search efforts be redirected and doesn't want viewers to get caught up in her parents’ opinions or theories, and lose sight of what he says is important.

He says, “I believe the nation should know that Brittanee’s a sweet girl. She loved everybody and she's just an overall amazing person and they should not build opinions on my opinions, her father's opinion, or her mother's opinion. It should be there's a beautiful, sweet-hearted girl out there missing, plain and simple.”

Grieco is convinced Brittanee has been abducted and says he will not stop searching for her. He's home now to take care of some business and figure out his next move.

I must say that I agree with him.  I do not get any realy hinky feeling about this guy, not as I do with her suposed "friends". 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #419 on: May 13, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »

True Dolce, but do you think, reading the other boys comments, that perhaps Brittanee crossed the line by going to the other boys hotel room and maybe she was taught a lesson?
Its a possibility, but I do not think so.  If she were afraid of her BF or had any indication that it could be crossing a line then she would not have gone in the first place out of fear of what he might think.
She has been with this guy for 2.5 years, and he is not small by any means.  I just wonder if she had not fallen into a pattern of being "comfortable" and feeling "safe" because she was with this guy and he was always her big "protector" that while out and about she let her guard down a bit.  I dont know, but I just dont believe that BF had anything to do with this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.