April 24, 2024, 05:49:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 724931 times)
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #540 on: July 22, 2009, 02:09:47 PM »

Unbelievable that there is no progress on this liuttle girl.   It is nearly impossible for someone to just vanish without being seen on camera these days.  Amazing.  We need to find her.
In Metro Phoenix we have speed cameras. One of the interesting things is that they record for 3months continually. If there are speed cameras it would have been possible that LE may have a recording somewhere in that city to match the approx. time she left the hotel.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: July 22, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »

BUMP

Was searching around and found this:  it's a list of webcams in SC, some are on buildings and some are SCDOT.  http://www.sciway.net/ccr/webcams.html#georgetown-sc-web-cams

Maybe they'll have some luck picking something up on one of these?

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #542 on: July 22, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »

It was a valid idea on May 1st. Did LE view those possibilities?  Unfortunately, most cameras have only a few months worth of data stored before they are copied over.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: July 22, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »

It was a valid idea on May 1st. Did LE view those possibilities?  Unfortunately, most cameras have only a few months worth of data stored before they are copied over.
I don't know Kiwi, but sure would like to...time's a waisting for this poor young lady.  News of a new lead from ten days ago and nothing yet from that.  I've even looked up MB & Roc Topix and no one is even talking about it, except bashing the mother apparently. 

Prayers for Brittanee!

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #544 on: July 27, 2009, 01:46:22 AM »

I've been following the missing person's case of Brittanee Drexel from the beginning and at the moment this whole thing has me confused.

An investigator said there are details in this case that he's never seen before or something to that effect and that he is certain Brittanee is still alive so that's good. 

Somethings in this case really bother me. The story her gal friends are giving out just doesn't work for me. There are too many 'holes' in it IMO.

I just hope that new leads keep coming in and that Brittanee is returned home ASAP. It's been so long.

Just about everyday I google Brittanee's name for news updates. Looks like there was one about 5 hours ago. Here it is:

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/brittanee_drexels_grandmother_heading_home/66022/

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: July 27, 2009, 03:37:51 AM »

Praying for Brittanee, her family, and friends.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: July 27, 2009, 04:34:11 PM »

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=329179
MB Spring Breaker missing for three months
By Mola Lenghi
Saturday, July 25, 2009 at 11:50 p.m.
Saturday marked exactly three months since a 17 year old teenager from New York disappeared in Myrtle Beach while on spring break.

Three months later, Brittanee Drexel remains missing. She was last seen, Saturday night, April 25th in Myrtle Beach, leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard.

Her cell phone last gave off a signal on the Charleston--Georgetown County line the night she disappeared.

A handful of police and missing persons agencies have been working together in the search -- from Myrtle Beach police all the way down to Charleston County.

In June, Drexel was featured on America's Most Wanted Missing Persons segment. Police say tips and potential sightings come in every day and the search has taken authorities across the entire country.

Myrtle Beach police say teen disappearances on the Grand Strand, unfortunately, are not unusual. Though, they add that Drexel's case is different than any other, but won't release why.

If you have any information, you're asked to call Myrtle Beach Police at (843) 918-1382.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: July 27, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/brittanee_drexels_grandmother_heading_home/66022/
Brittanee Drexel’s grandmother heading home

(video also available)

By Landon Sears
Digital Journalist
Published: July 26, 2009

Brittanee Drexel’s grandmother, Carol Wagner, says she plans on returning home to Rochester, N.Y. on August 22nd.

Wagner has been in Myrtle Beach, looking for her missing granddaughter, since April 26th.

“Brittanee’s little brother is going to be six-years-old in about three weeks and he wants us home for his birthday,“ Wagner said.

Drexel, 17, hasn’t been seen in the past three months, since she was in Myrtle Beach vacationing with her friends.

“I just think somebody has just abducted her and just taken her against her will,“ Wagner said.

Myrtle Beach police say they’ve received hundreds of tips since Drexel disappeared from the Blue Water Resort. None of those tips have led to Drexel.

Wagner says she thinks someone knows where Drexel is but has not come forward with that information.

“Somebody knows she got into a vehicle. Somebody must have seen her on the 25th, the day she went missing, between 8 at night or 9:30 because that last cell phone ping was in McClellanville. We just don’t know if somebody took the cell phone and threw it and took her in the opposite direction. We just don’t know where she is,“ said Wagner.

Wagner spent the weekend passing out fliers at the Walmart in Surfside Beach. She says she’ll continue to hand out fliers and ask people to look for Drexel until she returns home.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: July 29, 2009, 02:07:24 PM »

"They add that Drexel's case is different than any other, but won't release why."

At this stage .. That is a crime in itself...
All cards should be on the table and ALL Information available too.
ALL Ego's should have been left at the door.
I believe that many times investigators and prosicutors ARE the reasons why crimes do not get solved.
jmho
tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #549 on: July 30, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »

The statement by the investigator has left questions with everyone.

Some of her friends or aquaintences lead interesting lives.

One of her friends is running BD's original myspace account and the mother might not know the account exists.
tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #550 on: July 30, 2009, 09:56:29 AM »

Prayer for Those Whose Loved Ones Are Missing
Loving God, the hope and protector of all humankind; bless those whose loved ones are missing. The agony of not knowing whether someone is living or dead is a daily torture. The uncertainty of life’s future relationships hangs in limbo. Hope rides a roller coaster. Yet each day must be lived. Give unto your people the blessing of your grace that they may face each day with courage and hope. Guard their families from further danger and harm and hold them in the blessing of your love. Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson

Source: Adapted from "Prayers of Our Hearts" © 1991 Vienna Cobb Anderson. Reprinted with the permission of the author.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #551 on: July 30, 2009, 06:24:01 PM »

"They add that Drexel's case is different than any other, but won't release why."

At this stage .. That is a crime in itself...
All cards should be on the table and ALL Information available too.
ALL Ego's should have been left at the door.
I believe that many times investigators and prosicutors ARE the reasons why crimes do not get solved.
jmho

In this particular case I agree with you.

Many people are following this case and hoping for a happy ending.

I'm wondering if LE is holding things back as a way to bait potential suspect(s) IF Brittanee is no longer with us.

It's been so long since they last released any statements though. It's mind numbing.

I'm praying for Britt's family!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: July 31, 2009, 05:40:55 PM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1060774.shtml?cat=566

Team Hope training this weekend to help families of missing children

Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel has been missing since April 25 when she disappeared while on spring break in Myrtle Beach. As one can imagine, it has taken an enormous emotional toll on her family but there are programs designed to help families just like the Drexels.

“January 26, 1999 my 17-year-ld son Tommy didn't return home.” Vicky Kelly knows all too well what the Drexel family is going through. For the last 10 years she has only wondered what happened to her 17 year old son. “For a year and a half years we searched. We searched wells, we searched every cave, every creek every road we could think of on horses. A year and a half later, my son's skull was recovered.”

Kelly joined Team Hope, a program sponsored by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. She helps people like the Chili family of missing teen Brittanee Drexel. She has been assigned to work with the Drexels. “98-percent of kids are found and we're here to support them through this nightmare that has come true for them.”

Like Kelly, Rochester resident Ahmad Rivasfar knows all too well what that feels like. Twenty years ago his daughter Sara was raped and murdered. He too is a member of team hope. He wishes this program had existed years ago, but he's thankful he can pass along his wisdom to others. “Friends family, law enforcement, everybody has great intentions to help a family going through their struggles but you can't even understand the scope, the magnitude of their pain, for someone who's experienced it's easy to understand.”

The training is going on all weekend at the national center. Thirty-five people are signed up. A total of 300 people have been trained through Team Hope.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website www.whec.com.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #553 on: July 31, 2009, 05:45:01 PM »

Brittanee Drexel look alike grabs attention By Mola Lenghi
Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 11:53 p.m.

More than three months after a 17 year old girl from New York disappeared while on spring break in Myrtle Beach police say they continue to follow up on regular tips and leads into the Brittanee Drexel search only to come up short.

But one local teen's unmistakable resemblance has had many people believing they've spotted Drexel.

Miranda Flinchum says she gets stopped, questioned, and stared at almost everywhere she goes and it's because she looks so much like Brittanee Drexel.

On April 25th, 17 year old spring breaker Brittanee Drexel walked out of the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach and hasn't been seen since.

Although, Miranda Flinchum says, she experiences a Brittanee Drexel sighting almost every time she goes out.

"Two mornings ago I went to breakfast with my friend and the waitress asked if, said I looked just like her and then last week at McDonald's it happened. Then a couple of nights ago at Wal-Mart," recalled Flinchum, a high school student at St. James High School.

Miranda's mother, Debbie, fields phone calls from friends and family whenever Drexel's picture is seen on TV or posters.

Recalling the first time she saw Drexel's picture on television, Miranda's mother, Debbie said, "I got a phone call, and then I got another phone call and I probably had about, probably 20 phone calls within 30 minutes, wondering if that was my daughter because she looked so identical."

So identical, Debbie questioned it herself.

"When I saw the picture I actually went in to make sure that my daughter was in and safe in her room," said Debbie.

"It has been weird," admitted Miranda, "Everybody asking is me and saying I look just like her, and it's been sad, you know, they can't find her. People think it's me and they get hope when they see me," she continued.

"Having my daughter tell me that she's always stared at and pictures are taken of her, it just breaks my heart to know that someone's missing their daughter and she looks so much like mine," Debbie said.

But while Miranda may look like Brittanee Drexel, she is not Brittanee Drexel. And Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel, continues searching for her daughter.

"I'm just thankful everyday when I see my daughter's face, and hopefully one day (Brittanee's) mother will be able to see her daughter's face," said Debbie.

The Flitchum's added, all the attention her daughter Miranda gets proves something -- people out there remember what Brittanee Drexel looks like and they haven't forgotten that she's still missing.

Authorities say the search for Drexel has not let up. If you have any information -- you're asked to call police at (843) 918 1382.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=331381

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #554 on: July 31, 2009, 07:11:29 PM »

Prayers for Brittanee.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #555 on: July 31, 2009, 09:37:25 PM »

Egads! That is a striking, yet frightening resemblance! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #556 on: August 04, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »

Just checking in with well wishes to the Drexel family.

I keep hoping that the MB LE will update the public on this case. I think there's a lot going on right now that they're not saying.

Come home safe, Brittanee.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: August 07, 2009, 01:12:46 PM »

Missing teen's family to return home
Posted: Aug 06, 2009 7:24 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 06, 2009 8:08 PM EDT

By Laura Thomas - bio | email

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - After months of searching, the family of a missing New York teen will soon be returning home.

17-year-old Brittanee Drexel was vacationing in Myrtle Beach back in April when she went missing.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10862750
Since her disappearance, Drexel's family has been helping to look for the teen by passing out flyers to businesses across the area and hitting local events, looking for tips on the teen's whereabouts.

Dealing with the pain, that no grandparent should have to face, Al and Carol Wagner packed their minivan Thursday, preparing to leave at the beginning of next week.

"It's gonna be hard to leave Brittanee behind," said Carol, with tears in her eyes.

"It's gonna be tough to leave here," explained Al.

The Wagners say there are still many questions about their granddaughter's disappearance.  They say they think someone can answer them, and believe in their hearts she is still alive.

"I think she's being held against her will. If they do have her, I hope they see what we're going through and just turn her back over to us. I mean, she's precious to our family," said Carol.

The Wagners say they can't name every one who's helped them with this search, because the list is far too long. As they return home, they say part of them will be missing.

"We left a piece behind. We're gonna pull through, but Brittanee, grandma and grandpa love you, so much, please, if anybody knows anything, please let us know," cried Carol.

The Wagners say the most important thing is for their granddaughter's name and picture to stay at the front of people's minds.

On Thursday, the Wagner family says someone has agreed to donate a billboard and vinyl to help keep Brittanee's presence in the Grand Strand and to let people know that the search for the teen continues.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #558 on: August 08, 2009, 07:12:34 AM »

Missing teen's family to return home
Posted: Aug 06, 2009 7:24 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 06, 2009 8:08 PM EDT

By Laura Thomas - bio | email

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - After months of searching, the family of a missing New York teen will soon be returning home.

17-year-old Brittanee Drexel was vacationing in Myrtle Beach back in April when she went missing.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10862750
Since her disappearance, Drexel's family has been helping to look for the teen by passing out flyers to businesses across the area and hitting local events, looking for tips on the teen's whereabouts.

Dealing with the pain, that no grandparent should have to face, Al and Carol Wagner packed their minivan Thursday, preparing to leave at the beginning of next week.

"It's gonna be hard to leave Brittanee behind," said Carol, with tears in her eyes.

"It's gonna be tough to leave here," explained Al.

The Wagners say there are still many questions about their granddaughter's disappearance.  They say they think someone can answer them, and believe in their hearts she is still alive.

"I think she's being held against her will. If they do have her, I hope they see what we're going through and just turn her back over to us. I mean, she's precious to our family," said Carol.

The Wagners say they can't name every one who's helped them with this search, because the list is far too long. As they return home, they say part of them will be missing.

"We left a piece behind. We're gonna pull through, but Brittanee, grandma and grandpa love you, so much, please, if anybody knows anything, please let us know," cried Carol.

The Wagners say the most important thing is for their granddaughter's name and picture to stay at the front of people's minds.

On Thursday, the Wagner family says someone has agreed to donate a billboard and vinyl to help keep Brittanee's presence in the Grand Strand and to let people know that the search for the teen continues.

Touching article and such a pretty picture of Brittanee. I hope she is found soon.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #559 on: August 17, 2009, 03:21:32 PM »

Wow! Those two DO look alike. It's good to know people are keeping oan eye out for Brittanee.
===================
Billboard to be erected for missing NY teen     
By Graeme More
Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 7:25 p.m.

A large roadside billboard will go up sometime in the next week that features what has become one of Myrtle Beach's only unsolved missing persons cases.

The billboard will be placed near the North Santee community in Georgetown County and feature a large picture of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel who vanished from Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach on April 25.

The CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington worked with Next Media Group to get the design and billboard donated.

CUE, along with scores of law enforcement and volunteers, combed dozens of acres in Georgetown County in the weeks that followed Drexel's disappearance.

Drexel was on spring break in Myrtle Beach when she disappeared on the night of April 25. She was last seen leaving the Blue Water Resort on the south end of Ocean Boulevard.

Myrtle Beach detectives were able to track her cell phone signal to a tower in rural Georgetown County, but they never recovered the phone, and while hundreds of tips have been generated, no solid leads have been formed.

Detectives say they are continuing to work on the case, but right now there are no suspects and no persons of interest. They have said in the past that they consider the case to be an abduction and not a runaway.

Members with the CUE Center said they are considering a new search in the North Santee area sometime this Fall when the leaves fall and the terrain becomes a little easier to maneuver.

If you've got any information that could help police, you're asked to call Crimestoppers or Myrtle Beach police at 843-918-1382. A reward is being offered, and you can remain anonymous.

To learn more about Brittanee's case, and other missing persons, visit the CUE Center's web site at www.ncmissingpersons.org.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=337713

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.