April 26, 2024, 07:31:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 725183 times)
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: May 14, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »

Hoping for update on this sighting but a lot of people would fit Brittanee's "description" so not too hopeful on this one especially with the use of the ATM machine, etc. as I am sure LE would be monitoring that continually.

That's what I thinking too.  I sure wish it was her, though.
The free standing ATM machines normally found in convenience stores many times do not have cameras.  I do not use them for that very reason.

Wow...I never realized that.  Thanks for sharing that, Dolce!!

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #441 on: May 14, 2009, 02:15:42 PM »

Hoping for update on this sighting but a lot of people would fit Brittanee's "description" so not too hopeful on this one especially with the use of the ATM machine, etc. as I am sure LE would be monitoring that continually.

The free standing ATM machines normally found in convenience stores many times do not have cameras.  I do not use them for that very reason.

Wow...I never realized that.  Thanks for sharing that, Dolce!!

They do not house them in the free standing ATM due to the security cameras normally being within the manned store.  Many do not realize that, unfortunately many theives who take debit and credit cards do know that.  (Info from my father who is a Sheriff)

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #442 on: May 14, 2009, 02:30:08 PM »

Hey Little Monkey...I don't have any suggestions, but I would like your opinion on why Brit wanted to go to MB without her family or close friends.  Maybe I'm wrong, but from my understanding she really didn't know the girls she road with all that well.  I hope LE has checked computers, etc. to see if she was talking with someone online and going to meet up with them in MB.  I know things are very different today for young people, but with what we know, her trip doesn't really make sense to me.
I will have to reach pretty far back into my memory bank to recall what it was like to be 17yo. lol. Parents driving you nuts, siblings driving you nuts, school driving you nuts, boyfriend driving you nuts?  Ahhh yes, it's all coming back to me.  Plus, if B was suffering from depression she might have felt overwhelmed like everything closing in and felt a need to get a break.  Her friend of a friend might have mentioned they needed another person to split the gas & hotel expense with and it sounded like a good idea at the time.  Total speculation on my part and all JMO.  Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: May 14, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »

I wasn't thinking of a camera but of Brittanee's bank account being monitored by her bank to notify LE immediately of any transactions.  And if the transaction was on someone else's account, it would be easy and should be very fast to locate that person and verify that they used their ATM card, etc. if just a vacationer.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: May 14, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »

If she were with someone who was helping to hide her, wouldn't that person have been the one to get out of the car instead of Brittanee?  But who knows with kids so young.  Maybe she felt safe?

By now the SC Highway Patrol should have spotted this vehicle or have more information on it such as to whom the tags registered, etc.  Hopefully something is going on behind the scenes? 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #445 on: May 14, 2009, 03:13:23 PM »

I wasn't thinking of a camera but of Brittanee's bank account being monitored by her bank to notify LE immediately of any transactions.  And if the transaction was on someone else's account, it would be easy and should be very fast to locate that person and verify that they used their ATM card, etc. if just a vacationer.

I agree!

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: May 14, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »

Did anyone notice on the myspace profile page he had put he was married?

He is not married, right? maybe he meant taken, or he and Brittanee had plans to marry? 

I don't think he had anything to do with this. Did he know she was going down there? From what I understand no.

I really think Brittanee was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was taken by a person who either didn't know her or had seen her at the club she was at.

The group of girls  Brittanee was hanging with? typical stuck up, party gals, selfish and only thinking of themselves, boys and their next party place. The boys she met up with? Young and stupid. In my opinion, nothing equals they would have her vanish.  But who knows...
It makes me suspcious about the girls she went with because it was said that they weren't her close friends, just some girls she knew so I got the impression Britney was just getting a ride with them but not hanging around them once she was down there, but I don't know.  But the thing that makes me suspcious about those girls was that one of them called Brit to come back to the motel to  give her back her black shorts.  It sounds to me almost like some sort of set up.  Did Peter call Brit to come to his hotel and then those girls call Brit back to their hotel and had an ambush set up somewhere inbetween??  That's what it sounds like to me.
Very possible..or just the fact she wasn't one of their BFF's that they really didn't pay any attention or keep an eye out for her.  But who would think yu would abjuct someone 8:15 on a fairly busy street...it almost had to be more then one person or someone she casually knew...17 year olds not to get in the car with strangers.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »

Police Determine Look-Alike Is Not Missing New York Teen Who Vanished in Myrtle Beach

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520194,00.html
John Anthony
Scared Monkey

« Reply #448 on: May 14, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »

Unfortunately it was not Brittanee.  To clarify some of the other post, her BF did recommend her going to M.B. to get away and clear her mind.  He has also spent weeks down in M.B. handing out flyers, he has nothing to do with this. 

Very demoralizing the false sighting today.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: May 14, 2009, 07:07:26 PM »

Unfortunately it was not Brittanee.  To clarify some of the other post, her BF did recommend her going to M.B. to get away and clear her mind.  He has also spent weeks down in M.B. handing out flyers, he has nothing to do with this. 

It's sad.  I so wish they would find something, even her phone.  Something that would give them the break they need.  IMO there is no way Brittanee was a runaway.  I'm really sorry her step dad even suggested it.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #450 on: May 14, 2009, 07:25:10 PM »

Police Determine Look-Alike Is Not Missing New York Teen Who Vanished in Myrtle Beach

I was really hoping this would lead to something. 

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #451 on: May 14, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »

Hi, I dont remember seeing or hearing that BF recommended she go to M B - do you have a link?

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #452 on: May 15, 2009, 12:44:59 AM »

Uggg I was reading with such anticipation. I am so sorry this was not her. I hope her mom didn't hear about this, can you imagine? I feel so horrible for the parents, I just cannot imagine not knowing where my child was.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: May 15, 2009, 09:24:15 AM »

I had thought that I read that her bf didn't know that she had gone on spring break?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: May 15, 2009, 09:26:39 AM »

I had thought that I read that her bf didn't know that she had gone on spring break?

edited to say,,,,that originally bf didn't know...had not heard before that bf had told her to go....
most boyfriend at that age would not encourage their gf to go on spring break without them would they?

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: May 15, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »

There are usually false sightings in missing persons cases.  Some people seem to really think they see the person missing in one location or another but it has to be devastating for the family.

When Natalee Holloway was missing in Aruba, the Aruban LE seemed to like to sort of play tricks on her mother and pretend they had found her when in fact it was a forty years old, things like that.  At least these should be sincere people trying to help even if the leads turn out to be false.

We have always called it the emotional roller coaster here at SM as that is what it feels like to be so hopeful than have the hope dashed and plunge to the bottom of despair when it turns out to be a false lead.

But devastating as they are, even the false leads keep the story in the major media and her on the minds of people who might actually find a clue or two.

My heart prays for her safe return but my head thinks it is not likely after so much time has passed now.  Another weekend rolling around and not so much as a trace of evidence.  I fear the worst as does her mother.

PERSONA NON GRATA

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #456 on: May 17, 2009, 11:27:38 AM »

Just popping in to see if there are any updates, sorry I have nothing to add.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #457 on: May 18, 2009, 04:13:16 PM »

Just popping in to see if there are any updates, sorry I have nothing to add.
I am with you A1.  How sad.  I was hoping this would be one that was easily solved, but it does not seem to be going in that direction.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #458 on: May 18, 2009, 09:10:02 PM »

Brittanee's Myspace?  http://www.myspace.com/brittylush

Is this Brittanee or some sick joke? http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=cmVnaXN0cmF0aW9uX3Byb2ZpbGUmdXNlcmlkPTI3NDE5Nzk=&allofem=y

Is this Brittanee?

I think something went very wrong in MB and I think her "friends" know more than they're saying.  Can someone who is myspace literate help out? TIA, lovinlife

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:52 PM »

John Hahn's Myspace?  http://www.myspace.com/hahn83

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.